Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An Unexpected Visit [Katrin Edlund & Professor Grimm]

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

"Well, hello! Whose this then?" Grimm had turned to point out a tiny owl the size of his fist; fluttering in excited circles in its' cage, and spotted the pup. He returned to Katrins' side, reaching down to scratch the sleeping dog between it's furry ears. "Looks like someone has picked you, Katrin." He frowned down at the dog for a moment, thinking.

"You know, it's only a small thing. Perhaps I could convince them to let you have a dog - it's not as though the cat, owl or toad thing is set in stone, it would hardly be the first pet outside of those boundaries...

But are you sure you wouldn't prefer an owl, or a cat? That's what most other kids will have."

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin grins "I dunno. But, she seems to be comfy!" She replies when he asks who it was. She laughs again when he said the dog picked her, nodding in agreement.

She pets the pup's back. She wakes up, yawning and sleepily looking up at Grimm. As if almost daring him to move her. Then, licks his hand. Katrin laughs at this. "I'm​ sure!" She says with a grin. "I've never liked cats...." She admits.

She looks down at the little puppy, then back up at Grimm. "Are you sure it'll be ok?" Her eyes big with worry once more.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Grimm looked rather taken aback at Katrins' statement about disliking cats, but didn't mention it. The man frowned, considering; a finger stroking the coarse hair of his short beard.

"Well, I don't think the school will be a problem; but a dog is a lot of responsibility, Katrin," he sounded for all the world like a stern parent; the tone seemed a bit out of place on him, but to his credit, he was giving it a good go all the same. "You will have to feed it, train it. Clean up after it, if it makes a mess! And she will! Dogs are messy."

The dog flicked a wet tongue affectionately over Grimms' hand, and he visibly softened. "But they're smart too - with a bit of training, she'd be a very helpful pet. And she is very sweet, isn't she? Oh, well.. if you're sure you can handle all of that, then alright. You can have her."

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She can't help the small laugh that escapes when he once more attempts to be stern. Though, she'd have to admit, he did a much better job of it this time.

She quickly sobers as he tells her the pup would be her responsibility. She looks down at her, thinking. The puppy took this moment to jump up and lick Katrin's nose. She giggles, petting her. Then looks up at Grimm.

"I've never had to take care of something before..." She said thoughtfully. "But, I'd like to give it a try." She finished with a smile.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

The puppy, seeming to have made her own decision regardless of what the humans' might think, walked a couple of quick circles in Katrin's lap before curling up there, giving her hand a gentle lick and promptly falling asleep.

"I'd like to give it a try." Katrin said, and Grimm, watching the dog, grinned.

"Well, that's lucky, because it doesn't look like she's going anywhere." He paid for the pup, and the three of them left the shop. A little way down the street, they found a bright, bustling cafe, and offered a menu to Katrin, telling her to order whatever she liked from the smiling girl that came to take their order. For the pup, he asked for a bowl of bite-sized pieces of juicy steak. He himself ordered a burger piled so high with fillings it seemed impossible he'd even be able to take a bite, with a pile of fries to go with it. Demolishing the mound of food in a surprisingly small period of time, he pulled a handkerchief from his bottomless bag, wiping the crumbs from his beard.

"Ahh," he sighed contentedly, leaning back in his chair; his hands on his belly. "That's better. Now; I suppose we better get you home. It's been quite a long day, after all."

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin follows Grimm as they leave the shop. This time, rather quiet.

Once they sat at a table in the Cafe, she looked at the menu carefully. She knew he said order whatever, but that didn't stop her from checking prices first. Finally, she settled on one of the cheaper items. A grilled cheese half, and soup.

She laughs as Grimm takes a bite of the giant hamburger. The puppy was oblivious to the two as she munched happily on her own snack. Katrin ate slowly. Savoring each bite.

She finished rather quickly. Her grin fading the moment the professor commented about taking taking her home. "You'll have to take the puppy.... They won't let me have my own pet." She said, offering a clearly fake smile. Trying to hide the disappointment at the day having ended already. "Thank you. For everything" offering him another, more genuine smile. Even if she had to go back, she really was grateful.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

"You'll have to take the puppy... they won't let me have my own pet."

Far from looking upset at the crestfallen look in Katrin's eyes, Grimm answered it with a wide smile.

"Oh, child. I suppose I should have made things clearer this morning. I am your Uncle, remember?" His hands swept up to make inverterted commas in the air, emphasizing the word 'uncle.' "They can do whatever they like - your puppy is very welcome in my home. Or should I say, our home." His grin stretched even wider as he reached into his bag, withdrawing the portkey once more. He gestured, clearly expecting her to remember how it worked; and when they placed their fingers on it, once more the tugging sensation began at each of their navels, whizzing them into a world of blurred sound and colour, until they were deposited in a quiet suburban street in the outskirts of London. Cozy looking cottages lined the road, which was almost free of traffic, and the lone Muggle, watering her garden a few doors down, seemed blissfully unaware that two people and a dog had simply appeared out of nowhere. Striding forward toward a border of green hedges, Caelin pushed open a gate painted a cheerful shade of bright blue. Beyond, a small, rather ramshackle brick house; wide windows taking up most of the wallspace either side of the front door. The grass was clipped neatly in front; the back (though Katrin could not see it) was a wild assortment of strange plants, some of which didn't look entirely fitting in the Muggle world. Inside, she would find a room waiting for her; as though it had been made ready for her arrival - she didn't catch Grimm's quick charm-work, transforming the colour scheme to one he surmised Katrin would like; predominantly pink.

"I'm afraid Muggle technology doesn't work so well in the house - too much Magic in the air. The neighbours are probably terribly offended by their television reception," he laughed, "but you should find most everything you need - if I've forgotten anything, let me know. As I said, the dog is your responsibility - I don't want to step in any droppings, first thing in the morning! Now..." with a subtle flick of his wand, the front door swung wide, a ramp leading up to the entrance in a gentle slope.

"Welcome to your new home, Katrin."

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"Oh, child, I suppose I should have made things clearer this morning. I am your Uncle, remember? They can do whatever they like - your puppy is very welcome in my home. Or, should I say, our home."

She listens to him in absolute confusion. She didn't understand what he meant. After all, even if he was her uncle, he couldn't make her foster parents let her keep the puppy. Her face fell even more as he pulled out the portkey. Her eyes glistening with tears unshed. It was time to return home.

She obediently places her hand on the shoe, being sure to have a hold of both the wheelchair and the puppy. The whole trip much like the first time, except this time it did not leave her quite so disoriented. In fact, it was rather fun. Like a rollercoaster. The puppy shakes it's head a few times, not at all impressed. This causes Katrin to laugh, though the smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

That is, until she actually looked around them.

She grins, grinning wider as she follows him to the home. Understanding finally. He wasn't taking her back. She wouldn't have to ever go back again.

She didn't seem to quite hear him as he explained about the technology. As soon as the ramp appeared, she wasted no time at all going up it, and into the home. As soon as he joined her, she wrapped her arms around him, giving him quite the hug. Tears spilled from her eyes, but this time, her face held a grin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234