Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Argos The infected - OC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Argos The infected - OC

(This is a recreation of another rp I've done in the past that did real well for awhile before going quiet. I still like it so I thought I'd try it again )

Set in the near future in the Small city of Litchfield. 15 years ago there was an incident in City of Litchfield at the Argos pharmaceutical research facility. The official story was that this was a terrorist attack that lead to damage all over the city. However that isn't true. The incident was covered up by Argos and the U.S military.

Argos is an research group that was experimenting with genetic material and was trying to enhance human ability but it went horribly wrong when one of their head researchers became obsessed with the project. She developed what is now known as the Opis virus.

Opis is extremely unpredictable everyone reacts to it differently and she didn't handle it so well. She infected herself with it as well as the seven others working on the project and she completely lost her mind. She was what caused the accident. She became an uncontrollable monster that spread the virus to everyone in the facility. Argos destroyed the facility to prevent the infection from getting out of hand killing almost everyone inside. Despite their efforts though the virus still got out. Argos has spent the last fifteen years trying to get rid of it and they have had several difficulties along the way. Including trying to catch the rest of the original research team who went missing not long after the Virus spread throughout the city.

Now, 15 years after the outbreak, the Virus has been mainly contain in the city of Litchfield though there has been lesser outbreaks in other parts of the world. This rp focuses on a team of Argos agents. Their goal is to contain Opis as much as possible. The team is lead by the Agent Bess, an ex-military guy who has worked with Argos sense before the outbreak.
    As for the rest of the team, it is a mix of military types and infected, this team was specifically designed to handle what other can not.

The Opis Virus and the Infected:
    The virus was created by an scientist working for the Argos group called Doctor Sarah Donovan She was working on a project known as Human Enhancement project or OPIS. When a person is infected by Opis it mutants their DNA and changes them. The virus is spread through carriers, like Doctor Donovan or through being directly injected by it. Carriers are monsters they become completely consumed by the virus and seek only to spread it, similar to a zombie in a sense exempt less dead looking and more mutant-like.
    The infection has 5 stages that varies in each case. Sometimes stages are skipped or are longer but this is the typical progression pattern. One can get infected through spores or saliva or an infected, though typically an infected only becomes contagious in later forms of the infection.

Stage one: After infection there are very few signs besides for a slight cold and a rashes over the body.

Stage two: the scientist at Argos did succeed at one aspect of their research. The infection can display superhuman abilities, such as super strength, hearing, eye sight as well as some more obscure abilities. (be as creative as you want.)

Stage three: An infected might started to have hallucinations as the infection starts to attack their brain. They might start forgetting things or doing things without reason. This is the longest stage of the infection before the final stage. The infected slowly starts to lose their mind.

Stage four: mutation. The mutation can start earlier on in the infection but increases as an infected starts losing control over it's own thoughts. It's in later stages of the mutation that person starts to become contagious.

Stage five: The infection has fully taken over and nothing remains of the person who the infected once was. Even it's appearance no longer looks human.

Argos:
    Argos was a research group several years ago but over the years it has developed itself a mini-army to deal with the outbreak. Argos is lead by a woman known as Cameron. Her father started Argos and after his death not long after the outbreak she took over. Argos is a huge organization that has it hands in almost every aspect of everyday life. It's name being associated with military arms all the way to can foods. Argos has been dealing with the situation of the Opis outbreak in secret, the public has been kept in the dark for the last fifteen years. Argos headquarters is located in Litchfield and is the tallest building in the city, more than half the people in the city work for Argos in it's small stores and factories. Argos also has a secret compound outside the city, that is the base of the containment force.

Litchfield:
    Litchfield is a large city located somewhere in mid-west of the United States. It is where the Argos headquarters is located. It is a fairly casual city, no where near as big as New York City but it is still a thriving and with plenty of things to do. Litchfield is the place where the Opis outbreak started.

Who are you?
    You are a member of the infected containment force under Agent Bess
    If you want to be something else message me first. I am allowing two infected characters and would like an additional 2-3 uninfected members of the team.

Character sheet:
    Name: (Full name and nickname if desired)
    Infected status: (Yes, No)
    Ability: (if you are infected, replace with "Skill:" )
    Bio: (brief history plus personality, be sure to add your character's current status and what they know about the virus)
    Other: ( you can put anything here that you want to add.)
    Appearance: (Realistic image or description)
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-03-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My character sheet for Bess

Spoiler: Agent Bess 
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-04-2017 at 04:14 AM.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

What a beautiful creation you have here! And I have some Roleplay Resources for you! To help you get some players all up in here!
    The staff advertise roleplays every week! It's called Roleplay of the Week. AND YOU NEED TO SUBMIT THIS BECAUSE WE NEED YOU TO BECAUSE WE WANT TO ADVERTISE YOUR ROLEPLAY. There are
    guidlines, but it's pretty easy to follow and you can always ask me for help . Then you can advertise it here and it has a chance of being chosen that week to be featured on the front page so other members can more easily see it!

There is an
    RPotW banner shop, where one of our artists on the site will make you one so you can turn in your submission! You just give them a picture and they make it for you! Easy right?

We also have our
    directory if you want to add it there so members looking for a new RP can easily find you!

Last but not least we have our staff sig! If you would like us to put your RP in our signature, just post
    here! So that I can wear your roleplay around in my signature like a boss!

​Beautiful Nightmare

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ah! The Deja Vu... I always thought this idea had so much potential. It is a shame it went quiet, I rather enjoyed doing it, especially for my first ever proper RP on the site. Such good memories :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know I kept wanting to bring it back. I just changed a little bit about it and scrapped my old character. It was my first to on this site too. It last for a year the first time around. The second time it barely made it past the indro. Mostly due to me I think.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Perhaps it will be third time lucky?

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I may try to throw something together for this.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please do Happy to have you.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Would there be a place for my old character? Or a newer character based off my old character? I did really enjoy writing electricity based fight scenes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you think you could pm your old character sheet just to check over. I'm sure we could use bits of the old one and you shouldn't have to scrap the whole thing.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-05-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast