Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPA cookbook??

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'll try to get it up over the weekend

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

omg I just saw I spelt my own name wrong. I need to go back to school.

edit: now fixed.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Fantasy, Mature, Smutty, Scifi, World building, Race Building, and many more
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not sure If I should toss this recipe in, but I have one.

EerieWillow's Lavender Earl Grey Tea Biscuits

These treats use edible lavender and earl grey tea leaves to infuse a classic shortbread with a refined, slightly floral taste. Partners well with... you guessed it, earl grey tea.

~~ Ingredients ~~

1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
    ½ cup Confectioners Sugar
    1½ cup Flour
    ½ cup Cornstarch
    ½ tsp Salt
    1 bag Earl Grey Tea Leaves
    1-2 tsp edible lavender buds

~~ Directions ~~

1. Cream butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer.
    2. In a food processor, Add in flour, cornstarch, salt, tea and lavender. Make sure it's properly sealed and pulse to evenly mix all dry ingredients.
    3.add flour mixture to butter and sugar gradually, continue to mix until a soft dough forms. The mix will be dry and crumbly at first but will come together.
    4. Take dough out and place the large lump onto a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper
    5. Roll dough into a log with the wrap and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until firm
    6. Preheat oven to 375*°
    7. Cut log into 1/3 inch discs and put on an un-greased baking sheet
    8. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges are a golden brown.
    9. When cool enough to handle, move to wire rack to cool completely

Feel free to swap out the lavender for other spices and floral elements if you'd like ((like rosehips, chai spice or vanilla)). If you like a stronger tea taste you can add 2 tea bags. Even go as far as to add some rum extract to add a flare if you're feeling brave. Hope you enjoy!

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Awesome contribution Eerie!

I'm making Imposter's recipe tonight, so expect some pictures and stuff on it, and then I'm going to submit some stuff here as well! Happy cooking gang

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Clyde's Vegan n Dairy Free Quiche

*Note; I forgot to take pictures, it was so delicious last night everyone ate it before I could take photos, but I still have the recipe. This is my Spinach and Mushroom, dairy free quiche.

Ingredients

1 Premade Pie Crust [I'm lazy I could make my own crust, but] - The brand I use is Wholly Wholesome its a vegan pie crust

3 Handfuls of Frozen Spinach or whatever Spinach you prefer

3 Eggs

2 types of your choice dairy free cheese, I use Daiya, Cheddar and Mozzarella

2 Handuls of Crimini Mushrooms or whatever mushroom you want to use

1 Green Onion

1/2 cup of Almond Milk Unsweetened Plain [not vanilla]

Earth Butter or any Similar Dairy Free Butter

Hummus - I used Garlic, but you could easily use whatever other flavor you want

Seasonings are up to you, I used Coarse Sea Salt, Hot Smoked Paprika, and Black Pepper

Steps

Preheat your oven to 375 F / 190 degrees C

Meanwhile, as your oven is preheating, prep your veggies, you want to cut down your green onion and slice your mushrooms

When you have finished prepping your veggies, you'll want to warm up a small skillet, when your skillet is properly warmed put a table spoon of butter in the skillet. *Note; so when I say table spoon, I don't mean an actual measuring tablespoon, I mean one of the common house spoons we use for soups, big common spoon

Let the butter melt and as it does throw in the green onions, and sautee them for a few minutes, then add your mushrooms, sautee your mushrooms and green onions in the butter until the mushrooms start to look half cooked throw in a small spoonful of hummus into the mixture and sautee for another few seconds. You'll want your mushrooms somewhat al dente because remember they will cook in the oven as well, and your onions to be at the halfway point of cooked

Set your sauteed mushroom and green onion mixture to the side to cool

While your sautee mixture cools, you'll want a mixing bowl. Where you will crack your eggs into the mixing bowl. And gently mix them till the eggs get bubbles on the surface. When they get bubbles to the surface you can throw in your cheeses. After you do, mix till everything is well incorporated into the mixture.

Make sure you drain your spinach, get out as much of the water as you can, then throw into the mixture. Wait till it too is well incorporated.

Then add in your seasonings, season to your liking, I like strong bold flavors, so I put a good pow of paprika and black pepper in there, and only enough salt to taste because the cheese should have enough salt in it to salt most of it

After you incorporated your seasoning toss in the hummus butter sautee veggies into the mixture. Again mix till well incorporated.

Then add in the almond milk, mix one more time.

By this time your oven should be preheated, put your pie crust on a baking sheet, dump in the mixture. Make sure everything is spread evenly, and then toss it in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Depends on altitude, etc.

After your quiche is done cooking, let it sit for 10 minutes to cool, then enjoy

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Garlic Hummus Mashed Potatoes [Dairy Free]

*Note; As this is something I'll be making tonight, I can try to get a picture and add it. It's another one of my dairy free recipes

Ingredients

Red Potatoes or any potato of your choosing - I like Red or Golden potatoes to be honest, russet potatoes are dull in flavor and are only really good for like a bake potato, I recommend red or gold for this recipe.

How many potatoes are up to how many people you're serving. I do 1 potato for each person. In this case, I was serving 3 people, so I did 4 Red Potatoes. Red Potatoes are sweeter and lighter in taste which will balance out the boldness of the garlic flavoring of the hummus. While Golden Potatoes often are buttery and would well with this recipe as well.

Good Scoopful of Garlic Hummus 2 tbsp [but also up to you] - This is a must, can't complete this recipe without it

Almond Milk Unsweetened Original Flavor - about 1 cup or depending on your desired texture

Green Onion Stalk

One Pot for the amount of potatoes your using

Steps

Place pot out

First prep your ingredients, mince your green onion and set aside either in the fridge or on the counter. And cut your potatoes into quarter size pieces.

Toss your potatoes into your pot, when you're done cutting all the potatoes, cover them with cold water and place the pot on the stove

Wait till water comes to a boil, check tenderness of potatoes. You don't want them overly mushy, but enough to poke a fork through them with some tender bite. [I like my mash potatoes with large chewable chunks, I will never make my mash potatoes creamy and like a soup with no pieces in it, so I like my potatoes to have some tenderness, but still have a bit of bite back to it]

When potatoes are done, drain them, but save some of the water in a bowl while draining them

Throw the potatoes back into the pot after draining them in the strainer and begin the process of assembling ingredients. You'll want to toss in a little bit of milk, I'd say about 1/2, then mash your potatoes with a masher. Till it gets thick enough with the potatoes and milk mix. Place 1 tbps of garlic hummus into the potatoes.

Mash a little again and stir. I like my mash potatoes to be chunky so really the desire of your mash potato texture is up to you. Sometimes 1/2 milk is actually all you have to go, but I chose 1 cup in case you need extra if they are too chunky, etc. It's a balancing act.

When mash potatoes are at desired texture throw in the tbps of hummus into the potatoes. When they are light and fluffy you may turn off the stove. Set it aside from the heat and toss in the green onion and mix it into the mash potatoes.

Wait 10 minutes before serving so the green onions can steam into the mash potatoness

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Sounds nice dude! I'll have to try it at some point

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So... Can we rename this thread "Cooking Adventures" or...?

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

Imperfectly Impossible
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Why the rename?

I'm pretty fine with the thread.

heaven can't help me now