47 Post(s)

Sounds like a plan then.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, these took longer than expected to write up (lots of thanks to my poor planing on that one >->)

Spoiler: Warren Feilt 

Spoiler: Durako Attcher 
    Last edited by max shadow; 09-21-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    We all hide behind a mask to protect who we really are. Some of us just happen to hide behind many, to hide just how broken we are without them.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'm possibly about to take a nap(Dogs are sleeping) but I will give these two a look over today!
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Actually couldn't fall asleep, so I looked them over they're both accepted! I like them. Though I do wanna talk about the one ability to instantly light things on fire even 50m away because that is a very powerful spell. I was thinking between 3 and 7 mana depending on the target.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

yeah I figured he would have powerful spells that cost a lot of mana so he can't use them often. may have a delay on that one to have it he targets something one turn then it ignites the next turn to give people a chance to react.
    We all hide behind a mask to protect who we really are. Some of us just happen to hide behind many, to hide just how broken we are without them.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

If it has a delay I'd lower the mana cost since that balances it out more. I generally like when spells aren't just free kills or things like that and can be countered, but only by people who are smart about it or react quick enough.

As for overall mana costs.

"Healing touch: By making physical contact with a person he can spend mana to heal that person as long as he maintains contact. The strength and mana drain of this ability increases with the number of runes he uses.
    (Simple cuts and bruises don't require a rune. Broken bones require 2 runes. Life threatening wounds require 4 runes) This is fine

Arcane impact: The user pools mana into their next unarmed strike or attack/block using a shield. Upon striking the mana is released as a kinetic blast to throw back opponents.
    (The use of elemental runes adds additional effects. Fire runes dramatically increase the temperature of items hit, items like wood and cloth have a chance to catch fire. Lightning runes add an electrical charge to the strike. Water runes turn the kinetic blast into a jet of water, this can only target 1 thing/person at a time but has longer range than other runes. Light runes momentarily blind those in front of the ability.) 2 Mana

Alchemic blade: Using Arcane magic Warren converts 8 metal plates into a short sword, using a pendant as a core to form the sword around and a length of fabric to form the grip.
    (There is nothing special about the sword itself other than its construction and hidden nature. It is 2 foot long and can be made from any material Warren can get enough of. The strength and sharpness of the blade is determined by what it is made of.) Free Mana Cost

Ghost walker: By manipulating wind magic the user creates a 1 meter radius of silence around them, no-one outside the radius can hear anything that happens inside the spell.
    (The spell is anchored to the caster, moving with them, it only lasts 5 minutes) 2 Mana"

"Spells -
    Flame breath: After a short delay Durako unleashes a burning wave of fire from his mouth, burning anything in line of sight in a 10m cone in front of him.
    (The charge up takes one post with the actual ability being used on his next post) 5 Mana

Targeted pyromancy: By aiming with his right arm Durako makes an object within 50m partly self-ignite, causing the object to start burning with a small fire on it.
    (The fire can spread if there are additional fuel sources such as wood. People close to the fire become aware of it as soon as it starts) 2-7 Mana Depending on target"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A few of those came out cheaper than I expected. Just to clarify what would be the mana drain per rune added for 'healing touch'?
    I feel it should cost around 2ish mana per rune for a total of 8 for all 4 runes. but I would rather have your opinion.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I was thinking similar yeah. And some things are a bit cheap but I try to balance considering what other characters have. Your characters are not as powerful relatively so they get things cheaper. Though still I could definitely see very effective ways to use them.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Okay, well I'll add those costs onto the two sheets now... then I'll try to sleep because it's 1:10 am here ;~;

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Good night! After some things wrap up we'll be starting the next round of battles.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678