Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Anima Mundi (Namingtoohard & Headwrapper)

The Moonlight Knight
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default [M] Anima Mundi (Namingtoohard & Headwrapper)

Yay an OOC thread :P

My Bio

Name: Mec Fiska
    Appearance:
    Personality: Quiet and non-confrontational, Mec is usually the last person to speak in a conversation. He's never had major ambitions for himself, and is perfectly content working in the family business. In general he's well-mannered and tries to be helpful, but does not actively seek out opportunities to interact with others if he doesn't have to.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Name: Shallan Khanda
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: The mummer 

Personality:
    Ever the optimist, Shallan is forever using her quick wit and sunny disposition to try and brighten up other people's lives. Outgoing and impulsive, she seems to find beauty and enjoyment in the most simple and mundane things, which she believes other people often overlook. Still, sometimes she finds herself dissatisfied with living such an ordinary life, regretting that she has not gone on any grand adventures like those found in stories. On rare occasions she has been accused of using her acting skills to cover up her real emotions, but Shallan always denies such accusations out of hand.

Other:
    Like her mother, Shallan possesses great love for the arts. She has received extensive training in acting, singing and dancing, and knows how to draw a crowd, direct people's attention, and most other tricks of the trade. Her actual experience using these skills in a real situation is somewhat more limited, though

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Want me to go ahead and start the IC thread? Is there anything you want to add here so you can reference to it later?

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Nothing to add at the moment, no. I think we're right to just jump straight in to the actual RP

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sweet ^^ I'll get on my reply in just a few moments~

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Well, that...turned out a hell of a lot longer than I expected ^^" sorry if I pushed things forward a little too quickly - I felt like I needed to jump right into the escape or there wouldn't be much for you to do with your reply, and opening posts have always been a bit of a weak point for me >.<

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I thought it was great! Like seriously I was excited after reading your first post lol. By the way I'm going to apologize in advance for my crappy writing, the only writing I've done for the last 4-5 years or so has been all technical and nothing creative, so I'm still undoing the conditioning of being a technical writer :P

What do you think so far? Any ideas on things to keep the momentum of the story going? I've been trying to come up with scenarios where Mec will have a chance to use his magic again in a positive way, but most of my ideas seem kinda tacky.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Haha it's all good, I'm not finding it crappy at all ^^ so it seems neither of us have anything to worry about~

As for ideas to keep the story going, I have a few, but none of the are particularly...long term. Minor issues that could push things forward maybe a day or two, but then we'd need to find other things to move on with. Hadn't given much thought to scenarios that required the use of magic specifically, but I'm sure we can come up with plenty between us. The recent idea of Shallan's fruit addiction makes me think he could use his magic tree-growing powers to make some fruit trees produce early, to help feed a starving beggar and their family or something. I'll keep brainstorming, though.

The Moonlight Knight
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I had thought of pretty much the same thing, using his powers to feed some vagabonds. I'll have to sleep on it and maybe I'll think of something better.

For long term, I wonder if somehow our characters could influence some sort of revolution? Maybe they travel to a kingdom where the peasantry is oppressed by the (king, church, some other authority) and they team up with the resistance who may or may not be accepting of mages? Not sure if that seems too outside the box.

I'm also starting to think I will have to utilize the voice of G more. I wanted to avoid it, but I feel it's the most logical way of sending the characters on some sort of long-term quest. Maybe at some point there will be something where the Anima Mundi is somehow being suppressed and G urges them to release it, requiring them to visit certain places that act as locks that are reducing the Anima's influence on the world? Now that I think about that though it would make sense that as they began to release locks more and more people would become magic users, and that would make Mec some kind of prophet for magehood. I need to think more on that one too, I'm just sort of thinking and typing at this point.

Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast