Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Unexpected Visit [Katrin Edlund & Professor Grimm]

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Grimm shouldered a path through the parents and children streaming in and out of the bookshop, holding the door wide so that Katrin could make her way past.

"Alright," he said as they entered the shop; a small building in which every wall was lined with shelves stuffed with books. Stands stood in the center of the floor, too; displaying the latest bestsellers and titles from upcoming authors. Portraits of Authors and photographs on the covers followed their movements; some waving merrily, some sullen and brooding, depending on the book - all of them were animated; alive. "Let me see that letter, have you got it? I know what you need for Charms, of course!" he grinned. "Let's get these out of the way quick; we've still got your cauldron to buy, then we have to get you fitted for robes." The Professor's stomach growled loudly - the piece of cake he'd eaten was hardly lunch, and Caelin Grimm was not one to miss a meal. "And I'm starving! We'll have to stop for some lunch before we go."

When Katrin produced the list, he proved his eagerness to get to mealtime with his quick movements, fingers sliding over the spines of the works on the shelves until he found the right ones, pulling them from the shelves until he held quite a stack of titles. "Perfect!" he said; "Let's get this paid for, then we can get your robes." Again, the sack came out; again, he passed over gold and silver to the shopkeeper; the books he tucked under his arm, not wanting to overload Katrin with things to hold.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin laughs as his stumach growled, though honestly, she was in the same boat. Rather hungry. However, for the moment, her attention was captured by the moving pictures. To the point she would reach out, poking one of them curiously. It wasn't long before they had finished getting all the books needed. Once more, she felt a bit guilty, knowing they couldn't have been cheap. But, this time, she doesn't say anything.

She follows him out of the book store, curious as to the next stop. "Robes? You mean, I get new clothes?!" She asked excited. She'd never gotten brand new clothes before. Let alone fitted for them! This would be a real treat for her. Her eyes lit with excitement.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Caelin chuckled as her eyes lit up, shaking his head a little. "I can't wait to see your reaction when you start learning actual magic; if robes are this exciting!" he laughed; though of course, he knew the feeling. To live out your childhood in the mundane Muggle world (though admittedly, with the advances of the last few decades it was becoming less and less so) only to discover you really belonged in the Magical one; where anything and everything was possible. A nostalgic smile crossed his face as he remembered his own first trip to Diagon Alley, eagerly tugging the hands of his bewildered parents, all of them experiencing this new and wondrous world together... Grimm's smile faded slightly, a tinge of sadness marring the happy memory. Katrin didn't have her parents here; never had. She might have had a very different childhood, otherwise... he shook his head almost imperceptibly, shaking off the thought. It wasn't the time... and she had him, after all.

She will, from now on. I left her alone for far too long. One day, I'll tell her... But not now. Not yet.

"Here it is! This one," he announced, his bright voice betraying none of his inner dialogue as he pushed open the door of yet another peculiar building. "Madam Malkins," this one read, though Grimm wasn't sure who ran it now. A bubbly shop assistant was quick to greet them as they entered, rushing forwards to fix them with a beaming smile.

"Hello! Welcome to Madam Malkins, your one-stop shop for the latest Wizard-wear! I'm Rosetta! Ooh, hello, pet! Wanting some school robes, I bet?" Grimm nodded confirmation, and the woman beamed at Katrin, pulling a length of tape-measure from where it was tucked between her ear and her masses of bright pink curls . "Wonderful! Now, I'll need to take some measurements. Do you mind if I pop you out of your chair for a moment, my love?"

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"Well, I-Ive never had new clothes before...." She repeated her thought aloud in reply. "Certainly not ones made just for me!" She didn't seem too bothered or upset by this statement. Simply just a fact. "And after, lunch? Right?!" She asks with a grin.

She follows him into the store, looking around wide eyed. She then looks at the newest witch with curiosity. "Y-you're gonna what??" She looks baffled, looking up at Grimm, then back to the woman. "I suppose Professor Grimm would be strong enough... " Immediately coming to the conclusion the strange woman intended to physically lift her out of the chair. Even with the suggestion of Grimm doing so, it had her nervous. She was told often how heavy she was. How much it hurt to pick her up. "I-i wouldn't want anyone to get hurt...."

She fidgets a bit, looking between the two of them then shrugs, nodding. "Alright." She says with a half smile. Of course, the woman would have a hard time measuring her sitting down, after all. And, she did need the robes. If the school had a uniform.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

"Wonderful!" the woman beamed, pulling her wand from where it had been tucked inside her sleeve. Before Katrin had time to react or protest, she was waving it airily in front of her. "Wingardium Leviosa!" she chanted clearly, and the young blonde found herself lifting from her seat, floating, as though weightless, into the air. Grimm looked bemused, raising his hand as though wondering if he should protest; but Katrin had given her assent. He hesitated, then lowered his arm.

Katrin, meanwhile, floated gently forwards, coming to a halt a foot in front of her pink seat, her toes a few inches above the floor. Rosetta tucked the wand behind her ear; where the tape had been, then held up the small length of measure; it was only a few centimetres long, and yet, as she held it up to measure the width of Katrins' shoulders, it was suddenly long enough to reach between them. Letting go of the tape, which stayed suspended in front of Katrin as though it was still being held, Rosetta produced a feather quill and scroll of parchment; again, from amongst her mass of curls. Grimm threw Katrin an amused look, wiggling his eyebrows as if silently saying What else has she got stashed in there? The Witch made a note on the paper, and the tape measure flew through the air, methodically moving around Katrin's body as it measured her waist, the length of her arms, hip to knee, knee to ankle, neck, and for some reason, the bridge of her nose. Rosetta hummed as she worked, jotting down notes as the measure moved.

"Wonderful!" she clapped her hands when the tape measure seemed to be done, holding out her hand. It flung itself over to rest in her palm, back to its original size, and it, along with the quill, disappeared back into her pink locks. Retrieving her wand, she swished it again, and Katrin was returned gently to her seat.

"Now, where would you like them delivered?"

Grimm interjected before Katrin could say anything, "114 Nerbott Avenue, London. Thanks." As if preempting that Katrin might be disappointed she couldn't take them now, he turned to the child, saying, "they'll make them specially; they won't take long to arrive."

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin yelps in protest as she suddenly finds herself hovering in the air. Her eyes wide, she glances over at Professor Grimm. Gauging his reaction. Seeing that he seemed calm, she took a breath as well. Relaxing and letting the woman do her work. She smirks as things started coming out of her hair. Outright laughing at Grimm's own reaction.

The most comical part about it, was the girl's chair. Now that she was no longer seated, one could see the objects she had squirreled away. Her wand lay on the front left hand corner. Under it, was the folded up letter. On the right side, were the strange coins Professor Grimm had given her. Each had been placed under her leg. To keep it safe, and not have to worry about it falling.

Katrin resituates herself once returned to her seat. Her face falls at the mention of where to deliver it. A reminder that this trip wasn't permanent. She'd be returned to that home as soon as it was over. And, the day was ending quickly. "Um. . . " She began to tell her address, when Grimm interrupted with his own. She looks up at him. "I suppose you could bring them for me. . . " This, too, saddened her. She didn't want to give up any of the treasures they were getting today. Not even for a few months until school started. Things she let other people watch over, tended to disappear, or be returned ruined. Besides, she wanted to keep them with her. A reminder that this was not a dream.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

"I suppose you could bring them for me. . .

Grimm just smiled at the child, not willing to divulge his final surprise yet. He thanked the shopkeeper again, holding the door for Katrin as they made their way back out into the street. "Now, one more stop!" he said, "and then lunch!" The mention of food, as usual, filled him with enthusiasm; his pace was lively as they continued along the street, back the way they had come. He gave no indication of what they would be picking up next, just kept going back past shopfronts, until finally they came to one of the first sights Katrin had seen. It was the pet shop, hung with its' array of cages. The Phoenix that had erupted into flame at their arrival was perched back on it's swing now, preening its' soft, downy feathers; across from it, two barn-owls chattered at each other in their adjacent cages. A purely ash-grey cat, huge and extremely fluffy, wound its' way around Grimms' legs, crossing to rub against the wheel of Katrin's chair.

"I said I had a surprise for you, didn't I? We can't have you sent off to school without a pet! Owls are incredibly useful; they'll deliver your mail, though of course the school has it's own owls. And cats make wonderful, loving pets. Wait till you meet Charles, my kitten. You'll love him, he's a cheeky little blighter. Let's have a look, see who you get along with."

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The promise of food also cheered the girl up immensely. She grins and follows him. "What are we getting next?!" She asks curiously, half not expecting a reply. Still, she follows him. Excited to see.

They end up headed back the way they came. Katrin keeps quiet, following until they stopped at a pet store. Her eyes wide when she sees the Phoenix. "B-but... I saw it explode!" She says with her usual excitement. She then follows in to the store, looking around. "you mean, I get my own pet?!"

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

"Phoenix's are wonderful animals," Caelin said, smiling at Katrin's wide-eyed expression. "When they die, they are engulfed in flame, burned to ash. Then they're reborn from the ashes. They're really quite beautiful, when they're not at the end of their cycle. Very magical, as well. Phoenix tears have healing powers, though they'll only cry over those who are pure of heart. Now, what kind of pet do you fancy? What about this little guy?" he said, picking up a small mewling kitten, jet-black with wide, startlingly blue eyes. It yowled at Grimm, digging it's claws into his hand and he put it down hurriedly. "Hmmm, maybe someone a bit friendlier. Let's see..."

As he spoke, a small, wet nose nudged Katrin's hand. At her feet, a tiny puppy was attempting to clamber right up onto her chair, his back legs slipping on the floor as he reached up to place his front paws on the seat, beside her leg. His tail wagged excitedly as he sniffed her hand, and out popped his tongue to give her an enthusiastic lick on the finger. Grimm hadn't noticed, scanning the room for potential pets.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin holds her arms out for the offered kitten, but doesn't get a chance as it begins clawing poor Professor Grimm. She laughs at the scene.

She watches him look around, deciding it best if she stayed where she was. She didn't notice as the small pup began nudging at her foot. Perhaps sensing this, or simply impatient, the small animal began trying to climb up. Her front paws sitting on the edge of the cushion.

Katrin giggles at this, holding out a hand for her to sniff. "And who are you?" She asked the curious pup. The dog simply licks her offered hand, then manages to jump the rest of the way into her lap.

Once standing on Katrin's lap, the puppy Gabe her a few excited licks, then curled up on her lap and went to sleep.

Katrin laughs again, and looks around for Professor Grimm, to show him. Though, she knew she wouldn't be able to keep the animal. After​ all, the letter said owl, cat or toad. A dog was neither.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast