Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~The INN~

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She had been just about to answer when another guest walked in the door. She smiles at Allora, "I will be back in a moment." She then comes out from behind the bar, to meet this newest costumer. "Why yes, we are indeed. How could I close, with such a horrid storm?" She asks with a chuckle. "Let me attend to my customers for a moment, then I will be right out to put your poor horse in a stable!" She said rather cheerfully.

She went behind the bar and through a door. To the kitchens. There was a sound of pots banging around, then a few moments later, she comes back with Gruuk's requested porridge and Ale. She sets it in front of him with a smile. "You are right, a story is much better with ale!"

She then turns to the Elfin girl. "Now then, about that horse!" She leads the way outside, in the rain.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Andromeda hadn't expected the elderly woman to be the only one meeting the needs of every guest. Did she not have any help this night? The elf watched, intrigued as she prepared a meal for one of the seated guests before attending to her own request.

She followed the elderly woman out into the rain as she led her horse down a path on the right to a stable that was seemingly of an old age, yet well-maintained. After the dark stallion was settled in, she stroked its mane once again.

"I'll be back tomorrow, alright? Goodnight sweetie!"

She then turned to the kind old woman, meaning to start a little conversation.

"Thank you so much, Ma'am!" She chirped with a grateful smile, before her expression turned into one of childlike curiosity. "Are you working alone tonight? How inconvenient."
    Credits to PrinceOfRedroses at https://www.rinmarugames.com/ for avatar and signature.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She leads the way to the stable. She leads the horse into a stall, and places a blanket over his back. Then, reaching into a pocket in her dress, she pulls out a sugar cube and feeds it to the horse. As it eats the treat, she pets it's mane. Then, closes the door and walks back to the INN with the girl following.

"You are quite welcome." She answers with a smile. "I am, indeed, the only one working here. But, I do not mind at all."

She holds the door open, then enters herself. She returns her attention to Allora. "No, time does not run any differently here than anywhere else, my dear. As for the wine, of course, you may have another glass."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I see that you like it here then," Andromeda said in reply. "That's wonderful."

She returned to the inn with the keeper, carrying her belongings and thanking her when she held the door open. Walking to the bar with the elderly woman, who had begun addressing another guest, Andromeda took a seat near the other customers.

"Those look good," she commented, looking at their food and drink.

She took off her knapsack and the sheath of knives around her leg and placed them on the empty seat beside her, so that she could sit more comfortably and enjoy the warmth of the space.
    Credits to PrinceOfRedroses at https://www.rinmarugames.com/ for avatar and signature.

June Member of the Month

I only have "favorites"
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A woman entered.

She was around medium height, with a somewhat light step, but beyond that, it was impossible to tell anything about her, as a long and wet navy blue cloak covered both her head and fell down the entire length of her back. As she entered, her somewhat hidden eyes were drawn immediately to the fire. Her feet followed, and calloused, slightly tanned hands emerged from the garment and began rubbing themselves together. Finally, the blue cloak came off, and the form it had concealed was revealed.

Her light blue eyes shifted from the fire to the main room. As she began walking towards the bar, the hem of her somewhat short navy blue dress danced about her knees. Her hair, a light blond in color, was done in a simple braid, although there were a few damp strands that had escaped: these now clung to her face.

She took a seat at the bar, around which the others were gathering. While waiting for the bartender to finish attending to another customer, she made a comment to the elf sitting next to her, "Quite a damp night" she said, brushing a strand of wet hair out of her face.
    If the gold does not stay in this world,
    then I will chase it till I find my home

Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gruuk rubbed his hands happily as mistress goldeneyes swiftly dropped off his plates and ran off to help an elf stable her horse.
    "Ohoho, sweet potato porridge! It has been many years since I've experienced this dish," Gruuk said and tipped his hat to the ever receding hostess. Sweet potato porridge had always been a staple in Gruuk's cave-hold, but ever since his mother died, he hadn't found a single dwarf who could prepare it well. And so, it was with a mixture of hope and hesitation that Gruuk brought a spoonful of stew to his lips and slurped. Gruuk sloshed it around in his mouth, paused, then his eyes went wide.

"This is incredible," Gruuk whispered. The sweet potatoes were not just puréed, but also chunky and minced. He could taste several varieties of gourmet spices, as well as the smallest sprazzle of lemon zest. Who was this hostess truly? This kind of cuisine was reserved for castles!

" Those look good!" A voice chimed in, waking Gruuk up from his catatonic daze. He turned to see the young elf from earlier. She was a little wet, but nonetheless, welcome company. Gruuk gestured to a chair, inviting her to take a seat.

"The food looks good but tastes even better young mistress elf," Gruuk said taking another greedy spoonful. Then he remembered his manners and gave the elf a curt bow.

"Gruuk the dwarf from the Southern Glitter caves at your service! And you are?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I'll say, though 'damp' might be an understatement," Andromeda said in reply to the blonde woman who had just arrived. She then let out a little chuckle and leaned in closer, keeping a broad smile on. "Thank goodness for this oddly yet conveniently placed establishment for us to take refuge under from the pouring rain."

She playfully spun around in her seat, turning to the dwarf who had picked up her earlier comment. "It is a pleasure, Gruuk the dwarf! My name is Andromeda, though you may call me Andie. I'm known by many as the Deadly Dancer, and I'm not exactly from anywhere, for I am a traveler."

June Member of the Month

I only have "favorites"
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The woman sitting beside the elf, pivoted slightly in her seat to see the dwarf as well. "Everyone's from somewhere, dear. Even if they don't know where that place is. Even if they have never been there, or think they will never see it again."

A smile formed upon her lips, the smile sad, small, and sweet. She absentmindedly drew her finger on the counter, but what exactly she was drawing could not exactly be figured out by poor observation. However, it was certain that it involved a lot of vertical lines. And whatever it was she was drawing, that seemed to be where her mind was, for she her gaze was now on nothing in particular as she swiveled herself to a position facing the bar again.
    If the gold does not stay in this world,
    then I will chase it till I find my home

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

After having helped the Elf, Andromeda, stable her horse, Drakarra had made her way around, helping the various beings in her INN. She grins as Gruuk said he rather enjoyed the Porridge. "I'm glad you approve! Interesting story about that recipe. . ."

She had just been about to tell the story, but stopped when a new person came in. She watched the woman stand by the fire for a few moments, and then come into the main room with the others. "You are right about everyone being from somewhere. But, perhaps some do not remember." She mused aloud. "I met a man. . . who had no name. Can you imagine? Lived his whole life, never knew his own name!"

She grins and walks over to the spot the woman sat at. "Can I get you anything? Perhaps a warm drink?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Well, I suppose, if you put it that way..." Andromeda answered the blonde with a thoughtful look in her eyes, and then trailed off as the hostess spoke about a nameless man.

She let out a giggle. "That is rather intriguing, though the good thing about not having a given name is that you get to pick your own!"

Catching sight of the blonde running her finger over the counter in some sort of pattern with a sad smile on her face, Andromeda became curious as to what was on her mind. Perhaps it had something to do with her words on everybody coming from some place or other. She rested her chin on the counter, observing as the woman continued to draw an unknown image. The elf then glanced up at her.

"What about you, Ma'am? Do you know where you're from?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast