Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chronic illness (mental and physical)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Depression makes so little sense. It can be triggered or just have a bad episode. I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Honestly it seems like more and more people are dealing with it these days.

I wish that there was something I could say or suggest to help, but I hope that at least venting your concerns here have helped a little. One thing I always tell myself when I'm in the deepest despair is that it WILL pass. I may feel like I'm downing in the air I breathe, but I'm not. And it will pass. And I will be okay just like I always am. ("Okay" not meaning cured, but more like, the worst despair passes and I can distract myself with other things again and have not hurt myself or had to go to the ER.)

Do your best. That's all you can do. And it's enough!
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Romantic Drama
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Being able to talk about it with others who go through similar daily struggles is making it easier. I had a better day today at least. Obviously I spent most of it in bed because I was drowning in worry and exhausted from my forced socialization yesterday. But I went out and saw my horse today and he knew something was off. He has a way of making me feel better and today it was playing with my hair and stealing my keys from my pocket by my lanyard. I smiled for the first time in a week and he could tell I left happier. He won't let me leave the pasture if he senses I'm not okay. So it got a bit better. I'm hoping the better days keep coming but with the anniversary of my dads passing coming up in 6 days and fathers day 4 days after I can feel a storm brewing.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

does step throat and uvulitis count?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Romantic Drama
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I managed to escape the week of father's day with only one breakdown. That was awesome. (Not really.)

Lately it's been hard getting out of bed again. I mean it's hard every day but this is ridiculous. I barely move and this earth shattering weight hits me like a truck. I feel so heavy and don't want to move. Maybe it's my anxiety. I'm moving in the next couple of weeks. It's triggering some traumatic stuff.

I hate moving(having done so much of it in the past three years). I feel a level of anxiety hitting me because I'm nervous and uncomfortable in new places. Not to mention I've just gotten over a 24 hour bout of food poisoning. That makes me nervous about eating.

Between the stress of getting packed and moved on time plus getting a job AND I have to adjust to new surroundings. It's just too much. It might be the trigger of my depression kicking in and making me want to hide in bed all day but I'm not 100% sure about that yet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Oh man, you certainly have a lot on your plate. :/

You can do it though! New things can be great once you get through the initial shock of it.

Romantic Drama
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I sat down to listen to some old favorite songs yesterday and ended up crying for like an hour. Didn't know I needed a good cry but I feel better today. Just relaxing and working on my writing and videos helps me feel a lot better after the stress of moving.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPrincess View Post
    I sat down to listen to some old favorite songs yesterday and ended up crying for like an hour. Didn't know I needed a good cry but I feel better today. Just relaxing and working on my writing and videos helps me feel a lot better after the stress of moving.
    I'm so glad you made it through your rough patch! I mean, I know these things are an ongoing battle, but it's nice to feel some relief after a bit, isn't it?

Romantic Drama
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's very nice. The calm always helps settle me into a new routine and I feel like I accomplished stuff. There will probably be more bad days to come, sooner than later if I know how my life likes to throw stuff at me, but I can at least take a breath and feel peace for one moment.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Music always helps me. That and having some friends that truly understand and know how to talk to me when I'm feeling that way and deal with it. It's taken me awhile but I've found a few and it's truly amazing. Friends like that are gold.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345