Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Never-Ending Conquest Player Characters

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Character accepted Hoef.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Player Name: Mfable
    Character Name: Arashi
    Alias(es): Blue Storm, Raging Storm, Stormcaller, Thunderclap
    Faction: Five Kingdoms
    Appearance: Arashi is large for his species, standing a foot and a half over the norm. He has dark blue-gray skin that is close to that of a storm cloud, and has piercing sea green eyes. His horns are impressively straight and look similar to lightning bolts. He wears his long black hair loose and wild.

Equipment: Arashi carries a standard nodachi, wielding it in either his right hand or in both. His backup weapon is a massive yumi designed specifically for him, and his large thigh quiver holds equally large arrows. He wears the heaving steel mail that his kind usually wears, but of a much higher quality. He refuses to wear anything to cover his face or head, preferring to let his hair flow free in the wind.
    Civil Attire: Arashi will always wear his armor when he can, even sometime when he is not supposed to. When he actually wears civil attire, it is usually just plain cotton pants and a cotton shirt when required.
    Mount(s): N/A

Mana: 20

Abilities
    Spells
    • Heaven’s Wrath – Arashi roars to heavens and it answers with the fury of a raging storm, bringing dark clouds, torrential downpour, raging winds, and frequent thunder and lightning. He has no control of the storm once summoned. (8 Mana)
    • Lightning Conduit – Arashi raises his nodachi to the heavens, channeling the power of lightning. A bolt of lightning streaks from the heavens to the tip of his nodachi, traveling through the metal and coursing through his body, only to explode from the fingertips of his other hand. If his hand is empty, it acts as an aimed lightning bolt. If he has an enemy grabbed, the lightning is channeled into the body of his victim. Can only be used in a heavy storm. (3 Mana)
    • Piercing Bolt – Arashi firs his massive yumi, and where his arrow strikes, so too does a bolt of lightning. Can only be used in a heavy storm. (2 Mana)
    • Storm Leap – A stray bolt of lightning strikes Arashi, and he disappears as he becomes one with the lightning, retreating into the storm. An instant later, he appears with the strike of another lightning bolt several dozens of feet away. Can only be used in a heavy storm. (3 Mana)
    • Thunderclap – Arashi roars to the heavens and it answers with a powerful thunderclap loud enough to temporarily deafen those close to him. Can only be used in a heavy storm. (3 Mana)

Passives
    • Blood of the Storm – Arashi and his equipment are immune to electricity and electrical burns, as well as natural environmental hazards such as thunder, wind, heat, and cold. This immunity does not extend to magical hazards of a similar nature, but does give him a measure of resistance to such forces.
    • Massive – Arashi is large even for his own species, towering over most of his kin. He has enormous strength and stamina, and can inspire fear in even the most resolute of enemies.
    • Storm Blessing – Arashi’s Blood of the Storm ability extends to those under his command, so long as they stay unwavering and resolute. Fear and disloyalty summon the wrath of Arashi –and the storm.

Powers
    • Grab and Toss – Arashi can hold a full sized man in one massive hand, lifting him off the ground and throwing him a dozen feet with little effort.
    • Martial Aptitude – Arashi was trained by monks at an early age, and has obtained a martial aptitude unseen among his people. He is quick and deadly, able to launch a flurry of attacks with his body as the weapon.

Backstory: Arashi’s birth was marked by a terrible storm that killed many of his tribe. Taking this as a dark omen, he was abandoned by his people in the woods to die. Fate, it seemed, had another plan for him. A wandering monk happened upon the large, squealing baby. Pitying the creature, the monk took it to his temple to die in peace away from the storm. Arashi did not die that night, and after a week, it became clear his will to survive was impressive. Much to the disapproval of many of the other monks, the man that found him decided to raise him there as one if his own. There he received a formal education, showing a natural aptitude for learning. When he was finally old enough, he followed his master on a pilgrimage.

It was on this pilgrimage that he finally learned the horrors of the world, constantly beaten and bullied by those that harbored a hate for his kind. It was on one of these days that he finally learned the true nature of his powers. He screamed to the heavens and it answered with a heavy storm, striking down the offenders with the brutal power of lightning. Seeking revenge, the group murdered his master and drove him off, framing the “beast” for his murder. He returned home to his kin, slaughtering a half dozen of them with his bare hands before they finally let him back into the tribe. He has resided with his people since that time.

Battles Participated In - None
    Last edited by Mfable; 03-11-2017 at 02:53 PM.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

THANK YOU FOR APPLYING FABLE I WAS HOPING YOU'D COME

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I really love this character Fable, accepted.

As for mana costs.

Heaven’s Wrath – 8 Mana
    Lightning Conduit – 3 Mana
    Piercing Bolt – 2 Mana
    Storm Leap – 3 Mana
    Thunderclap – 3 Mana
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

New replacement Power over Close Combat:

Unmask: Using her daggers or any dagger-like weapon, Khanna would be able to critically attack any shield or piece of armor with a precise strike and completely shatter or mangle it.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

With daggers shattering seems like a bit much but damaging would be alright, since Khanna isn't a super heavy hitter. Or if you want why not go with something like power shots letting your arrows do more against armor since Khanna is an archer?
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well what I had in mind wasn't that Khanna would slam her daggers at the shields or armor, but rather critically strike it at a 'weak' point. Like if one were to throw a rock at a piece of glass at one spot and the whole thing shatters or at least a good chunk. Not a very good analogy but eh.

Also Khanna already has Shieldbreaker which basically does that, though quite weakish.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Hmm alright I just wanted to make sure Khanna wasn't going to just run around treating armor like it's nothing with daggers.But going for crits is alright.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah, that would be weird :P

Go up against Yoggstrum with the daggers, completely decimate him xD.

Anyway, you'll be the judge on the effect of the strike so I think it's ok :P.

If it's alright, may I change it?

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yup go ahead.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast