Thread: RPA cookbook??

Imperfectly Impossible
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default RPA cookbook??

Hey all,
    @Death of Korzan; was regaling me today of Jamaican glazed pineapples and it occurred to me in that moment that we definitely need a place here to drop a recipe or pick a new one up. After some searching and then going to @.Karma.; to complain that there wasn't one she laughed and sent me here.

So without further ado I give you RPA's cookbook. (At least a new iteration if there's been one before.) It's simple really, if you're at that stage of life where you are cooking regularly by all means share a recipe and some tips. The spectrum of people here on RPA is wide and colourful and I'm sure there are seasoned chefs as well as people that don't even know how to hold a knife properly. Throw down your go to dish for company/date and let us give it a shot.

Here's the first recipe for anyone up for giving it a try:
    Imposter's sister's Santa Fe Chicken

What you'll need:
    1 Cup of Rice (Not minute rice)
    1 Can of Black Beans (540ml/18oz)
    1 Yellow Pepper, chopped (Shoot for medium/diced ranged in size)
    1 Can of Cream of mushroom soup (284ml/9.5oz)
    1 soup can of water
    2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
    1 Jar of salsa (type optional)
    1/4 cup of grated cheese
    Optional Spices:
    Cilantro, chopped
    Coriander, ground

What you'll do:
    Preheat oven to 400F
    Mix your uncooked rice, beans and peppers in a typical glass baking dish. (I think the norm is 13x9)
    Combine your soup, water, and spices. Pour mixture evenly over rice and veggies.
    Place chicken breasts on top
    Spoon 2 tablespoons of salsa over each piece of chicken.
    Bake until rice is cooked (Oven depending, but it usually takes around an hour)
    Sprinkle with cheese once rice is cooked and toss it back in until cheese melts.
    Voilà it's ready to go.

Oh and if you aren't a meat eater, you can substitute the chicken for a can of corn instead.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Great idea!

Here is a nice simple recipe for Crazywolf Pasta.

What you need: (per person)
    100g of pasta
    100g of pasta sauce any kind
    25g of grated cheese - or as much as you want.

How to prepare:
    First cook the pasta and pasta sauce as per instructions on the packet/jar. Add your sauce to the pasta and stir it together. Next empty it out onto your plate. Now spread the cheese on top. Now give it about 30 seconds of microwave on full power to melt the cheese. Job done.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Default 1. Korzan's Cheeky Little Chilli

Nice idea man, I'll contribute for sure!

Korzan's Cheeky Little Chilli

Ingredients

• 500g/1lb (near enough) of Beef Mince/Ground Beef (Depending on where you're from xD). You're probably going to want the leaner stuff, but it's not an issue if not - just make sure to drain your mince to get rid of any unwanted fat!
    • 2 Large Onions
    • 2 Bell Peppers
    • 3 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes. You can use peeled Plum tomatoes if you like, or whole tomatoes, just blend them first as the liquid is important.
    • 2 Beef Stock Cubes
    • About 15g-30g of 80% Dark Chocolate, grated.
    • 1 Can of Kidney Beans. You could probably substitute these for other beans of whatever type, providing they are cooked prior, though I haven't attempted to do so. You're going to want to drain these with a sieve or a strainer.
    • 1 TSP Salt
    • 1 TSP Celery Salt
    • 4-6 TSP Chilli Powder, I use hot but feel free to customise it to your liking! This may seem like a lot but you are putting a lot of liquid into this Chilli. I like to put 6 in because I like my food spicy, but feel free to season to taste.
    • 3-5 TSP of Cumin. Again, same with the Chilli, season to taste. I love the taste of Cumin so I tend to put 4-5 in.
    • 1/3 tube of Tomato Paste. This is around 47-50g of the stuff.
    • A large dash of Worcestershire Sauce
    • 4 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced/crushed. You don't want to be getting any big chunks in the Chilli, but you also don't want to be grating your Garlic, otherwise the flavour turns from something that is nice in the background and helps to season the dish, to something that really takes over the rest of the flavour.

Utensils

• A Sharp Knife for Cutting Vegetables
    • Measuring Spoons to measure your spices.
    • A Stirring Utensil.
    • A Deep Pot.
    • A Strainer.
    • Possibly a Sieve (If your mince is too greasy after cooking. We'll use a Sieve for this as we won't want any of the meat escaping the holes in our strainer.)

Steps

• 1. First you're going to want to put about two tablespoons of Oil into your large pot. You're going to want to use something flavourless that has a high heating point like Vegetable, Sunflower or Rapeseed Oil. Don't use Olive Oil here.
    • 2. Chop up your Onions, Garlic and Peppers as fine as you like. I tend to julien my Peppers and either dice or julien my onions, depending on how much I care at the time. These will mostly dissolve into the Chilli as you're cooking it.
    • 3. Once you've chopped up your vegetables, put the Peppers and Onions into the heated pot and stir them around occasionally, leaving the Garlic out of the mix. Cook them until they are softening but not blackening or turning to a jam-like consistency. Whilst these are softening and you are keeping an eye on them, prepare your spices and chocolate and drain your kidney beans.
    • 4. Once your Veg is at this point, throw in your mince and break it up into small pieces within the Pot. You're going to want to keep turning so as the Mince doesn't get stuck to the hot Pot, but as you do the Mince should brown nicely and be well mixed with your Pepper and Onion Mix.
    • 5. Once the Mince is all browned off - don't worry if there are some tiny little stubborn bits, it'll all be fine as long as most of it is done as we're going to cook it for far longer - throw in your tinned Tomatoes, your Spices (Chilli Powder, Cumin, Salt, Celery Salt), your Tomato paste, the Stock Cubes, the grated Chocolate, the Worcestershire Sauce, your now-minced Garlic Cloves (We didn't add these later so as they wouldn't burn, as burned Garlic is bitter and would ruin the meal) and your drained Kidney Beans. Stir them into the mix thoroughly, making sure to especially break up the stock cubes if you haven't already.
    • Leave this to cook for about 30-45 minutes at a minimum (I've once cooked this Chilli for well over an hour, almost reaching two hours) uncovered, stirring regularly to make sure nothing burns at the bottom. I like really reducing my Chilli down until it becomes delicious, dark brown and filled with flavour. The spices become stronger and all those vegetables from the start really just disappear into the mix.
    • Serve with rice, put it in wraps, or - what my favourite, unorthodox thing to do with it is - substitute your usual lasagne meat for this, and place a few Jalepeno slices on top of your finished lasagne before placing it in the oven for a really delicious twist on an Italian favourite.

Sadly I don't have any pictures to show you guys, but trust me on this - it's absolutely delicious. I do however have a picture of a Chilli Lasagne I made! Excuse the backing, it's my Student Kitchen!

Spoiler: The Unorthodox Beast - Chilli Lasagne! 

Anyway, please let me know what you think, I'll have more stuff in this thread for sure!!!
    Last edited by Death of Korzan; 02-21-2017 at 08:27 PM.

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay so this ain't the fanciest recipe. You're not going to win any prizes but if you want something sweet and easy to make and don't want to have huge batches of stuff afterwards here's my recipe for..

Mug o' Cookie

Ingredients

• 1 tbsp Butter (unsalted if your fancy. Salted if you want the extra calories. The taste is the same the only difference is the shame you feel)
    • 1 tbsp white sugar
    • 1 tbsp brown sugar
    • pinch of salt
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 3 tbsp all purpose flour
    • 1 tbsp chips of some kind (chocolate, butterscotch etc)

Utensils

• A friggin mug
    • A stupid microwave

Steps

• Microwave the butter in the mug until fully melted about 30 seconds to a minute. Once done dump the ingredients into the mug and mix with a spoon. Fold in your chips.
    • Microwave on high for 40-50 seconds. Serve warm.

So yeah not super complicated. It's very good though and great if you're looking for a quick easy baked good with no cleanup. It's great with ice cream too.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Hey hey your recipes have big titles than mine. Gotta fix that...

Crazywolf Express Cheese Toastie

Anyone who ever made cheese toastie in the grill knows it's a delicate job, you have to watch it constantly so it doesn't burn up and then flip it over without spilling the sandwich and then watch the other side. Well here is the faster/easier way to get a toastie...

Items:
    bread, butter, cheese.

How to make:
    Shove your bread in a toaster and toast it by itself. Now take out your toasted bread and make the sandwich. Drop it in the microwave about 20 seconds or until the cheese is melted.

(Of course you could also go out and buy a toastie machine but those things are a real hassle to keep clean.)
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 03-03-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Korzan I'm definitely going to make yours
    Lol Crazy I don't think these count as recipes

But I have a simple one too, so oh well

Griff's Eclair Cake (sort of)

What you need:
    Cake:
    1 serving of vanilla pudding (get a box of pudding mix and make what's in the box)
    1 box of Graham Crackers

Icing (it's just melted chocolate):
    4 tablespoons of butter
    2 tablespoons of milk
    Chocolate Morsels (around a cup, but really any amount is fine, depends on how much icing you want)

Steps:

For the Cake:
    Taking a large dish (like those glass ones that people put lasagna in or something) and put a layer of graham crackers in the dish, not overlapping or crushed, just the full crackers.

Scoop a layer of pudding overtop the crackers, spreading it out evenly to cover the cracker layer.

Put a layer of graham crackers over the pudding.

Add another layer of pudding on top of the graham crackers.

Top it with a final graham cracker layer and cover it in your melted chocolate. Refrigerate overnight.

For the Chocolate:
    Melt the Chocolate and the Butter together in the pan, stirring until melted.

Add the milk and stir some more, putting it on a high heat until it just begins to boil, then removing it from heat.

Allow it to cool slightly before pouring on to the cake.

It takes like 5 minutes and it's delicious!
    Last edited by Griff; 03-02-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Awesome contributions guys! Let me know how it comes out Griff! I'll also be attempting Imposter's recipe at some point next week, so I'll have pictures and such uploaded as soon as! I'll also be putting another recipe here next week as well!

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Does anyone have any good traditional Indian recipes? I want to make something different, but I have like no ideas.

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I don't have traditional but I do have a really good slowcooker chicken tikka masala that I'm going to upload here soon

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

That'd be great

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast