Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: [M] Angel of the Night (Holey & Angel) IC

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Harold didn't particularly mind the quiet as he walked along with the angel girl. True, there were some things he would like to know, but in this land of pointy ears that heard everything, only the minimum amount of communication could be spared until they reached their destination. There were, of course, things he had yet to decide or figure out about their plan, but he was the sort of man who would fill in the gaps as they went.

Though the spring world was far from safe, they had been fortunate enough not to encounter anything that tried to kill them, so far... perhaps because the fairies were too curious about why these otherworlders were taking a casual walk through their realm. It was one of the more peaceful of the fairy realms, however, as the environment was geared more towards creating life than destroying it.

After setting up camp in a peaceful glade in the evening, he made his way over to Fleur's side, stroking her soft, sensitive wings. "This is about as far as we'll make it today..." he said to her. "Let's wear your celestial body out so that we can get some rest." He took her hand gently and began tugging her in the direction of the tent, gazing at her as he did so. "You probably feel the mood of the spring realm already..." he whispered into her ear, noting how two bunny-eared girls in the woodline were giggling at them and blushing, still a bit shy to approach them.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The sun light breaking through the crack in the flap of the tent shined into Fleur's eyes and waking her up. She was tangled up in both in the bed roll and in Harold. It had taken Harold several rounds to wear out her celestial body out. The longer she spent with him she wondered how the human was able to keep up with her. She was so comfortable she didn't want to get up but she knew they were on borrowed time. The sooner they could get across the fairy realms and find the godslayer the better. She knew until Varvara was dead she wouldn't totally be free. She could try to hide as Leandre did but what kind of life was that? And could she bring Harold along with it? She had a feeling her would do anything for her but she couldn't ask him to live a life like that.

Slowly disentangling herself from him she managed to do it without waking him and exited the tent. When she stepped outside she realized how cool it was when the morning air hit her skin. She worked her angelic powers to call a dress to her, covering her. From the treeline she heard a pouting couple of sighs and looked over to see the bunny-eared girls. Both of them looked disappointed that she wasn't walking around nude anymore. “Oh run along you voyeurs.” Fleur said, watching them run off then walked to the remains of the fire pit. It hadn't gone completely out but was very low. She threw another couple of logs on the fire. Then called a bow and arrow to her and quietly looked around the clearing noticing a couple of rabbits hopping around. Notching an arrow she managed to hit one of the rabbits on the first shot. She thought it probably was a good thing the bunny-eared girls were gone she didn't know how they would react to her killing a rabbit.

A short while later and she had skinned the rabbit and set it about to cook. Roasted rabbit wasn't your usual breakfast but when in the wild you eat what you had. She worked on cleaning the rabbit pelt not sure what she planned on doing with it but she had always been taught not to waste anything. The food would be done soon and she would have to wake Harold up but for now she let him sleep. She knew he had to have been drained from last night on so many levels. The two bunny-eared girls had to have been treated to quite a array of sounds last night.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

After a long night of wearing out the angel's celestial body, Harold woke in the morning to see that the bunny girls were still there. He chuckled at the angel's comment, stroking her soft wings a bit and remarking, "I bet they wanted to join us." Trying to identify what sort of fairies they were, he stated, "I think they're Osterhasen," he said as he searched his mind for what he knew of Spring fairies. "An all female race of bunnies... they seem cute and innocent, but they're known to take a man back to their village and pass him around. Sometimes they accidentally sex him to death, though they're not a malicious race."

He frowned somewhat as he noted the bunny she was cooking. "I'd warn you not to hunt on fairy lands... but it seems I'm too late. Let's hope the Osterhasen didn't notice." He made his way over to the cooking fire and sat next to the angel, wrapping an arm around her and stroking her soft, feathery wings. He waited until it was finished cooking and began to eat it. "I didn't realize angels needed to eat," he remarked, having heard all sorts of rumors about how they weren't mortal and therefore didn't need mortal food... then again, it was hard to determine what was true and what was fiction, when it came to angels.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Technically we don't have to but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it.” Fleur said, turning the rabbit on fire. She really didn't know what she was doing and didn't want to admit this was the first time she was cooking. In Varvara's realm they often had the most amazing feasts but Fleur never saw them being prepared. To be honest she didn't know if there were cooks or if Varvara used her powers to create the food. “I like trying the different mortal foods. I'm especially fond of..... Oh I can't think of the word. Food that burns your mouth but not because of the temperature. I find the conflict between the good taste and the burn fascinating.”

Fleur reached down again and this time pulled the rabbit from the fire. She thought it was done as if she left it on any longer she feared it would burn. Using a knife she cut it into quarters seeing that it indeed looked like it was cooked enough. She brought a piece to her lips and tasted the rabbit. The taste of it reminded a small flightless bird she had tried at one of Varvara's feasts. It tasted a little bland however, “Not bad, I think it could use some spices though.” She said, pausing for a moment. “Oh that's it! I like spicy food!”

We Are Warriors

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Observing the angel as she roasted the rabbit over the fire, it was clear to the knight that she wasn't used to cooking, though he didn't point this out as he figured he'd let the girl do her best... it was, after all, meant for him rather than for her, so he decided to show some degree of appreciation. Chuckling as she made an attempt at describing spicy food, he remarked, "It'll come to you" as he allowed her to finish roasting the animal until it seemed to be done enough.

"It does, does it?" He always felt there was a difference in flavor between rabbit and chicken, though to one who didn't eat as much as he did, he supposed they might taste similar enough. Nodding at her words, he said, "Agreed... spicy food is better. Perhaps we can pick up some spices at some point, if you're planning on cooking more often. I believe the spice you're looking for is called cayenne pepper." Bland though the meat may have been without spices, Harold had eaten worse, and so he resolved to eat as much as he could in order to keep his energy up for the fights to come.

Once he had finished his meal, the knight stood up, offering his hand to the young angel. "We should get moving..." he said. "I've heard that time passes differently in the fairy realm, but that doesn't mean we should delay our trip any longer than we have to."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She ate sparingly letting Harold take what he needed. It was more so he didn't have to eat alone, her teachers used to tell her that mortals felt awkward eating alone while someone watched them. She hadn't much experience with mortals aside from her time with Harold. They weren't quite like she had been taught. Harold was so much more complex than that, so much more interesting. He wasn't the dullard they made mortals out to be. Most angels tended to have a better than you attitude when it came to mortals. Fleur was learning they weren't all that different. After breakfast they packed up and started of the road again. The walk would be a long one and while Fleur wouldn't tire, time was of the essence and like he said it move differently here.

Fleur kept her frustrations to herself walking in silence until she noticed a herd of unicorns grazing off the side of the road. She held her hand up to Harold to stop and began walking over to the unicorns. She moved very slowly and sent her spear away. Unicorns could be very dangerous but they were intelligent beings and could be reasoned with. As she approached she held her hands out in a peaceful manor, “Well met, I come as a friend.” Fleur said, in the language of the unicorns to one that was standing toward the front of the herd.

“Well met, as for a friend that has yet to be seen.” The unicorn said, though the words were not spoken aloud, instead they sounded in Fleur's mind. The voice wasn't her own it was a male voice and sound melodic. Almost like the words were being sung. Fleur wasn't sure if the unicorn was letting Harold hear him or if he would be able to understand. Unicorns had the power to project their voice into the minds of others in the language of the unicorns or their language. It was their choice to let who they wanted to hear it. “An angel in the fairylands is unusual, especially one bound to Varvara. Tell me what one who serves the night is doing in these lands?”

“I am bound to the Mistress of the night but I do not serve her.” Fleur said, unicorns weren't bound to any of the gods and most ignored them or tried to control their powers. The relationship between the gods and unicorns wasn't a good one. Varvara especially as she tended to use anyone who crossed her path.

“Ha, a fallen angel. Quite unusual.” The unicorn said, with a chuckle. “Tell me demon why do you walk in the fairylands?”

“I am not a demon.” Fleur said, not liking the term though it was somewhat accurate.

“Is that not what you are? Angel cast out of grace?” The unicorn said.

“Perhaps but I prefer to be called Fleur.” She replied, then gestured to Harold, “My companion is Harold.”

“And I Aeolus. Now that pleasantries are done you have still not answered my question.” The unicorn said.

“We are traveling to the Imperial City and do not have the time to traverse it on the mortal plain. Nor do we wish to be seen in the mid-grounds. I fear I can not share our reasoning though I assure you they are just. I wish to ask for your people's assistance in speeding up our journey. Would you lend us the aid of helping us to the portal?” Fleur asked, ending in a low respectful bow.

We Are Warriors

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Harold stood near the angel as she decided to speak to a herd of unicorns. Though he had heard much about unicorns, the knight had never met one personally, as they tended to be quite wary humans... particularly male humans. The light elves, he recalled, got along quite well with their kind, even going so far as to form partnerships... a unicorn cavalry force, so to speak, though the requirements to be a unicorn rider were quite strict.

He was somewhat surprised that one of the unicorns decided to speak to Fleur, though could only make out about one word in three... and only the words spoken by Fleur herself. The fairy dialect of the unicorns had some similarities to the elven languages that he was proficient with, but not enough for him to understand. He sensed that the unicorn was communicating with the angel using a form of telepathy, though he himself wasn't privy to the words.

He winced as the elf asked a question to the unicorn. "Didn't the dragon lady tell us not to make a deal with a fairy, and not to trade with one? Be very careful what you say to these things... they may not be true fairies, but an intelligent fairy beast is close enough, as far as I'm concerned..."

"You are right to be wary, mortal Knight," the unicorn's thoughts could now be heard by Harold as well... making it clear that the creature could understand the language of humans as well as whatever language Fleur was speaking. "However, it would be to our benefit for both of you to leave this realm as quickly as possible. I can show you to the portal, but neither of you may use my back, as you are Impure."

It was no secret that only virgin maidens of pure heart were permitted to ride unicorns, so this didn't surprise Harold, who merely nodded as the unicorn turned and ran off in the direction of the portal. Even following in the magical creature's footsteps, however, it seemed to him that he was covering more distance with each step... a tribute to the inherent magic of a creature that could cover great distances swiftly and even teleport.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Running with the unicorn reminded Fleur a bit of flying, the feel of the wind flowing through her hair was magical. She wondered if Harold had ever felt anything like this before. Flying is when Fleur felt the most free and the most at home. Both of her natures were drawn to the sky so it was no surprise. She had enjoyed flying most at night being bound to Varvara and though she hadn't flown night recently she thought it would be different. The unicorn came to a stop in a clearing and Fleur had been so lost in the run she almost didn't notice. She was inches away from bumping into the Unicorn but somehow managed to stop just in time. The unicorn was granting them a favor even if it did say it was to get them out of his homelands, it wouldn't do to insult it by crashing into it.

Fleur composed herself and bowed to the unicorn. “Thank you for your assistance. We will now leave your lands.” Fernanda had opened the portal through a painting which was nothing like the swirl of blue and green that was before them. Fleur traced her fingers around the edge of the portal thinking of where she wanted to travel. Portals usually could travel to multiple places and you had to focus on which one otherwise the portal would throw you wherever it wanted. She thought of the Arcane University then took Harold's hand before stepping through the portal.

They exited into a room full of books, there were no windows and the room was lite by small magical orbs floating around the room. With all the tombs they had here it was no wonder that there were no open flames. Across from them stood an old man that normally would look frail from age but stood tall with power behind him, in his hand there was a long staff that was more than just wood. Fleur found herself breathing deeply as she could feel her draconian nature flowing to the surface. Her wings were extended and although she couldn't see them she knew her eyes were red. The portal must have a spell on it to show anyone who walked through it's true nature. Fleur didn't tap into her dragon side often and the feeling was strange like she couldn't control it. She tried to will it back down but it wouldn't go. She locked eyes with the old man realizing he was holding the reveal spell on her.

We Are Warriors

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415