Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC - La Belle et la Bête - Dark pigeon / Scottishgal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Salvador was rather confused, never had his staff stopped him from doing what he wanted. If anything, it would happily help him to bring pain to others, so why not this girl? He understood that his staff did not want him to hurt the girl, he wasn't an idiot. His eyes were full of shock as he looked over at the girl as she pushed herself up to stand, never had he seen someone being able to do so quickly. As he now decided that he would not hurt this girl (knowing that his staff would make him look like a fool) he pushed himself up to his full height and felt the staff giving in, and following his master where he would take him. He tilted his head, trying not to show this young woman that she had been saved by the very staff he held in his hands, and not by himself. Stellos did not even dare to look at his sire now, fearing that his anger over not being able to hurt this girl would be turned towards him. "Good" Salvador said as he stepped closer to her, wanting to see her bow down deep in front of his feet. Feet that were sitting comfortably in shoes that were worth more than the very girl sitting in front of him.

He was so very intrigued by this girl, first the healing, than his staff... who was she, what was she? Stellos had clearly not told him everything, and for that he would pay. Salvador squatted down, making himself smaller as he wanted to look this girl in the eye. Why, what.. his mind was racing with questions he needed answers to right now. "Stellos, leave. I will deal with you later. Take the guards with you, I will deal with this girl on my own" Salvador said, his very voice betraying that 'dealing' meant pain and suffering for this man. "Mylord, are.." "LEAVE!" Salvador roared to the man as he dared to question his ruling. Stellos nodded and made sure that he and his guards would leave the king with this girl alone in mere seconds. Their feet could be heard scurrying along the cold marble floor, the door closing quickly as the last man had left the throne room.

He rose back to his full length and tapped his staff on the floor before letting it go. The very thing stayed close to Melia as the entire room started to change. The darkness left, the cold marble floor did not feel as cold any longer. The walls that had been hiding in darkness and shadows came back into view, showing its beauty and color once again. The very space that had felt as if it would devour your soul, now felt warmer and more pleasant. Salvador turned around and glared at his staff "Stop that" he told it, the staff did not react, if anything the very room became more vibrant in color and warmt, even the smell of freshly cut grass and flowers would soon fill up the throne room. "It seems that someone here likes you" Salvador said as he looked at those walls that he had been hiding for such a long time. The very sight of it made him feel miserable. "Tell me now girl, who has send you. How is it that you have come into my kingdom with your magic" He asked her as he sat down on one of the steps of the marble stairs that lead to his throne.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The polished floor showed a blurred reflection of the man who stood before her. She could see every movement he made without having to raise her gaze. She heard him speak and she closed her eyes to try and calm herself down. Her fingers stay outstretched though her right hand was stinging more than the other. Something was wrong with her right wrist, it was a darker red than the other and it was not healing. With her head lowered, her hair fell down over her shoulders creating a curtain around her. She could see his feet, they were horrible looking shoes. The type that someone told you were very good...purely because they were expensive. She smirked seeing them, their curved toe reminded her of the stories of jester shoes. If they had bells, oh she would be howling with laughter. She noticed that he was close to her and had moved to squatting before her. She kept her head down until he spoke, requesting the thing to leave. Melia slowly dragged her head up to stare him square in the eye, so he was to deal with her alone. That sent a small shiver of fear up her spine but she refused to look away.

When he shouted, she didn't flinch. She had been near people screaming before, screaming for attention and out of pain. She kept her grey eyes fixed on him, the green was startling in his eyes. She had never seen such a colour, so bright and inviting almost. He stood and a small part of her longed to see his eyes so close again, but it was harshly squashed by her disgust for him. The staff hit the ground again and then stayed floating beside her. She couldn't help but to stare at it. It was beautiful and all she knew about it....was that it had saved her. She didn't want to touch it, even if it had saved her...it had brought such hatred and evil to this world. Melia's attention was only taken from the staff when the wall behind it started to shift in colour. She blinked rapidly and slowly rose herself to standing. Turning to put her back to him as she followed the path of colour. The walls were intricately decorated and it felt like a layer of soot had been removed from the colour. Warmth hit her like a brick wall and she stumbled a step backwards. Her cheeks instantly flushed from the heat.
    She heard his biting remark and how it did nothing to stop the movement of the colour. A small smile drifted onto her face and she lost herself in the colours around her.

Her world was so grey compared to this room. Something hit her nostrils. She had never smelt anything like it. Never had she smelt the sweetness of red flowers or the richness of fresh grass. She heard his words and turned herself to see him. Her forehead furrowing with his statement, who liked her. Him...The staff? Her eyes flicked to the staff and she surveyed it closer when the colour finally stopped its journey. Another question and her forehead creased deeper. Who had sent her? How did she come into this kingdom? She raised an eyebrow and waited for him to sit down. "S...Sent me? I came here myself to get my father. And I came into this kingdom 22 summers ago. I was born on the outskirts of the city and I have sent all my time here wanting to leave." Her eyes narrowed as she watched him. "No one sent me into this kingdom. I am no ones messenger or spy thing. M...My magic is nothing. It only came about when I turned 7....and I kept it a secret from my family." Her jaw tensed and she dropped her gaze. "I was not sent here. I was born in this kingdom and I'll die here." Her words trailing off as she looked down at her hands. Her right wrist was surely swollen and red, it was painful to touch and she scowled at it. Why was it not healing...

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

She was not telling lies, he believed her when she said that she was born in this land and that she would die there as well. "Yes, you will die here. You are correct about that." he told her as he stayed seated on the steps of the stairs. He made sure to still look like the king that he was, but his curiosity made him look.. just a little bit less like the monster that she was. "Hiding magic, any magic is punishable by death. Every single kingdom has agreed upon this after the deviating war that has destroyed the elven kingdoms. Every single person in the world knows this, I could have you hanged for this and nobody would blink an eye." He told her rather matter of fact, she knew that this was true and because of this nobody dared to hide their magic.. so why had she? She had no reasons to distrust the other mages in this world. The only one she had reasons to distrust was Salvador. He looked different in the warm light, even he seemed to enjoy the warmth that flooded the throne room, even he had not felt it for a very long time. His body seemed ill, his skin pale and almost gray, his body looked as if someone had pulled some skin over his bones. His hair was long and sat flat on his head as the rest falled over his shoulders. His eyes were truly the most remarkable aspect of him. They were truly radiant and had this remarkable color of green that Melia had never seen before. It truly was a pity that they seemed so full of hatred and anger.

" 7 years old you say? Humm... it is quite old for a child to discover its magic by then. How did you find out that you were gifted.. and why keep it hidden? You want to leave my kingdom? Why not do so by learning with the brightest and most gifted of mages? Become someone with some importance." He tilted his head as he noticed that her wrist was looking.. different. Not that he truly cared about her well being, of course he did not. But he wanted to know how far her healing powers went. She could already heal her own body, and this without any training. She was very gifted, and he did not want to let go of someone like her. "Heal your wrist." He told her as he got on his feet again as he rose to his full height. "Concentrate on the bone, try to feel where the wound is, where the bone broke, how it broke. Feel every single fiber of it, see it with your inner eye. Make it as clear to you as I am standing right before you" He told her, his hands behind his back as he stepped closer to her.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Her eyes flicked back up to him, anger hidden behind the layers of grey. She tilted her head to one side, she knew the rules. She kept it hidden for good reason. She blinked slowly, being hung was nothing now. To feel that pain again, to see her family killed before...she would skip to the gallows if she was given the choice. Melia couldn't help the small smile that graced her lips when she watched him revel in the warmth. He looked like a fat cat that had found a sunny patch. She dropped her eyes again when she caught his eye. Something about the green made her stomach twist and she had to stop herself from looking at them. "Um....I fell...near the forest." Her words blunt like she didn't want to give him the full story. "I cut my leg and I managed to stop the blood." She flicked her eyes back up to him and frowned. "I kept it hidden for many reasons. I couldn't leave my family, not then and....I..I don't like..." She trailed off as she noticed him looking at her funny.

She watched his eyes trail to her wrist and she tried to hide it. But he had noticed, of course he had. "I..I can't." She took a small step back from him as he stood. "I can't." She repeated her words harsher this time. Another step back and she held her wrist in her hand. She faltered in her next step and tried it. Closing her eyes as she tried to picture it, concentrate on the bone. Feeling where the break was. Feeling each and every small break that it had. She tried....and tried...but her breath got caught in her chest and her anger trampled her thoughts. "I can't." She said loudly. "It's broken. I can't fix bone." Her angry eyes settling on him. Another step back and she felt around with her fingers, trying to gently click the bones back into place to at least help with the healing process.

Tears prickled at her eyes as she heard a gentle click within her wrist. "My wrist is fine...I don't need to heal it." She dropped her hand to beside her. She let her eyes follow to the ground as she was annoyed at herself. Annoyed for failing again, annoyed for having to explain this to a man who could kill her for not revealing her magic sooner. Annoyed that she was stuck here. She just wanted to go home. She wanted to go back and eat her mothers stew, sing to Sophia and sleep. Melia felt like she had been awake for years, the day had barely begun but she felt ready to pass out. She didn't understand why he cared, did he not want a toy broken before he "played" with it. The mere thought made her recoil and her stomach flip. She flexed her fingers on her right hand and winced from the pain, the break was still there. But there was nothing she could do.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"DO NOT LIE TO ME!" the room that had been silent for just a little while was now interrupted by his anger and inpatients with her. He knew that she was not even truly trying, but then again.. he knew how difficult it was to learn to mend bone. He knew, and he knew that she would indeed not be able to do this until she had learned the proper spells and rituals that came before mending bone. He took in a deep breath of air and walked up that damn stairs, to that horrid throne of his. "Vermin, where the fuck are you" He said angrily as he came closer and closer to the throne a small figure appeared from behind it. "Yes sire?" it said with soft high pitched voice that would irritate your very hearing. "Bring her to goat, have her washed.. do something about that hair and throw away her clothing. Find her something popper to wear. She's to stay" Salvador explained to the imp that looked up at his master with such... affection that it was rather improper. "Her.. dresses sir?" The creature asked as he looked down at Melia with hunger settled in his eyes. "Of course not you fool!" HE said, kicking the creature down the stairs, which surely had to hurt the small creature quite a lot. He bounched off the stairs and landed in front of Melia's feet. "Of course sir.. other dresses, other dresses... the .. lace ones sir?" The creature asked, looking up at Melia as her rubbed his sore little head. "No, you damn idiot.. not the lace ones. Have Goat decide, she knows what I want' he told the creature as he sat back down on his trone.

He held out his hand, and as soon as he did the staff rushed over to him, nearly hitting Melia against the shoulder. She could feel the very air move as it rushed past her. The staff stopped as it sat safely in Salvador's hand. "I will see her at dinner. Make sure that a seat is made ready for her" Salvador said as he wrapped his fingers around the staff. Vermin looked surprised, not overly surprised... but surprised none the less. "Yes sir, of course sir." He said as he bowed down deep and grabbed the skirt of Melia's dress and started to pull her along to a smaller door at the side of the throne room. Salvador looked around the room and tapped the staff on the floor. The warmth, the smell of fresh cut grass and flowers, the vibrant inviting colors... it all dissapeared and made place for that same darkness and cold again.

"Come, come along.. hurrryyy!!" the imp pulled as hard as he could on her skirt as they had left the throne room. "Many scrubbing, much soap... many cutting of the hair! Do the thing, wrap the cloth! You need to be ready" he said as he was almost jumping up and down to just make her walk a little harder. "Meet Goat, she nice. You be good to Goat she good friend of Vermin. You need friend here, very important." he told her as he looked up at her. They walked through the maze of corridors, turning left and right, going up stairs and down until they reached the staff housing area. "Goat, where are you!" Vermin called out as the other staff members made sure to stay away from Melia and the imp. A girl stuck her head around the corner and smiled as she saw Vermin, a smile that left her lips as she saw the other girls. Instead she looked worried. She was a lovely young girl, blond curly hair, blue eyes and freckles all over her cheeks. She was a little bit chubby, and as she dried of her hands on her skirt she walked over to Vermin and Melia. "Washing, cutting of the hair, good dress.. not the lace.. he not want the lace. Ready for dinner, she eat with him so make food must do Benjamin" Vermin told Goat. The girl nodded and looked behind her. THe big cook was already slaving away as he heard his name. "What? Oh fucking hell!" The man roared as he looked over at his perfectly arranged ingredients. "Just go! If she's not ready we all got to deal with it" He said to goat as she was normally to help out the cook. Goat nodded and smiled "You be back when you are done with her alright! Someone needs to help Becky with Jay" he said to goat, the girl laughed and let out a soft bleat. "Thanks" Benjamin said with a kind smile, before he waved Goat off so she could go and help Melia.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The roar filled every space in the room but she wouldn't shy away. She knew an angry little child when she saw one. She saw them every day, shouting and throwing tantrums and never once did flinching away get you anything. So she glared back at him. She took another step back though when he got closer. She scowled when she thought he was calling her vermin. Then a creature appeared. She had never seen anything like it and couldn't take her eyes off it. Goat. Washed. Stay. Her stomach dropped when he said that, she was to stay. She could not run out and see her family. She would not see the gallows or meet a gruesome death...just yet. She didn't know what she would prefer at this moment, staying with an angry man baby or swinging from the gallows. She took another step back when that hunger reached his eyes. Even if she feared this small creature, she felt sympathy when it hit the floor. There was Goat again. She was very confused but watched the man sit down on the throne. She scowled up at him as she moved over to the imp. Almost shielding him with her skirt from the cruel king.

Then the staff whizzed by and she swore that she felt it graze her skin. She gave him a final glare before letting the imp tug her from the room. She clambered through the door and quickly tired of having him tug her skirt. So she dropped her hand to his and took his hand in hers. That got a shocked look but he continued to scurry away. She let him lead but at one point she felt like she should have taken a left. The corridor was dark and empty but she wanted to take a left. Her slow steps were not tolerated and the imp continued to tug her along. Scrubbing, soap, cutting her hair. Oh hell no. Do the thing. WHAT THING. Her forehead creased as he continued to pull at her hand. "Okay. Okay. I promise." She said softly. Though she disliked calling him Vermin. "Have you another name?" She tried to ask him but they started to run down a stair case and then they were in a bustling room.

She felt disorientated by how many people there were here. Goat. She had no clue what to expect but the girl that arrived was nothing like she expected. She was pretty, beautiful curly hair and Melia gave her a beaming smile. For she looked like the first friendly face that she had seen here. The massive man that was slaving over a stove scared her but not as much as the noise that left the young girls mouth. She bleated...like an animal...like a...GOAT. Oh goodness. Her eyes went wide but she allowed the girl to tug her away. Another door and then another corridor. Melia felt like her mouth was dry but she attempted to speak to the young girl. "Um...Goat is it?" The girl bleated back and Melia felt like she was dreaming. She barely had time to speak again when she was pulled through a small doorway and the young girl slammed the door. Melia was in awe at the room, an entire room dedicated to a bath. She had never....wait...Goat had already started to tug at her dress. Tearing her skirt off as the bathtub beside them filled up with water. Soap bubbles bubbling up to the rim as Melia tried to fight with the young girl who was undressing her. Melia lost the fight and was protesting the bath when she was harshly pushed into the water. Water spilled over the rim of the bath and Melia surfaced, bubbles covering her face as Goat attempted to bleat a small laugh at her.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Goat let out a poof or air and grabbed the nearest firm brush that she could find. Now that Melia had to be ready for Dinner she had a whole lot of work to do. Not only needed this girl a proper bath, properly for the first time in her life. But she needed a hair trim, nails cut, ears cleaned, skin scrubbed, scented oils, hair put up, and a proper dress for dinner. Goat already felt like she had to little time to do so, but Goat was a miracle worker! She would get this done, and started to scrub Melia's skin with that firm brush she had found. She really put her weight behind it, and scrubbed until her very skin would become raw and red. Never had this girl been that clean! Goat her tongue stuck out of her mouth, she seemed so very concentrated as she worked on Melia..

Oils were added to the water by Vermin who did his best to make the right mixture of herbal and floral scent. Despite his looks and stature, he truly seemed to know what he was doing, as he created the perfect scent that fitted Melia just perfectly. The poor creature had to jump up every single time he had to ad a few drops of oil, but he did not seem to mind at all. "This one for hair, make shiny and easy brushing" Vermin told Goat as he gently gave her the small bottle. The girl smiled and nodded, but quickly stopped doing so as she wasn't sure if they could trust Melia or not. "Girl broke wrist, she many pain. Careful with scrubbing, I tell Becky, she make tea that help." he told Goat as he walked over to the nearest seat and climbed upon the chair so he could watch Melia and Goat. He seemed tired as he sat there "Goat can not speak, you wish to talk, talk to Vermin. He explain things to you, make you know rules." He told her as he pulled at his little boots. "If you talk to goat, one bleat is yes, two is no. Ask question she can answer with yes or no." He explained to Melia, if she ever wished to talk to Goat, she now understand how it was done. He smiled a crooked smile which showed off his sharp little teeth. Doing his best to look friendly "You ask question, many question! You need be ready for dinner. You behave, you be not hurt. You not behave, he get angry.. nobody happy when he angry. He not only take out on you, but us to. So we take care of each other. You do so, we do so" The Imp explained as he checked the nails of his small little hands.

Goat let out a single bleat and nodded as she calmed down on the firm scrubbing as she notice that it was hurting Melia. " No talking back to king, no looking angry at him, keep eyes on ground. He ask question, you answer and tell truth. If not he know, staff tell him. He name Sire, or My king and nothing else. You do ask he tell, you can not do so try, and try good. Not try is no good. He always right! Never tell him he not, even if he not right.. make him think he is.. not important." Vermin explained to her quickly as he rubbed his little knees and the back of his head. He truly had made a bad tumble, and already knew he would be sore and bruised all over the next day.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia dragged her knees to her chest and tried to fend off the scrubbing brush. She had never been scrubbed like that before, she felt like the girl was tearing off layer after layer of skin. She winced and tried to scramble away from the woman but she had a firm grip on her left wrist. She glared at the woman when she continued to scrub her poor skin. She yelped when she felt something cold hit her legs, then yelped again when she realised it was that small imp from before. Dumping something into the bath. It stung at her eyes from the strength of it. She had never thought herself as dirty or smelling but the little thing seemed frantic in his dumping of sweet oils. Melia heard the thing comment on her wrist and she dumped the wrist under the water. Giving the young girl a wary eye as she tried to shy away from her. Melia had figured out that Goat could not speak. She flicked her eyes to the small imp and watched him carefully. What even was he? He was not something she had happened across before.

She stayed quiet, listening to the small creature. He wanted her to ask questions, it seemed that any mistake she made would not only effect her....but all of them. A soft bleat behind her showed confirmation and the scrubbing calmed gently. Melia glanced back and gave the girl a small attempt at a smile. Then she heard that she had to call him sire...or my king. She rolled her eyes until it hurt. "Ummm...." The word was drawn out, stinging her tongue as Goat moved to scrubbing her legs. "Can I call you something else?" Melia turned and asked the small imp. "May I call your Verrie? Or something." She waited for a response but another question bit her tongue. "And....Am I the first girl to be here....What happened to the others...what will happen to me...Do I have to stay?" She sounded so very young in her questions. Goat moved to her legs and raised them, scrubbing at the skin and trying to be gentle around her many bruises. She could not heal bruises, not any faster than anyone else. They were small signs of defeat that littered her body.

Melia snapped her eyes from Goat back to the small Imp. "I do not think if I behave I will not be hurt. B...But I will try." She said softly, her eyes moving to the water that was growing darker with every scrub. "W...Um...W...What will happen tonight?" She sniffled gently, tears were threatening to spill out. She knew dinner but what about after. What about all the horrible things he told her father? Would he use her and throw her away? The mere thought made her want to be sick. "How do I keep him h.happy?" Her eyes stayed on the water as a tear dribbled down her cheek. Goat moved to her hair and tugged it up into a high bun so that she could scrub her back. Melia snapped a hand back and covered the back of her neck. Holding it in place, she didn't want it touched. She hated having it touched, it sent horrific feelings through her spine. Another tear dribbled down her cheek and landed into the now mucky water as she struggled to accept that this was now where she was meant to stay.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Vermin shook his head voilently "No calling different name, I Vermin, she's Goat! If he find out you call other name, we be punished" He said almost in a light panic as he feared that this girl would be the death of them. Goat even bleated ones to confirm that she did not want her to call her by any other name. She was as lucky to be called goat, that bleating was the way she spoke. It could have been so much worse, that she knew better than anyone else. "You not first girl, girls came before you, girls come after you." Vermin told her rather bluntly as he stretched his little back. Goat looked over at him and looked worried about Vermin. He did not deserve any of this, he was such a kind hearted soul. "Yes you have to stay, stay until he tells you otherwise." Vermin told her, bluntly. He was not go to make any of it sound better than it was. "Though" he got of his chair and walked over to her. He had his hands on his hips as he looked up at her, there was something about this girl that had made everything go so very differently. Never had Salvador invite someone like her to come and eat with him.

"NO.. NO! You do BETTER! Not try but DO! You suck up pride, such up anger! You please him! " Vermin told her rather angrily. How dare she suggest that she was to try, was she an idiot! Had Salvador not just torture her?! "Little woman, you not understand. He kill you, he hurt you, he make you beg! He very good in mental torture. He hurt your family, make you see! Yes, he maybe hurt you because he like! But..." He looked over at goat, the girl had not yet heard about what had happened... but Vermin had seen it with is very own eyes. "Something stop him, something stop him hurt you. He ask questions, he want know you. He invite you to eat with him. You different, he not eat with girls. Room was full of light, warm... never seen before by us. Something is off... I not know what, not why."

He crawled on Goats lap and made his way up to her neck so he could sit there. He had both feet hanging over her shoulders, and his little arms resting on Goats head as the girl kept scrubbing away. "He want to know you, you tell him. You tell him nicely, respect. You say food is good, you thank him for eating. Say, thank you for bath, thank you for good dress.. pretend he not an evil vindictive man. Pretend he nice, pretend he good man." Vermin told her, not even knowing if this would truly help. Goat carefully nodded and let out a single bleat. Of everyone in this damn castle, Vermin knew Salvador the best . "I talk to King, I tell him you want to ask question. You curious about you magic, you very sad not pleasing him healing broken arm. He might be thinking "i can help girl, I know magic" He very proud man, he always thinking he best mage. We pet his ego, make him think you like him" Vermin said, nodding as he planned his little plan. "But you do this, you be off good" Vermin told her, hoping that she would agre upon such a plan.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia blinked rapidly at the violent response. She had to call him vermin. The panic in his voice nearly made her panic, Goat bleated to confirm this and she wanted to go home. She wanted to go home now. Another tear dropped into the water, she was not first nor would she be last. She would not stay here like a toy, it was not fair. If it came to it, she would tear her throat out. She would rather choke on blood than be a thing. The creature was not helping her at all, she felt him walk closer and then heard him shout at her. She turned her eyes to him and glared at him. Pulling herself closer to him, anger clear in her deep grey eyes. "I will do as I can. Do NOT tell me to stop my pride and please that monster. Of course I understand." She said angrily, her voice echoing around the small room. "He has already told me what he would do to them. How they'd rape my sister, make my mother watch and skin my father alive. I cannot stop him. But...But.. What if I wish for death hm? What if I think it better than spending time with that beast." Her words spitting at him until Goat tugged her hair back. She sent a seething glance to the other woman and kept her knees close to her chest.

She didn't pay attention to that creature any more. She concentrated on the dirt swirling around her. How it drifted on and off her skin. The thing kept talking to her, telling her to be polite. Telling her to do as she was told. Say thank you for the food, for the bath and for the dress. She stopped crying now, she was ready to scream with anger at that little thing. What else would she say thank you for hmm. For him stopping his torture of her. For him stopping the death of another. Or anything worse he decides to force upon her. She glanced at her wrist again and noticed that it looked slightly better. That clicking them into place was the best thing she could have done. She swivelled her eyes back to Vermin and stared at him. "Fine. I'll do that." Goat patted her arm and Melia stood, the water falling off her as the dirt slid back down into the tub. She threw a small bucket of water over her and she was wrapped in a large piece of cloth.

The next half n hour was horrific. Her hair was pulled back and trimmed and then piled up in soft curls. Melia had fought the updo but Goat snapped at her fingers. Seeing the scar across her neck clearly for the first time, it looked angry like it had happened mere days ago. Goat did not touch it but continued with every thing else. Melia stayed silent other than agreeing to what Vermin demanded of her. She asked Goat quietly what she should do, if she should stand , stay still. The girl bleated back every response until Melia stood before a grubby mirror. Her body squeezed into a dark red dress. It hit the floor and was cinched at the waist. It had a simple sweeping neckline and looked expensive but not sparkly. Melia hated her reflection, she wanted her old clothes back but she had seen Vermin march out the room with them. Her hair was washed and shone in a beautiful updo. Her nails were freshly washed and trimmed. Her right wrist was bruising gently, turning a brilliant purple colour. She sat where Goat gestured to and waited for her next instruction. She was about ready to give up, already planning on which knife to kill herself with at dinner.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast