Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borrowed Time in a New World

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Slice of Life, Romance, Adventure, Romance
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Fantasy Borrowed Time in a New World

@Lu321

It was an average evening in the town of St Cloud, Minnesota. It was storming outside with lots of thunder and lightning, and in order to try and drown out the noise and help calm herself down, Annabelle flicked her ears as she picked up her guitar and plugged it into the amplifier she had set up.

She flipped the switch to turn the amplifier on and strummed a few chords. However, at that moment, a bolt of lightning struck the electricity line that ran to her house, through the outlet to her amplifier and then up to her guitar and into her body.

However, instead of electrocuting her, there was a flash of light and a crackling sound as she found herself in a completely different place, a field near a town she knew nothing about.

The light at the very least, could be seen from the town, which likely drew the attention of the people that resided there.

Still in a bit of shock and dazed from what had happened, she flicked her ears and swayed her tail, "W-what just happened to me?" she asked, even though as far she knew, there was no one around.
    Last edited by LazyFerret; 07-20-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Romance, slice of life, fantasy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

It was a stormy day in the city of King's Landing, the capital of the elvish kingdom of Tuaria. Adrie had been working in the fields most of the day, making sure the weather wouldn't destroy the crops. It was a big job, seeing as the crops took up almost a hundred acres of land. She had her usual dress on, a white and silver dress that showed off her thin figure, along with a cloak to keep the rain out of her face.

Everything was going fine until she saw a bright flash of light, then heard a clearly freaked out voice. Looking around, she noticed another girl standing in the fields who hadn't been there before. The girl was also clearly not an elf, with her cat ears and a tail swishing out behind her. Adrie stood there for a moment, wondering what to do.

Walking up slowly to the girl, she took the walking stick she had been using and brandished it like a sword."Who are you?" She asked, staying back far enough to not scare the poor girl. Frowning, she waited for an answer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@Lu321

Annabelle looked around the field, thinking something along the lines of Great, this is like something out of one my anime shows. She shrugs her shoulders and soon saw the young elf approaching her, A bit revealing, isn't it? she would think to herself about the dress that the elf girl was wearing.

She was about to try and look around for a town or city, when she heard the elf speak to her, her tone was soft, but she was brandishing a walking stick like a sword. "O-oh uhm..well my name is Annabelle Cheshire, and you are?" she'd ask in a little bit of a sarcastic tone, while realising she was still holding her guitar, she used the strap to have it against her back instead.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

@LazyFerret;

Hearing the sarcasm in the girl's voice, Adrie's eyes narrowed. "First, tell me where you came from. Aare you one of the teleporters? Or maybe a catfolk with strange magic?" She wished she had brought her bow with her. That would have made her look a lot more intimidating.

Sighing, she pulled her hood down, setting the stick on the ground. Threats weren't going to get her anywhere. "I am Adrie of King's Landing, huntress of the lodge and royal forager." She hoped that introductions would make it easier to get information from the girl named Annebell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@Lu321

Noticing Adrie lower her hood and place the stick down, Annabelle relaxed a little. "Teleporters?" She would ask "No, at least I don't think so" she would sit down "I come from America, but going by the name of where you are from and your appearance, you probably don't know what America is" she'd say, thinking for a moment "I suppose put it this way, America is a country on Earth" she'd look to her, her tail still swaying.

After momentarily pause, Annabelle decides to tell Adrie how she came to be in the field, starting with how she was struck by lightning through her guitar and found herself in the field.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

@LazyFerret;

"I have never heard of this earth. We are on Dianon, in Tuaria. I have never heard of America either." Adrie said, raising her eyebrow in confusion. She wondered if Annebell had suffered a head injury that made her talk of odd lands.

As she heard the explaination, it became clearer who the girl was. "So a guitar is the contraption on your back? Interesting... Pappi might know about where you came from. If you would like to travel to the village, I could take you to him?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@Lu321

Annabelle listened to Adrie and nodded, "Yes, definitely not on Earth anymore, and yes, this is my guitar, it's a musical instrument" she'd say, her tail not swaying behind her anymore, as the confirmation of her being in another realm all together, had kind of made her ears droop and her tail flick.

"I...yes please, could you please take me to see this Pappi,hopefully there is a way back home" she'd say, following Adrie into the town.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

@LazyFerret;

"Put this cloak on. Less questions will be asked upon your arrival. Come and follow me, and I will take you to him." She handed the girl her cloak, the cold air hitting her skin seeming not to bother her. The dress she was wearing was while, adorned with gold beads a few shades darker than the color of her hair. The middle of the dress had a slit on each side, showing the skin of her side, along with the neckline being cut low. As hard as it was to believe, this was considered more conservative than what many of the women in the town wore.

Leading Annebell into town, she looked around. Most people were in their houses, which was good. Adrie motioned for Annebell to follow, sneaking around until she had reached a shop. Going inside, she shouted. "Pappi! I have a sort of big problem..."

An old man, a human, hobbled out of the back room. Seeing the two girls, he frowned. "You two better not be runnin away. I told Adrie that bein foolish..." he paused, looking at Annebell more closely. "Who is this girl and where did she come from?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@Lu321

Annabelle just nodded as she would put the cloak on to hide her ears, and hopefully her tail. As they walked into the town, she'd look around and smile a little, but she did also wonder if things like electricity existed there. They walked to the small shop and she would then see the one that Adrie would call Pappi, and was somewhat relieved to see it was a human.

"H-hello sir, my name is Annabelle and well..I came here from Earth" she'd tell him, explaining to him how she found herself in the field.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

@LazyFerret;

"It has been a long time since I have seen an Earthling. Well, one besides myself. Same thing happened to me back in '94, scept I was holdin a key. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to get ya back. Ive been working on it for years." Pappi said, frowning. "I'm sure Adrie here would love to lodge ya."

Adrie was about to protest, but Pappi glared at her. "Yep. Would love to." Adrie mumbled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast