Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe: Empire City IC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Steven Universe: Empire City IC

It was a very long time ago, when the war for earth’s independence began....

On one side stood Rose Quartz, leader of the rebellion and on the other were the Diamonds, the leaders of Homeworld and its unyielding army.

The war raged for centuries with humans dying under the foot of the opposing sides with each new clash.

Eventually, the benevolent hero, Rose, fought off the invading army and swore her life to defending the planet until she too fell for something greater than herself and made the ultimate sacrifice.

But that’s not the story we’re telling right now.

No, this is the story of another set of heroes in a far off place, stepping out into the light for the first time.

“Now, I want you all to behave yourselves over this trip.” The teacher said over the mumbling of the students and whirl of turning bus wheels. Very few of them were paying her any semblance of attention while the rest continued on about their business, much to the frizzy haired woman’s embarrassment. “Kids..please..” But it was to no avail and soon she was slumping into her seat with a despondent sigh.

This was a huge deal for her; being given the go ahead on an out of town project was something she always wanted. A camping trip out in the desert that would let the kids see more of the outside world. It was a miracle she had been given permission to take them out this far but given her school’s….reputation, it wasn’t that strange to think that at least one or two of the parents may have just wanted some time away from their lovely offspring.

“Oh boy, the teachers are gonna have a field day with this if it doesn’t turn out right.” She slapped a hand to her glasses covered face, briefly forgetting she was wearing them and instantly regretting her decision.

“Why do I have to be here again?” A boy asked from behind her. His blaze of spiky hair stood up, presenting his bold green eyes as they stared out the window. He grumbled to himself in his own little world but didn’t miss his frizzy haired teacher’s baby blues peaking out from the seat in front of him. He quickly folded his arms in an empty show of defiance, arms covering up the black and red patterns of his t-shirt.

“You’re here because the school is trying to teach you responsibility over the summer.” The teacher stated with only slight trepidation and an emphasizing adjustment of her glasses.

“Yeah, Jake!” A loud voice rang out from behind him, knocking the brooding teen out of his seat.

The red haired youth quickly scrambled back into an upright position just to give the owner of said voice a sharp and pungent glare.

“Oh, scary face!” The owner replied with a giggle as she looked on with with her big sky blue eyes. She was a thin girl, about sixteen, same as her fiery friend. She had voluminous blonde hair that ran down her back in waves of gold and her slim body was wrapped in a white sun dress. Her light pale skin was adorned with pink stars on her cheeks and beads on her wrist and ankles.

“Maddie, do you have to be the loudest thing in the world every second of the day?” Jake grumbled with a sharp narrowing of his green eyes.

“Depends,” Maddie chirped back. “do you have to be the grumpiest thing in the world every second of the day?” The young girl smiled at her beloved hot head. “OH! Miss Bonnet!!” The free spirit shot her hand up, waving it frantically until the frizzy haired teacher just smiled to herself and played along.

“Yes, Maddie?”

“Will we be seeing ghosts on this trip?”

“No Maddie,” Miss Bonnet replied with a small smile. “we will not be seeing any ghosts on this field trip to the middle of the desert.”

“Aw man, I wanted to see werewolves!”

“I thought you wanted to see ghosts?” Jake questioned with a raised eyebrow.

“Supernatural people know other supernatural people.” Maddie replied, dramatically rolling her eyes. “First you talk to the ghost and then the ghost, because they're relatable to each other and form a friendship, tells you about a zombie and then from zombie you go to vampire and then from vampire you go to werewolf because you know a vampire is gonna know where to find werewolves.” She pulled out a black journal and opened it up to a chart she had drawn across two pages. “See, it's all about connections.”

“Yep, all about connections.” The student sitting next her replied. Another teenager, this boy had a mop of messy black hair cascading over his eyes to only show the grin he had on his face. His caramel skin showed beneath the black hoody and torn blue jeans he had dawned. He yawned, stretching out his lithe body before scratching his back absentmindedly and sitting back in the bus seat. “So, what's goin on?”

“Marco, should've known you'd be here....” Jake responded. “How could “Marcie” function without you.”

“Hey, we half resent that remark!” Maddie shouted. “Using the awesomeness that is “Marcie” to insult us is just illogical and childish.” Marco nodded in the background and Maddie continued, taking the encouragement without even seeing it. “ We are the greatest supernatural hunter band/ fan-fiction author team in the world!!” She lifted a hand and quickly received a high five from her laid back companion without either of them paying attention.

“Yep, we're pretty great.” Marco added.

“Ugh, you guys are so weird, do you really think you’re gonna find something crazy magical out there?” Jake said, slumping back into his chair. “Even if ya did, they probably wouldn’t want anything to do with you.”

“This is an unsatisfactory development.” Jade noted as she studied the contraption before her.

In the darkness of a now long forgotten space stood a being with light green skin and black hair. Her curvaceous body stood tall, leaving an imposing shadow cast over the walls of the canyon. She, Jade, shined the light of the gemstone sitting at the center of her face on her subject of inquiry. A large reactor like device sitting within the walls of the canyon.

"Hmm." It sputtered for the thirteenth time, leaving the gem with little to do but wait for it to end its shaking. She had no idea how to tamper with the device, only that it was clearly on its last leg and would soon be rendered useless, leaving the gems exposed to the outside world and whatever dangers that world presented.

The generator was what kept the cloaking on their canyon up and running, safe from prying eyes. It went without saying that Jade often worked around the clock to keep the thing going despite her exceptionally limited knowledge concerning machinery.

"Jade's log." She began. "I have assessed the situation and have come to the following conclusion: this device is indeed broken." With a soft tap of her foot, the device sputtered again but continued its flow of energy into the outside world.

Jade removed herself from the area and made her way back out into the more open spaces of the canyon. She found her usual spot, a large elevation of dirt she often used for lessons and prepared herself.

“I will need to acquire parts to keep the generator functioning.” She stated coolly. In a swift flash of green and shimmers, she removed her weapon from her gemstone and lifted it high above her head. The shuriken radiated green energy before she pulled out another and clanged them together, releasing a sound across the canyon's floor.

"All gems to the study area!"

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Pamela was quietly reading Finnegan's Wake on the bus s she rode along with the other children, not really paying attention to the conversations or the chattering. She kind of had a hard time getting along with most kids because she, through no fault of her own, acted weird to them, and kids used to make fun of her for being a nerd or a know-it-all.

She did, however hear the conversation about magical beings.

"I don't know!" Pamela shouted over the loud cries of the other kids as she turned to face the public schoolers. "I'm sure lots of magical creatures would want to meet them. From what I've read, they love children, mostly for food. Like Ginny Greenteeth, who drowns children and then eats them. Or Krampus, who beats them with bundles of twigs. Or the Yara-ma-yha-who, a child-sized, frog-man covered in red fur with octopus arms and a gaping, toothless mouth from Australia who sucks the blood out of them with its tentacles. Black Annis, Baba Yaga, El Cuco, all would be very interested to meet either of you." She added with a grin. "The list goes on and on."
    Last edited by Cfavano; 02-02-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“Don’t forget the Tsuchigumo!” Marco added. “We’re also traveling, which basically makes us wanderers!” He pulled out his large book of mythos and began reading. “creatures with the body of a tiger, limbs of a spider, and the face of a demon.” He flipped the page before showing the picture to Pamela and continuing.

“These guys eat unwary travellers!” Maddie jumped in, baring her teeth and making growling noises. “I mean, they probably eat all kinds of travellers, wary or not, but it’s probably worse to get caught off guard.“ She then sat back down to quickly ponder the in and outs of wariness and its effects on being digested.

“Oh yeah, we can’t forget about Oshiroibaba.” Marco went on. “She’s a terrifying demon woman wh0 disguises herself as a sweet old lady.” With a flip of the page Pamela was faced with another illustration. “This one tries to give you makeup but um, don’t put it on or your face will fall off in a horrifically gruesome way…..but I wonder if she’d just tear your face off because you refused to use her makeup.”

“Now, I know what you’re thinking!” Maddie beamed, back from her thinking.

“Those were both Japanese demons..” Marco continued, rolling his eyes beneath his thick black bangs.

“But hey!” Maddie eyes became inflamed with burning intensity.

“You gotta be careful out there.” And with that, Marco closed the book with a flourish. “So, you part of the supernatural club too?” He asked with a slight yawn and small smile.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I'll keep that in mind!" Pamela said, loudly, so she could be heard. Closing her book she slides in her seat over towards the aisle so she could be heard better. "Nah, I just like to read a lot and collect books. I know this really stuffy old bookshop that has a lot of weird and old books, where I buy them. They even have some rare ones." She says, getting excited. "I even managed to get old illuminated copies of the Malleus Maleficarum and the Dictionnaire Infernal, which I had to translate from Latin and French respectively. I can email you PDFs of my translations if you want, or maybe show you the actual books, they are very beautiful."

Spoiler: Things I like 

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

PT continued to wander through the canyon, as she had for the last...well after a while she lost track of the years. It wasn't particularly hard, but it was lonely. Everything would be worth it when she found Jade and the others again. She knew they were around here somewhere, just...not here. On days like this PT wished she had listened to Jade when she told her not to leave.

If she hadn't left she never would have met any humans though, and they were good enough to almost make this meandering worth it. PT couldn't wait until she could tell Jade of her adventures.

Walking on the rocky ground, she felt something flicker. She couldn't say what, but something changed. It felt...different. The ground trembled, causing her to stumble. PT looked around, and noticed something new. On the horizon she could see canyon walls with holes in them. Gem-shaped holes. Breaking into a sprint, she ran to the walls.

Everything seemed familiar again. This was her Kindergarten! A huge smile filled her face. She squealed, and yelled, "Hello!" Her voice echoed across the canyon.
    Last edited by Griff; 02-15-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Between this dream, and the nightmare of reality.
    Fantasy, Magical School stuff, Parody (fan-made characters)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"C-1,C-2, C-3..." Citrine counted aloud to herself, "Sandstone, Quartz, Granite..." She placed the rocks in line with the others. She was a tall, yellow skinned gem with an abnormally slender build for her gemtype, making her slightly weaker than the usual Citrine but this was never a problem for her. She had more strength than non-quartz gems and Jade taught her how to use her lighter form more efficiently so she wouldn't be lacking.
    Counting the rocks was yet another tedious order by Jade to keep her occupied, but she stopped minding after a few hundred years. For years, Jade would hand her a new stone every time she had an outburst of anger or emotion and she had a name for each one. She started with simple names, Citrine-1, Citrine-2, eventually she started naming them after the kinds of minerals they were made of. After a while the stones became larger and more cumbersome as outbursts became less frequent and Jade started to use them more as a test. After Jade trained her to control her emotions better, Jade would order her to take them from one side of the canyon to the other as a kind of 'training regiment'. Move them one at a time, keep them in chronological order. A test of patience.

Once her mission was completed, she looked at the sky through the semi-translucent dome. The clear, blue sky was only slightly marred by a slight shadow that was the force field above their heads, not that Citrine really understood this. Judging by the sun it had only took her a few hours so she would have another few hours of free time before her next assignment.
    "I wonder what Tiger is up to." Citrine wondered as she followed the canyon back in the direction of the 'main area' of the kindergarten. There wasn't much to the area under the shield that protected them other than the central area and a few offshoot pathways but there was enough for the gems to live comfortably enough. It was even enough space for Citrine and Tiger's Eye to play a game they invented called "Gem Hunt" where one would hide and the other would have to find them, though this was slightly unfair because Tiger could turn invisible.

As Citrine reached the top of the highest point, the spot that Tiger frequented, she paused to take in the view. She could see for miles in almost every direction, all yellow sand, dulled by the dome as far as her eyes could see except for a single line of dark black on the horizon.
    While she was distracted with the panorama in front of her, she missed the sounds of light footsteps behind her.
    "Whatcha looking at?" A cheerful voice came from behind her, causing Citrine to whirl around.
    "Oh, I was looking for you Tiger." Citrine said with a sigh, "I thought you were Jade for a moment."
    Tiger was a short gem, abnormally short. She was one of the few gems grown at the kindergarten that had stayed in the ground for far too long. Other than her being much thinner and smaller than the average, she was perfectly normal, at least to Citrine. Tiger chuckled at Citrine, "What's wrong? Afraid of another assignment?"
    Citrine smiled, "Something like that. Wanna play some Gem Hunt?"
    Tiger just nodded enthusiastically at this.

Citrine had just closed her eyes to start to count when she heard Jade's call echo throughout the canyon, causing her to turn in that direction just in time to see Tiger reappear. "Ah! Hey, no being invisible, that's cheating!" Citrine pouted as Tiger shrugged playfully, "We're gonna have a long talk about this when I get back!" She shouted behind her as she made her way down the cliffside by leaps and bounds.
    "Probably not~" Tiger returned before Citrine left earshot.

As Citrine dashed towards the sound, she heard another sound over everything else, the reactor sputtering again. Citrine hated working on that thing, she wasn't designed for technical things like this. She was designed for smashing things and that's about it. She had tried hitting it before but it hadn't worked out the last few times. But if Jade was calling her for it must be something serious. As she slid around the corner, she saw the extended shadow of Jade standing in front of the machine in her usual poised way. Quickly Citrine composed herself, brushed her hair to the side, and took a deep breath, "What's up boss, the generator acting up again? I can try punching it again, but I dunno if that would help this time." She shrugged with a playful wink.

Now, to unleash screaming temporal DOOM

(╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Amazonite sat quietly near the edge of the canyon. She had traveled here for the marvellous colors and sunsets she was told she could find, and she was not disappointed. A paintbrush in hand, she dipped into the bright oranges and reds and began to fill the canvas with beauty.

She had been at the painting for hours, continually restarting, never quite capturing the majesty of the landscape. She frowned, setting down her tools and gazing intently across the canyon to really get it in her mind. Kicking over a nearby stone, she brushed off its dusty surface and took a seat, contemplating what to do next.

Then, something odd happened. The entire canyon- everything beneath the gem's feet- fell away. No, that wasn't right. It didn't fall at all. It simply vanished, as if it were never there. Of course, Amazonite had no time to process this, as she suddenly found herself falling quickly towards the desert ground.

"Wha- holy sh-!" The gem couldn't find the breaths to finish the sentence. The golden sands of this landscape didn't seem quite as beautiful, she noticed, when they were hurtling closer to your face at alarming speed. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping for at least a soft landing.
    Last edited by Splat; 02-09-2017 at 01:44 AM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“The generator is once again malfunctioning.” Jade jumped from her perched to land at Citrine’s feet. “It has ceased its lagging output for now but I do not know how long it will stay in working order. I will begin working on a solution using Olvine’s notes as you collect more debris from the eastern-” The gem’s thoughts were cut short by a sudden presence entering her range of perception. She stopped suddenly, the break in her speech being followed by a brief stint of silence as she identified the incoming energy source. Her thoughts turned to the echoes of energy and she quickly confirmed the presence of another gem. “5-X-H, Pink Tourmaline, has returned.” She informed the others, returning her attention to Citrine and Tiger.

A large shout of “Hey!” fell right on the heel of Jade’s statement.

“Tiger, you are to stay here and not move,” Came the monotone order as Jade moved past the two gems. “I will examine 5-X-H and return with a report.” She positioned herself into a runner’s stance. “Citrine, you are in command while I’m gone; do not allow any intruders into the area, remember the rules and retrieve Bismuth, she has yet to answer the summons.” With that, she kicked off the ground and accelerated down the path of stone and dirt.

I do not want her to get into trouble

MEANWHILE….

“Hey!” Bismuth shouted with a wide grin, sticking out her hand to shake with a very surprised PT.

Between this dream, and the nightmare of reality.
    Fantasy, Magical School stuff, Parody (fan-made characters)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Citrine turned to the sound of the loud shout as Jade mentioned PT, she had always wondered where the tiny gem went, and how she got out of the shield. Though, with the generator going on the fritz again, she supposed she had her answer.
    As Jade dashed away, leaving Citrine and Tiger alone. Citrine gave a laugh, " 'Don't allow any intruders in' she says. As if there has ever been an intruder in two thousand years." She looked at Tiger and shrugged, "They couldn't even get in here if they tried anyways." She smirked, illiciting a giggle from Tiger.

Just then, a loud shudder came from behind her, followed by the sound of the generator powering down. However, just as suddenly as it failed, it started right back up again with a loud whirring sound. Citrine froze in place with her arms extended as she slowly looked up. The shield that was protecting them from the outside world was blinking out of existance before her eyes, a flash of bright sunlight streaming through for just a moment before the force field came back online. As she was dazzled by the sunlight, she failed to notice the figure falling right at her until she felt a sudden weight land in her arms, causing her to stumble forward slightly. She was only able to stop herself from falling through her unusual strength.

Her eyes went from the sky to the figure she had caught, "...What the- Who-" she looked up at the now-dimmed sky and back down at the small figure in her arms. She was only slightly taller than Tiger with pale greenish skin. A gem, as far as Citrine could tell, though none that she had seen before. Her clothes, however, were much different than the standard gem attire, "Where did you come from?" Suddenly a loud
    CRACK!
    Resounded through the canyon, it took Citrine a moment to realize that whatever had made the sound had just broken against her head. She barely even felt it when it struck. She turned around to see a large white rectangle with many colored splotches on it, split almost exactly in half. "And what is that supposed to be?" She paused, before squnting at her suspiciously, "Were you spying on us?"

Now, to unleash screaming temporal DOOM

(╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Amazonite was silent for quite some time, not really sure where exactly she was. Stunned and speechless, she shook herself and realized that no, she was not dead. Lady Luck had somehow pushed her into the arms of... someone? She shook herself and looked up. The person that caught her looked no more than 20, with pale blonde hair and golden skin. Amazonite almost mistook her for a human until she looked past her and noticed another girl, this one with orange and black striped skin almost like a tiger. Other women were scattered around the area of all the colors of the rainbow.

When the reality of her situation hit her, Amazonite yelped in alarm and scrambled out of her rescuer's arms. "Y-y-you're a... a..." Pausing to catch her breath, the gem clasped a hand against her chest as she hyperventilated. "You're a gem!" she finally managed to shout. She inhaled deeply, trying to calm her nerves, and glanced around. "You're all gems..."

After reasserting herself, Amazonite finally took notice of the tall yellow gem in front of her. "I-I'm Amazonite," she sputtered. "I was... up on the cliff, painting, when-" Her eyes widened, suddenly remembering the art, and saw the broken easel lying on the ground. "My painting!" She dashed over and pouted, poking at the ruined canvas and lamenting the wasted hours spent getting the colors just right. She looked back up at the gem with a frown. "No, I wasn't spying on you. I didn't even know you were here. I fell after the canyon..." Gazing upwards, she noticed that the canyon had materialized again. "What the..."

Then at last she noticed the whirling generator, humming with power. She never thought she would see gem technology like this ever again... she never thought she would see another gem again, for that matter. Shaking herself from her thoughts, she addressed the tall gem. "What is this place?" She observed the small holes lining the walls. "A kindergarten, here?"

She paused. "Oh, and... thanks for catching me," she added sheepishly.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast