Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Peaks Academy: Paradigm Shift (OOC/Signup)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default I'm not too late, am I?

I can still apply to join this, right? If so, here's my bio:

Spoiler:  
    Last edited by Daniel_Darkholm; 04-17-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

First, I will review Daniel's character, then move to the S1-Rank characters. Here we go.

Daniel. A good start, but edits are definitely needed. Allow me to point out the issues.

First off, that image is clearly of someone in their early 30s. Everyone else has stylized images of teens and young adults, so please follow that example. Next, I need a belt/band ranking for the Muay Thai. If you need to know those, click HERE. Moving on to the power, I cannot allow a power that is akin to pain immunity or resistance. There are certain powers I never allow, and that is one of them. I will add a list of forbidden abilities to the opening post in a while. For now, I will simply tell you. No pain immunity or resistance, no gravity powers unless they ONLY affect your character (and even then, very limited), no vector manipulation, no nuclear stuff, no lasers, no teleportation, no mind reading.

Lastly... while I sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to include a New Peaks faculty member into your backstory, Weiss is not a lawyer and wouldn't really stick his neck out that far for someone. He is nice and likes to help, but is not really willing to jeopardize his credibility by helping someone with that sort of record to get out of legal trouble. More likely, Daniel entered a plea agreement to incriminate his family in exchange for reduced time and probation. That said, it is your backstory... so you can work it out how you see fit.

All in all, a solid start. Just fix a few things and I think it should be fine.
    Last edited by Salroka; 04-18-2017 at 01:48 AM.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

No problem, I'll try and fix it in the next few hours (battery's low and I have no charger on me)

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

On to the S1-Rank badasses for the Legends Tournament.

1. Albert Bosko. Looks solid enough, Daws. Approved. Side note... please find an image for him.

2. Tina Martel. As expected from Stand, a well-written character and easy approval. Just be sure to note how many years she has practiced her art.

3. Nrajah. Only one issue here. The tail. I get that she is a parahuman, but the plates on the tail in the image are clearly artificial. Armor is not really allowed in sanctioned fights and tournaments. So long as the "armor plated scales" on her tail are just aimilar to those on a snake or other venomous reptile, that will be fine... but armor itself is a no-no. Approved, so long as the above is taken into account.

4. Greta Tannberger, a.k.a. Millia Rage. Since I worked with you a bit on the creation of this character, she is easy to approve. Backstory pushes the site rules a little bit, what with talking about kids and sex... but nothing graphic is mentioned so I THINK it is safe. Also, please list how long she has studied her art. Approved.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I fixed the bio Beta. I think everything looks okay, but I'd appreciate your feedback greatly.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The backstory ia improved and the picture is definitely acceptable, though now there is another issue... he is learning Jiujutsu... from where and since when? A black band in Muay Thai, I can see, given he has been learning it for a decade... but where did the Jiujutsu come from? Nowhere in his story did it mention it.

His power, while better, is kinda... well... hulking out. While not a bad thing, necessarily... it is vague and could be exploited. If you happen to have Skype, I can work with you on the power as well as putting the finishing touches on the backstory.

Other than that, I will approve him for now. We are in a brief downtime, so you may post as long as his power is not used. Until the power is worked out, please do not use it. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Salroka; 04-17-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

No problem man. I'll actually remove the BJJ from there or change it so he's a white belt at the academy. Thanks

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

That works. But if you could add me on Skype, I could help hammer out that power with you far more easily than I can here in the OOC.

My Skype name is... superandroidbeta

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Done my dear.

Welcome Daniel.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Since we are only up to 7 S1-Rank Legends, here is a backup I wrote in case of just such an occasion.

Name: Victoria Fuentes
    Nationality: Brazilian
    Sex/Gender: Female

Fighting Style: Vale Tudo (No Ranking System, 14 year veteran), Brazilian Jiujutsu (Purple Belt)

Power: Deep Blue - So named for the feeling it causes... like one is drowning... Deep Blue is Victoria's ability to increase the atmospheric pressure around herself and her opponent by up to forty times normal. This can have a multitude of effects, including but not limited to the following: Severe Pain, Drastically Increased Blood Oxygenation, Dizziness, Ruptured Blood Vessels, and even Difficulty Moving. Using her ability to the fullest causes her an incredible amount of fatigue, and she is generally incapable of continuing a fight if she ramps it up to that level.

Personality: Ms. Fuentes is not exactly the nicest girl. In fact, she can be downright abrasive. She likes crude jokes, she laughs at toilet humor, she throws things at people she doesn't like, and she kicks the ass of anyone dumb enough to cross her. Sure, she doesn't go out of her way to start shit with people... but she will sure as hell contribute to said shit, should it arise. Victoria knows her ability makes people think she is invincible, and that is just the way she likes it. Confident, brash, and INCREDIBLY skilled, Victoria Fuentes if most definitely one of the more forceful personalities among the legendary S1-Rank alumni.

Backstory: The Fuentes family were once a crestfallen lot, surviving in the Favelas of Rio de Janeiro and selling hand-made trinkets to whomever would buy them. Victoria's mother is an immigrant from Mexico and her father a butcher born and raised in Rio. Her mother, a devout follower of the unorthodox "Nuestra Seņora de la Santa Muerte" faith, quickly saw to the family being avoided by a good majority of the more traditional Christians of the city. Her father, a Christian himself, tried for years to change his lover's faith... to no avail. Victoria decided that her mother was right about the universally sacred aspects of death, but only after a life-changing event... her father's untimely demise.

A girl of only nine when she received the news, she was barely old enough to realize what had happened, and asked her mother many questions. Wanting her child to come to terms with the tragedy, Victoria's mother taught her all about Santa Muerte and the Skinny Lady's power to protect life and to end it as well. In time, Victoria decided that her father's constant attempts to shake her mother's faith had upset Santa Muerte, and that his death was nothing more than one of her "miracles". After all, sometimes Gods needed to show others that they were most certainly real. However, that rationalization did not make life any less difficult for the family. In fact, they were barely able to put food in their bellies most nights. The Santa Muerte trinkets were popular with tourists, but they rarely ventured far into the Favela so the trinkets did not sell all that well overall.

It was in her tenth year that things began to change for the Fuentes family. One of the local boys was harassing her mother, and Victoria set upon him like a vicious animal. Kicking, punching, biting, scratching, and so on. The boy's friends tried to intervene, and succeeded in stopping her attack... but only after one was kicked in the testicles, another had an eye popped by an intruding thumb, and another suffered two broken ribs. Now... police presence is very limited in the favelas, so no one really got arrested... but the sheer violence of the young girl's assault got the attention of one of Rio's notoriously corrupt officers, who saw the chance to make money. It was then that the ten year old girl was introduced to Vale Tudo... and she never got a chance to look back. Not that she wanted to, of course.

Vale Tudo was a natural fit for the scrappy young girl. Doubly so, given her newly-found devotion to Santa Muerte. Now obviously, she couldn't be thrust into a blood sport with no training. That ate up two years of her life. Being told how to hurt others, stop them from hurting her, to cripple limbs, to cut off blood flow, and generally how to fight like someone with nothing to lose. Her first fight was against a boy about a year older than her... with one eye. It was the same boy she had injured when she saved her mother. He had no chance. Victoria's ability manifested from a combination of the inborn potential she possessed, and the rage she felt when confronted with someone who had taken joy from harming her family. The boy's life ended that day... but Vale Tudo literally means "anything goes". Victoria was declared the winner, and given her share of the prize money.

This continued for just under two years. Victoria fighting in underground Vale Tudo matches to provide for her family, and her mother selling trinkets to those who would buy them. It worked well enough, really. Victoria liked the fighting, her mother was safe from most thugs who didn't want their eyes torn out, and Santa Muerte was pleased by the shows of strength and devotion. However, Victoria would soon be given a new chance to show her strength. New Peaks Academy, a school specifically for gifted fighters... that was what the man told her. A talent scout for the school had caught wind of the talented young cage fighter, and wanted to offer her a chance at a better life. Initially perplexed, Victoria asked her mother for advice. "Santa Muerte is giving you a chance, dear. There are many people out there for you to show your fearlessness and strength. I say you go. Prove to them that Santa Muerte is... in your corner, so to speak."

Obviously, she accepted the offer and was given a free ride to New Peaks Academy under the "Talented Teens" outreach program. Her meteoric rise through the ranks was due to a combination of her special ability and her sheer ferocity. Few relished going against her, and she won five consecutive tournaments. Her streak was only broken due to the fact she was in the detention hall after severely injuring another student in an unsanctioned match. She then won both tournaments during her senior year, leading many to think she would have been the first (and only) student to win every tournament during their four years at New Peaks. Needless to say, her promotion to the rank of S1 was not questioned by anyone. Upon her graduation, she immediately returned to Rio de Janeiro and her mother. Proud to see what a splendid woman Victoria had become, her mother was completely overjoyed. Soon, their lives were the same as ever: Victoria winning prize fights and her mother selling Santa Muerte trinkets.

In time, Victoria began a somewhat less stressful job as one of the bouncers for the fighting ring. Anyone got too sauced or couldn't pay up, she would rough them up and toss them out. This also gave her the free time to learn a fair amount of Brazilian Jiujutsu over the last three years. The only thing that interrupted that happy life was a call from New Peaks. Apparently there were finally enough S1 alumni to hold a small tournament composed only of legendary fighters. Victoria agreed to take part almost immediately, thrilled to be able to fight opponents of apparently equal caliber.
    Last edited by Salroka; 04-18-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast