Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

For her part, Corbin never claimed to have any sort of common sense at all. Life had always seemed to run on pure adrenaline and not much else. There were many days where death seemed more of a beautiful dream than living in this insufferable mess of a world where up was down, down was up and happiness seemed to slide through her fingertips like the wind in a sandstorm.

Maybe it was her ignorance and belief that Atris was Charlie's golden boy and she a toy placed in front of him to keep him occupied during down times. However, now it seemed there was a wee bit more to it than that.

"Don't you think this whole process would have moved along much easier if someone..say YOU..would have offered up this information in plain speech in the first place? You being death is kind of a big deal. I never understand why sentient beings like yourself can't just cut to the chase." Which was not likely to please Charlie very much. But, if the woman knew anything about Corbin, it was that she didn't hold back any punches when aggravated.

It took a few moments of stewing in silence before another word was uttered. At first, her words might anger Charlie even further. "First off stop referring to me as a bitch. If you don't provide me with truth, I'm gonna give you some flack. Two, you best leave my fucking heart alone. It's one of the only things I've ever owned in my whole existence. If and when I decide to give it away, that will be MY decision." OK, so this was not a good start. Corbin's gaze drifted to Atris only to see he had vanished and she was left to float in the verse alone. That very heart she spoke of now racked with unbearable heart ache at the idea she'd lost him.

"Just know I don't do this for you, Charlie. I do this for Atris." Inhaling deeply, causing a long pregnant pause. "I agree....I agree!"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Damn mortals. Do you know why you are in this predicament? Why every celestial being hates you? You're entitled. You essentially have the power of the Gods drifting right in front of you and are so convinced you control your own destiny and deserve to know it all. One, you have been gifted by those more powerful than I, Two, you don't deserve to know anything, you need to learn it, Three, stop thinking like a damn human, you're Nephilim. There's alot more to this world then you understand, cosmic laws in place that I just broke for you. Show some damned gratitude." Charlie growled at her before her hand flung out to the size and seemingly ripped Corbin out of whatever stasis she was in.

The last words Charlie said faded out with a slight echo. "Bitch.."

Corbin was left standing above the body Atris who was curled up on the ground holding his chest while lying in a puddle of blood. He was breathing but it was staggered and he looked as if he were in pain. He didn't move and now Corbin was alone, Charlie had disappeared and what was more.

This world was lifeless...or atlesst it felt that way, but how could it also feel like she was being watched.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Stunned..Corbin was completely stunned. So much so her mouth couldn't form words for a time. There were so many questions she wanted to ask of Charlie. Information that was still needed to process it all. She'd been gifted..why? She didn't need to know..she needed to learn? The entity was already gone before she was even able to say. "I'm a what?" Nephilim. That was the word which still lingered in the air even as the world around her altered into a different reality. "But, I can't be. I'm human..I can't.." Charlie had her hands full with these two. All she asked for was gratitude just before slinging Corbin off to who knows where land. To be fair, there was a muttered..."Thank you?" to Charlie in the process. Followed by that sweet exclamation in return on Charlie's part. "Bitch."

Should she really be thankful for knowledge without understanding of it? Was a bomb just right for exploding. She'd soon discover there was no time for philosophical thinking nor the pondering of the universe and her place. Corbin didn't make it further than a few steps before spying Atris on the ground in a pool of blood.

"No..nonononononnoooo...no please.." Dropping down to her knees at his side, using both hands to try and stop the blood loss. "This is how you help us Charlie! ..By killing him! I fucking HATE you!!!" Let's be honest, there was no time to call the bitch out or rage to the heavens. Corbin could kick Charlie's ass another day. Right now, she had to figure out what to do.

She was a Nephilim. What did she know about them? ..."Think, think, think..you stupid brain...uhm..there's different kinds. Some that are almost mortal. Transcendents..they're Godlike. I don't feel god like." Slapping Atris across the face a few times; but, he didn't move.

"Isn't there a learners manual for this! What else do I know? Divine magic! You harness it and then it can be focused and you can heal wounds. Oh my god..Nephilim can heal wounds!" Taking in a few deep breathes to slow her breathing and calm down. Her hands were shaking as she rolled him over on his back and pressed her palms over the gaping wound. "I can do this. I can do this. Just breathe and focus."

It seemed to take forever to push out all the worry and fear that served to muddle her mind. She steadied herself, emptied all those manic thoughts from her mind and reached deep inside herself to draw up the elements from a divine arcane craft of the past. The magic did not come easily. She had to learn to move with the flow of the powers that be and harness them. While it may have seemed to take hours, her Nephilim traits soon moved to forefront of her mind. Again her hands were placed on the limp body of Atris, again she focused in on the energy now hovering right at her fingertips and over the wounds he'd sustained. The divine magic began to light up the very space they were in as she silently commanded the energy to make him whole again. "Please, Atris. Come back to me..don't leave me here alone." Surely one could not live without the other.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Ya know, Nephilim don't die like humans do right?" He sat up rubbing his eyes and propping himself up on his arm. It was a jarring experience, death and life being ripped away from you and forced on you even if its for a moment. Charlie had never really let him die, she wouldn't, she liked him to much...Huh, maybe that would explain why she didn't like Corbin. He ran his fingers through his hair and brush the sweat away from his eyes. Corbin was stuck sitting there trying to bring him back but also not and all the while Atris was watching her and his corpse.

"I guess talking to you wouldn't make sense considering you can't hear me eh?" He sighed a bit and Charlie plopped down beside him in an annoyed huff. Charlie seemed almost upset that he wasn't actually dead or that maybe it was she wasn't technically alive.
    "Life isn't something to squander and you need to learn that just like she does. Humans are oddly special, granted you're also the biggest joke in existence, you're also meant for more than any demon or angel." She lay her head on his shoulder and sighed deeply looking out at Corbin as she tried so desperate to bring Atris back.
    "Thanks Charlie, for what its worth I mean."
    "Yeah whatever." She snapped her fingers without considering what side effects may occur and all at once Atris' soul was flung from inexistence back to the small joys of life.

So, you remember how I mentioned before life and death can be jarring? Well, you have no idea until all at once you go from sitting there watching your corpse to lurching forward gasping for air and feeling like someone just pulled you up from drowning, only you weren't wet..just sticky and gross.
    He flung forward caught in Corbin's hands gasping for air and pulling his hand to his chest checking frantically for a heart beat. "Sweet sister.." He mumbled through gaps of air while hunched over her arm.
    Last edited by Anti-Hero; 08-23-2017 at 02:30 AM.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nothing worked. She beat on his chest, tried CPR, slapping his face..whatever it took and got zip in return. Corbin was trying so hard..so very fucking hard to pull him back from death's door and there was no response. What the hell was the point of being a Nephilim if she was powerless to make anything better?

She must have attained a sixth sense at some point and realized something was amiss. There had to be more to this than meets the eye. Corbin wasn't being successful because a third party had to be in the way.

"Charlie..." Plopping down on of the few flat pieces of concrete not yet destroyed in the destruction after realizing she was stuck in a catch 22. "I know this is your doing. I know you can't stand me..that's OK cause you're not exactly my favorite person in the world either. That being said, I love him. I won't let you take Atris away from me. I will fight you until the bitter end. Every second..of every minute..of every hour..of every day. Till my last breath or yours if that is what has to happen. There will be no shelter from me. If you let him die, I will deliver you to purgatory myself and see to it you taste the fires of hell for eternity." Maybe she could do it or maybe she could learn to do it. It was clear, Corbin would not back down. There was too much at stake.

Whether it was her words or Charlie just being an ass, the next thing Corbin knew, Atris rammed right into her. Which was not expected in the least. It took a second or two to realize he was there, alive and breathing. "..Atris..are you OK?"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Well....I was dead..so uh...you tell me?" He looked moved his hands across his chest and neck to check for vital signs. There was the heart beat, he was breathing, he felt hungry...wait...hold on...okay, good not for brains, so he wasn't a zombie. He sat there a moment mildly shocked and not sure if he was unable or unwilling to move, but slowly he pressed his hand against the dirt and grabbed a fist full of it. It was in that instant he knew they weren't, to quote the old story, in Kansas anymore. He started to look around, Corbin looked as gorgeous as ever, but the trees behind her were dead from the ground up he couldn't find life in the grass, the plants, or trees. Whats more? There was no breeze and the air lingered with an odor of stagnate.

He took a moment and raised himself up with the help of Corbin, all the while his curiosity leading him to look around even though it felt and looked the same for miles. He didn't even hear movement so, where the hell had Charlie landed them?

He broke away from looking around and looked at Corbin checking her over with his eyes and then turning her around and placing a hand on her lower leg and thigh, his hand felt up her hip and lower back and then he oddly tried to smell her hair, even she had no scent and that was unusual.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Shrugging. "I have no clue. One minute I'm trying to bring you back to life, the next we're here." She might be shortening that version of the story a bit too much to be honest. "OK, OK..so I may have said or done something that might have pissed Charlie off again.....???" Honest to god, she didn't know for sure. Corbin was Corbin. She wasn't one to hold back when someone challenges her. When Atris grabbed a handful of dirt, her brow raised. The strange stench of the air, yet lack of a breeze was noticed next. When he started looking her over, then touching her..but not touching her, it all started getting more than a little creepy. "You know how many years I've waiting to get felt up?" She was still waiting. After looking around a little further, their new 'home', if that's what it was suppose to be, did seem a little more bleak than the last place.

"Sorry?" Said a bit timidly. "I'm not even sure what I'm capable of doing. Maybe I did this. Did I? I just want her to leave us alone for two minutes. Better yet, give me an hour? Why can't she but out? I can't even think about kissing you with without feeling her breath on my back. That pisses me off." It was hard being clueless. There was no training manual for new Nephilims. Her eyes scanned the landscape for something, anything that wasn't completely dead and found nothing. Corbin snickered at this whole mess. "This is never going to end is it? Not until I fit into whatever mold Charlie believes I should be. I'll never be good enough. You should go back to her. It will be safer for you."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

“Oh stop being a girl, it doesn’t suit you.” Atris smiled at her after he broke his complete and utter attention on the world around him. He sighed a bit both exhausted and curious and now he also kind of felt like “feeling up” Corbin. He plopped back down in the dirt next to her and grabbed another handful of dirt while staring out into and endless void that had replaced their grey skies. It was different ya know? Grey or not the sun still shone, the clouds were still there but here, there was no warmth, no light, no darkness, no cold, there was nothing. The best idea he had was the old books talked about life after death and always named three places. Heaven, Hell, Purgatory. He looked at Corbin and eyed her up and down in an extremely overly sexual manner.

He reached out and tapped her thigh, squeezing it and teasing her just a tad because when someone felt vulnerable all he knew how to do was joke and make them laugh. He had adored Corbin god years, she was the closest thing to family he had ever remembered and to be honest? He thought of her as far more than a friend but interruption after interruption, responsibility after responsibility...They never got to be them and it was hard. “Want our first time to be in Purgatory?” He said with a light chuckle while he laid back in the dirt trying to even comprehend what to do

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

A Leaf on the Wind
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"If I shouldn't be a girl, would you prefer me to be one of the four horseman? A Djinn? A Wraith? Wendigo?" Oh there were so many options to choose from! "Maybe I'm one of the scariest things you've ever met." Grinning slightly. Hey, at least she was able to find some humor in their current situation despite the predicament. Though there were times Corbin felt there was some truth that he may fear her. That's why she was always at arm's length. It may be more true than either would like to admit.

What if she could hurt him?

Maybe that's why Charlie was always hovering nearby in case the constant changes Corbin was going through could lead to Atris being put in danger. In her heart of hearts, there was nothing and no one in the universe or beyond that would make her ever lift even a pinky finger to harm him. No way at all. On the other side of the coin, you can never say never.

Her mind had been elsewhere thinking way too hard before Corbin finally noticed the way Atris was looking at her. It wasn't that casual hit and miss glance of a man far more concerned about protecting the helpless. That expression was known all too well. Now sitting there in a place that seemed devoid of all life, with nothing but blowing sand and dirt about, it was quite surprising to see the way he was looking at her now. Overly focused in her direction. Even more surprising was the hand now resting on her thigh. "Are you feeling alright?" He was rarely touchy feely with her. Hell, she didn't even know he knew how to flirt; much less, put the moves on.

"Well.." pausing before answering his question. "It's kind of dirty, gritty and nasty. Not what a girl would usually envision for such an occasion." Couldn't even remember the last time she'd kissed him or if she ever had. Charlie always seemed very adamant the two shouldn't get too cozy. "I don't know, Atris. I don't want to hurt anyone. Especially you."
    Last edited by Maya; 11-12-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

“Ya know, I learned something when I was...under. Flashes mostly.” He pulled his hand away but still kept that sly little grin on his face, one that dominated his words and added more to them even if they were empty. He leaned back on his palms nd stared at the void with an expression in his eyes no more full of life than the sky around them. “Nephilim.”

He paused lamenting his own knowledge for just a moment.
    “Bringers of change, be it destruction or life, like yin and yang they coexist because they can’t wothout the other, a perfect form of balance that not even God himself could stop.”
    He looked from the sky to her and with a tinge of nervousness over his inability to admit what they bother already knew he told her what Charlie had meant for them to learn. He took her hand and then a small pile of dirt from the ground seemed to writhe at his touch, but he opened hers and placed it there.

“We have always been together, every since the day we found each other and I know now...that fate, shackled is to eternity. Watch.”

He pulled his hand from her and backed away motioning her to sit still as life burst forth from dirt that had previously been dead. “Nephilim, bringers of change, life...” he pointed to her and then to himself. “Death.” He stopped speaking for a moment and twitched a bit. “ I was never going to be without you, because I couldn’t be without you. And even though there is some prederterimined reason, I’m glad it was you.”

He picked up a pile of dirt and at his touch it seemed to dissipate...”You can’t hurt me nor could I ever hurt you.”

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast