Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sorting Hat (character submission thread)

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Default The Sorting Hat (character submission thread)

All new characters should be submitted here for approval by the GM's, Juni and G. Please read the Information thread, Rules FAQ and Magic Rules before submitting your character.

We are no longer accepting ORPHAN or TRANSFER students.

Character Guidelines:

The Wizarding World is an incredible place, with endless possibilities and wonderful oddities. With this is mind, we do not want to put too many limitations on you in regards to who you can be in this roleplay.

That being said, we do have a central plot planned out, and we also want to create an rp where everyone gets a chance to impact and be involved in the story. So we do ask that you consider the following when creating your character:

1. Animagus, Metamorphmagus, werewolves, vampires, veela, giants. They all exist in the HP universe, and we won't disallow them completely. However, be reasonable if applying one of these traits to your character - if you give us a first year who is an Animagus giant, you aren't going to be accepted.

1A: Full-blood Veela will not be allowed due to their ability to manipulate peoples' will, and the risk of this being used as a tool for godmodding.

2. Not everyone is a good guy. Hell, if they were, that would get kind of monotonous, wouldn't it?! We will allow 'bad guy' characters, however, if your character is going to impact the major plot, or other peoples' plots in a significant way the GM's will need to discuss it with you first.

3. Some people are just gifted; we get that! We will allow some characters to be more advanced than average, in terms of magic level and capabilities. (see the link above; Magic Rules) However this needs to be kept within reason - not every single student is going to be a prodigy (nor every adult.)

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Available Faculty Positions 

Spoiler: Useful Links 

Accepted Characters

Students

Tamilda Rowanwood by G
    Kattalin Lide D'Hearna by Juni
    Caryxander Mordushku by Death of Korzan
    Percival Eggingsbaum by Death of Korzan
    Katrin Edlund by HaelKatrin
    Luca Albert Niccolo' by Juni
    Elladonna Archer by G
    Astryd Elkridge by rabbit
    Damara Liakos by Minkasha
    Dawn Scamander by P.K.
    Fira Clemintines by P.K.

Adults

Emilia Medina by G
    Edwina Bat by G
    Caelin Grimm by G
    Helena Skelter by G
    Hael Shurley by Haelkatrin
    Julietta Goode by Juni

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

If you want to see what other characters are in play when deciding on your own, you can check the Hogwarts Staff & Students and Ministry of Magic Hall of Records threads to see what characters other people have created.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin Edlund
    Female
    Muggle-born
    First year
    Slytherin.
    Student.
    Black and grey cat with green eyes.

Blond hair, long. Blue eyes. 5". Wears graphic t-shirts and jeans. Noticable scar on throat. Her wheelchair frame is a bright pink color. Manual, lightweight chair. Low back. Slightly canted wheels.

Personality: Shy. Keeps to herself, bookworm.

Ummmmm.....

Paraplegic. Uses a wheelchair.

Was in some kind of accident when she was a child. She's been told it was a hit and run, but, has the distinct suspicion this is not the whole story. Put up for adoption, but never adopted. Spent early childhood jumping from foster home to foster home. Each claimed she was too much work. Too many health issues. This has left her convinced she is, and always will be, a burden. Unwanted. She keeps to herself in order to avoid bothering anyone.

Magic level one.
    Not sure yet.
    A strange blue police call box. Complete with whining groaning sound and flashing light on top.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

I'm guessing the TARDIS is her patronus? I like that, her muggle upbringing has influenced her idea of her 'protector,' interesting twist from the usual animal.

I'm happy with her, as soon as you get Juni's ok, accepted.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes. I thought that would be a cool one. The other choice was two giant shadowy wings, like what they show in supernatural for Angels. Lol

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I am actually really interested in joining this even though I haven't been too involved with Harry Potter for several years. This seems so well structured though that it's quite tempting...

Would it be a problem for me to not be as recently familiar with source material? I remember the basics, and having that handy list of spells is very helpful. Isn't there a thing about creating custom spells too? Like I recall Severus Snape creating Sectumsempra, the cutting curse thingy

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Creating spells would be for someone high level in magic. Really talented. So, your average student wouldn't be able to.

Also, G, I was thinking, Maybe for miss Katrin, I make a secondary character (or someone else can) That can be the one who came to get her/tell her about being a wizard. Like Hagrid did for harry. Someone who would be able to help her around the castle and stuff? I dunno, i'm trying to figure out how to make the para work, cuz I really want it to! And, I think, maybe she'd have an aide assigned to her or something. lol, i'm open to ideas!

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Thanks for the info Katrin, do forgive my novice questions xD

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

@HaelKatrin; Hmm, well I do have this muggleborn charms teacher whose particularly fond of muggleborns coz ur relates to them maybe he was the one sent to get her, if she'd been fostered it seems likely, like with dumbledore going to see Tom riddle personally?
    @Evening Rain; we have a thread for creating your own spells in this section! And being rusty with the source is fine, we're trying to compile all relevant information so there should be a reference thread here for whatever you need .. when we get them all done haha.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Oooooo, perfect!

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast