Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe: Empire City IC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“We’re here class!” Ms Bonnet practically leapt off the bus with Marcie not far behind them as the duo sprinted out into the desert. “Wait!” The young woman shouted, the duo reacting like they had just met end of their short leash and coming to an abrupt halt. They slowly slinked back to an irritated Jake and an only slightly amused Bonnet.

“You two, am I gonna have to watch you the entire trip.” Jake scolded like an angry parent to which he received a rather pitiful smile as they nervously scratched the back of their heads.

“Aw, Jake, where we would we be without you!?” Maddie exclaimed with brazen attempt at a bear hug. A valiant effort, but still completely ineffective as Jake simply placed one hand on her head to keep her at bay.

The redhead scowled but, as he opened his mouth to speak, the sudden pull of hoody clothed arms around his middle had his eyes jolting down.

“Yeah man, you rock.” Marco laughed. “Sneak attack hug.” He smiled as his arms tightened

“Yeah, sneak attack!” Maddie cried as she launched herself. What followed was sand getting everywhere as the trio crashed into the desert sand.

“Children, please behave yourselves!” Ms. Bonnet's exasperation quickly yanked them all to their feet, a red faced Jake stumbling to his feet as Marcie popped up to their feet with a grin.

“Now, please” she was surely going to get a bruise with how hard she was pinching her nose right now. “You need to be good while on this trip, if not then you'll just have to stay on the bus.” She made as stern a face as she could, even adding a fist clench and a very hardy pout.

“Yes mam!” Marcie saluted. “We promise to be on our best behaviour. “Their declaration rang throughout the desert air, their straight and steady stance glowing in the sun.

“Thank you, I don’t want anyone to have to miss this, it’s too good a chance to pass up, now all of you get in your groups.” She motioned for the rest of the class to get off the bus, handing them their water bottles as she did so. “Everyone, stick to your buddies, we’re moving in groups of three.”

“MS. Bonnet!” Marcie continued in unified speech. “We’re together right!?”

“*sigh* of course, like I would go to the trouble of trying to separate you two for an entire day.”

“YES!” THey cheered before dashing off.

“Wait, you don’t have your assignment yet!” She called after them only to turn dejectedly to Jake. “Give this to them please and keep them out of trouble, they listen to you.” She handed him the paper and tried for a smile. “Surprisingly, they’re actually heading towards their spot so everything should be ay-okay!”

“Ugh, fine..” And with that, he was off.

“Now, the rest of you, let’s start digging.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“There was nothing?” Jade stood silent as she processed that information.

It was clear that the being, 5-X-H, Pink tourmaline, had not changed, nor did she see any corruption spreading through her. Even more so, the brief glimpses she got into the world when the shield would flicker in and out of existence showed that the atmosphere had gone unchanged since she first arrived on earth, save for the normal pollution of man which would not have affected inorganic material.

Still, those glimpses did show one thing, an ever growing malevolent presence, she could sense it grow stronger every time the generator sputtered and they were left exposed, it’s growing presence evidenced by each new tremor of seismic activity. The shield kept it at bay but that would soon be an ill form of defense if the force broke through to them between the next break down. She had decided a long time ago that they would eventually have to travel into the outside world but only when the most feasible form of defense was eliminated.

Which is what was happening now.

The shield was dying and with this new information, Jade could conceive of a different way to protect her charges. The outside, if PT was to be believed, was now a safe place to roam. They could hope to venture out into the world and build a new fortification with better material.

“Yes, that would be most prudent,” She spoke to herself in contemplation. Her thoughts were cut short though by the sudden shock of a gem entering the barrier walls. She quickly scooped PT under her arm like luggage. “We are now leaving to report what you know to the other occupants, hold on.” Her only warning before she accelerated down the earthy floor.
    Last edited by Kouki; 02-16-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Between this dream, and the nightmare of reality.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Magical School stuff, Parody (fan-made characters)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Citrine let go of Amazonite's shoulders as the smaller gem started answering her questions. She stared at her, but she wasn't actually focusing on her. Her eyes were a thousand miles away, imagining what these forests and mountains could possibly look like. She never imagined there was anything more in the world than these yellow dunes and brown stones. When Amazonite started talking about humans, her focus came back to Amazonite's face, noting her hesitation. Humans sounded less dangerous and violent than she imagined, but she was interested in someday meeting these 'inventive and nice' creatures of this planet. Citrine stood and went back to work on scavenging as Amazonite continued talking. Learning about all this was amazing, but Jade's orders superseded everything else.

Citrine and Amazonite talked for what felt like hours as Citrine worked. Amazonite told her of oceans of blue, fields of green, and the almost peaceful grey of human civilization. Citrine listened intently, keeping one eye on the small gem as she placed each useful part into an already hollowed out injector that was still half-buried in the earth. When she finished, she stood and dusted off her hands. "There. That should make things easier" She said as she walked back towards Amazonite. "You might want to back up a little for this part." She said.

Citrine raised her hand to her neck and, with one graceful flowing motion across the back, she drew her weapon out of her gem. As she lowered her arm, a string made of light extended from her middle finger into her gem. With a flick of her wrist, the rest of it zipped into her waiting hand. It was a simple looking yoyo, made of what appeared to be an orange gemstone, the string was the same orange color and ended in a loop around her middle finger. She then repeated the same motions with her other hand, drawing out a second weapon from her gem. On either side, she started whirling the two in a wide circle as she turned back to the half buried machine. Suddenly she brought her arms down, then pushed them upwards, launching the disks at the legs of the broken machine, wrapping the string around them easily. With that, she spun back around and began pulling.

As Citrine pulled on the broken machine-made-sled, small sparks began popping off her body. Tiny arcs of electricity climbed their way up the yoyo strings as she grunted in exertion. She made one step forward, then two, the legs of the machine groaning slightly at her tugs as the sled was pulling free of the earth that surrounded it. There was an abrupt CRASH! as the metal flew out of the rut it had made over the years and slid to a stop just behind Citrine. With a puff, she looked back at what she had done. "Finally. That was more difficult than I thought it'd be." She sighed, "At least now carrying it shouldn't be a problem." She tugged it forward a few steps to prove this, then she looked at Amazonite, "Need a ride?" She winked.

Now, to unleash screaming temporal DOOM

(╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Getting to her square, Pamela laid out her pack, organizing the contents and tools: A small rock pick, several size brushes, a small hand bellows, a trowel, leather work gloves, which she put on, jars for safely containing the specimens, a small box sieve and, of course, notebooks. All her tools laid out, she set to work.

Inch by inch, she cleared the dirt and sand away, bent over on her knees, channeling the waste dirt through her sieve and onto the waste dirt pile, making sure not even the smallest artifact was missed. It was hard work, labor intensive and slow, but she enjoyed it, it took her concentration. she reached hard dirt several times so she had to use the pick, but she disliked it because it could damage specimens. but better to make little taps and break it up than to force it with her trowel, which would definitely damage artifacts. She would, of course, record and pack away any and all specimens she found.

Spoiler: Things I like 

OC Parody/RPG/Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Azurite braced herself as the earth shook once more, the blip indicating for another short moment. "Perhaps some peculiar tectonic shift?" Azurite questioned in her mind, before securing her specimen that was on the operating table, and heading back toward the computer. Bringing up an active map of the earth's seismic movements, however, revealed something that baffled her. There was no explanation for these quakes, it was as if an external force was simply rattling the surface, but there was no way any creatures on this planet would have the potential to cause this kind of activity. Sure, she hadn't observed human activity for a hundred years or so, but she doubted their technology could have advanced at such a rate.

Regardless. This was something she had to observe. Who knows what kind of damage whatever this was could cause. She only hoped this wasn't one of those crazed ex-gems. She had observed their presence in other areas, but she was never designed to deal with such situation, and the chance of her receiving a couple of quartz to assist her in such a matter was almost nill at this time. Sure, it was perhaps possible for her to combat such a creature, but she would not stoop so low as to fight like some sort of ruby.

Continuing to ponder on the possibilities, and their chances of reality, Azurite exited her underground laboratory, sealing it shut as per usual. Flicking open a small computer like pad, she ventured toward the origin of the disturbance. It was times like this that she really wished she had some homeworld tech... The items she designed were definitely crude in comparison. Looking toward her hands, a displeased expression on her face. Azurite began to ponder on how useful limb enhancers for her hands would be, it would cut down the unnecessary movement from computer, to operating table, to documenting board, so greatly. Snapping back to the task at hand, Azurite continued to follow the blip on her screen.
    Last edited by Random Fella; 02-19-2017 at 03:00 AM.

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default co-post with ChronicSanity

Amazonite coughed awkwardly and smiled. Hoisting herself up the makeshift sled, she raised an eyebrow, still a little taken aback by the gem's strength. She could easily shatter her in a single move... she was glad that these gems seemed to be friendlier than most Homeworld ones.

"Hey," she began once she had situated herself, "your weapon looks kinda familiar. There's a toy that the humans use, it looks just like that." The gem stifled a giggle. "I suppose they can't channel electricity through them, though," she added.

"Really?" Citrine looked back at Amazonite as she started pulling the sled forward, "From what I understand on homeworld my weapon is used as a tool. Its designed to allow Citrines to grapple enemies and help us do things like this. Humans use this as a toy?" Citrine paused, attempting to imagine how her grapplers could be used for recreation, "Humans must be pretty awesome." She said dreamily as she turned back to continue towing.

After staying quiet for a time, Citrine snapped back to reality slightly embarrassed, "So!" She exclaimed, "Why's a Homeworld gem like you still doing on a dirt ball like this?" Citrine turned back to Amazonite, a gleam of curiosity in her eye.

Amazonite scratched her head. "It's been so long since I arrived here, honestly.... I'm an artist, you see. I came along when most of the other Homeworld gems arrived. It was my job to... well, decorate, I suppose. Did some architectural stuff, too." The gem trailed off and looked into the distance, as if trying to recall something. "That was all so long ago, though. I wasn't exactly on great terms with Homeworld when most of them left. Actually, I kinda figured I was the only one left here." She paused. "It's kind of refreshing, seeing more of my own kind."

Citrine chuckled slightly, "Well you're in good company, we aren't exactly liked in homeworld ourselves." She smirked, "Jade sent Olvine packing back to the stars." Citrine pointed upwards. "Let's just say she wasn't happy about that. And she also had the ear of the diamonds, so we're kind of out of the loop when it comes to Homeworld things."

"Well, you'll get no new info from me," the green gem replied. She fell silent, thinking. "I'd like to meet this Jade person. If they're who you say they are, then I should have a lot to talk about." She grinned, imagining all the sorts of things that this other Homeworld gem could tell her. Maybe they knew about where the other gems were all this time? Her mind raced with possibilities.

"Well good news then, she probably already knows you're here. She's got some kind of crazy vision." Citrine laughed. "Anyways you'll meet her soon enough, she's gonna meet us at the generator to discuss what comes next. Both with you and with the shield going out."

She carefully towed the machine up a rocky craig, they were getting close to the generator now, just a few more turns. Citrine was impressed with the bravery of the small green gem. Willingly following along even after Citrine told her she might be shattered, talking so calmly with the gem that wouldn't think twice about doing it, wanting to meet the person that might end up ordering it. Homeworld gems were made of tougher stuff than Citrine gave them credit for. She always believed that they were all like Olivine, running off at the first sign of threat. This Amazonite was something else, and Citrine appreciated that.

Amazonite smiled, excited. It had been ages (quite literally) since anything new had happened in her life. She could hardly believe there were so many gems here, right under her nose! She did wonder why they even needed to hide... but that would all be cleared up by this Jade, she supposed.

Drifting from her thoughts, she observed the yellow gem below her. A quartz, she presumed, given her strength. Pulling this huge machine through the canyon, and it didn't seem to exhaust her one bit. Amazonite secretly had always admired the warrior gems. Though they were never quite as cultured or sophisticated as most of the gems she spoke with, she felt they were more... down-to-earth. Like they could contribute something that she never could. The green gem shook herself, realizing she was staring, and looked up absentmindedly at the pale blue sky. "So..." Amazonite began, attempting to break the silence. "What's life here like? In a little canyon like this?"

Citrine shrugged her shoulders, "Mostly boring, lots of training. Jade tries to keep us busy, well...Keep me busy mostly." Citrine gazed into the sky as well with a small smile on her face, "When we're not training, me and Tiger keep ourselves preoccupied playing or going to the highest point we can under the dome and look as far as we can." She sighed, "Up there, I can believe that the world is bigger than just the desert" She continued walking, her head raised to the sky but her footsteps sure and steady. She knew every crack and rock in the canyon, the effect of 2000 years stuck in the same area. She could walk blindfolded here without stumbling.

"I don't think I could make it, cooped up in here with just this one environment," Amazonite replied, shrugging. "It would get pretty boring to paint the same colors forever, pretty as they are." She stretched, and chuckled to herself at a thought that had occured to her. I bet she's never even seen a tiger. I wonder what she thinks of when she hears "Tiger's Eye" in the first place? The gem grinned and scooted to the front of the large machine, attempting to get a better look at something ahead.

Some sort of machine? Whatever it was, it looked massive. Perhaps that's the generator everyone's been on about? Needless to say, Amazonite couldn't contain her excitement. "Is that it, there?" she asked eagerly.

Citrine lowered her head and nodded, "Yep, that's it!" She said, picking up the pace a little. She raised her arm and gave a big wave as a wide smile creased her face. On a small outcropping, the form of Tiger's Eye stood and excitedly reciprocated the wave as she started to approach the two gems happily.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jade had and by extension PT, had made it to the generator’s site before Citrine returned. Just as she had sensed, a gem was with her, an unknown element created by the glitches in the generator’s system. It was a non combative gem type but Jade’s guard refused to lower itself. She placed PT on the ground, behind a stone and put a finger to her lip.

“You will stay here until I have properly analyzed the situation.” Jade stated before phasing through the floor.

In a matter of seconds, she rose from the ground behind a boulder sitting closer to the generator. She lied in wait as the two approached. She already knew that Citrine’s emotional condition was unusually positive for an intruder attack but from here she could see it skyrocketing far higher than any other time within the walls of the canyon. And the only things she got from the green intruder was something akin to Citrine’s first waves when she broke through the earth’s crust, in fact, it was what all of her kindergarten made gems shared when faced with the unknown.

It was what she believed to be curiosity.

Curiosity comes from a desire to understand things so that meant Amazonite was after information. A homeworld gem who had snuck in through the defensive perimeter was gathering information on them.

Jade looked over to PT from her respective hiding place and repeated the motion from earlier, placing a finger to her lips to bring about silence. She summoned her weapon, braced herself, and sunk into the ground again.

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

PT was not trembling. She was not trembling as she summoned her baton, nor was she trembling as she peeked her head out of her hiding place.

Her legs quivered.

So maybe PT was trembling a bit. A lot. It didn't matter, Jade was there and she could do anything! Even deal with this situation!

Now, PT was never the best at reading people, or doing anything really, but Jade was on high alert, even summoning her weapon, so that must mean that there was something about to attack. She stayed quiet, but her rapid breathing wouldn't settle. PT clamped a hand over her mouth and peeked out of her hiding spot again, ready to defend Jade if needed!

Well, ready to...attempt to defend Jade if needed. She doubted if anything she could do would even count as an attempt.
    Last edited by Griff; 03-03-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“Hello, Ms. lovely!” Alvin cooed, appearing before his target, lying in the sand, propped up on his elbows. “Ya know, my lovely Pamela, why won’t you ever give me a chance, be my lady?” He ran a finger through his brown locks, flinging his hair with a flourish. “We could make some sweet music together, don’cha think?” His eyes sparkled with relatively dim witted charm as he tried for a eyebrow wiggle that he couldn’t get right. “Wait, I can do this..” He said to himself as his face scrunched with effort.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Oh Alvin." She says, wit a giggle and not even looking at him. "You're always good for a laugh. I find your determination in the face of adversity quite admirable, a testament to the indefatigable spirit of mankind, truly. But I feel I must decline your generous offer for a symphonic cooperation, for you are a Bass while I am a Soprano." She says, carefully bottling another sample. "Oh my." She says, looking at the guidebook and notes she's taken. "I do not recognize the pattern of this arrowhead. Perhaps it was from an outcast member of a tribe from another part of the country." She holds up the sample in its jar up to the light. "It is quite pretty, and made of pure obsidian. Even with its age, you can tell whoever made it was incredibly skilled."

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast