Thread: General Rules & FAQ

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Default General Rules & FAQ

Rules

1. All RPA forum rules apply.
    2. Mature IC content is allowed, and the main plot will be rated Mature.
    However, mature threads must be labelled with an [M] at the beginning of the thread title,
    and must adhere to RPA's mature rules.
    3. Any plots which will have a significant effect on either the main plot,
    or other players plots must be discussed with a GM.

FAQ

This set up is confusing! How do I join this?

No problem! Here's how it works - after you've read the rules, magic rules, and information thread just fill out the character sheet provided in the sorting hat thread and post your character there. Juni or I will be along in a jiffy to get your character approved!

Once you're approved, you can pop over to the Magical Me section and make a thread for your character! This is for people to plan plots with you, and keep track of your characters' threads, etc. You can make it as simple or fancy as you like.

And what are all these other threads for?

There's quite a few, I know! It might seem like overkill, but as the RP gets bigger, we hope having things organised will make it easier to find what you're looking for. Open the spoiler below for a rundown of the different info threads and what they're for.

Spoiler: Thread Compendium. 

How do I get people to rp with my character?

Easy! Once you've submitted your character here and it's been approved, just make a plot thread for your character (you can make a separate thread for each character you play, if you have more than one) and post it here, with some info about your character and what kind of plots you're looking for. You can also post in this thread and let people know what you're looking for!

You could also look through some of the other characters in the Magical Me section, and post your ideas for interactions between your characters in their threads.

Can I play Voldemort? Or the new super evil villain everyone is afraid of?

While we don't want to restrict the kinds of characters people can play, the rp will become pretty chaotic if every second person is playing a world-dominating supervillian. If there's something about your character that's going to effect the main plot, or the rest of the groups plots in a major way, the GM's will have to discuss it with you before you're approved.

I wanna make a plot about my character going on a killing spree through Hogwarts! You said we could make up our own plots, so that's fine, right?

Like with the question above, while we won't restrict too much when it comes to making your own plots, if the storyline you're planning is going to affect other peoples' plots or the major plot, you need to discuss it with one of the GM's first.

Well, can my character be Quidditch Captain, then? Or Head Boy?

Our plan is that each IC 'Year,' the GM's will announce which students will be made prefects, head boy/girl and Quidditch Captain. But, if you think your character is a good fit for one of these roles, you can definitely let us know in your character sheet!

Quidditch teams will be chosen by the GM's and Quidditch Captain of that House based on In-Character try-outs in the form of an RP.

How do I get House Points?

This thread has all the info you need about House Points, and the current scores.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Update 2/21:

Added information on how to join, and a Compendium of Threads.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!