Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Steven Universe: Empire City IC

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

As the bus sped away while quite evidently ignoring every pot hole on the far reaching pavement, Pamela sat, one hand gripping her seat as she tried to stay centered. How she got the seat with the broken belt was the last thing on her mind however.

Today had been a lot for multiple reasons and she honestly wasn’t entirely sure where to put what where. A rather new experience given her usual level headedness. Those beings had gems like hers, shining stones at the center of their being and that was raising questions she wasn’t sure she wanted answers to. It was like when that super guy from her favorite comic met his kin. Hopefully THESE new travelers wouldn’t end up being space criminals from another dimension bent on destroying everything she held dear. Not she was so shaken from the day’s events to actually be worried by such a thing.

Though she was getting close.

Pamela was always logical rational and proud, and she was honestly patting herself on the back for the work she did today, though how’d she explain herself to the two loonies currently watching the road for worm monsters with more joy than fear was beyond her at the moment. But the point being, Pamela rarely had anything be too much for her or anything she was willing to admit was too much for her. This however, the whole monster of destruction going on a rampage thing? Yeah, this may have been out of her weight class.

And it was, on some level, killing her being just the northside of useless.

“So is anyone else freaking the hell out!?” A student’s sudden break of silence shattered the nervous tension in the small space.

“I am!” Another student joined in and suddenly the whole bus felt like a flock of crazed birds, everyone trying to shout over the other and quickly reaching a crescendo.

This was getting out of hand, the driver was going to start flying off the road with all these distraction which wasn’t since the quakes weren’t getting any weaker. Didn’t these kids understand that this was no time to freak out? She may have frazzled from her origin story suddenly getting a new edition but she wasn’t losing her damn mind.

“Pardon me.” With a swift motion, she grabbed a thrown paper ball and flung it right into the thrower’s open maw. “Attention everyone!” She shouted over the various cries of her fellow students and they all turned to her, now standing up in her chair, shaky but pretty confident. “Listen, you all must keep yourselves calm, I know it sounds insane but we have people on this and they’re fairly reliable given my most recent observations.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, we saw em too.” Marcie and Jake said in almost unison.

“So, we’re not gonna die?”

“I mean, based off of recent studies, I’m sure most of you will most likely die but not here...by my best estimates.” Everyone froze. “Though, and this is just me trying to be my most efficient here, you should all call your loved ones and pray to any deities that you may or may not worship. Faith in the face most imminent doom is quite the sight to behold.” She smiled confidently as he words sunk in.

She could handle kids.
    Last edited by Cfavano; 08-09-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Meanwhile, in the middle of the desert, across the plains of scattering dust, four gems stood, all eyes focusing on the spot where the Drillipede thrashed and fell to the caverns below.

The open chasm was alight with PT's energy, her barrier stretching across the open space as a net for the Drillipede's return.

Everyone was tense. This was the calm before the storm. The beast would be upon them soon, fully ready to destroy everything in its path. If it wasn't stopped here, it would destroy every human city until nothing was left.

Amazonite felt the same tension as everyone else, but her attention for the moment was captured by the massive fusion towering over the other gems. She had never seen anything like it. That must be Citrine, and Jade... She looked around, noting which gems were missing. And the striped gem too? They must have fused before, to be this stable...

Another rumble pulled Amazonite out of her thoughts. Right. Scary giant monster. She exhaled, calming her nerves, and summoned her weapon. In an instant, a fan molded from light appeared in her hand, the same color as her gem, and she clutched it anxiously. Been a while since I've used this thing... hopefully I still got the hang of it.

PT felt drained. Last time she tried to hold it back things didn’t work out too well. She was useless…

She felt a wave of frustration build up. I have to help, I have to help, I have to help!

“Calm thoughts, little one.” A hand the size of her body came down to lightly brush her head with its index finger. Ammolite smiled, caring and firm. “I know you’ve got this.”

“B-but, what can I do? Nothing’s working!”

“You can focus.” The six armed gem replied, still smiling. She spoke with a stern but soft clarity, making sure she was heard by everyone.

This wasn’t Citrine’s anger, Jade’s calculated assurance or Tiger’s complete optimism. Ammolite made spoke with righteous indignation, she spoke with utmost confidence.

“Just hold it still and I’ll punch it until it stays down.”

"Just hold it still…" PT closed her eyes, thinking on Ammolite’s words. A bead of sweat dripped down her forehead. She took a deep breath. Ignoring the noises around her, she focused on what she could feel in her barrier. It thrummed with energy, like a guitar string, each point in the construct giving out a slightly different tune. The vibrations grew stronger with the beasts approach, its body like a sounding fork, striking against her energy but...it wasn’t head on. It was like the beast was just grinding against it as it passed by. It was uncomfortable.

“Ammolite?”

“Yes, little one?”

“The beast is being...weird.”

And in that instant, the ground shifted viciously beneath their feet, more violent than any of the quakes before and much more far reaching. Ammolite stood steady through it all but immediately threw her attention to the bus, seeing with her enhanced sight that the children were boarding and on their way. And it was at that realization that the quakes began to get...softer, the violent thrashing that they had almost grown accustomed to just began to slowly come to a halt.

Amazonite looked back and forth between the fusion and the small pink gem. An ominous feeling washed over her. “Why… why did the ground stop shaking?”

But Ammolite was already peering into the ground, her perception reaching through the earth as she scanned the caverns below. “The shaking didn’t stop..” She said as she watched the Drillipede’s rampage. “It just got further away!”

With lightning speed she grabbed the three gems.

Amazonite felt the air rush out of her lungs as she was scooped up by the larger gem. “Wh- where are we going?”

PT was too busy focusing on how far away the ground was to respond.

“Hang on,” Ammolite replied as she placed them on her shoulder and braced her legs. “We’re gonna catch a bus!”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Everyone was quiet on the bus, not really sure how to react to what they’d just heard or the superior grin on Pamela’s face after she had said it.

“Oh geez.” Maddie and Jake pulled a simultaneous facepalm before grimacing at their synchronicity. Was this the same girl that saved them from being worm food?

To be frank, no one really knew much about Pamela beyond the fact that she was top of the class. They never really talked to her much outside of requesting notes and it was becoming clear why. She didn’t have a way with words that some others had and her “smarts” weren’t very comforting in situations where your mental faculties were already on the verge of exploding.

Still, she got the kids quiet, if traumatized, and the bus driver was slowly getting his nerves back as they continued speeding away from the shocks that kept racking the bus from below.

“So, what the hell was all of that?” Jake asked once the dig site fell behind the horizon.

“Clearly it was a rock monster.” Marcie said in unison, Maddie from the seat in front and Marco from right next to him. Jake had placed them on the same seat when tossing the students into the bus, Marco sitting on the inside and him sitting on the out.

“A “rock monster”?” Jake repeated, more than a little skeptical. Sometimes the things that came out of Maddie’s mouth were almost too insane.

“Oh, come on!” Maddie shouted in outrage. “Are you still going to give me that skeptical “you’re a loony Maddie, get a grip” look? We just saw a giant worm with acid for blood, clearly it was an alien creature made to destroy us by the Diamond Authority!”

“Oh you come on!” Jake threw his hands up with a readied flurry of comebacks. “There could be a million explanations for what we saw but you’re gonna go with “Alien rock monster sent by rock people!” you’d have to be insane to-” he stopped himself at the feel of a hand patting him on the shoulder softly..

“It was pretty neat huh?” Marco said through a warm smile and a yawn before starting to dose. “Aliens, I can’t believe I met one…”

Jake stopped, looked away and coughed before starting again.

“Y-yeah well..” He muttered as he scratched his cheek. “y-you don’t know if it had acid for blood!” Jake shot back weakly. “Besides, if that was a rock monster than who were all those other people, those magic ladies?”

“Those were the Crystal Gems, duh.” Maddie explained, feigning exasperation.

“Wha-”

“protectors from another planet sent here to defend earth and all who inhabit it from the rock people monsters and the Diamond Authority.” She pulled out a pamphlet and tossed it at the red-head’s face. “Jesus Jake, read a book, why don’t you!”

Jake held back his immediate desire to tear the pamphlet in half and opened it instead, immediately skeptical of literally everything inside it, especially the doodles. It wasn’t long before he was throwing the pamphlet back into Maddie’s face who had expected that reaction and caught it without even blinking.

“I’ll thank you not to ruin this piece of valuable information.” Maddie pouted as she dramatically dusted off the pamphlet as though it were the holy scripture. “Surely even a barbarian like yourself can see the value of this, no?” She released an exasperated sigh and a waved her hand, showcasing the pamphlet in all its glory. “This could help us a lot in the future.”

“Help us what, look like idiots?” Jake retorted

“No, dummy, it could help us-Marco fell asleep on you.” She pointed to the unconscious, hoody cloaked form currently slumped against Jake’s side.

“Oh! So he is...”

“Honestly, I’m surprised he lasted this long with all the excitement.” Maddie said matter-of-factly as she steered at Marco’s sleeping form. “Wow, my dude can go to sleep anywhere.” She said it with an almost inspired look before shifting her focus back to the red head. “There’s a trick to moving him, you just gotta wave a piece of ch-”

“It’s fine.” Jake cut her off swiftly, shrugging-well, not shrugging, but it had the essence of shrugging- as Marco continued sleeping, face pressed against Jake’s arm and snoring softly. “I mean, I don’t mind.”

*snort*

“What!? He’s tired, we had a long day!”

“I didn’t say anything…” Maddie said with a soft shake of her head as she held back another snort fest of laughter. “.....I had a long day too, can I-”

“Fuck off!”

“Kids, please!” Ms Bonnet shouted over the rumble and tumble. “You all need to calm down while we’re running from the shaking.” She pressed her fingers against her glasses, adjusting them for what felt like the millionth time as they adamantly refused to stay on her face. “W-when we get back to the city, how about a brief lesson on earthquakes, I have a DvD we can watch for the rest of the day and I think it’ll be nice to sit back and relax for awhile after the-oh my!” She caught herself as another shock almost threw her off her feet. “A-after the events of today-my, these are quite the quakes, right children?”

“Yeah, about that,” Maddie said, eyes narrowing. “We’ve been speedin’ away for awhile now, shouldn’t these things have gotten weaker?”

“Yeah…” Jake nodded with same growing suspicion, one arm slowly moving to hug Marco closer to his body. Things were about to get very bumpy.

“Yeah, and side question, are we on a hill?” Maddie asked as looked out the window and found that the bus was slowly being elevated.

“No!” Ms Bonnet squeaked as the bus began to slowly rise off the ground.

“Well then….fuck.”

And that’s when the Drillipede struck.

The bus erupted into the air with the giant worm. Every student screamed at the top of their lungs as their world became a raging rollercoaster with no breaks. It was all so fast, a blur of images rushing past the windows as the bus flipped and spun in a whirling mess through the air before hurtling back to earth in a tale spin.

“Brace yourselves!” Ms Bonnet shouted as she held onto her seat with dear life.

The vehicle crashed; tumbling, rolling, and smashing into the earth and across the sands until it finally came to a halt, far off the road, on its side and pressed against the mountain of sand that brought its disastrous landing to a halt.

“Uh….” Maddie coughed as she unbuckled her seat belt, dazed but unharmed. “Is anyone...Marco, MARCO!” She strained her breath as she called out.

“Polo…”

She rushed to the weak voice, crawling across the glass before finally managing to get to her feet.

“Shit.” There was Marco, eyes half lidded, the left arm of his hoodie stained slightly by blood. “Marco, are you-”

“I’m fine, but Jake..” It took Maddie a second to realize but wrapped around Marco was Jake, the red heads arms still tightly hugging the other teen to his chest. His head was bleeding and small cuts scattered themselves across his body, damage he took as a human shield. “Jake, you okay?” Marco asked as he tried getting up, only to be immediately pulled back down as the arms tightened around him. “Yep.” The messy haired youth almost snorted as he was helplessly embraced in bearhug of protection. “I think he’s alive….and crushing my wind pipes.”

Jake’s eyes were glued shut and his body was tight, he was still bracing himself for the next wave, preparing for the worst.

“Uh, Jake, I love this protective side of you but I think you’re killing Marco.” Maddie winced as she tried for a smile. She must have gotten banged up more than she thought

Jake’s eyes popped open

“Wha?”

“The bus stopped shaking, you can let go now.” Maddie repeated as she tried to pull Marco out of the jaws of life that were Jake’s arms.

“Oh….OH!” Jake shot up, releasing Marcot than immediately falling back down as he regretted every decision he had just. Everything hurt, in the bad way. He grabbed his head as he winced, pulling it away at the feel of something wet. His palm was covered in his blood. “Oh shit, what happened.” He asked, looking up at Maddie.

“Shit hit the fan man, game over!” She replied dramatically as she pulled Marco to his feet. “We gotta get outta this bus!” She gestured to Marco and the two grabbed a hold of either of Jake’s arms before pulling him to his feet and half-dragging him out of the bus. “I think we’ll be safe as long as we-well dammit all.”

There was the Drillipede, lurking over them, its colossal shadow dwarfing them in darkness. Its drill spun viciously as it leered at them like, malicious and dark.

“Okay, back in the bus!” Maddie shouted.

“Wha-”

Back in the bus!!!

Between this dream, and the nightmare of reality.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Magical School stuff, Parody (fan-made characters)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“Marco?” Maddie asked, taking his hand into hers.
    “Yeah, Maddie?” Marco replied.
    “It’s been an honor...”

As the children watched their eminent death approach, there was a sudden gust of wind and a loud CRACK like thunder. Time seemed to slow as they watched a giant woman flew past them feet first, slamming into the Drillopede with a massive drop kick that threw it far away from them.

“Please cease and desist!” Ammolite slid to a stop and lowered her body to the ground, letting the gems she was holding down to the ground.

"Stand back civilians, I will handle this." She rose to her feet. With one set of hands she slammed her fist into her open palm, with another she connected her thumbs with her forefingers in a meditative gesture, and with her bottom hands she gave the group a thumbs up. She nodded to them and turned to face her foe, the Drillopede, as it recovered, spinning its drill in the closest thing it could do to a taunt.

Ammolite just smirked.

The beast dove forward, aiming to stab its drill straight through her. She effortlessly sidestepped the attack, countering with three well placed haymakers to the side. The gem beast reared back but was left unharmed. It attempted to bring down its entire weight to crush the giant gem only to feel three massive uppercuts sending it back to the ground.

When it struck the earth, she leapt after it, pinning its head to the desert floor with two hands.She held it down, using her four other arms to pepper its body with punches, each one causing the ground to shake with its impact. The writhing creature bucked against her grip, withstanding a hail storm of punches. Still, after a few minutes of this onslaught the creature remained almost unphased.

Marcie and Jake just looked on.

“I...I was not prepared for today…” Maddie admitted, mouth agape.

"Why...Won't...You...Stay down?!" Ammolite grunted with the exertion of every punch, her tone angry, her face twisting into an almost inhuman expression of rage. This creature should be nothing to her, she was the strongest, the fastest, the most...The most...Her form suddenly faltered, her body glowing. She was falling apart and she could feel it. She quickly released her grasp on the creature and jumped back, taking a moment to regain her composure. Her body returned to normal as she took in a few breaths and calmed the fury inside her. With a deep breath she looked at one of her many hands and saw its form glitch slightly. She didn't have long.

"I'll have to finish this soon..." She said under her breath, "I'll need to do it with one last hit." She clenched her fist and prepared herself. The Drillopede almost seemed to sense her intentions as it started spinning its drill faster than Ammolite had seen it before. This would be it, one final clash.

Now, to unleash screaming temporal DOOM

(╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678