Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sorting Hat (character submission thread)

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

I would personally think she'd be a better fit for Raven claw, quiet and bookish, but I can see her being in slytherin coz of the isolation and only really trusting herself.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

heaven can't help me now
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Astryd Elkridge
    Blood Status: Half-blood
    Age / DOB: 17 / July 5th
    Current School Year: 6th year
    House: Hufflepuff
    Spoiler: Pet: 

Spoiler: Description 

Personality: ENFP - warm-hearted, faithful, generous, bubbly, open, compassionate, independant, avoidant, easily manipulated by others, underestimated, usually submissive, possibly too open

Virtues/Strengths: Curious, observant, altruistic, energetic and enthusiastic
    Flaws/Weaknesses: Gets stressed easily, highly emotional, independent to a fault, overthinking

Magic Level: 6
    Wand: Pear wood with unicorn hair core, 14 ¼" in length and slightly yielding flexibility, like this
    Patronus: Bloodhound
    Specialties: Legilimens – natural born; has learned to control it but every now and then something, a strong thought or feeling, will slip through. She is also especially talented in charms and transfiguration and an affinity for magical creatures.

History: Astryd was born to the Kenmare Kestrels’ star Chaser, Cace Elkridge, and a muggle, Margie Hayworth, who he met in a pub after a winning match. She had a mixed upbringing – her mother wanted her to learn about the muggle world and her father had her on a broom almost as soon as she could walk. She was very interested about learning about both of her parent’s worlds, but the magic that ran in her father’s blood was strong. Incidents of accidental wandless magic as a child were aplenty, winding up with her parents explaining away (or her father Obliviating) the incidents to other parents, teachers, principals and a handful of classmates. It was almost a breath of relief for her parent’s when her Hogwarts letter came.
    Her father was a Hufflepuff before her and a star quidditch player for the house team, and with Astryd being so much like her father, so it came as no surprise that she found her way into Hufflepuff as well. In her first year she was a reserve for the house quidditch team, but in her second she was starting and got to show her prowess for the sport. Now, she is the Hufflepuff quidditch team's star chaser.

OWL Classes:
    Charms - O
    Transfiguration - E
    Herbology - A
    Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
    Ancient Runes - P
    Potions - A
    Care of Magical Creatures - O
    Astronomy - A
    Divination - P
    Arithmancy - D
    History of Magic - A

Last edited by rabbit; 02-20-2017 at 05:42 PM.

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I have no qualms about him being resorted, I'll change his bio around a bit but it makes no difference to the overall character. I mainly thought Hufflepuff would be interesting becauseeee =

Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing

Hard work: Cary has always put as much work into his endeavors as he possibly can. He wants to become the strongest Wizard he knows; perhaps the strongest Wizard to ever grace his family's line. When he wants to learn, he studies hard; when he wants to fight, he fights hard. The same goes into his work - Cary is the epitome of a hard worker.

Dedication: Along with working hard, Cary is dedicated to his pursuit of strength, leading him to reach a year 2's level of expertise before becoming a First Year. His constant training by his father has only fuelled his inner thirst for more.

Patience: Cary is patient in his search for power. Whilst he works hard and is incredibly dedicated, he knows that there are some spells that he won't be able to learn until he grows older and more experienced. Whilst he can bolster this with training, he knows when some things are simply out of reach.

Loyalty: He is unquestionably loyal to those he cares about.

Fair play: This is maybe the only thing he does not align with. He plays to win, whether fair or not.

But again, totally fine with changing to Slytherin xD

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

See, I keep thinking Draco Malfoy and his crew when I look at hard work, dedication and loyalty. Not necessarily dedication and hard-work for Crabbe and Goyle, but certainly Malfoy. He was a pureblood, and he had to work hard. He was dedicated to the cause under the right pressure, and his companions were fiercely loyal to him. Loyalty is a Hufflepuff trait indeed, but not solely a Hufflepuff trait. Given his disdain for so many people and his pure ambition, I could easily see the sorting hat placing him in Slytherin.

Also, remember Bellatrix Lestrange. Fiercely loyal to Voldemort.

Just a few points to consider...

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Sure then, I'll edit him up to say that he was put in Slytherin and I'll edit Percival's sheet accordingly!

Are we doing to roleplay their sorting anyway? ^^

EDIT: I edited the sheets, hopefully they're okay now?
    Last edited by Death of Korzan; 02-17-2017 at 06:52 PM.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Yep, we're going to have an IC thread for the welcome feast and the sorting.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this! Just waiting on everyone elses characters x.x

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the main thing for those traits is they're mostly about himself - sure they might come in to play if there's something he wants for someone he's loyal to and he'd turn those trains to work for their goals as well, but that's the key to the Slytherin aspect - he'd probably be more into what he wants for that person than the person even is.

A prioroty list would kind of go like this:
    What Cary wants
    What Cary wants for others
    What others want for Cary
    What others want for themselves

Does that make sense?

Where as a Hufflepuff would probably be (using Astryd):
    What's best for others
    What's best for Astryd
    What Astryd wants
    What others want for Astryd
    What others want for themselves
    What Astryd wants for others
    Last edited by rabbit; 02-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.

vote for RPA

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

That's a fair point. I've changed him to Slytherin already and altered his and Percival's backstory accordingly, but it's good to get some other opinions on those traits and I can definitely agree with them!

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea I saw that I just thought it might bring to light what we were seeing verses what you may have meant! It's a blurry line what makes a person slytherin and too many take it as an insult. My mom's Slytherin and she doesn't even know it, and I love her to death (I'm also a Hufflepuff, too, soooo...)

vote for RPA

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast