Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe: Empire City IC

3Spooky5U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

PT walked around the canyon, kicking dust around her feet. She sighed. Where was everyone? The sky was a pretty color though, and she quickly became distracted.

"Hey!"

PT squeaked, jumping away. A big monster was behind her, it was going to eat her andsheneededtorun.

PT blinked.

She looked at the new gem. The gem was unfamiliar to PT, she was of average height, her rainbow hair hanging down her shoulders. A huge smile filled her face. It was unique.

Looking up at the gem, she slowly shook her hand, hoping it hid her trembles. Butterflies flew in her stomach. She gulped. "H-hello, I'm Pink Tourmaline..." she trailed off, glancing at the canyon around her. "Am I in the right place?"
    Last edited by Griff; 02-11-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“All this talk about books!” Came a sharp shout from behind them. Suddenly Alvin appeared, suavely appearing before the group from behind the seat in front of Pamela. “You should be focusing on the lovely ladies we’ll see out in the sun, desert waves bring desert babes.” He gave a sly grin to the blue haired teen. “Though that doesn’t exclude y-” But a paper ball struck him in the forehead before he could finish.

“”Don’t be a creeper.” Maddie exclaimed.

‘Yeah, no creeping.” Marco added, his usual calm gaining a sternness to it as he gently made another paper ball to hand to Maddie.

“Guy’s!” Jake shouted over the both of them. “You can’t throw things in the bus!” He snatched the paper from Maddie’s hand and threw it out the window.

“Jake is correct children.” Ms Bonnett added. “We’re almost at the dig site, I want you all to behave yourselves as we unearth today’s mysteries.” She was trying to stay calm but she was beginning to get really giddy about this project! The kids were going to get a chance at uncovering some old rocks and maybe get a real love for geology AND history at the same time. “Now, you already have your groups, make sure to stay in your areas and don’t go off on your own.” She gave everyone a chance to immediately reconsider everything they were going to do on the trip before continuing. “Once the bus stops, go out and find your groups, we’ll dig for a few hours and break every few minutes for drinks. We’ll have lunch at 1:30 so don’t fill up on snacks and remember your water bottles.”

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Pamela rolled her eyes at Alvin. "Don't worry about him, he's harmless. He wouldn't know what to do with a girl even if he got one, which is unlikely." She ten turns to Alvin. "Boy, I am way out of your league" She says, confidently. As the bus stops, Pamela gets out with everyone else. She makes it a point to remember Maddie and Marco's face, hey were certainly interesting, and they'd make good friends, likely. She brought her own archaeologist's kit and her...other uniform, just n case. One could never know when it would be necessary. With her stuff gotten, she goes off with her group.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Between this dream, and the nightmare of reality.
    Fantasy, Magical School stuff, Parody (fan-made characters)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Citrine looked at the small green gem confusedly, "Y...Yes? You are a gem too, aren't you?" She tilted her head at Amazonite, confused that she seemed shocked by the fact that other gems existed. Suddenly the small gem leaped out of her arms and dashed to the strange, white rectangle that lay broken on the dusty ground. Tiger and Citrine shared a look before Citrine turned back to Amazonite, "Well...My name is Citrine, this is Tiger." Tiger waved when she was mentioned, "And you probably fell down when...The generator." She stopped and rubbed the bridge of her nose, "Right, the generator. Now I have two things to worry about, fixing this hunk of junk and watching you."

As Amazonite started asking about the kindergarten, Citrine nodded and looked around the canyon, her eyes growing distant as she spoke, "From what I understand, this place was some kind of experiment. We were born here, raised here, it's our home. Other than that, I'm not the one to ask. Jade is the only one here actually from Homeworld, she knows more about all this than I do, and I'm one of the oldest gems here." She smirked at Amazonite when she started acting sheepish, "Honestly, catching you was an accident but...You're welcome?" She shrugged.

"Now...What do we do..." Citrine closed her eyes and rubbed the bridge of her nose in thought for a few minutes as she attempted to piece together a plan. She never liked being in charge, not really. She was mostly designed for the heavy lifting, but Jade trusted her. She wouldn't let her down. When she opened her eyes, she looked back to Tiger, "Ok, you stay here, watch the generator. If it breaks again, hit it. Try to keep it running until Bismuth finally gets here. She's probably on the outskirts again looking through the scrap. I'm gonna take the intruder with me to get those parts from the eastern injectors." After Tiger gave a mock salute, she smirked and turned back to Amazonite, "You, Uh...Amazin'ite...Amazanite...Amy. Come with me. I guess I'll show you around a bit until we can figure out what to do with you, though honestly there's not much to see. Just stay with me until Jade comes back, since it was an accident I'm sure she'll just have you stay here or something and not shatter you. Probably." The last word she mumbled under her breath as she turned to leave.
    Last edited by ChronicSanity; 02-12-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Now, to unleash screaming temporal DOOM

(╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Still in a daze, the little green gem folded her arms. "Am-a-zon-ite. It's really not that hard," she retorted, then processed the information given to her. "Wait, all of you were born here, on Earth? I didn't even think there were any gems left at all, not after everyone around me packed up and sped away a few millennia ago." Amazonite followed Citrine hesitantly around the compound, trying to sort her questions into a somewhat coherent order.

"You said this... 'Jade' is the only person here from Homeworld?" She scratched her head. "Who is she? Your leader here?" She cursed her uncertainty, wanting to know more about this place and its inhabitants. How had there been an entire kindergarten right under her nose, and she hadn't known about it? Granted, she wasn't on great standing with the Homeworld gems when she left them, but she still would have liked to know about this. At least so she could've had some company of her own kind. Humans were great and all, but there's an inherent connection missing when you are thousands of years older.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

OC Parody/RPG/Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Hmm..." Azurite looked upon the large screen in front of her, the blip seeming to disappear as soon as it appeared. "Perhaps a covert vessel from homeworld?" She pondered. Though she knew they weren't so foolish as to reveal themselves.

"I'm acting far too paranoid." She reassured herself, trying to keep her form stable as she held onto the table. It was probably nothing, this system wasn't exactly perfect, it wasn't like the tech she had at her main lab, though the chance of her returning there was almost zero. The strange quake that followed probably didn't help the system, although the earthquake in itself was extremely peculiar for this area. Still, she feared the idea of a ship coming to find her, she knew they wanted her to return, the clarity of her gem giving her some value in her mind. What would she say if they did come to retrieve her?

"Azurite. Good to see you are unaffected by the Diamond's counter rebellion attack. Though it was expected in that facility." A commanding voice boomed from the speakers, addressing the teal gem.
    "Indeed, no adverse effects to be noted at this time, it wasn't even heard." Azurite responded, tinkering in the corner, working while listening, she had to hurry, it was only a matter of time before they would want her to...

"You've been reassigned." The voice spoke up once more, causing Azurite to stiffen her body in a slight shock. Obviously there was a reason for the call other than to simply check up on her, how could she be so dense.
    "A nearby detachment will be picking you up, it should only be a few mo..." The voice continued, before being cut off by the blue eyed gem.
    "I was instructed to study this planet's organisms and resources to their fullest potential. I am still yet to complete the task, plus the menagerie could use far more..." Azurite attempted to bargain, but was quickly set straight.
    "The planet is being abandoned, there is no further use for it, the longer you remain the worse your situation will become." And with that last retort, the communication was cut off, a drawn out beep indicating it's ending.

Despite taking the comment as a threat, Azurite wasn't about to up and abandon all of her research, all for naught, but considering her situation... Perhaps it was best she change her course of study for a short time.

Azurite snapped herself out of the daydream. Despite all of this occurring thousands of years ago, she still took it as a serious threat. If only she knew what she was actually being told by that comment. Her wits had gotten her this far, but she knew far less about the situation then gems designed for tracking, she knew that, she was actually surprised at her own ability to perform functions beside her own design's. Regardless, she could never lower her guard. She almost wished some of those rebels were still around, they were ignorant and their reasons for wanting to protect the planet's life were foolish, sure, but at least they wanted to remain, common goals and all that, maybe they could... "Hm." Azurite slightly smiled in a chuckle, how foolish of her to think like that, the chance of one of them surviving was almost non-existent, regardless. The chance of any other gem being on the planet was low enough.
    Last edited by Random Fella; 02-15-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Addicted to the F5

Spoiler: Current Characters 

Between this dream, and the nightmare of reality.
    Fantasy, Magical School stuff, Parody (fan-made characters)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Citrine stayed quiet for a while as they walked, thinking about her response. "Leader...Yeah that's about right." She said finally, "Originally she was supposed to be a guard or something. Put here to watch us and make sure to keep out intruders, like yourself." She motioned toward Amazonite, rotating her hand in a dismissive gesture. "Not that anyone attempted getting in until now, so she really hasn't needed to 'guard' much." She said as she pulled herself up a rocky outcrop, looking down at Amazonite as she waited for her to catch up, "I trust her with my life and more, so yeah. Leader sounds about right."

As they continued walking, Citrine suddenly paused at one of the various holes that dotted the canyon walls. The hole was larger than the others, taller, but thinner than some. There were cracks all over, as if the one that came from it had forced themselves out and it was well-weathered, the rounded edges showing its age. Citrine stared up at it, smiling proudly, "This is my hole, here." She pointed, "This is where I was born. I was...A bit hard to handle back then." She looked down at Amazonite, "You're lucky I've learned to control myself." She winked before suddenly turning and continuing toward the east, "Not that me not crushing you immediately changes anything that's gonna happen later, of course. You seem alright, but Jade has the last word."

When they reached the injectors, Citrine immediately began digging through them. Most of them had already been stripped of useful parts, most of the parts were probably taken by Bismuth, she guessed. Still, anything was better than nothing in this situation, and there were still a few workable ones. As she dug through them, she made sure to keep Amazonite in the corner of her eye. "So...What's your story? I mean, I didn't think there were any gems outside the shield anymore..." She paused her search and turned to her, a serious expression on her face. Suddenly she scrambled toward her, placing her hands on Amazonite's shoulders and looking into her eyes, "Wait. You came from the outside, right?" Her serious expression remained on her face, but there was a sudden childlike sparkle was in her eyes. "What's it like out there? What are humans like? What is that long black line in the distance?" She berated her with questions excitedly, her curiosity finally getting the better of her.
    Last edited by ChronicSanity; 02-14-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Now, to unleash screaming temporal DOOM

(╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“I’m Bismuth!” Bismuth said as she rapidly shook PT’s small hand with both of hers, energetic grin never leaving her face. “So, you came from outside right!?” Her multicolored eyes looked over the gem rapidly as her mouth went back into motion. “I thought so, I mean, it’s obvious so that was a dumb question! How about you tell me how you got in and-” She stopped the instant she realized someone was coming. “Up, gotta go! Don’t tell Jade I was here or she’ll get….more stoic?” She pondered that line of thought briefly before disappearing into the earth.

Right in time for Jade to appear on the scene

“5-X-H” She noted as she closed the distance between them. She immediately lifted the being, hands on either side of her and arms outstretched, turning her ever so slightly as her gem began to scan the little gem before her. “Diagnosis complete, you have…. not suffered any dire effects from the Diamond’s pollution.” The hesitation was new to her, she had been sure that something would be wrong but her senses did not give false information. “PT, you are undamaged.”

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Amazonite looked at Citrine with fascination, then towards the deep, weathered hole on the cliff face. She regarded it with hesitant curiosity, noting the web of cracks that splintered around the edges as if someone shattered them. So much anger must've created those cracks, she observed, glancing back at the calm, collected yellow gem that stood next to her. She gulped. "I guess I should be thankful that you didn't do anything like that," she replied, feeling increasingly tense about this Jade gem.

Her stress was lifted somewhat, however, by Citrine's string of eager questions. "Hey, slow down a bit," Amazonite chuckled. She pondered each question a moment. "Yup. I'm from Homeworld, but I've been on Earth for a long time. And what's it like? Well there's lots of different places. Not just desert like it is here. Forests, mountains, some really cool stuff to paint. And humans..." She paused, finding the right words. "Humans are interesting. They come in all shapes and sizes, like gems. And different personalities, too. They're inventive, and weird, and some are super nice..." Amazonite often found herself trailing off with excitement whenever she spoke of humans. They were such unique and wonderful beings, even if some of them could be a bit... harsh, as she later learned.

She snapped back into focus. "I'm not really sure what you mean by long black line," she continued, "unless you mean the horizon? Where the sky meets the land?" The green gem scratched her head.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

She liked the strange gem. Bismuth was happy and energetic, kind of like PT but more, spontaneous, maybe. PT was about to answer her questions, but she disappeared as soon as she arrived. Jade appeared just as suddenly.

PT squeaked as she was picked up, her grin growing to twice its size. She wiggled her way out of Jade's grip and jumped on her, wrapping Jade in a hug around her neck, PT's feet dangling off the ground.

"I'm so glad to see you! I wandered out of the Kindegarten, even though you told me not to, and I ran, and I couldn't find you again!" She rambled, speaking fast and nervously enough that it was almost incoherent. "I'm sorry, I should've listened, but I was so curious and--"

She cut herself off, and started again, "Wait," she tilted her head to the side, "I don't think there was any pollution?"
    Last edited by Griff; 02-15-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast