Page 1 of 2366 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Unexpected Deadly Romance (Me and NoviDome)

October Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default [M] Unexpected Deadly Romance (Me and NoviDome)

Every day seemed the same. Wake up. Go to work. Do meaningless chores. Eat lunch. Return to boring desk job. Go home. Eat. Go to bed. Or, that is what Alicia Granger would have you think. She worked a boring desk job. She wore boring clothes. Owed a boring car. Lived in a boring apartment. She took massive steps to make her life as boring and plain as possible. All the hide the fact that she was anything but boring.

Alice was an assassin.

One of the best actually. She was quite good at her job and no one was on her trail as of yet. No one suspects to lowly secretary. She simply takes your calls, schedule your appointments, and takes notes. She was anonymous and very dangerous. Her jobs were posted in code in plain few of everyone on popular cat videos. Only reason for that was because she owned three cats. No one would think twice about a cat owner looking at cat videos.

She got paid in chunks of cash or transfers into her account by an "Uncle Dave". It was quite clever actually. No one ever suspected. No one ever knew. She dressed modestly so as to not draw attention to her stunning body. She was rather fit bit her clothes hid most of her toned muscles. She did everything to hide the fact that she was a murderer of rich corrupt men or squealers.

Alicia knew how and where to kill them without a trace DNA or evidence. It got so bad that the FBI began calling her to Phantom simply due to the lack of video evidence or physical evidence of the killer other than the wounds or poison. In rare moments, Alicia took pride in her work and flawless record. It kept her busy in her boring life. All in all, it was well worth it.

Today, Alicia went about her usual boring civilian life. She was just heading to work and headed towards her usual coffee shop. She wore a long sleeved grey sweater dress that went to her knees. Underneath, she wore black tights and sensible flats. Her black hair was tied up into a bun and her makeup was minimal. She was just another person in line for coffee.
    Last edited by Sparkz; 02-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Made by .Karmz. ! She is simply the best!

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The door bell rang as another person entered the coffee shop. He was a striking young man, whose handsomeness was only undermined by the dark circles under his eyes. They were no stranger to the others in this shop, yet on his face they stood out like dirty marks on a newly bought sweater. They did not belong, but they were regular visitors to his demeanor. His dark hair was tied up into a small bun on the crown of his head, and he was wearing thin-rimmed glasses. He was dressed in a decent blazer with a white shirt and jeans underneath. Professional, yet a little casual as well. It was just the way he liked it.

Julian hadn't slept too well that night. He had just finished unpacking the night before, and it had taken a toll on his mood. He hadn't brought many pictures into his new home, and for that he was grateful; he would have slept a lot worse if he had. Still, he had ended up staying up late, something he truly regretted right now.

Today was his first day at his new job, and he was starting off on the wrong foot: not looking forward to it at all. That is why he had decided to treat himself to a nice hot cup of coffee to lift his spirits. After all, he was perfectly aware that one's mood was created by oneself, and not to be taken too seriously. It should never, ever affect one's work.

He sighed softly when he saw the size of the queue, and quietly lined up. Taking out his phone, he decided to play a small brain-training game to kill the waiting time. Deep down he knew these games were useless, but it was the only thing in the app store he could moderately enjoy.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alica heard the bell ring and she sighed to herself. Another poor soul needed coffee to start their day. She only did it since it was something that most people did. She had to blend in as part of her boring life. So very boring. But it was the boring life that she lived for the public that made her secret job all the more exciting. The coolness of the night and the rush of the kill made this boring life all the more boring. But alas, she knew that she had to hide. Pity.

As she waited in line, she looked at her phone to check the time. Still plenty of time to arrive at her job. Not that she cared about it. She didn't even need it to pay the bills. She simply needed it to keep her boring persona realistic. She waited patiently in line until it was her turn. She smiled at the cashier and ordered a chocolate latte with whipped cream. She gave the barista her name and paid. She stepped aside for the tired man behind her.

She watched him out of the corner of her eye. The man was new to the shop. Or at least, she's never seen him before and she sees everyone. Interesting. He had been playing an app game until it was his turn. But the bags under his eyes told the story of his lack of sleep. She briefly wondered if this was a normal thing. Then she realized that she didn't actually care.

Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian rubbed his eyes under his glasses as he put his phone away to make his order. "Yes, hi, I'll uh... I'll have a double espresso please," he murmured, glancing at the menu rather than the barista. He calmly gave her his name when she asked, and paid for his drink. When she told him his order would be done shortly he gave a short nod and stepped out of the line.

His hand was still on his phone even though it was in his pocket now, and he unconsciously took it out again. Unlocking it was like blinking to him, it happened without him having to think about it, and before he knew it he was checking his e-mail for the fifth time that morning. His thoughts wandered back to a couple of articles he had read about smartphone addiction, and he bit his lips when he realised yet again that he had most probably fallen victim to it. He needed input, he needed stimuli to keep himself from getting bored. Or maybe he was just nervous for the day.

He forced himself to put his phone away and look around. He watched the barista prepare the drink of the girl that had come before him, and his eyes soon landed on her. She seemed your average gray mouse, but she had a pretty face. Judging by her clothes, she probably worked a desk job. He silently prayed his job was going to be different. He was fairly sure he would go insane if he had to spend all of his days in an office.
    Last edited by NoviDome; 02-06-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She only barely paid attention to his order. The double espresso order though did confirm just how tired he was. She was right about that. But if you had the eye for it, you could see that he was stressed. Poor man. She briefly wondered what his job was. Alicia waved away that thought however. It mattered not. The only place she would ever see him would be in the coffee shop.

She glanced at the time again. Just something to pass the time. The man next to her had the same idea. Where her action was very much a conscious effort, his was automatic.Must be a nervous habit for something. Or his job required him to be on his phone a lot. Interesting. That probably points to his job being high stress. He looked roughly her age too. Interesting. She noticed as he almost seemed to struggled looking up from his phone. So he was aware of his addiction. Smart man.

As his eyes wandered to her, she kept her eyes forward, watching the girl prepare her drink. It was almost done. The man wasn't done looking her over. She sighed internally. Of course this smart man would be able to see through her plain facade to see her natural beauty. As her name was called, she smiled and stepped forward and took her drink. "Thank you." she said cheerfully before taking a sip. She turned around and in a rare form of clumsiness that she was very unfamiliar with, she tripped. Normally, she would be able to catch herself with no hitch. And she did... with the added reflex and tensing her hand. Her hand tensed and squeezed her malleable cup and her hot latte spilled all over the stranger behind her. She blinked as she stood up straight. "Oh... oh sugar!" she cursed. "I'm so sorry. I truly didn't mean it!" she sounded genuine in her concern as she grabbed several napkins.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian had been lost in thought a little since the barista had called the girl's name. When she turned and spilled her coffee on him, his eyes widened and he stepped back, quickly pulling his shirt away from his chest and stomach as the hot drink drenched it to keep his skin from getting burned. He let out a stuttering sigh, using his clean hand to transfer his phone from his front to his back pocket to keep it safe. "Gods..." What a way to start the day. He shook his other hand to get the coffee off, since it was still very hot, and looked up as Alicia came back with napkins. He offered her a slight smile and took his blazer off to keep it clean.

"Don't worry about it, miss... We all trip up every now and then." He pressed his lips together ever so slightly as he dried his hand with one of the napkins she had brought over, knowing his statement to be very true. When his hand was dry, he pressed the napkin against his shirt and looked up at her. "At least I'll smell good today," he tried to joke.

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alicia instantly felt bad as the man sighed. He was already tired and now he had a coffee stained shirt. The poor man probably would have to go home and change. She tried to smile back but it was strained. What would a normal, boring person do in this situation?! She didn't know. She had never seen this happen before in reality.

She tried to smile at his attempt to make her feel better, but she was shaken. She, the Phantom assassin, just tripped and fell into a complete stranger, ruining their shirt. She was always so careful going past security measures. So carefully at avoiding traps, and yet she just tripped and fell like everyone else. As his attempt at joking, she forced herself to laugh a bit. "Yeah... If you like the smell of coffee. Listen, is there anything I can do to make up for this?" she asked. That was what a normal person would do. She hated being in someone's debt though. Damn those social norms!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Julian shook his shirt back and forth to help it dry. "I do, actually," he murmured as a reply to her comment about liking the smell of coffee. "It helps me stay awake." He looked at her. Part of him wanted to take her up on her offer. This was a really nice shirt, after all, and why should he let a stranger ruin it? He didn't have time to change either, so he was going to have to walk around with it all day... But he hadn't lied when he'd said he liked the smell, so that really wasn't a problem, and his blazer would cover the stain anyway. Besides, he was way too tired to add resolving that hassle to his stack of work, and she seemed genuinely shaken by her own mistake. She hardly deserved the repercussion.

"You know what, it's fine... I just need a couple more napkins."

Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

She smiled at him. She was relieved that he didn't mind the smell of coffee, but she still felt rather bad about it. A new feeling, there was no doubt about that. She waited for her sentence and her debt to him. Let's just say that she was pleasantly surprised to find that he didn't take her up on her offer. Didn't that make her even more in his debt? She wasn't actually sure. But she handed him a few more wads of napkins. "Again, I'm really sorry about your shirt." she insisted. "Truly, I am." Remorse was a strange feeling.

By this time, the barista had finished his coffee as well as made another one for Alicia.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He took the napkins and dabbed them on his shirt, trying to at least keep his blazer from getting dirty. "I know... Don't worry about it... I'll get a new one. It's fine." He flashed her a smile as he looked up at the barista when she called his name. "Ah, yes... thank you," he said, taking the cup. He took a quick sip and nodded happily. The drink on his shirt had shaken him awake, and the espresso was making him feel better. He set his cup down on one of the tables and put his blazer back on, still pressing some napkins to his shirt. He glanced at his watch and he noticed he was running late. "I've got to run, excuse me," he said, picking up his cup. He gave the barista a short wave, and then gave the lady in front of him a nod before turning, grabbing his shoulder bag, and leaving the store.
    Last edited by NoviDome; 02-07-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2366 12351 ... LastLast