Page 3 of 2366 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Unexpected Deadly Romance (Me and NoviDome)

October Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She watched as he reached for the papers. She was slightly disgusted at the fact that his pen was in his mouth. She made a mental note to not touch it. Ironically she had dealt with worse things and was not disgusted. But sometimes getting into her boring persona went the extra mile and made Alicia the secretary have her own set of concerns or pet peeves. "Be sure that you do. If you have any questions, one of the others can help you and in forty minutes I can help you since I am going on my lunch right now." She turned to leave his office. She had a boring sandwich waiting for her in the break room.

Made by .Karmz. ! She is simply the best!

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Alright, Alicia. Thank you," he said politely, watching her leave. He couldn't help but feel like she didn't like him too much. He couldn't quite point out why he felt that way, there was just... something about her aura. He shrugged it off. The coffee had given him enough energy to tackle this case and those papers easily today, and he wanted to put it to good use instead of worrying about what the girl next door thought of him. He took his feet off the desk and put the papers aside for now. He finished reading the file and put it down. He highlighted the name of the bystander that had saved the man from the office building, and got up to stretch before grabbing his lunch from his bag and making his way to the break room as well.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alicia sat in the back corner, facing anyone else who would enter the break room. She liked having her back towards the wall. It was safer. Plus this way she could hear anything interesting that was going on. Especially if it might help out with her night job. She was opening her lunch box and pulled out each item one at a time. Her ham sandwich. A bag of veggie chips, yogurt and a bottle of water. Another boring lunch. She actually ate the same thing for lunch everyday. No one suspected or knew who she really was. Granted, much of that was because she was so good at hiding just how different she was from the average Mary Sue or whatever.

Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian ran into Ronald along the way, and gave him a short wave. "How are those files coming along?" Thonas asked, laying a light hand on his shoulder as they entered the break room.
    "I finished reading them. I take it you looked into the hero bystander from that fire yesterday?" Julian asked, sitting down.
    "We did. But he has an alibi for all four fires. Airtight." Julian nodded, recalling his witness statement.
    "I'm thinking it's him. We just need to find out a way to prove it."
    Last edited by NoviDome; 02-09-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alicia listened to the three men's conversation. Interesting. She had heard them speak of this particular case before. Seen the reports on the news. It was an interesting one. But it wasn't her job. And so far, her other job hadn't inspired her to take interest in it yet. So far. So good. Granted, difficult cases like this have led to deaths before. FBI deaths by her hand. She had access to their addresses, their habits. It was easy. Single bullet to the head on the way home from work. She took a bite of her sandwich, casually listening even if it didn't look like it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"You're on fire already, aren't you?" Ronald joked, sitting down with the other two. "Why do you think it's him?" Julian looked at him as if he had asked him the strangest question.
    "...Arsonists always stick around."
    "Arsonists?"
    "Yes...? The other fires?"
    Ronald gave him a pensive look. "We considered they were connected, but we found no evidence... only circumstantial."
    Julian frowned. "So you just dropped it..?"
    Ronald gave him an uncomfortable look. "...We were chasing other leads first."
    "You don't need other leads, this is the guy," Julian stated. Ronald and Thomas exchanged a look. They weren't sure whether they liked this new guy.
    "Julian, we have to consider all angles."
    He looked at Ronald, about to contradict him, but he noticed by Ronald's body language he was being too pushy. "...Sure, you know, you do you."

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She watched him curiously. This guy already was on a case? A serious one too it seemed. The case had been set aside alrrwdy and here's this got shot, looking to probably get some promotion. She will have to keep a close eye on him. Being this pushy, he might even start on her ever growing case file. We can't have that. She might as well figure out how he thinks. "Why do you think its the hero who started the fires? What would his motive be?" She inquired.
    Last edited by Sparkz; 02-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian looked over at her, not having expected a question from her direction. He felt like he must be causing some sort of minor scene for her to get involved, which was not a good thing to do on a first day. And he was way too tired to get into a discussion. Yet, he couldn't let her question go unanswered.
    "...What is ever a motive for arson? It's either anger or excitement, and my bet is on the latter. All other recent fires were empty buildings. This one was supposed to be too, except that one man was working late. The fire started at 11 pm in the outskirts of town. There are hardly any residences there. Yet somehow this man is in the area, hears the man scream, goes inside, successfully manoeuvres himself through a burning building without any history in fire fighting or anything like it, finds the guy and safely brings him back outside just as authorities are arriving. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a bachelor's degree in architecture and a matchbox in his pocket. He likes setting fires, he likes to stay and watch them too. But he doesn't like to kill. That was a step too far. He was too scared to have that on his conscience, because he's not an evil man, at least in his own head. So he had to stray from his usual protocol and play the hero. If police hadn't already arrived on the scene, I'm sure he would have vanished."

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She listened to his explanation behind his thoughts. It made sense to be honest. For him to come up with all of this within a few hours, this man was certainly intelligent. He looked young too. Much younger than the other detectives in fact. Some sort of prodigy then. She nodded as he finished. "Then his alibis, what about them? As you said, his alibis was airtight. You can connect him to the one fire for sure, not so much the other fires." She said. It was obvious that she has been a secretary here for a while. She has learned a lot about investigating into crimes. Either that, or there was more to her than her common appearance.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He gave her an investigating look. It was strange to discuss cases with a secretary, but the others seemed to be fine with it, he concluded after a quick glance in their direction. She was a lot smarter than any secretary he had worked with before, and it made him wonder about her.
    "...Proxies," he said simply. "Allies. Or time delays. He could have set up explosions and watched the fires on the news, or through hacked street cameras. That may have been his starting strategy, but then this last time... he wanted more."

Page 3 of 2366 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast