Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spell Crafting

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Default Spell Crafting

A place to submit spell ideas for use in the roleplay. Any player may submit an idea for a spell, though these spells may or may not be created by that player's character. A first year with no magical history won't be creating new spells.

As always, with the creation of new things certain requirements must be kept in mind for safety reasons-

1. All spells must be in Latin, with an English translation attached.
    2. A detailed description of what the spell does.
    3. Keep in mind the godmodding rules when creating new spells.
    4. Dark spells are fair game so long as they meet the above requirements.

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I have four new spells to add to this list. Two of them were described within Cary's character sheet and due to that being accepted I am assuming these are okay. The other two are just ones I thought of that I figured would be interesting.

Spoiler: Cruris Expungo 

Spoiler: Ranunculus Erecto 

Spoiler: Ossisum Sanentur 

Spoiler: Ligatatum Perdairdum 
    Last edited by Death of Korzan; 03-13-2017 at 10:58 AM.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Crurius Expungo: Accepted, but I would make this a higher level spell, since it's such an offensive type spell. Maybe level 3? Despite it's level I'm still happy for Cary to have used it in the context you described IC.

The other three, accepted.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Awesome

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I need some help finishing the details of this spell, sorry! I'm not an expert on HP stuff...

Spoiler: Adorante 

@Death of Korzan; Thank you for the format!
    Last edited by Minkasha; 09-19-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Looks good Mink - though I would suggest making it less specific to a certain kind of wand; like maybe amending some things to the caster rather than the wand;

an invisible pink cord upon only those with Rosewood wands the caster can see.
    Rosewood wand usersThe caster may pluck the pink tether at any time and break it.
    Rosewood wand users may not be targets of the spell without consent. - I'm unsure about this, perhaps those with a natural affinity for love spells, or familiar with them could sense the effects and resist it when cast on them?

However with the rosewood wands making it possible to cast at a lower level, I think is fine since different wand materials do have affinity with different types of spells, making them more efficient than others.

I also would amend the time the spell lasts to being dependant on the power of the person who cast it, like someone with level 7 magic might be able to make it last more than a week, someone lower level might be a day or a few days. So maybe lasts an average of a week, depending on the power of the caster.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    Looks good Mink - though I would suggest making it less specific to a certain kind of wand; like maybe amending some things to the caster rather than the wand;

an invisible pink cord upon only those with Rosewood wands the caster can see.
    Rosewood wand usersThe caster may pluck the pink tether at any time and break it.
    Rosewood wand users may not be targets of the spell without consent. - I'm unsure about this, perhaps those with a natural affinity for love spells, or familiar with them could sense the effects and resist it when cast on them?
    I thought those with Rosewood wands were the ones with natural affinity with love spells? I can make this less specific - yes.

However with the rosewood wands making it possible to cast at a lower level, I think is fine since different wand materials do have affinity with different types of spells, making them more efficient than others.
    Okay cool! ...Would this apply with said people with affinity for love spells without Rosewood wand?

I also would amend the time the spell lasts to being dependant on the power of the person who cast it, like someone with level 7 magic might be able to make it last more than a week, someone lower level might be a day or a few days. So maybe lasts an average of a week, depending on the power of the caster.
    So...a level 7 can make it last a week. Why not just make it for each power level a love magic affinity witch/wizard can make it last a day longer, up till 7?

(Aka a 2nd year magic power person makes it last 2 days, a 3rd year magic power person makes it last 3 days and so on and so forth)

And is this a hex? A curse? or just a general spell?

What should I put under 'Type of Spell'?

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

I think hex suits it well. Yep, rosewood is the affinity for love-magic.

Would this apply with said people with affinity for love spells without Rosewood wand?
    Interesting question, I'm not sure - I'm kind of thinking, the affinity for that kind of magic is probably part of why a rosewood wand would choose them? So I guess it depends on the strength of their affinity, but if it was strong they would probably have a rosewood wand? Do you get my logic or am I just rambling?

The length of time thing sounds perfect

Type of spell I guess would be active (it's certainly not a passive spell, anyway) emotional manipulation? Or something like that?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Interesting question, I'm not sure - I'm kind of thinking, the affinity for that kind of magic is probably part of why a rosewood wand would choose them? So I guess it depends on the strength of their affinity, but if it was strong they would probably have a rosewood wand? Do you get my logic or am I just rambling?
    Okay I've updated the spell so far with everything said.

I'm kind of hoping it'd stay to those who were picked with Rosewoods only to have the Rosewood advantage of love spells. Since that is those characters greatest strength.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Spell list updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast