Rushing to stack her sticks and kindling into a messy pile before her, she drew her wand.

"Lacarnum Inflamarae!" she bellowed loudly, swinging her wand in a rather wild arc in front of her. A rush of flame as orange as the girls' wild locks sprang violently to life, and the wave of hot air that accompanied it hit her straight in the face, the smell of burning hair wafting through the room as Tilly's eyebrows were singed in the heat

Katrin tries to hide a cough as the smoke makes it's way over to her. Chuckling lightly as the student called for more kindling.

She turns and faces the student as she comments on her own fire. "Thanks!" She exclaims. "Um. . . Maybe?" In answer to whether she could pick it up or not.

She turns and looks at the fire, pondering the question. The smell of smoke had been a reminder of how this wasn't just card tricks and illusions. So, the question was, did she actually trust what she'd done?

She grins, placing her hand over the fire. Not feeling much heat, she grins wider. This time, putting her whole hand into the fire for a few moments before taking it out. She then turns to the girl behind her "I guess I can!"

"Ooh, nice one!" Tilly congratulated, beaming at the girl. Then her expression became determined, eyebrows drawing together as she fixed a purposeful look at the new stack of wood the Professor had so effortlessly conjured for her. "Right...

Lacarnum Inflamarae!" she repeated the spell, her wand-work a little less violent this time. The orange fire blazed into life again, a bit tamer now but still quite obviously too hot to touch. Her poor desk was becoming quite scorched. After a moment, it petered out, and she looked up at Katrin again with a shrug.

"Third time lucky? He's pretty fantastic, isn't he?!" she commented on their teacher, gesturing toward him with her thumb.

Katrin laughs as another gust of heat comes her way. "Hey! At least we're not cold!" She says with a grin.

She turns her attention to Grimm as he gets the girl another stack of kindling, then goes on to the next question, smiling at her question. "He's amazing. Really! He took me in over the summer! Delivered my letter on my birthday!!!!" She said excitedly. She gestures towards the sticks. "Try again! Try again! You got it this time! Maybe try a little gentler." Rather enjoying herself.

"Wow, so, like, he adopted you?!" Tilly's eyes were wide and curious; "what about your real parents?" Instantly, the Gryffindor blushed, a guilty expression coming over her face. Nice one, dummy! she chided herself - it was really a terrible habit, saying whatever popped into her head.

"Sorry, I mean.. that was dumb. He seems really cool, I bet he's amazing to live with!"

Katrin didn't answer the question right away. She knew it hadn't been meant rudely. It was an honest curious thing.

She looks over at Dexter, watching the boy create a flame inside a flame. Fiddling with her own wand before snapping her attention back to the girl behind her. "I don't know. They died when I was hurt. . . Or, they just left me. I don't know."

She laughs at the next question. "Yeah, he's awesome! And can make the best birthday cake ever, with a real flower!!!!!!" She grins as she describes the cake he had charmed. Completely forgetting about her fire, or the fact she was supposed to tell the professor she had done it.