Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Magnificent 7 (Maya and Anti(M))

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Hot flashes?" Ha..hahaha..OK, so this was no time to be funny as they were out in the middle of absolutely nowhere; but, you take a light moment where you can get it. Corbin sat there in the dust, knees bent with both arms wrapped around them still trying to figure out what was going on and why was Charlie so god damn silent now. Chatty Cathy had vanished while leaving them in the worst place ever.

Out of the blue she heard Atris say Nephilim.. "I don't know. That seems too out of this world. Well, maybe not this world. This place is kind of creepy, weird and ....blah for lack of a better description. Are you saying you are? I am? Both of us are? or none of the above?" Corbin could be pretty chatty when uncomfortable with what was being placed before her. Especially something this big. When she got nervous or uncomfortable, she would usually find a way to leave and hide in her room until whatever problem fixed itself. There was no running now.

Bringers of change, be it destruction or life, like yin and yang they coexist because they can’t without the other, a perfect form of balance that not even God himself could stop.

"Who's yin and who's yang?" Whispering as he took her hand, placing the dirt in her palm to watch as it became a life unto itself. For some reason, watching it made her smile. Even if it was just dirt. "Life.." Making it spin into the air and start to manipulate the shapes she could make. Simple things. A ball, a box, a yellow, wild flower which really stuck out compared to the desolateness of their surroundings. When Atris proclaimed himself death, all her work fell back to the ground as nothing but sand granules. "Death..you?" She found that hard to swallow. "Guess you can't have one without the other."

"It makes sense. How long have we been circling around each other now? I'd run from you; but, I never went far. How many times did I nurse you back to health? How many times did you make me furious when you ran right back into battle and came out a bloody mess? How many times did I forgive you repeating the cycle? I guess it proves that we are who we are and we are where we should be. Together." Would Charlie be proud of them for putting two and two together? Corbin had never gotten much respect, nor even a hint that Charlie would ever like her at all.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

“If you want me to be honest, that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Charlie implied we’re here for a reason, but I can’t fathom in the faintest what that reason may be..” Atris looked around and took a few steps, obviously pacing back and forth, thinking hard about their next move. “I wonder.....do you remember those old stories Cor? The ones about the last “saviors” who all dissapprared?”

He trailed off looking around and wondering even more why everything felt so still, right purgatory, they didn’t even age here. That raised the question how long had they been gone? Was the bunker still there? Did anyone survive at all? He now couldn’t remember. He kept pacing, lost in thought so much so he hadn’t even notice Charlie show up and sit down in the dirt.

“So Corbin, a lot of things should start making since to you now. Death and Life and reapers....We’re drawn to him, but....” She actually shuffled nervously and backed slightly away from Corbin. “You...can destroy us. Oh also, he can’t see me, so it’s just us girls.” Charlie for the first time was teasing the idea of smiling at Corbin but it was hard. Reapers felt deeper and stronger then most species, the perfect empath. Charlie disliked Corbin but she had always known why, there’s an instinctual hard between predator and prey. So much as a touch could obliterate Charlie into nothing with no chance of being saved.

“All three of us will need to talk, because I’m here to actually guide you, through this place, I have been assigned as your Reaper since before you were born...nothing to me is more important than the two of you.”

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

A Leaf on the Wind
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"It's probably so you can get sweet cuddles from her and I can be impaled through the heart for ever and ever. There's no question the woman hates me with a passion." As for the stories he spoke of, Corbin shook her head. "Honestly Atris, when did I have time to pay attention to those old stories? If I wasn't worrying that you'd be dragon food or vampire food or wild boar food or whatever creature came around that could maul you to death food, then I was the one trying to put you back together for hours on end. That doesn't leave much time for fanciful tales." Filtering hands full of sand through her fingertips.

She didn't have much of an inkling to the current workings of his mind; but, Atris pacing back and forth like that was enough to make her head spin. "Why don't you sit down? You're making me nervous." But he didn't acquiesce to her request.

Before Corbin could find out why, there was Charlie sitting beside her offering casual conversation as if they were best buds. "Drawn to him..both of us. You say that; but, I remember spending more time purposely avoiding him. Perhaps it was by my own choice. He was always doing something stupid that could get himself killed. Why would I try to be a part of that daredevil mentality?" She noticed how Charlie kept her distance. One would think there was a poisonous snake around the next corner ready to strike. Being told it was just two of them..the girls..having some bonding time chit chat, Corbin leaned back on her elbows and glanced up to the sky. It was clear Charlie was dancing around something and it turned out to be a very big something at that. "I can destroy you." Was not a question; but, a statement. One she seemed to mull over for quite some time.

Wasn't this an interesting turn of events? Here Corbin was believing that she was the weakest of the weak when it was Charlie who had the most to worry about. Considering how snotty Charlie had been in the past, she had to find at least a small amount of satisfaction now knowing who actually had their ass stuck in the hot seat. "So you knew this and believed the best way to handle your fear of me was to be a total bitch? I have to say that takes balls."

So much to think on. For now, she wanted to get Atris back so he could stop the incessant pacing. "Yes, I'm sure it would be best if all three of us had long chat. There's much to learn."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345