Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~The INN~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default ~The INN~

It's been a long day. You deserve a rest! Come on in to the INN! Pull up a chair, grab a drink, tell a story! Meet friends, old and new. All are welcome.

An old building, something that came straight out of a story book. But, perhaps, that was because it was located in a story book. It sat atop a hill. Green pastures as far as the eye could see, almost. A forest, lay at the very edge of one's vision. Though, none dared approach. For it was dark, and full of creatures. The building faced the edge of a cliff. A balcony looked over it. The waves, crashing against the rocks, could be heard inside. Down a small path to the right, there stood a stable. This too was old, but well kept. A warm place for the animals.

As one enters the two old wooden doors, they are met with a welcoming sight. To the right, a lobby. Overstuffed chairs circling around a fireplace. A roaring fire, welcoming to any weary traveler. The floor wooden, with warm inviting burgundy rugs. A short coffee table amidst the chairs. A few ancient books, scrolls, and other such items cluttering it. Along the walls, bookshelves. Stuffed full of odds and ends. Anything one could dream of reading, there it was.

To the left of the door, what seemed to be a dinning hall. Several wooden tables and chairs arranged. In the back of the room, a bar. Wooden bar stools for any looking for a drink.

Directly in front of the doors, at the back of the place, there was a staircase. Leading to what appeared to be another level, a hallway. Here, traveling guests could take a room, rest for the night.

Behind the bar, stood an older woman. She was tall, willowy. Her eyes a piercing golden color. Her hair silver with age. It was long, cascading over her shoulders, down her back. Held out of her face with a small broach. She had a warm smile. One a person would expect to see from a grandmother. Her name, if one were to ask, was Drakkara. The stories she could tell, long and wonderful. Though many would argue they never happened. But, who was to know?

Yes, the place was everything anyone could ever want. A home, away from home.

Would you care for a visit?
    Last edited by HaelKatrin; 12-30-2016 at 03:57 AM.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gruuk whistled a warm melody as he waddled through the dense thicket. The various tools and accouterments he carried on his pack rattled and clanked along, adding a percussive element to his song. He must have been terribly loud in that quiet little forest but he couldn't really help it, he was a dwarf of the clanging-banging-glitter caves after all.

After an hour of walking, Gruuk emerged from the trees onto the greenest field he had ever seen. The blanket of green seemed to stretch up a hill until it stopped abruptly over a cliff. But lo, at the center of it all, there was a cozy little in! This was all very fine for Gruuk, who's feet were beginning to ache from all the soft soil he had been walking on. Good food and nice hard floor, preferably stone, would suit him well right about now. He shuffled up the path resuming his tune.

A few minutes after he had gotten himself properly settled, he found himself in the Inns tavern. He studied the room curiously, taking in the festive sounds and smells. Gruuk walked up to the bar after seeing an elderly woman standing there with a smile on her face. He clasped his hands behind his back until she saw him waiting. Then he tipped his hat high and bowed.

"greetings, I am Gruuk, of the Banging-Clanging Glitter caves where the hammers ring and sing. What is your name kind human with the eyes that glimmer like gold? It would please me very much to hear a tale or two about these strange lands, if you are of the mind to tell one. "

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The woman looks up as the strange dwarf enters. She gives him a kind smile as he sits at the bar. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Would you care for a stout drink as well? Or simply come to hear an old woman ramble?" Her eyes sparkled with good humor.

"Banging-Clanging Glitter Caves, you say? Interesting. I've not heard of those in a great long while. . . When I was but a girl. Strange tellings, I must say." She says with a chuckle.

Detailed, Any
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

It was not out of the ordinary that the young priestess felt drained after using her powers to answer people's prayers, and wishes; however, today of all days felt strange. She felt much more depleted, weary, and burned out. What is a young priestess to do when both her parents abandoned her at such an young age? She needed to earn a reputation someway, and earn some function of finance. If it was heeding people's selfish wishes and desires then so it shall be. As the young priestess came inside her rather expensive home she sat down on the lounge chair in her living room with a sigh. "Milady.. would you wish for me to fetch..?" the butler got cut off by the curt gesture of the young priestess. "No.. but the door will be knocking will you get that for me?" The butler just looked at the young priestess a bit skeptical, but when a knock could be heard he widened his eyes and immediately obeyed the request. He opened the door as he said, "Welcome to the humble abode of the young priestess princess Helias Penthesilesia Pheraia Selphina Sol Tenes the Third." The young priestess would look up from where she would be sitting to see that this woman was an elder one. With a slight sigh, she would stand up and walk towards the two. She would gently place a hand on the shoulder of her butler and then look towards the elder woman with a smile, "Yes.. you have found my home. How may I be of service to you? I do apologize in advance.. I am a bit exhausted."
    With this the young priestess would stagger backwards holding her head, as she felt lightheaded. "Milady!" the butler would yell in concern as he catches her. The young priestess's eyes normal blue eyes would slowly change into an almost purple shade. The butler would widen his eyes as he knew what this meant. He looked at the elder woman in front of the door, and just give her an apologetic smile. "I apologize for this.. if you wish for food or water please wait one moment." He would then yell out names, "Thamyris! Thelxion! Ulric! Zell! Zyrig! Thyia! Polyxo!" As the owners of the names that were being yelled were scrabbling towards the butler they noticed that their priestess was about to fall unconscious. "Thaeox.. we heard your yells.. is Milady Rhea going through.." The butler, Thaeox, just shook his head and cut him off, "Enough Zell. Now serve that woman." Thaeox then looked at the rest of the servants, "Polyxo you help him too! You help Zell." The two younger butlers would just nod their heads and swiftly went in front of the door blocking the sight of the elder woman of the commotion happening. "The rest of you follow me." Thaeox said in a stern tone. As Thaeox adjusted the hold of the princess he felt her slowly falling limp. As the five other maids and butlers scurried after Thaeox; the elder woman with Polyxo and Zell said, "I only wish for some water and some food...perhaps a night stay?" Zell would smile and nod, "Yes of course. Polyxo will get you your water and food; however, today is not a good day for us to have visitors to rest. Our mistress has fallen...ill." Polyxo quickly opened a cabinet which held multiple things such as bread and jam, and a pail of water. Polyxo quickly scooped some water out of the pail and into a small cup, and then grabbed the neatly wrapped bread and placed it onto an end table. He opened up the jar of jam and spread some lavishly across half of the loaf of bread leaving the other half plain just in case the elder woman did not like this certain flavor of jam. Polyxo would then put the lid back onto the jar and place the jam back into its rightful place as he then handed the bread and cup to the woman. The woman immediately drank out of the cup, and with a satisfied sigh would hand them back the cup.

While Polyxo and Zell was keeping the elder woman visitor busy, Thaeox and the rest go downstairs. As Thaeox placed now a very limp body of the princess onto the bed he would gesture everyone to go to their places of guarding. Thaeox would only sigh and shake his head, as this happened quite often. Their princess would always go through this scare when she was having a vision.
    In the vision, she was in she could see a shadow that was cast by a figure. It was not an animal figure, nor a plant...but it was a human's figure. As the vision switched one place to the other, now she was in a home-like place. Inside were people of all sorts, and colors and sizes. There would be sounds of chatter, and laughter and clinking of glasses, as well as a few grunts of anger from losing a game. Now the vision would show an elder woman smiling behind a bar, and this elder woman looked similar to the woman that was at her humble estate right now. What was this vision trying to tell her? Was it calling out to her? Impossible. No buildings could call out to her.

Polyxo and Zell waved goodbye to the elder woman and closed the door. As Zell locked the door in place Polyxo went ahead first. Polyxo and Zell went downstairs and could only watch as their fellow servants also watched the body of their mistress, but with a slight quiet moan from the princess everyone breathed in sync and sighed out of relief. Thaeox would help the princess sit up and smile softly, "Milady..? What was the vision about?" The princess merely shook her head, "It was not like any other vision I had before.. it was...in this building? It was somewhat like a home. People were laughing, and playing, and just being sociable..." The princess shook her head, "However.. I did see an elder woman that looked similar to the one who was at our doorstep." Thaeox would only nod then ask, "Is this vision just...a vision for the future?" The princess shook her head, "No.. I think this vision was telling me to do something.. I think this vision wanted me to look for this place."
    -------TIME SKIP-------
    Without further ado, the princess would be standing in the doorsteps of the building that was in her vision. It took a lot out of her to try and find this place, for one it was because it was not on any map..but she needed to teleport herself here. The princess would let out a small sigh of exhaustion then as she placed a hand out to open the door, the doors opened for her. She would widen her eyes in a bit of a surprise as she slowly stepped inside being cautious and skeptical. As she walked inside of this olden building the doors closed behind her, and the more she stepped inside the more it looked like an inn, and alas behind the bar just like her vision, stood an older woman. She was tall, and adroit. Her eyes a shade of gold one might mistake that those were not eyes, but real gold nuggets. Her hair was white and had a silvery tint due to the fact that she was aged. She was the only familiar figure she could tell, so the princess would walk towards the bar and sit down on the stool. "W-where.. is this..? Where...am I? I have merely.." She stopped herself. She could not say what she did in order to get here that will be practically revealing her powers. She cleared her throat, "I um.. one glass of um.. your finest wine please." She then smiled, "My name is.. Metaneira.. however please do call me Allora." No one in her home would ever call her by her name Metaneira.. it was always her full one, : Helias Penthesilesia Pheraia Selphina Sol Tenes the Third.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Drakkar had paid a visit to a young woman, many evenings ago. She had knocked on a door, as it was answered, she watched curiously as the Lady of the house seemed to grow ill. This did not at all surprise Drakkara, for this is why she had come. She turns her attention to the two servants, offering her food and water. They could not offer her a place of rest, but that was quite all right, it wasn't needed.

She accepts the water, and bread. Staying for no longer than necessary to consume them. Then, after bowing in thanks to the servants, she would leave the home.

~♥~

She had just been about to tell the dwarf, Gruuk, an interesting tale, when the bell over her INN doors rang. She looks up with a smile as the young girl she had been expecting walks in. "If you'll excuse me a moment?" She barely waits for an answer, and turns her attention to the girl.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Allora." She turns, and takes a dark bottle off the shelves behind her. Uncorking it, she pours a deep purple liquid into a glass, and sets it in front of her. "You have had quite a long trip, you must be tired. As for where you are, you are at my humble INN." She returns the bottle back to its place on the shelf. "Is there anything else, my dear?"
    Last edited by HaelKatrin; 12-30-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Detailed, Any
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The young princess had a small smile, this elder woman seemed kind; however Allora needed to remain alert, for who knows who she really is and who she can turn out to be. She merely watched the elder woman uncork the bottle with ease. Surprisingly, for an elder woman this woman moves quite nimbly for her age thought Allora. She watched the woman pour the mysterious drink into her glass, and the color of it was even more mystifying, for it was a deep purple. Allora eyed the glass, but quickly took an elegant sip not wanting to be rude, and to her surprise she liked this certain taste. Allora placed the glass down onto the table gently and nod, "Yes. I did have quite a long trip that is correct. I am quite exhausted.." She then looked around, "This is your..inn? Then.. to stay at a place like this.. how much does it cost?" She then took another sip from her glass, and shake her head. "Yes. I wish to know your name since you know mine." She then place the glass down and gesture behind her, "What can you do in an inn such as this? It is similar to a cabin for camping do you not agree? I am not trying to sound offensive miss.. I assure you I am just..rambling is all." She then took another sip of her drink, "This taste.. I have never acquired such an unique taste.. what is this?" She then looked around once again, and furrowed her eyebrows. In her vision this inn was much more lively inside. There were more people than just herself and a few others. In her vision there were tons of people drinking together, playing together, or just talking with each other. "Is...this normally how packed this inn is?" Allora asked. Allora needed to be careful not give anything about herself away.
    Last edited by SerahAura; 12-30-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"A mere five silver coins." She answers simply. The price was quite modest. Most inns would charge at least twenty. But, she did not much care to do as everyone else did. She chuckles softly, realizing she had not yet given her name. "I am Drakkara." She nods, "Yes, it is a place to relax and rest. Usually it is much busier, but the storm outside has kept many patrons away this night." And so it had. Outside, they could hear the clash of thunder, see the brilliance of the lightening flash. The soft patter of the rain against the stone roof. "As for the wine, it is simply that, a wine. Nothing extraordinary, I'm afraid. Though, you will not find it anywhere else."

She did not mind the girl's prattling. It reminded her of her own children, now long gone. She simply listens, answering questions as they came. She knew more than she appeared to, knew more about this particular girl. But, she shows none of this. She simply remains quiet, answering questions as they came. There was a lot about the woman that most did not know. In fact, most knew nothing more than her name, and her mysterious INN. But, that was how she preferred it.

Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I have come for both barmistress! But alas, no good tale is told without drinks to keep them company and listening is hard work when you are thirsty. I will take a tall ale. Oh, and hot porridge too if you please," Gruuk added hastily when his stomach growled. It had been many days since he had a warm meal. After a week of eating wild mushrooms gnarled roots, and the occasional overcooked rat, he was ready for some real food. Or at least, whatever these human-folk had to offer.

"Is that so?" Gruuk mused, as the woman told him she had heard of his home cave. Gruuk thought the woman was going to tell a fine tale when she was suddenly distracted and ran off to help another tenant. Gruuk peered across the bar to see a young girl sitting there with a tired expression. He wondered what she was doing there. She seemed a little tense and worried, so when she looked his way, Gruuk gave her a reassuring thumbs up.

Detailed, Any
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Merely five silver coins..?" Allora asked rhetorically. This elder woman must have time and money to spare. She just simply says the price of five silver coins. Allora was not aware of any inns or any resting areas/buildings of this price. Allora then shook her head, "You are quite a joker miss." As Allora listened to the woman speak, she felt calm. She felt at ease. This was bizarre because normally Allora would not be acting this way towards a stranger, she kept the 'stranger danger' rule to heart and lived by it; however this woman has such an alluring tone of a voice. Allora then nodded, "Ms. Drakkara.. that is such an interesting name." She then gave a quick shriek as the storm that Drakkara has mentioned had said a hello with a mighty punch to the sky. This was also another strange incident, for when she came to this inn it was not as dark and stormy. In fact, it was light enough outside that she can tell that there were greenery for miles upon miles. How did it become so stormy in a matter of seconds? Maybe minutes? How long was she here? Was she about to have a panic attack? No. She needed to remain cool. "This inn.. Ms. Drakkara.. does time flow differently here than any other place?" She knew this was a question not asked by a lot of people, but Allora for some reason needed to know this answer.

As Drakkara said, "As for the wine, it is simply that, a wine. Nothing extraordinary, I'm afraid. Though, you will not find it anywhere else." A wave of disappointment hit Allora. Her small smile faded away, and out came a small frown to replace the smile. She took a another sip of this deep purple liquid, and just look at the glass. "What a shame.. this taste would sell beautifully well in home..." She hesitated for only a second but saved herself, "For my home town.." What was Allora thinking? She could not expose the fact that she came from another world just to satisfy her vision. She then took another sip, and place the glass down noticing that she only has half of the liquid left. She wanted to save it. "If I finish this glass...would you give me another?" She then asked curiously. She then shrugged and rhetorically said under her breath so only she can hear, "If the inn price is only five silver coins then she must get her money from charging on the drinks..and..food.."

"Ms. Drakkara.. are you the only one running this inn? Where is your family?" She asked with sincere curiosity. She then stretched out her arms over her head, "You must get pretty lonely..when business is slow like this am I correct?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: Andromeda 

"Boy, this rain is a bother," the elfin street performer muttered, with no one to hear her out in the storm except for the black and grey steed serving as her means of transport. Though, besides herself, it wasn't transporting much else. Andromeda merely had a small knapsack slung over her shoulders, and a visible sheath that stored six throwing knives wrapped around her leg. She leaned down, stroking its mane. "Come on sweetie, we have to keep on moving until we-"

A blinding flash of lighting, followed by a loud clap of thunder then cut her off, startling both horse and rider. Andromeda shielded her eyes from the pouring rain, blinking a few times to clear her vision. As she did so, the top of a nearby hill came into view, and of course, the structure that stood there.

The elf let out a gasp of pleasant surprise. "Is that... shelter? In the middle of nowhere? Let's check it out!"

She swiftly rode up the hill towards the strange inn, dismounting when she was in front of the entrance. Pushing the doors open, she poked her head in comically, her eyes widening in slight amusement at the jingle of the bell above her. She stepped into the cozy interior, looking for any signs of activity. She did find what she sought, as she picked up voices from the left. Turning her gaze towards their source, she spotted, behind several wooden tables and chairs, a bar manned by an elderly woman, and two guests.

Her face broke into a grin as she enthusiastically waved to them. "Hello there, dear friends! This is open, is it not? I apologize, but whom may I ask some assistance from to get my horse under some shelter? He's unfortunately still out in the rain."
    Last edited by NightlightNinja; 12-30-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    Credits to PrinceOfRedroses at https://www.rinmarugames.com/ for avatar and signature.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast