Thread: [M/IC] Cursed Moon: Another Day in Paradise

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Default [M/IC] Cursed Moon: Another Day in Paradise

OOC
    ---------------------

Music rang through the old firehouse, the voices of men and women rumbled through the air the drunker they became, and the sounds of pool balls clicking together over the music.

For Ember, the night had been pretty average, if not a little busier than usual. Dark brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail, and a bit of sweat glistened off her body as she set up glasses and poured ice into them. The drinks that people wanted at Paradise were never that difficult. Jack and Coke, Vodka and Sprite, and the random 'Sex on the Beach'.

A smile graced her face as she heard another order come her way.

"Jim and Coke, Embs!" An eye roll followed the soft smile.

"Wait your turn, Jimbo. You know how this goes."

"Come on doll face..."

"If you call me that again, I will send your drink flying at your head."

"Okay, okay."

A chuckle passed her lips as she set up another cup., handing out the two drinks she just made and taking the money. He seemed to be waiting for change and she raised her eyebrow waving him off and began working on the Jim and Coke.

It was as she was pushing the button for the coke that a rather burly man pulled up a stool, his dirty blonde hair hung just past his ears, and most would find him quite the catch. He was a bit too pretty for her liking. He said nothing, though, and she finished the drink, handing it to Jimbo grabbing up the money and putting it into the register.

"Are you going to order something, or continue to stare at my ass, I charge for both." Her blue eyes met his, an annoyed smirk on her face as she moved back in front of where he sat at the front of the bar. Leaning over, she looked into his dark blue eyes. "For real, what can I get for you."

"Vodka Tonic, and for you to lean down just a little bit lower." Embers eyes sparked with irritation. She was no stranger to being hit on in the bar, and most the time she didn't mind it. Sometimes she even reveled in it, but she did not know this man, and he obviously didn't know too much about her, judging by his order.

Standing up fully, she gripped onto the bar a little bit too hard as she spoke, a bit of edge in her velvet tone. "Watch your mouth." She commented on him blatantly telling her he wanted to look down her shirt. "Vodka is the devil's drink. I would know. I died once in Reno, heart completely stopped beating, and there the devil was sipping on Absolut. How bout I get you a shot of rum."

Ember reached for the rum, only to feel a hand on her arm, causing her whole body to stiffen. If you paid close enough attention you might have even seen her flinch a little.

"I said, give me my goddamn Vodka." His hand clutched at her arm, and the few others that were at the bar seemed to go completely silent as they watched for Ember's reaction.

Deep breathes in and out could be heard. There had been a few fights in Paradise that involved her since becoming a bartender here, and she had promised Jo she would try and do better. "Get your fucking hand off me before you pull back a nub," Ember said through gritted teeth.

"Are you kidding me? Do you not know who I am? I ordered a Vodka Tonic, now be a good bitch and fetch it."

That was all Ember could take, it felt like her whole body was on fire, and where it burned the most was where his hand still squeezed at her arm. "Of course." Reaching down onto the very bottom shelf where the Vodka was kept, she grabbed the bottle, only then feeling him loosen his grip. When she felt the large hand release her a smile unlike one the patrons had seen all night long crossed her face. "Why don't I just give you the whole bottle?!"

Before she even finished, the bottle was swung directly at the unsuspecting man, hitting him in the temple. What she hadn't expected was for the bottle to actually shatter - covering him, the bar, and the floor in Smirnoff.

Ember's heart pounded against her chest as the smile only seemed to grow, that was until the strong scent of the liquor wafted up to fill her nostrils.

No. No no no. Her mind was no longer in paradise as the all too familiar scent started to overwhelm the area. Flashes of memories crossing her mind's eye.

Broken glass on the floor, the scent that seemed to be emanating from his pores fell down on her from where she lay on the floor holding her nose. Blood...

A growl escaped her, as her body began to act of its own will. Hopping straight over the bar, she pounced on the already staggering man, both of them crashing to the floor together. the sound of crunching glass underneath of them. Her vision was going black - or was it red - as she looked down on him, but was it him she was really seeing?

One of her fist, fueled by adrenaline, came crashing down on the side of his head where the bottle had struck moments before. She was straddling him, and she could tell the only reason she had even got that first hit in was the shock that she had elicited. No one dared step in as she raised her fist again, surprised that she got another hit in across his nose.

"Never, fucking touch me again. NEVER. Do you fucking hearing me?" Her fists were flying now, and tears were streaming down her face as she raised them over and over again, but she didn't even know if they were hitting anymore - too lost in her mind to know or care.
    Last edited by .Karma.; 02-09-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes