Thread: You Lie in April [Spoilers] Have you watched it?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default You Lie in April [Spoilers] Have you watched it?

Anyone watch this? I caught it on Netflix and I liked it, but everytime I think about it, it makes me sad. Just wanted to know if anyone else wanted to share their thoughts on it. I'll go into how I reacted to it more if there is someone else that has actually watched it and wants to share, too.

3Spooky5U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I watched like the first 5 episodes

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Oh, it gets sad. I don't remember when. It's good, and I think I would have appreciated it more if i were a musician, but I still liked it.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Watched more than half of it so far, but had to hold off on finishing the series due to work. Absolutely loved it up to this point.

I put in an educated guess as to what the big twist was going to be back when I watched like episode 3, because I knew it was meant to be a tear-jerker, and the further along I get the more it feels like my prediction was right, which is honestly making me worried about going back to it xD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I need to finish this... I think I got halfway through ep. 1 before zoning off to... well, probably reply to Naming. :P Is it honestly worth the full watch?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I don't know if I can say whether you will feel like it was worth it. It honestly made me feel like "these are middle school students going through this?" but I guess... ok I'm going to kind of start over.

I liked it. I think of it as a really good story, that makes me really sad when I think about it. haha. I was hoping someone else had finished it so I could be like "oh my god can you believe how..." It is a tear jerker. It pulled at my heart strings. If you are in the mood for something that's going to probably make you cry, go for it.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

A lot of animes seem to have the same problem concerning character ages. A lot of them often look, act and think as if they are a lot more mature than their characters are actually stated to be. If you just imagine them being a couple of years older it seems to fit better, in my mind at least.

In any case, maybe I should take that as motivation to go back to watching it when I get the chance =P

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I've watched it. It's a psychological drama. While it has its happy moments, it has its sad ones too. The cafe piano scene is one of my favorites, it's at once sweet but hints at his problems.

Spoiler: Cafe scene 

Many see cartoons (and thus) anime as being just for kids - mostly because they miss the adult jokes in Western cartoons. This is one of those animes that can seriously question that belief.
    Last edited by Enigma; 10-06-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤