Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looney toons {Dawn and Katrin}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Looney toons {Dawn and Katrin}

A rather exciting day for the young Slytherin. She's gotten to take a train. Seen a huge castle. And now, been sorted into a new house. Not to say anything of the feast! She'd never eaten so much in her life!!

She wasn't sure about her classmates. Half of them seemed all uppety to the young girl. She'd seen their kind before. In and out of foster care. They were the kind who would be lucky enough to get adopted. Only to be sent back because they decided it wasn't good enough for them. Katrin wished she could have even half the chances those kids did.

Still, she was determined to make at least one friend. Not all the Slytherin could be bad, she decided. And, with those thoughts, she followed her classmates out of the Great Hall. Trailing behind them, as usual. K-9 curled up on her lap, though on high alert. She didn't much like the noisy kids either.

With a bark, and a growl, and a ferociously wagging tail, the small puppy jumped off the girl's lap and took off like a dart. "K-9! GET BACK HERE!" Katrin cried out. The dog darted down another hallway, away from the rest of the students. Having no choice, Katrin follows after her. . .

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn was still taking everything in, the castling, the sorting, her new house mates. She was lost in deep thought as she'd strided after her house mates. This place was everything the stories said so far, it was wonderfully weathered. She knew a great battle had taken place here once but she had yet to see singes of it, even if the marks of the battle would be old. And as before the way they went about sorting was different but she felt a connection with the house she'd been placed in, They all seemed very warm, very friendly.

Duffy waddled hard at her heals, doing his best to keep up with his friends longer strides. His sleek iridescent feathers ruffled from time to time in what seemed frustration. His loud quacks were lost on the whirling mind of Dawn as she let everything sink in and pulled apart what she'd already gone through and what she was still expecting. It was all so exciting!

Dawn paused in her strides through when she heard a string of excited barks followed by a very startled rustle of wings and frantic quacking. Duffy just managed to avoid having his tail feathers pulled off as he dashed around Dawn's feet to avoid the dog that was perhaps larger then himself. "Oh! Oh my." Dawn said with wide eyes as she looked down at the scene with her good eye. She quickly leaned down and scoped up the wiggly furball just before it could catch the little duck. "Well." Dawn said with a slight smile. "Who might you be? Your a cute little bundle of energy aren't you?" She glanced around the hall searching for the potential owner. "Who might you belong to?" She asked the puppy, not expecting an answer as Duffy gave an indigent quack, ruffling his feathers as he glared at the puppy.

"Oh hush Duffy, you'll get your feathers all our of sorts, he didn't mean any harm, now did you?"
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The little puppy was no bigger than the duck. But, her paws said she was going to be much, mucj bigger when she grew. Her tail wagging so fast, it seemed to be but a blur. When the duck was scooped out of her reach, she began barking and jumping, attempting to get to it. Managing to get a few licks in.

Katrin comes bounding around the corner, chasing after the pup. Her eyes wide in panic. "K-9!!!!" She screeched when she took in the scene. K-9 didn't miss a beat. She simply ran over to Katrin and jumped in her lap. She turns a few times on the girl's lap, then lays down. Still looking at the duck. Katrin sighs, petting the dog. "Sorry about that... Is he OK?"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn turned her head slightly as she heard a shout. K-9? She watched the puppy scamper off to what could only be it's owner. Dawn smiled, Turning only partly as to keep the left side of her face from view, at least for the moment. A habit she'd gotten into a while ago when meeting new people who didn't know about her scaring. The usual reaction was shock maybe even disgust at first, it usually just made people uncomfortable.. She found it easyer to eas them into it. "Oh there's nothing to apologies for, Duffy's perfectly fine, just a little startled is all." She said gently petting the indignant duck who clicked his bill together and wiggled his tail.

She couldn't help but note the girl was in a wheelchair, a very blaring observation, not something you could miss. Dawn didn't seem to mind and took it in stride though, after all she had a feeling the girl got some of the same reaction she did. "My names Danna But most call me Dawn." She said shifting Duffy to under her arm as she held out her hand to the other girl to shake. "Did you call her K-9? what a strangely cute name." She said with a smile. It was strange now Canine was often what dogs were known as.
    Last edited by P.K.; 03-10-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She smiles at the young girl who turned toward her slowly. Noting the cautiousness. She noticed the scars. It wasn't something one could easily miss. But she didn't care. After all, how could she? She was even worse off. Stuck in the stupid wheelchair. She kept a hand gently on K-9's back. Almost as if drawing strength from the animal.

She smiles, relieved to hear the duck was safe. "I'm glad to hear it." She holds out her hand, to shake the girl's. "I'm Katrin Edlund!" She makes this announcement as if it were the name of a famous wizarding family. She knew no one would know the name. But, if she acted as if it were important, people would think it was. Some would even get embarrassed, or feel guilty, that they didn't know what it meant. That was always the best outcome. They'd make up for it by treating her better. It was only one of many tricks she'd learned.

She laughs when Dawn said the name of her dog was cute. She just grins. "It's off of a show." She explained. Though, didn't bother mentioning the name of said show. She had no idea if Dawn would even know it. It was obscure, even for muggles and muggle-born.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn took the girls offered hand and gave it a light shake. "Katrin ... I believe I heard your name called earlier, you were sorted into Slytherin correct? That's wonderful! Already making friends with other house." Dawn chuckled. "I've heard they are a very ambitious sort. I'm in hufflepuff myself." She said releasing the young women's hand. "I'm very pleased to meet you Katrin." She came to face the girl fully now her smile never wavering.

"A show?" Dawn mused. "Oh! one of the No-mages moving pictures its a TV Show right?" She grinned. "Oh, I didn't watch much on our TV back at home, There was always so much work to be done else where. But it sounds intriguing. No-mages are quite interesting, they don't have any magic of their own but they are always seeking to better themselves and the world around them with out magic! Oh. But I believe you call them Muggles here. Some of the things they come up with are quite fun arn't they?" she asked.
    Last edited by P.K.; 03-11-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin put her hand back on her lap the moment it was released. She nods, when asked if it was a No-Mag thing. "Yeah. It's one of the older ones." She said with a chuckle. "Not many people watch them any more. Much more Interesting things to watch." Clearly holding distain for the more interesting things.

She nods, when asked if she were Slytherin. "Yes. Apparently that stupid stuffed hat thought I had ambition." She also didn't hold much faith in this either. Certainly her other classmates didn't. She'd seen the stares, and questioning looks since the moment she sat at the table. She grins. "Professor Grimm is a hufflepuff too!"

"Why a duck?" She asked the girl curiously.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Well maybe if we ever get the chance you can introduce me to this show." Dawn Chortled. "From the way you talk of it it sounds more then intriguing." Though the girl hadn't said much about it her tone spoke volumes of what she thought about it. She'd probably had it rough by the looks of it but she also clearly had a lot of knowledge on muggle items. Dawn had some herself but it mostly dealt with menial farm tasks and caring for none magical creatures.

Dawn offered a smile as Katrin seemed a little upset with the hats choice. "Some things happen for reasons we don't know, and I've read that the Hat can see deeper into us then we can see ourselves. Perhaps you do have some form of ambition you just haven't noticed." Shifting Duffy once more into her other arm. "I'm sure there's a reason you've placed in your house." She said confidently. When Katrin mentioned Grimm She smiled. "You already know one of the professors?" she asked.

Glancing at Duffy who looked back at her with his beady black eyes she looked back to Katrin. "I couldn't say, He's always been with me since I first hatched him." She said. "I guess cant' bare to part with him and he gets awfully noisy when I'm out of his sight." She said bemusedly as she scratched the duck's head.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She grins, at the offer of watching her shows. "I'd like that!" She said with a laugh. She'd never had anyone actually show interest in anything she found interesting.

She gives a half smile. "I suppose. Maybe." She wasn't convinced about that either, but wasn't about to argue. She laughs. "Yeah. He's the one who told me. . . " She laughs, drifting off nervously. It was still strange. ". . .Tell me I was a Witch." She finished, looking down. Knowing she'd just revealed she was a muggleborn. The lowest from what she'd seen. They were looked down on. Even more so than her wheelchair. She'd heard whispers. Mudblood. in Hogsmead, and Diagon Ally. She'd asked the professor what it meant, but he hadn't answered her. But, she could tell by his reaction it wasn't anything good.

She laughs, reaching out to pet the duck. "Well, he is rather cute!"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn could tell the girl didn't seem to believe her her smiled slipped a little as the girl mentioned that she had been told she was a witch which meant she must be what others called muggleborn. Well the truth was that she was probably one herself. Besides blood purity didn't matter, It was what one did with the power they were given. She reached out and placed a hand on Katrin's hand with another smile. "That's great." She said. "Your a wonderful addition to the wizarding world, Don't worry your not the only one who had to be told."

When Katrin reached for Duffy he pecked at her fingers, not that it hurt at all but regardless Dawn tapped his bill. "What have I told you about pecking people, its not nice." She chided the little duck who wiggled his tail again and gave out a quack in protest. "He only pecks at people he's first met, He'll warm up in a day or two." Dawn said apologetically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast