Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/stay Night - War of the Fourteen Magi - Alternate Universe - IC

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

----Fleur----

The overseer spoke words that were hardly a surprise to Fleur. While having no powers of divination herself, she had been blessed with a servant who possessed all the knowledge of the world. But servants are not of this world. Discovering their abilities is beyond him. Fortunately, that was one of the roles of a master. Still, the exact details of the position they were in fascinated her. When the overseer finished, she spoke. "As I said, we may well be allies in the coming war." she murmured. "Do you understand, now, Leon?" Then she turned to the other assembled individuals with a calm, proud look. "I, for one, do not crave personal glory. I would be more than willing to align myself with any of a like mind." She looked pointedly at Sara, at Leon and at Aiden - singling them out as her preferred allies.

Just then, another voice tinged her mind. "Master, the other servants are coming into conflict. I desire to make my presence known."

The statement was framed as a question, and Fleur nodded.

"Do as you see fit, Lancer, but do not engage in combat on this neutral territory unless in unprovoked self defence."

"What do you take me for, some sort of savage?" Lancer's tone was light, almost playful.

----Lancer----

'Diplomacy' between Saber and Caster seemed quickly to be deterorating. At the assent from his master, Lancer assumed physical form and called out to the two bickering servants. "I had hoped to see perhaps a little more grace from my fellow servants, but I suppose that was too much to expect." His voice was confident, grave - with a slight hint of chastisement. "Saber, your wish to exchange names is honourable. Caster, you know as well as I that allies are more valuable than enemies." He traced the surface of the roof with the tip of his spear, and from where it grazed metal, water bubbled and frothed as it might from a spring. "There's no need to be so prickly."

----Assassin----

Somewhere, far away in the freezing darkness, Assassin was poised. He was in a warehouse, not so dissimilar from the one he had been summoned in. The place was said to be abandoned - but the shadowy servant had quickly learned that this was not the case. It seemed to be home to a gang of some sort, a group of Japanese criminals who had laden the place with cameras and boobytraps.

None of those, of course, were at all a match for Fūma Kotarō. To the demonic assassin, it seemed that the secret organisations of Japan had fallen mightily. These were a disgrace, a far cry from the shinobi of times gone past. They talked loudly, one laughing as he hoisted the automatic weapon he was carrying. These were supposed to be sentries, but here they made merry as if their lives were not in danger.

That was a mistake.

Dropping silently from the rafters, Assassin closed in for the kill. The first sentry died before presence concealment had even dropped, a long katana blade rammed through his heart.

The second didn't even have time to react.

His mind had barely processed the man beside him slumping to the ground when a hand closed around his throat and gave one mighty squeeze. The unfortunate man's windpipe was crushed in a moment, and his spine fractured - disconnecting the brain from the body.

Assassin continued, stalking through the warehouse, killing again and again - drifting through the night as if he did not exist, before emerging with impossible, deadly speed.

He could have killed the rest just as easily, but instead - he slipped into the shadow of a freight container. There was no reason for him to do this. No tactical advantage to be gained. He did it because it was entertaining.

As a hidden door near the back of the warehouse opened up, and six men entered the room, Assassin just smiled and watched. They seemed angry at first, but their anger soon turned to confusion - and their confusion to fear.

He let their stern faces turn to masks of fear, and even allowed them to run for the door. How sloppy. They really should have been paying more attention. As one of them stumbled to the doorway, he tripped over a wire. There was a split second of silence before a huge blade swung from the darkness like a vicious, edged pendulum. It sliced clean through the first, the second and the third - and smashed the other up against the far wall, impaling itself in his abdomen.

The last two men turned and sprinted in the opposite direction, further into the warehouse.

How amusing.

A steel shuriken caught one in the back, causing him to drop with a muffled groan.

The final man sank to his knees. "Mercy!" he pleaded, calling out into the eerie void.

Assassin stepped out of the shadows before him and looked down at him coldly. He gestured for the man to rise, and the captive shakily did so.

"I will let you live if you tell me the location of every trap, secret door, and hidden exit in this warehouse."

The man's eyes took on a heavy hint of relief. No doubt he thought he'd be able to survive.

But before he could even reply, Assassin's knife caught him in the stomach, and he twisted the blade. "On second thoughts, I believe I'll have more fun locating them for myself."
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 02-08-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

-------Aiden--------

Aiden listened to everything that was said, and his jaw almost dropped at what he just heard. The Grail was allowing them to not only work in teams, but gran both parties wish. This was unheard of. Why in the world would the grail do such a thing just because the last war ended without a decisive winner. This just threw any and all preparations he did in the last couple of months out the window.

Now he would need to pick a capable partner to team up with, but who to choose. Without knowing who was the Master of who this was going to make the decision even harder. Not all Servants are created equal. Some were stronger than others, and yet strength didn’t always mean that you will win the fight. Sometimes smarts outdo strength. Giving off a sigh he suddenly felt like Caster was preparing to engage in a fight.

Aide stopped that easily enough, but in the end everything came down to one simple question. Would he be able to pick a capable master as his partner, and will they know how to battle in the end. He would really have no true choice on who He will be able to partner up with. So might as well leave it up to fate. She is the one that granted him this chance to begin with.

“Well this is definitely a turn of events. If anything it just made the War that much harder. Oh well. You win some and you lose some.” Aiden said as he looked around the room. He was not accustomed to working with others, but it is better not to shoot yourself in the foot. “Well looks like we will be becoming allies in the end. So I am willing to fight with anyone. Better to be in group than out on your own.” Aiden said as he looked to the others.

-------Caster-------

Caster just shook his head at the situation. The Saber servant was adept on dishing out disrespect, but when it came to receiving it they act like a spoiled brat. Having a temper tantrum over not getting their way. Though resorting to violence was something Caster didn’t expect. Though he gained some valuable information when it was time to finally face off with Saber. They were short tempered, which in the end just might be their downfall. He wanted to fight Saber even more now. HIs eyes narrowed, and he got a shit-eating grin on his face. As he brought his staff up, and touched the side of Saber's sword with it.

”Caster stop this right now. Saber might just end up being our partner. I will explain later.

Upon hearing his Master's voice he calmed down, and looked at the servant. He might as well stop this now before it got too out of hand. Just as he was about to speak once more the servant that was in spirit form made his presence known. Caster looked in the direction of the voice, and to no surprise he could tell immediately what servant he was.

[color=blue]”Lancer. Glad to see you joined the party.” [/coor] Caster said in an almost bitter tone. He preferred to be a Lancer over a Caster, but it seemed the Master wanted this man over him. Well not that it matters. Giving a sigh he brought his staff back to his side. “I didn’t start this mess Lancer, and I was not about to back down from the blatant disrespect I was shown. Whether Saber is a King or not. One should show respect to someone that they wish to talk to.” Caster said as his attention turned back to Saber. “Besides this one is not to bright. I knew they were a Saber the moment I took a look at how they were dressed, and the weapon they carried. I would think it would be obvious that I am a Caster class servant. It is not like I didn’t give Saber hints on my class.”

Caster looked at all of the gathered servants. Lancer, Saber, and the unknown female. They were only four of the seven, and if his Master was right less than half of the possible servants that could be in this war. His Master's plane just whent out the window.

Caster turned his back to Saber and the others as he looked down at the church with a concerned look in his eyes. He wondered how much longer this will take, and what did his Master mean by possible partners? This holy grail war was going to be far different than any war before. He could just tell. “What the future holds is not written in stone. The flow of events is ever changing, and soon the right of warriors will begin. One must never underestimate their opponents. You best remember that Saber.” This little bit of advice was his apology to Saber for antagonizing them.

Mecha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interactions: Meeting Room
    ====

Leon's attention was now brought upon the very subject he had been confused about just a moment ago, while at the same time making sure to pay attention to his Saber's obnoxious tendency to get mad in the wrong places, the subject of how she knew about this in the first place. "Yeah I get it now...Don't really understand how you seemed to have expected to have us all placed on teams. Care to let us know how you figured that detail out Miss Fleur?" Leon said with a suspicious glance at his prospective 'ally' as he sat in his chair very much still looking at Fleur in the eyes. She may be pretty but he knew that a pretty face could hide some bad things about a woman. "As much as I would like to ally with some of you Mister...Aiden you said you name was right? I believe we should be more cautious. How many of us here are actually trustworthy? We are all dumb enough to show our faces here and confirm our spots as masters in this war. This could complicate things for some of you. And just like Leon I do too want to know how the french girl came upon her little tid bit of information." Togami stated as he turned to look as Fleur himself his eyes scanning Fleur very thoroughly as if reexamining his own opinions on her.

====

Interactions: Servant Meet up:

"What the hell do you know about a knight's pride pretty boy?" growled Saber with her fierce hostility very much present. As she turned her head to the side but still was distinctively aware of Caster just in case. "You look more like a dandy than anyone of us here. And he's wearing animal fur!" Saber said gesturing to her adversary. "As for you! A king doesn't need to show respect to their lessers. A king rules by pride, power, and ability. They show they're a king by being the strongest! They stand above the others head and shoulders! Respect earned from someone like me is earned not given." Saber said vehemently exposing her pride as a warrior above all else. Even if her father had never acknowledged her as king...she was the rightful one for the throne. She knew it when she fell and she knew it now reborn as Saber. Might made right. However before she could get further into her little tirade she felt the voice of her master ring in her head. "Saber please chill out you're wasting mana! What are you even doing!?" Leon tried to get through to her but in her anger she had been ignoring him and felt deeply embarrassed fighting back the blush in her cheeks underneath her helmet.

"Master I'm fighting for our pride as a master and our servant. The Caster Class disgraces me and through me you! I'm Saber! I'm the greatest of all of them and yet they don't acknowledge me. I'm trying to play nice but the bastards aren't making it easy for me. The lancer is lecturing me, that jackass Caster is sounding more and more like Merlin the more I hear him, and I've got a sick feeling in the back of my head that tells me we're being watched." Saber said as he instinct skill told her to be wary of her surroundings. She couldn't find out who but it was probably assassin, or archer. They appear to be the ones who refuse to show themselves. Prideless cowards..."Saber I understand trust me I do. Please just let it go for now...I'm learning new information about this war I'll fill you out in a bit just back off for now. Besides the more you focus on them the more they'll try to antagonize you and if we break the truce we're going to be ousted by the church overseers. Just please try to relax until we're done. Then we can go and do whatever you want." Leon promised Saber as she groaned in real time and let her sword drop to her side.

"Fine but I'm keeping you to that promise Leon." Saber replied bitterly as she obeyed her master's command for now. "Alright My Master tells me that I shouldn't bother with you Caster. I'll control myself for now so be grateful that he's more open minded than I am." Saber stated with resentment as she turned he back to Caster and began to walk away. "I'm leaving...have your stupid building." Saber grumbled as she jumped off the edge of the building with one jump and made her way to another one a few buildings over. She didn't bother to turn into her spiritual form. Everyone knew she was here anyways.
    "Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, I will be the one to stand in the heavens." - Sosuke Aizen, Bleach

Im extremely well-rounded, Though mature Roleplays and romance are my strong points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"Hm...everything seems in order..for the most part.. Let me triple check..just to be sure.." A young Magus by the name of Julius mumbled to himself within his home. He casually scratched his head, parting the hair that made up his bangs to reveal wide open eyes with visible dark bags underneath them from lack of sleep. He was in a very spacious room, it's shelves filled to the brim with makeshift pottery, art supplies and other oddities. Within the center was..a large summoning circle, a pentagram carefully put together, one with a specific purpose. That purpose was to call forth the servant that would fight for him in the upcoming Holy Grail War.

"There's no going back now, not that I intended to give up such an opportunity in the first place. Well-" He would say, cutting his rambling short, and one last time going over the instructions written down with a very old dusty book he possessed. Calmly yet silently, Julius shut his eyes, and began to chant, muttering incantations to himself while the pentagram before began to illuminate eerily, and that glow would only intensified as he continued on, his own voice increasing in volume.

"Warrior who serves with their eyes clouded in chaos.. bound by chains within the cage of madness.. I am the one who commands those chains! Come forth...Berserker!" As Julius shouts that last portion of the chant, the already blinding light intensified even more so, until he had to forcefully shut his eyes again, the sudden burst of energy from the summoning causing his art to shake and fall off of the shelves.

The intense light had died down, and moments afterward ceased completely. Julius opened his eyes as he tried to adjust them to the shadowy figure in front of him. He didn't have very..high expectations from the start, but his visions focusing on the petite feminine figure in front of him confused him just a little bit.

A young girl in a frilly white and red dress, a red hood covering her head, and a small woven basket tightly within her grasp. Her skin was a pale white..her hair almost not too far off in terms of coloration, and eyes with a deep red hue, staring directly into Julius's own. The spaced out look on her face eventually turned into a smile, as she approached the still dumbfounded Magus on the floor of the room. "Why do you look so surprised? You are my master aren't you? What's your name mister?"The young girl asks, awaiting a reply. There was this innocence in her tone of voice, but at the same time surely there was something lurking beneath that almost innocently childish demeanor. She was of the Berserker class at the end of the day.

"h...yes, yes I guess you can say I'm your Master. I did..summon you after all. You honestly aren't what I expected, but I have no right to judge. Nevertheless, My name Is Julius, Julius Lavada. From here on out, you and I are a team. There is a war coming, and I will need your aid if we're to win this, or at the very least try our best to. I'm new to being a Master so please bare with me." Julius would explain...and unexpected smile spreading across his face for a moment before fading.

"I'll do my best as well, Master."She would say before taking a look around the room she was in curious about the strange clay ornaments among other things. It seemed as though her master was some sort of artist, how intriguing! "Would you mind showing me around your home? It looks really interesting."

"Ah..how rude of me, yes let's do that." Julius would respond, giving her a faint confirming nod as he got to his feet, and dusted himself off a little. While Berserker casually wandered to different portions of his art room, he couldn't help but wonder why she was still able to retain her sanity to such an extent. She seemed to interact with him so.. normally. He wasn't an expert on servant classes by any means, but normally berserker's traded their sanity, and cooperation with their master's for raw power and agility..by appearance alone, his Berserker didn't even look the part. Was there an issue with the summoning process? No way..he made sure to follow every step as properly as he could. However there was nothing he could do now outside of rolling with the punches..?Maybe this was a good thing though? To have their would be enemies guessing? Her actual combat ability was unknown at this current time however. Time would to tell, this was a lot to digest at the moment. For now he'd show her around, and hopefully try integrate her his normal routine until the time would come when they both would gather among the other participants for the Holy Grail War..what an interesting turn of events this will be.

---------------

The cold evening air caused Julius to groan. He honestly wasn't very fond of such cold weather, but it couldn't be helped since the cathedral was located here, and the War would take place here within Fuyuki City in Japan. "I was never fond of the cold..makes it harder to concentrate..especially on my work. On top of that, we're late to such an important gathering.." he mumbled, clad in suitable cold weather attire, mittens and all. However one hand lacked a mitten, his right hand within in was a decently sized lump of modeling clay, which he was constantly squeezing and forming within his hand despite the cold. It was a means of keeping his mind at ease to a certain extent. He honestly wasn't the most stable person when he had no material to work with. Thankfully due to his prowess in the school of earth magecraft he could make some on the fly with an insignificant amount of mana.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault for not waking you up sooner. You barely sleep as is..s-so I wanted you to get some well deserved rest, Master."Berserker would say in an almost apologetic time of voice as she walked very close to him, also properly clothed to help deal with the cold weather. Over the short time she had spent with Julius as is, she's really grown to worry about his well being. She could sense he was an odd one from the jump, but after living with him for a bit he has some very unhealthy habits. Staying up for hours on end making pottery was one of the major ones. She tried to be a mediator of sorts towards his usual habits in an attempt to lessen his exhaustion overall. Despite what would be considered flaws to most, she had grown very fond of Julius. Like a child attached to a parent Except in this case it was more like Berserker took care of him instead of the other way around.

"It's nothing to apologize for.. Just keep a watchful eye on our way there like you usually do. We'll be arriving, at the very least that's better than not showing up at all." Julius replied rather bluntly, continuing onward towards what he assumed to be the proper, and swiftest route towards the cathedral.

The Meeting place came into view in due time, Julius and Berserker were more than likely the latest arrival's. "Ah, here we are.." Julius stated aloud. Surely everyone was already present inside. Berserker seemed on edge already, her normally casual steps becoming much more cautious.

"There are a lot of servant's loitering outside. They most likely belong to the other Master's. It seems I won't be able to join you inside, then will I?"Berserker wore a worried expression as her petite figure looked up at her master.

Julius returned the gaze, for a brief moment trying to seem even a bit more calm in an attempt to ease her uneasiness, and patted her head. "Now, now.. I'm sure the fighting won't start so soon. I probably won't be gone very long either. Do your best not to start any trouble will you? I know it might be difficult, but will you try for me?" Julius would ask this as politely as he could. There weren't any guarantee's but he want even a tiny bit of reassurance. Tensions would be running a little high, and the nature of his servant's class made him worry a bit about interaction without his supervision.

With those last few words he would quietly open the churches doors, and enter, leaving his servant behind temporarily. The sounds of someone making a late entrance once the explanations already seemed to be said and done undoubtably bound to make a few people turn heads. "Apologies for the lateness.." he would say in an attempt at raising his deadpan tone of voice.

Meanwhile, now left to her own devices but given a clear order, Berserker contemplated whether she should've actually approached the servants that didn't seem to be making an effort of concealing themselves, but the worry of unintentionally starting a squabble with a servant made her reconsider that. Instead she opted to avoid unnecessary interaction and keep to herself until her master would return, finding respite on a bench conveniently place under a tree.

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

----Fleur----

Fleur considered the individuals around her thoughtfully, seeing that she at least had an ally in Aiden. He would not have been her first choice, but he seemed to be adequate. As Togami and Leon both - rightfully - raised their suspicions, she inclined her head softly. "Suffice to say, my knowledge comes from an ability that I have at my disposal during the course of this war. It would be unwise for me to share any details with those who might be my enemies in the coming battles. Of course, once I am firmly entrenched in an alliance it would not be such a problem for me to share such information." Her voice remained calm and courteous.

Just then, a newcomer arrived. Fleur watched him curiously and noded her head to him in a simple, but polite greeting.

----Lancer----

Lancer raised an eyebrow, and watched Saber leave with a bemused expression. His gaze turned to Caster, and a smile tugged at his lips. "Well, all this talk of kingship is quite grating on the ears, don't you think? Then, where we come from, it is warriors - and not kings - who are attributed the greatest legends of all. Which is why you are here, I suppose, Caster." His tone was warm, with that playful cryptic quality that indicated he knew more than he was letting on. He twirled his spear, and cocked his gaze at the woman who had been observing the exchange. "And you, too, seem quite the ferocious warrior. It's a pleasure to be in such fierce company."

----Assassin----

Having found no servants lurking in the church perimeter, one of the assassins that had been investigating the area went to stalk Saber instead, keeping a safe distance as the knight had already indicated some knowledge that she was aware of something.

The assassin on the church roof stayed put, watching the exchange between heroes curiously.

The assassin that had been stationed on the path noted the arrival of a newcomer, and alerted the second perimeter-scouting assassin, who began to tail berserker.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 02-09-2017 at 07:04 AM.

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Rider watched the servants squabble, stifling a chuckle. The armored knight- a king, as they called themselves- was acting like a pouty child. It was a laughable sight, but Rider didn't dare share that with her. The servant (Saber, she presumed) looked as if she was going to blow a fuse any moment and start hacking at everyone nearby. An unwise choice, given that they would be outnumbered, but it seemed increasingly likely.

"Let us be civil, here," Rider finally spoke up after the quarrel died down. "We can leave the fighting until-" She was interrupted by the arrival of yet another servant, this one dressed in light armor and carrying a large spear.

Rider smirked as he introduced himself. "Lancer, I presume?" She watched as his magical weapon manifested a spring of water upon the rooftop. "An interesting trick, to be sure," she observed, with a hint of playfulness. Though she kept her guard up, who was to say she couldn't have a little fun?

The servant turned towards Saber with a frown. "You might not want to cause such a commotion, dear," Rider addressed the king like a small child needing to be taught a lesson. "It's not wise to provoke so many, especially when you are alone." Rider watched as Saber stormed off, and sighed. The servant reminded her of a teenage daughter, always whining when they did not get what they wanted.

She paused, receiving a clear message from her master within her head. This war is... different. I'm not sure how to explain it to you now but, simply put, the servants you may be meeting now are all potential allies. Tread carefully. Rider affirmed the message, looking back at the other servants in a new light. Allies, eh? I'm not sure that Saber would cooperate with anyone, but these ones seem at least civil enough. She turned her head at Lancer's compliment. "My thanks, spearman. I might return the favor, if I knew what exactly you can do with that weapon," Rider replied, a trace of a challenge in her voice. Just because he was a potential ally didn't mean they couldn't spar, now could it?

Meanwhile, Sara sat silent in the church, still processing the new information. She glanced at everyone around the room, including a new Master that had just walked in. Fleur and Leon seem nice, she thought, making a list of potential allies, and that Aiden fellow looks respectable enough. Her eyes paused on Lia. Her, though... I'm not quite sure about her. Or Togami, for that matter. He seems awful eager to antagonize everyone here.

Sara spoke up softly. "There are seven of us here now, correct?" Her eyes moved over the group. "Which means we are sort of a full group, if we assume each of us has a different servant." She raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Each of us has a different servant... right?"
    Last edited by Splat; 02-09-2017 at 02:12 PM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Mecha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interactions: Meeting Room

Father Walter welcomed the new young man whom had joined them. He gave him a quick run down of the explanation he had given the others as Leon, and Togami, both eyed each other and then their eyes parted to scan the room. "A rather suspicious statement, and a rather annoying one at that, you could be lying and have found out the information from somewhere in the church. Or you could be telling the truth and be both a dangerous adversary, and ally to have. Your existence in this war makes things even more troublesome to calculate. Always more numbers, and variables aren't there? This is why I despise mathematics..." grumbled Togami as he ignored the new comer in the room and then turned his attention to the girl called Sara.

"That brings me to a question I've been pondering myself....how do we know we're all suppose to be allies. Chances are ONE of us in this room has the same servant class as the others. If we get too trigger happy about 'alliances' here then we will stub our toe on something we didn't see. What if for arguments sake and say that Fleur and Sara have both summoned Caster. They agreed to work together but now the war's rules have drastically changed things around. What happens then? How does the grail enforce this? More over how would we be penalized if we ignore the rulings?" Togami asked as he shifted his to Walter whom finished his conversation with the new boy and then turned to Togami. "Simple...the grail will not allow you to do so. By force. A compulsion will be sent out preventing all but the strongest willed servants in history to not work with the other faction. A command seal like effect if you would..." Walter stated as Leon looked at his feet.

"Then I'm not sure how we can trust each other without giving away our servant's classes. And if we give away the classes openly then it becomes easy to figure out who should target who openly. Gives people an advantage over the others. More over there's no rule dictating we can't all work with two of the same servant class that isn't our own. Let's use the Caster class as an example again. You could be a double agent working to hamper the other caster waiting for an opening or to see who's the strongest of the two. This whole war is turning into one giant mess...I was hoping to prevent more unnecessary death both my servant and I don't like killing innocent people but with an additional seven masters...There may be more destruction around Fuyuki than I'd like to think about." Leon said somberly as he looked at his feet not sure if he should trust his gut feelings or go with a more logical route.
    "Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, I will be the one to stand in the heavens." - Sosuke Aizen, Bleach

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

In the months leading up to the Grail War, Billy Harris had not gone without adequate preparation. Though years of solitude and depression had caused him to do a whole lot of nothing since college... the Grail War along with his newfound magical abilities had given him motivation to get off his lazy arse and put his mind to good use.

And put them to use he did. While this war was among wizards, it took place in a modern era. An era of information and technology... the sort of thing wizards often tended to forget about and neglect to properly employ. Having not been raised as a wizard, Billy did not have this particular handicap. Intelligence was his domain, and technology was his tool. Along with magic. And Archer. He had several tools at his disposal, and he knew better than to favor one while forgetting to include the others in his master plan.

To fight a war, one needed an army. To finance an army, one needed money. Acquiring the money was a simple task, since he could now cheat. Predict the results of a sporting event. Bet on the winner. Rake in the cash. Rinse, repeat. Or do the same with stock market trends... it was so easy to make money in the modern economy when one could divine the future, even if only a short term into the future, as technology made it all so easy and convenient to do so without bothering to leave home.

Money alone wasn't enough, of course... it was just a means to finance his own personal army. Professionals in their fields... information brokers, hackers, various civilian tech experts, even some criminal organizations. Though he didn't interact face to face, the ability to wire money to pay for their services was sufficient enough, as criminals never trusted each other anyway.

In all this, he had purposely excluded mages. Because any mage he might hire could end up an enemy in this war, and in doing so know of him and work to counter his efforts. To the best of his knowledge, the mage community didn't even know he existed, and all of his own personal records still said that he lived somewhere in California, rather than in one of several safe houses that he had established in Fuyuki, Japan. He had considered waging his war entirely from out of country... but that unfortunately hadn't been feasible as he had to come to Japan in order to summon Archer. Still, he considered leaving the city now that the war had begun. He left it as an option on the table.

Now that he had obtained some basic personal information on four separate masters through scanning, it was simply a matter of letting his private army learn the rest. Punching their information into a computer, he sent it out to several of his hackers and other various digital information collectors with the instructions to find everything they could on these people, as quickly as possible, with a reward for whoever provided detailed, useful information in a timely manner.

Within minutes he had various information coming in... most of it basic information that he could review later. But what he wanted most, at the moment, was the ability to contact one of them without having to show his face. They were already forming alliances, after all, foolish though they may be... but it would also be unwise to be the only one without allies in this coming war. An evil overlord was nothing without his henchmen, after all.

Filtering his search, he was able to narrow it down a bit into something useful. Cellular phone numbers. Without knowing much about their servants, yet, all he had to work with was which Masters he felt he could manipulate to his advantage. Plus, it was also nice to pick one that he didn't actually want to kill, and who didn't really have any particular wish to be granted. In this sense, Sara Rosenburg was the best choice... a healer, master of Rider, who seemed utterly clueless as to what all was going on. Plus, her personal phone number was far too easy for his hackers to obtain.

Dialing in the number, the signal filtered through several proxies so as not to betray his location, Billy sent out to call to Sara Rosenburg. Still watching the events in the church, he soon saw her phone begin to ring, and waited for her to answer it.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Im extremely well-rounded, Though mature Roleplays and romance are my strong points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Julius:
    The rundown of the current state of the Grail War was a puzzling affair, but also an interesting one. The first one being that due to the amount of Master's this time around, each of them would have less command seals overall. Usually they would've had 6. 6 command seals..to do what exactly? 6 feels like too many than you might need, but he couldn't have been more wrong. In his case...having extra's on hand would be a godsend considering a Berserker's demeanor in combat. Nevertheless, from what he could gather, there was a possibility of wishes being granted to more than one Master and Servant pair..

The gist of it all was that if he or anyone else chose, they could partner up with one another. Of course there were some steep risks that accompanied that.. for example there was no guarantee that whoever you partnered with would keep their word..they might turn against you in the long run in pursuit of their own goals, and vice versa. There's also the issue of servant compatability. Apparently groups with multiple servants of the same class were prohibited from teaming up, in some cases incompatible by default. In Julius's case there was no way he planned to partner up with another Berserker master even if the option was on the table so he was fine with that. He could see why such a drawn out discussion was being had though, everyone was being cautious of each other, as they should.

"Ah...I see, so that's why everyone seems to be arguing amongst themselves right now.. in actuality the solution is a rather simple one no matter how you look at it. Both choices would put you at a disadvantage in some regard.. Go it alone, and run the risk of getting ganged up on, group up, and run the risk of being betrayed somewhere along the way depending on the company you keep.. There's no real way to gauge trust when we've all just met either.. the nicest of allies, can the be the most treacherous of enemies, and vice Versa. It's complicated at face value...making an attempt at choosing who to trust so soon... but You're aware from the jump about what you're getting into once your servant is summoned, and you start making your way here, to this war. No one said this would be easy. War's in general are never easily won either. In other words, it's a matter of picking your poison.." Julius would state, taking a moment to weigh in on the discussion he had overheard after he finished being briefed by the overseer, still firmly toying and squeezing the clay between the palm of his right hand.

Berserker:
    Although she had been told to try her best to avoid any trouble, the longer she remained seated, the more curious she got about the servant's present within the vicinity of the church, on the rooftop of a nearby building to be exact. Some potentially being her would-be allies or enemies. It was hard to say, for now. She would get up from her bench, and curiously start making her way there by foot at first, making sure to...keep her distance, to a certain extent as opposed to jumping right up to the servants that were already closely gathered on the one roof.

Instead she would make her way onto a rooftop about two buildings away, in which the yard possessed a tree large enough for her to use the foliage as a temporary means of hiding herself. Although at this distance she could probably already be sensed. For now she'd watch at a glance, as a female servant clad in armor seemed to be arguing with a robed servant who appeared quite mellow in comparison, while two others attempted try to have the obvious Saber class servant calm themselves. After an exchange of words, the Saber in question distanced herself, leaving the male lancer, male Caster? and, the other female servant who she couldn't identify just yet to themselves.. they seemed quite calm in comparison to the saber... but should she approach?..Her body had stood out from behind the foliage before she could actually answer her own question, She caught herself halting her advance forward, but now the petite servant was just standing there, staring at them, while seemingly lost in thought.
    Last edited by Junko Enoshima; 02-09-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

-------Aiden--------

Just listening to the conversation that was taking place only made thing worse. It was not like Aiden was going to fully trust the person that decided to team up with him. So he decided to put his two sense in.[color=orange] “Yes,Togami my name is Aden, and to put things into perspective.”[/color[ Adend said as his expression change to a serious one. “What makes you think that I am willing to trust anyone in this room completely. There is no guarantee than anyone in here would be willing to fully divulge information to a possible enemy. Besides look at you now. At one another's throats for the fact of not wanting to accidentally reveal too much about what class your servant is.

Aiden was getting tired of everyone sitting on the side lines. This was getting them nowhere. Looking around the room at the chaos this has brought upon them. The new girl, and man that have yet to say anything on the matter were just standing there. “Now if everyone would stop and realize that his is getting us nowhere then maybe we can come to an consensus, and get this war started. If a decision wasn’t reached soon he would just leave, and try to win this on his own. He was more than confident in Casters skills.

-------Caster-------

Caster didn’t stop Saber from leaving, but in the end they were nothing more that a lonely person that was trying to prove their worth to the world. “A king is a lonely and sad person that never sees the world for what it is. Caster said as he turned his attention from the church back to lancer and the mysterious woman. He know wore a smile on his face as he was addressed by Lancer. Chuckling at his statement. “I have to agree with you Lancer. Warriors are more suited for war. A king is nothing more than a figurehead that commands people like us to fight. Besides that one needs to grow up a little. All of that power, and none of the control to use it. Reminds me of a king alright. Caster said in a more relaxed and joking tone.

Snapping his fingers the runes he had placed earlier disappeared.He looked at Lancer, and something told him that this man might have figured out who he is. And he smiled at the female Servant. “well at least there are some Servants in this war that are level headed. Both of you seem like you take this fight more seriously than the one over there.” Caster said pointing to Saber. They were the worst at keeping their temper, and that little flaw has been revealed to several Servants. It was a poor choice to show one of your weaknesses.

Then he felt the presence of yet another servant. Well that makes six. He said as he turned his attention to the roof of another building. He could see the servant in a white dress, and a red hood and cape. She just stood there like she was in a daze. Why not come and join us we don’t bite. Caster said in an inviting and joking tone. There was no reason not to at least speak to the Servant. Who knew who they would end up partnering with.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast