Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast

Thread: [M] Anima Mundi (Namingtoohard & Headwrapper)

The Moonlight Knight
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Got it, just wanted to be sure. That sounds awesome! I like your idea! After my next post, would you mind taking primary control over Louisa then? I'd like to keep a consistent writer for her so she doesn't get stretched and morphed like Midir kinda was :P

Also, any ideas on what they should offer her as an upfront payment for her trust?

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Not really. That was half the reason I left things off at that particular point, truth be told =P I'll give it some thought whilst I'm at work and see if I can't come up with a suitable offer for her, though

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Trying to give me the hard decisions, I see >.>

What I do know for certain is Mec can't use his powers on her. She's unfamiliar to him and has a strong personality, so he would have trouble trying to sway her emotions or judgement. If need be, though, he could use them to help serve Louisa in some way, if we needed to go that direction. Maybe she needs them to do some sleuthing for her, and Shallan would be able to use her talents in conjunction with Mec's abilities for that task?

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yup, that was totally my intention =P

So maybe they do a bit of information digging for her in exchange for the knowledge about who is going north, and offer her contact with Olenna as a 'favour' in exchange for her help in the future?

The only question that leaves is what exactly the two would have to find out that Louisa finds so interesting, but doesn't have the means to uncover herself. If it were any other town aside from Convittas, I would suggest something that had to do with the local aristocracy, but that doesn't fit as well here. Similarly, it would probably have to be something more complex than simply eavesdropping in a bar. Preferably something with a hint of risk, too. Some sort of real danger to motivate them, or impress just how severe the consequences can be if they get this sort of thing wrong. The obvious conclusion would probably be something involving a local crime boss, or one of Louisa's rivals. Something where a fresh face would be a big benefit

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Hmm, what if they need to retrieve something that was stolen from her from a group of thieves? It could be something she needs so that she can use it to blackmail someone. The thieves could have a hideout just out of town and Shallan and Mec would have to find a way to sneak inside and look around?

Now I'm starting to wonder just how much the information is worth to them. I feel like they would rather ask around before putting themselves in danger just to find out who might be going north. Maybe it would be best for them to pull out of the deal for now, and Louisa might approach them later to finalize a deal with the cabal?

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mm, yeah, that's true. I suppose they wouldn't need to go to such great lengths when they could quite possibly accomplish their goal alone with a little bit of legwork.

I'd briefly considered having Shallan ask Louisa for info about the places they were headed, to try and subtly establish *why* Olenna would send them there, beyond property availability. Mostly just following the thought process that Olenna could have a purpose beyond just sending them where property proved available, though whether or not that turns out to be the case is another thing. That would put them further in her debt and necessitate extra repayment. Perhaps having them simply walk away is more realistic for the time being, though.

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yeah, they could always go back and ask her later, or it can come up when Louisa seeks more information about the cabal from them a while later. Shallan could even go back and ask her herself, since Mec seems content with just following what he is told until he gains a foothold for himself.

So for now maybe I can just have them call off their negotiating for now, with the promise that once they have something better to offer they will return? Sounds shaky but ehhhh...

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mm, yeah. Perhaps she offers them the work and they decline when they hear how dangerous it actually is? It almost feels like I've accidentally written us into a corner by not thinking this all the way through >.>' Especially since the actual plan is still to have them end up travelling with our new performer friends, right?

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yeah, which will probably happen without Louisa's help regardless.

That being said, I don't think them having this discussion with Louisa is necessarily bad. If we play it right, a lot will come out of it later.

Regarding the future state of things, does it make sense to assume the towns they are heading towards are far enough away that they will still be able to spend a lot of time with the Misfits? I don't want to half-ass that whole thing because I know it will be important for showing off Shallan's capabilities.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mm, true. I suppose its simply a case of short-term pain, long-term gain?

Regardless, I was definitely thinking on having them spend a fair bit longer with the misfits than most of our journeys have been so far. The whole time doesn't have to be spent on the road, though. We could simply say that there are a handful of other towns between Convittas and their final destination, so that there are periods where Mec and Shallan can spend some time doing other things. Heck, there would need to be other places for the misfits to stop and perform to make a longer journey worthwhile for them, so I think it all checks out in that regard.

Besides, I feel like it'll be interesting to see how our two heroes cope with the chance in circumstances. Should be interesting to see how their partnership with the individual members of the misfits form up, and the way it impacts them when the time to leave does come.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 LastLast