My comrades slept
    While i stayed wake
    That faithful night
    When day shan't break

I waited hours
    And day wasn't here
    I thought i'd wake my comrades
    But i froze with f-

"Lucile, please, that song gives me the willies! It's hard enough having to stand hear without you telling ghost stories!" Andrew was a tall, muscular man who was polishing a long range weapon. In the jester patrol balloon outside the boundaries of Xanthindrill, Andrew had a single companion, lucile.
    "C'mon andy, that was my favorite bedtime song my mother used to sing me! And besides, i know you love my voice." Lucile told Andrew " and besides, The Night Terror is a wonderfully put together piece! How could you not like it?"
    "Y'know, I'm not keen on any of Vestik porch's songs, too dark if you ask me...hold on"
    Andrew looked through the telescope and gasped " four jesters, chasing someone, coming up fast!" Andrew looked up only to find he was talking to himself. He rolled his eyes, grabbed his calcifer-7, and quickly attached the scope.

Lucile, on the other-hand, was already plummeting towards the chase. Drawing her swords, she flew past the man and into the mass of purple chasing him. One jester was immediately cut down as she zipped past them, its body plummeting back to whence it came. She was able to graze another, but one of the jesters latched on to her as she flew by. Its claws nearly tearing through her cog-work armor.it got a sword through it's chest as thanks, and she was able to the kick another in the face before it got ahold of her foot. The fourth slammed into her and began ripping the armor off. "Bang"! A bullet ripped through the thing's skull,and it joined its comrades. The second jester saw what had happened and tried to flee, but another loud bang rang through the air and it lived no more.

Back at the station, Andrew was treating the man's corruption, while lucile went to work contacting general Uthor, telling him a pack of jesters and a horribly injured man had just shown out of the Stormgaurd. When asked how far along the transformation was, Andrew replied "not that far. his skin is going to take a while to regrow, but his teeth are fine, and...oh...umm...he...he has no tongue."
    ------------------------------------------------
    Meanwhile
    Tia dawnstarr, Thomas sterling, Coy chastain, Liz orlen all recieve in the mail a letter from the Gardonian library.
    Greetings from the Gardonian library! If you received this letter, it means you have the honor and pleasure of accompanying a team of explorers,out into the wildlands! Within this letter, lies a document you will send back to us here at the library. Nothing legal, just something to let us know you will be coming! It will be quite dangerous, but we have exceptional gear and a team of highly trained airmen guarding you! If you wish to be a part of this paid excursion, please send the document listed above and join us in two weeks at the library, with this letter to confirm you are you! Can't wait to see you here,
    Jadroy cullingsworth, head librarian.
    Last edited by Nerdtron8; 03-21-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

When the letters had arrived, neither Thomas nor Liz had noticed it. It had been Asha who had seen them, recognized that it was something important, and brought them into the workshop. Upon opening the door to the room, she sighed, and looked annoyed at the two bickering teens. Liz was hovering in the air, holding a mechanical object hish above her head, while Thomas was trying to grab it from her.
    "Give it back!"
    "But it's mine."
    "Yes, but you gave it to me to fix it! I'm not done yet."
    Asha sighed, taking long strides until she was right behind them.
    "Stop." They jumped, both being so engaged in their argument that they hadn't realized she was there.
    "You are acting like children. Liz, return the device." There was no arguing with her, and they did as they were told, Liz looking more like a chastized child than Thomas, who had immediately resumed work on the small machine. Their mother sighed, then set both letters on the work table. Then, without a word, she turned, and left. This was not entirely unexpected, or even a rare occurrence in their home. Asha would break the fight, then leave the two to think about how silly whatever it was had been while she did something more productive.

After a stretch of silence, Liz sat on the work table, and looked at the letters. Curiosity peeked, she lifted hers, tore it open, and began to read. As she read, her eyes grew wide, excitement obvious in them. Quickly, she pulled the document out, and began looking it over. An excursion to the wildlands wasn't something that happened every day after all. Thomas slowly looked up, and saw his adoptive sister pouring over a document. It wasn't often he saw that, at least, he didn't see her look so excited to read a long paper. Usually, she looked bored, or frustrated. He looked at the letter, and then lifted his own. He opened it sower, more carefully. Looking over the contents sparked the same kind of excitement though. Both filled out what they needed to, and found new envelopes. Soon, both documents letting the librarian know they'd be going were waiting to be delivered.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

When the letters had arrived, neither Thomas nor Liz had noticed it. It had been Asha who had seen them, recognized that it was something important, and brought them into the workshop. Upon opening the door to the room, she sighed, and looked annoyed at the two bickering teens. Liz was hovering in the air, holding a mechanical object hish above her head, while Thomas was trying to grab it from her.
    "Give it back!"
    "But it's mine."
    "Yes, but you gave it to me to fix it! I'm not done yet."
    Asha sighed, taking long strides until she was right behind them.
    "Stop." They jumped, both being so engaged in their argument that they hadn't realized she was there.
    "You are acting like children. Liz, return the device." There was no arguing with her, and they did as they were told, Liz looking more like a chastized child than Thomas, who had immediately resumed work on the small machine. Their mother sighed, then set both letters on the work table. Then, without a word, she turned, and left. This was not entirely unexpected, or even a rare occurrence in their home. Asha would break the fight, then leave the two to think about how silly whatever it was had been while she did something more productive.

After a stretch of silence, Liz sat on the work table, and looked at the letters. Curiosity peeked, she lifted hers, tore it open, and began to read. As she read, her eyes grew wide, excitement obvious in them. Quickly, she pulled the document out, and began looking it over. An excursion to the wildlands wasn't something that happened every day after all. Thomas slowly looked up, and saw his adoptive sister pouring over a document. It wasn't often he saw that, at least, he didn't see her look so excited to read a long paper. Usually, she looked bored, or frustrated. He looked at the letter, and then lifted his own. He opened it sower, more carefully. Looking over the contents sparked the same kind of excitement though. Both filled out what they needed to, and found new envelopes. Soon, both documents letting the librarian know they'd be going were waiting to be delivered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Hmm, I don't know..."

Tia stood in the middle of her smithy, looking at a letter from Gardon. Surrounding her were five high speed fliers wearing brightly-colored, intricately-patterned flight armor that she and her assistants had crafted for their performance in an upcoming festival. She glanced over the team with a smirk on her face, but also with a thoughtful look in her eyes.

"This is so unexpected. Why me, though?"

"Who cares? You should totally go! You are so fortunate to even have such an opportunity," one of the performers told her.

"There's nothing to worry about," another added. "It's not like it's the Stormgaurd or anything."

Tia's smile disappeared for a split-second as she remembered how she had lost a dear friend to that place. She then grinned at the team once again and nodded.

"You guys are right, I'll send the reply right after we close up."

The team expressed their happiness and excitement for Tia. She then breathed a sigh of satisfaction as she stepped back to admire her handiwork.

"You all look so pretty in that gear! I hope they serve you well too. All the best for your performance!"

"Thanks so much for your work, Tia!" Came the reply as they left. "All the best for your excursion too!"

Tia stopped by the post office after work to send the document. Can't wait to see you too, Jadroy Cullingsworth...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Jadroy...jaaadroy...JADROY!" A smaller man was outside a vast room littered with papers, scroll, stone tablets, and books of all kinds. They were also in all kinds of places, scattered about the room in a sea of unorganized knowledge. The smaller man was about 5'1" and wearing a luxurious butler uniform holding a plate of roasted chicken and some aged wine from xanthindrill.
    Not much of a breakfast, davenport thought, but Jadroy refused to have anything else.

"DAVENPORT! Is that my breakfast I smell?! Quickly, bring it in, I'm famished!" A voice called out from the ocean of papers and relics, and a hand shot up and waved from the other side of the room. Davenport rolled his eyes, and flew over to the hand, where Jadroy had made himself an inlet to put his workspace. He was studying a particularly old tablet, when Jadroy looked up. Jadroy was much taller, had brown hair with hazel eyes, and appeared to be in his late twenties. "Davenport! My goodness you are a live saver! Now, on twobusiness, how many letters back have we received?"
    Davenport red over the rather loud munches and snarfles and gulps I of Jadroy. " so far three out of the four have agreed, and mister coy hasn't yet sent back word." Hmm, welp, still time for a last minute, show up! Or maybe the letter got lost in the mail! Oh well."

Davenport rolled his eyes. "Sir, i truly cannot fathom as to why you are inviting these plebes on our mission!" Jadroy put the stone tablet down, and shook his head. "Davey, davey, davey... Two things. First, don't call our guests PLEBES when they arrive. Their efforts will be invaluable, and honestly, its quite rude. Secondley, this is not our mission. It is my excursion. You must stay here and keep the library in check."
    "But sir!"
    Davenport, im sorry, but not this time, now if you will please excuse me, i have some scriptures to decipher, if you please..." And jadroy was left alone.
    Last edited by Nerdtron8; 03-21-2016 at 12:50 AM.

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coy stared at the still unopened letter in his hand, wondering just why he had been handed the thing during mail-call. He also noticed that it had been sent a few days ago, probably got delayed thanks to that incident with the mailing room earlier that week. It couldn't be from his parents--they were still on their missions for the week. His father on Jester patrol and his mother giving a demonstration on close-quarters combat at the Academy. He'd been stuck with grunt work this week. He sighed and threw himself back into a sitting position to see just who it was from, why it was for him, and what was in it. Pulling a small carving knife from under the edge of his cot, he expertly split the envelope open, and the various papers fell out onto his cot. "Lets see here..." He muttered quietly to himself as he spread open the foremost page and began to read.

Just as he finished the last of the paperwork, he slipped it all back into the respective envelopes and stashed the letter next to his other personal belongings. Few as they were. Just as he was straightening up, the small door burst open and the others of his fellow grunts filed in talking and laughing until they spotted him. Then the awkwardness blossomed into the air. Nodding his head to the others, he made his way out through the only other door in the barracks. Hopefully this mysterious trip into the Wilderness would let him finally relax and open up. He'd already planned to spend his coming few weeks leave by leaving the city, and this was an excellent option. He rushed to the mail room, knowing that it was about to be shut down for the evening and wanting it sent ASAP, it having been delayed long enough in the first place.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

((Greetings! Before we get on, i would like to ask that characters please provide a list of IMPORTANT equipment you are bringing in the OOC section. I can assume yall are packing your undies and pants and a toothbrush, but if, say, you were to be bringing a sleeve gun or sword, or perhaps some flight armor, i want to be made aware. Thankyou much, and i hope the expedition goes well!))

The transit station between continents is packed. Large zepplins coming and going, when someone bumps into you and reaches inside your pocket. You spin to see the culprit, but he is already gone. You check all of your belongings to make sure they are still their, but instead of finding something missing, you find a ticket with writing you cannot read. You inquire about the strange ticket at the counter, and the man/woman behind it smiles, takes it, and asks your name. When you give it to him/her, they smile, and tell you to ask the luggage carriers about the v.i.p. Zepplin. You do as you are told, albeit bewildered, and the luggage carriers look at each other and whistel. To tall men in black suits request that you follow them to the "v.i.p." Zepplin. They lead you far from the station, to the fueling station. They take you to the bottom floor, to what appears to be a janitors room, where the janitor is repairing a broken broom, or perhaps polishing something. One of the men you are traveling with gives a nod to the janitor, and the janitor nods back. He opens an old, unused furnace, and you hear a slight click. The door closes and you and the men go farther down. The janitor gives you a reassuring smile, but it does little to ease your mixed emotions of curiosity and fear. The elevator room goes down for quite some time, until it reaches what appears to be a large cave, with a single zeppelin inside.

This zeppelin is much smaller the the others, and the propulsion system is clearly more advanced. As you and the janitor exit, the two men stay behind and take the elevator back up. The cave houses nothing but the zeppelin and some fuel canisters. As your mind reals with questions, you notice the janitor is already on board, and motioning you to hurry up. Moments after boarding, you hear a soft hum, almost musical, come for two engines on either side of the zeppelin, and you hear the janitor in the cockpit yell at you to sit down, and that while she purrs like a kitten, the whiplash she'll give ya is lethal. You hurriedly sit down in the only seat ( only two seats in the case of Liz and Thomas) you feel the zeppelin rise quite smoothly, and you start to wonder what the man was talking about. And then, the cave was gone. If your head wouldn't have whipped back, you wouldn't have noticed it take off. It was sleek, quiet, and most incredibly of all, when you went to look out the small window next your seat, the top of the zeppelin was lined with a soft-looking, white fabric, as though they had strapped clouds to it. You can't tell exactly how fast you are going, but you can certainly guess the this was leaps and bounds faster than any commercial zeppelin. The table next to your chair had a small bottle of water and a sandwich, both velcroed to the table itself.

During the flight, you try and ask the pilot, or janitor, a numerous amount of questions, the first being met with the man saying that it was pointless to tell ya anything, cuz ya would just learn it when ya got to the library, and the others with silence. The trip was only a half an hour (which compared to the normal 11-13 hour flight was quite the shocker!), and when you arrive, you land in another cave, and repeat the process of getting to the zeppelin, but mostly in reverse. The person standing behind the counter of the continent you were just on call you over, and give you your ticket with the strange markings on it back, but you turn it over an notice an authors name,Thornil Juws Glarcdoy, and some numbers. You make your way to the library, a large golden and magenta dome in the northeast part of the city. If this is your fist time, seeing it, it takes your breath away.

The paintings covering the gold and magenta sheen on the outside are intricate and beautiful. Some of them historical, others of worlds you would see in your dream, all flowing across the outside of the dome, like an ever-changing sea of art. If this isn't your first time seeing it...well, it would probably be awe inspiring and require a few few moments of "wow" at the very least. You make your way inside and find thousands upon thousands of books. Not even sure where to start, you remember the ticket in your back pocket, with the authors name! You walk over to the scribes and inquire about the name. The scribe looks at you, thinks for a bit, and consults a large tome in the middle of the library. After flipping through a great many pages, he finally seems to see what he is looking for, and leads you to a far corner. There is a small shelf with just one book written by the author. The scribe wishes you a good day, and walks off. You pick up the book and flip through it. Its a very boring and poorly written biography about a wood burner or some such. As you flip through the book, nothing really catches your eye until the very last page, which has a shadow of a ticket. Your ticket, in fact, as you curiously place your ticket in the shadow. The book immediately slams shut and will not open again. Nothing about the book changes, and no mystery men appear from the shadows.

You sigh in anticlimactic dissapointment, and put the book back. As you do so, the floor underneath you opens up, and while you expect to hold yourself up, you are dragged into the floor by an invisable force. You slide down a curved surface and into a large room unlike anything you have ever seen before. Tables with maps all over them and a few people mulling about, but they all applaud at your arrival. Your attention is grabbed however, by a diorama of something floating in the middle of the room. You noticed you have regained your flight, and hover up to it. Four(or one or none, depending on who you are) more people come through thr slide. When suddenly, you hear a voice.

"Uhg, finally! I thought you would never arrive! Welcome to the gordónian infocenter! Sorry about the weird transportation method, but this place is top secret!" And Jadroy puts a finger to his mouth in a shushing motion, and smiles. " ooooooh man, i cant WAIT. Davenport, you can bring the others in...he will be a moment. Im jadroy, by the by, and it is a glorious pleasure to meet the four of you!"

((Tia is the first to arrive, then liz and thomas, with coy arriving last. Jadroy is sharing tea with the other three as coy enters, waiting till he arrives to answer questions))
    Last edited by Nerdtron8; 03-25-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tia didn't often travel out of continent, considering there were already many places of leisure in Xanthindrill itself. The materials that she used for work were supplied by businesses in Gordon, but she usually had them delivered over, and it would be interesting to actually be there herself. Tia had planned to purchase a high-price seat so that she could enjoy the long ride to Gordon in comfort, though she was glad that an unexpected turn of events had led her to embark on a far more exciting journey.

The adventure through the library was something else altogether. Tia marvelled at the breathtaking art that covered the exterior of the building and the amount of knowledge contained within it. The little puzzle with the ticket at the end made it all the more intriguing. Finally arriving at the secret center, Tia was amazed, and a little puzzled at all the people who seemed to have been expecting her. Coming from a rather well-to-do family, she had been treated like a VIP quite a few times. However, such hospitality was pretty unexpected in a situation such as this.

Tia heard a voice welcoming her to the place and enthusiastically swooped down to meet the man who spoke.

"So you are Jadroy Cullingsworth!" Tia then held up the letter he had sent her. "I'm Tia, from Xanthindrill, and it's a pleasure to meet you too!"

Tia held her hand out to him. "I really appreciate the warm welcome and all that you went through to get me here. I can see it was quite a bit of work you put in. I also must say that your library is beautiful! I couldn't help but snap a few pictures on the way in, but about this little place, your secret is safe with me."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The two siblings hadn't expected to ride a zeppelin, but it seemed that the main library wasn't in their city. As a result, they went to the terminal to get to the one Jadroy Cullingsworth worked at. Being led to a vip craft, one that was tremendously powerful, had surprised both of them. Thomas had been fascinated by how fast they were going, while Liz had been excited by both the speed, and the flight. As they didn't have far to go in the rapid zeppelin, they were both disappointed when they had to get off so soon.

Finding the library was easy enough, though it distracted them with how much grander it was than the one at their home. Liz was taken away by the art, well, both of them were. Thomas managed to steer them to a scribe, and Liz asked if there were any books written by the name she had found on the back of her ticket. The book they were led to was a disappointment. "This is poorly written." Liz muttered as she read over some of the pages. Nothing of note seemed to be in the book, until the last page. She placed her ticket inside, and squeaked when the book slammed shut in her hands. After a few futile attempts to reopen it, she put it back with a sigh.

And then Thomas yelped as the floor fell away beneath them. Liz tried to fly, and was horrified when it didn't work. As they fell down the sloping tunnel, she couldn't help but want to yell at whoever had created it. She loved flying, so to take that ability was one of the worst insults. Yet the desire to get upset quickly fell away when they tumbled into the info center. The people applauding confused both, but Liz was more interested in the diorama. She drifted up to it, smiling in a slightly relieved way as she realized she could fly again. The voice of Jadroy made her turn from her examination, and shrug. She didn't fly back down to the floor. "The zeppelin, that was fun. The slide, not so much. Nice to meet you though. I'm Liz." She waved, smiling slightly. Jadroy was energetic, and his enthusiasm for the project was almost infectious. Thomas introduced himself as well. "I'm Thomas, her brother." He noticed an energetic woman near Jadroy, and smiled politely in her direction.

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Traveling to Gordon wasn't a new trip for Coy. Between training ops and the necessity for each cadet to be present at the forging of their equipment, He'd been to pretty much every major local in Gordon. Unfortunately, when he was directed through a rigamoralous trip just to get to a zeppelin very much like the ones that he'd heard of the special ops units used in their mostly useless training ops, he was quite wary for the entire trip. Granted, the ride itself was stunning and unusual, but it only fed his trained paranoia--even as he enjoyed it for what it was.

The library was an interesting distraction from his growing concerns, as he'd never actually been allowed to enter the esteemed building for any of his prior escapades throughout this particular city. He'd actually spent far longer than he'd like to admit just browsing the various isles and reading snippets of the various works held within the great building of knowledge and intrigue. He'd also only admit to reading several volumes of historical military importance. Never anything about fictional characters having fictional (and amazing) adventures in fictional worlds. Nope. He'd never read anything of the sort.

Snapping out of his reverie of the current piece of literature in his hands, he placed it back in its proper place and asked a care-taker of any works by the author on his 'special' ticket. Following the young man to a single secluded alcove with only a few works of interest, aside from the obvious target. Once again on guard, and expecting anything, he opened the book and took a moment to skim the pages. Finding the last page, he renewed his surroundings before placing the ticket and almost losing a finger to the force of the book's closing.

Snorting in disdain, he placed the book back where it was before he arrived, about to turn and head for home. Only to find that he was falling down a cleverly hidden trap-door. Granted, the bonus of the anti-flight trap was nice, it almost fell into one of thirty different scenarios he'd come up with as soon as he spotted the book to begin with. He deftly landed in a combat-ready position, though when he recognized no immediate ill-will, he took a moment to actually take in the sights. First, what looked like a diorama of some kind. He wordlessly floated up to see what the object actually was, before hearing a voice to his left asking him to follow. Shrugging, he did, and entered a chamber with four people sharing tea and chatting. "Uh... Salutations. I am Cadet Coy. I apologize for arriving so late." He said, snapping into a salute at the grand gestures of the host.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast