Page 1831 of 2366 FirstFirst ... 1781182918301831183218331881 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,310 of 23658

Thread: [M] Unexpected Deadly Romance (Me and NoviDome)

March Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian gritted his teeth as he read through her spreadsheet. This must have taken an incredible amount of time. She had definitely been working on this before his course had started. And Alicia was right: she was clearly determined to finish his job. Gods, he hated this.
    Before doing anything else, he ran several virus scanners, including one he had developed himself, over the entire contents of his computer. Just in case she had included something shady.

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nothing nefarious was placed in the email. It was just as Lauren had sent it, a challenge.

Made by .Karmz. ! She is simply the best!

Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian watched as all the scans came up clean. He sighed softly and started to type up a reply. 'Dear Miss Welkin,' he started. 'You should take into consideration that the Phantom may have had helpers on the inside. They could be male too. Also, you said I missed several leads, but I only see one really. Also, I'd like you to stay the fuck away from this SHELVED case and my wife, where did you even find all this information, you're crossing a line, again, I' Julian stopped and deleted everything, taking a deep breath. He then just typed: 'Dear Miss Welkin, If you have questions about the course, I'm all ears. I don't have time or energy for this. Don't forget your homework. Kind regards, Professor Haynes.' He read it over once more before hitting 'send'.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After a few minutes, Lauren responded with another email. "Professor Haynes, The Phantom is a part of my thesis for my masters. I am looking for advice on the profiling of the Phantom and possible associates. Cordially yours, Lauren Welkin." She sent it with a smirk. He certainly was closed lip about the phantom. No matter. In this email, she included a virus. Hopefully with the first gone through clean, this one would not be scanned. She waited for his response eagerly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian was replying to another e-mail when her response arrived. He opened the e-mail, read it carefully, and sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose and typed back: 'Dear Miss Welkin. I'm sure you can find everything you need for your masters thesis in the archives you've been looking at and in my lecture notes. If not, the person to approach would be your thesis supervisor. Kind regards, Professor Haynes." He sent the e-mail and sat back, collecting himself. After about a minute he went back to replying to other students' e-mails. Some of them asked questions about the homework, and he answered them. Others asked more in-depth questions about the material. Those took him a little longer to reply to, but overall none of them were Lauren-level questions, so he didn't really have to think about it. He could refer back to his own material a lot of the time.
    After about six e-mails, Julian got around to one that had a file attached. He frowned a little as his internal alarm bells went off. What if Lauren wasn't the only one trying to pry? He downloaded the file and looked at it for a second. Then, he ran all of his virus scanners again over his entire computer, and went to grab a drink.
    When he came back, he was surprised to see his own scanner had quarantined a file. It was now cut off from any files, systems, and connections he had. He frowned as he sat down with his cup of tea, examining the details.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She received his email and smiled. He didn't scan for another virus. Perfect. She waited for the virus in her previous email to start working before she gained access to his files. She made it herself. It wasn't the most complicated but it was effective. She couldn't see what all he was doing on his computer, but she could copy files onto her own. She also searched his trash to see if anything deleted there was useful. She simply did a mad dash of copying files, not quite looking through them but skimming in order to make the most of her probably limited time. She was about to delve deeper when suddenly, she was cut off. He found the virus. She looked at the files she had stolen. Well. It did its job. She had thirty files saved from his computer onto hers. She turned off the internet to her computer and started looking through them. She got what she needed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The only files Julian kept on his computer were administration, university files, and pictures of his family. As a precaution, he had never stored any classified information anywhere. He sipped his tea as he looked at the virus's meta data. This had to have come from one of the students. He checked the time of creation, and noticed it was a little while ago. It couldn't have been that last file. It had to have been hidden in what seemed like a simple plaintext email. His gut told him he knew damn well who it was, but he needed to check. He looked at the time he had received Lauren's email. He had opened it right away, he remembered that. He clenched his fist. The time corresponded. He briefly wondered if that would be proof enough for the university. He wanted her kicked out of school for this. He grunted and closed his laptop. He was pissed off. Even if he had no sensitive files... Any information she got about him was trouble. Besides, she had bested him, however briefly, and it annoyed him terribly. He could try to find hard evidence this was hers, but he doubted he would. She was smart. Still, he took a deep breath and opened up his laptop again. He would examine every last bit of her file if he had to.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alicia walked in and smiled at Julian. "Hey baby. Ready for bed?" She asked as she rubbed his shoulders. She noticed how tense he was and she was a bit concerned. "Julian? What's wrong?" She looked at the screen and saw that he was looking at a piece of code. "Are you making a program? I thought you stopped doing that."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"It's not mine," he muttered, clearly frustrated. "It's hers. She fucking infected me." He scrolled through her code, desperately looking for a signature, a variable name, anything that would lead back to her. He traced the file's journey, but it seemed like she had used a strong VPN... He couldn't lead this file back to her IP address. He went back to her e-mail and opened it again. If it was a hidden file with an automatic download, which it must be if it had placed itself on his computer like that, he would have to get it again now. He was willing to risk exposing his system again if that was what it took. She had officially started a war with this virus. It was no longer playful and annoying. This was a criminal offense. He had half a mind to send the police to her house, but he knew he needed evidence.
    He immediately disconnected from the network and ran his virus scanner again, and it quarantined a second file. He narrowed his eyes and looked it over. It looked exactly the same. "Did I get you?" he muttered, looking it over a second time. She had made the mistake of using an e-mail. Whatever was in his inbox now, she couldn't touch it anymore, unless with a second, different virus. But he would think twice about opening another e-mail from her. No. He would take this straight to the examination board.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She narrowed her eyes as she realized what he was saying. "Did she really sent you a virus?" She asked softly. She watched as he did some more digging. He was muttering to himself. This girl really got under his skin but she couldn't help but to smile and shake her head. "She's just like you." She said softly. "What are you going to do?"

Page 1831 of 2366 FirstFirst ... 1781182918301831183218331881 ... LastLast