Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC - La Belle et la Bęte - Dark pigeon / Scottishgal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Vermin dropped his little shoulders as Melia showed her anger towards him. He had not meant to make her upset, it was just that he always had to deal with this shit all the damn time. He was so tired of it all, and sometimes forgot that the girls that came to 'visit' Salvador, were here for the first time. "I am sorry that I yelled" he said, his voice calm as he brushed Goats hair back. The girl gently patted Melia's arm in an attempt to calm her down. Goat gently placed Vermin on the floor so she could concentrate on helping Melia out of the bath so they could deal with the girls hair. "I sometimes grow insensitive if it comes to these matters" Vermin said as he kept his back turned towards Melia and Goat, he would not loop upon the naked form of Melia as he spoke to her. "I deal with the household. I make sure that dinner is on time, that our king is tended to perfectly. Keeping the castle clean, keep the household staff at work and safe from our lord and master. It is not an easy task... he's not a man that is easily content" Vermin said as he looked around the bathroom while Goat was tugging on Melia's hair in the hope that it would be more presentable.

"I am sorry that you are here, and under these circumstances. It can not be easy to be away from ones family. I promise you that we will help you to make sure that he steers away from hurting your family. We have done so before, we have even succeeded.. a couple of times. But things are as they are right now, and the only person that can truly help you now is you. We all have to suck up our pride, pretend that we are content in working here. Nobody here is glad that they work at the castle... .well.. maybe the soldiers are. Steer clear from Stellos!" He turned around and held his little finger up in the air, this truly was a very important tip!. "Stellos is even worse a monster than our king. He does everything he can to please him, and takes out his anger to those that stand below him. At least our king has the decency to... to.. emm..." He shook his head, nope.. his king did not have any decency. Goat looked down at the little imp and showed him with sadness in her eyes. Vermin knew Stellos better than the rest of the household, and from what she had heard he truly was a monster.

Goat tossed the dirty clothing of Melia towards Vermin, and gestured towards him that they could be taken away. If anything, Vermin was only making Melia more uncomfortable. She needed some rest, some time to think.. and she could not do so with the Imp talking up a storm. She patted Melia on her shoulder and smiled to her through the mirror. Now Melia had some time 'alone' even though Goat was still working on her.

When she was finally done, Goat walked with Melia out of the bathroom and back to the kitchen. She needed to learn about all those forks and knives, how to hold a cup, how to drink, how to eat, swallow, bow down for her king.. all the shit that one needed to do when in the company of a man quite like Salvador. Vermin gone, doing chores and making sure that everyone was doing as they should. As they reached the kitchen, they could smell the wonderful cooking that was going on inside of the kitchen. The table was set for one, as it would be in the dining room later on. Becky, Goats mother and the wife of Benjamin was waiting for the Melia and smiled gently as the girl walked into the kitchen. "Welcome dear, I am Becky and this wonderful angry looking man is Benjamin .. my husband." She said sweetly. She was a fat small woman, blond curls and freckles quite like Goat. Benjamin only looked up as he heard his name "Welcome, sit down.. I made some soup for us all. Best that you have some food in your belly before you get to meet our lovely king again" the man said, his voice incredibly heavy, his eyes set on eternal anger and frustration. "Yes, yes" Becky said as she walked up to Melia and lead her to the table. "You have met my lovely girl L.. Goat" She said as a towel hit her from behind the head. "Careful! We don't know if we can even trust that girl." Benjamin told his wife. "Oh come now.. we are all in the same mess now aren't we dear?" Becky asked Melia gently.

Benjamin only growled and kept stirring in the large pot in front of him. Dinner was still a couple of hours away, but there was still a lot to be done for him. "Just teach the damn girl. She be gone soon enough and you be left in tears thinking you lost a damn friend" Benjamin told his wife as he kept his eyes on the meat that he was cutting. "OH STOP IT!" Becky said, nearly in tears as she rubbed Melia's back. "we.. come dear, don't you listen to that big angry man. He sometimes forgets his maners. He's nothing but a grumpy old bear! He's a fool darling, you will be alright! Come.. let me tell you about all those forks and knives.. " She said sweetly as she gestured for Melia to take a seat.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia made a mental note to apologise to the small imp. She understood better that all of them had been here for a while. They knew what would happen but they had grown to see the girls he toyed with as toys. He had grown to be insensitive to them if they caused pain to the others. Melia did believe the imp that the bastard who sat in the other room was not the most pleasant boss in the land. This was the longest she had been away from her family, she had never visited her brother in his new house so being here....felt like an eternity away from home. She was happy that he suggested they could try to keep her family safe, that was all she needed to hear. She wanted her family safe and happy, she wanted them to live out their days together even if she could not be there with them. Stellos was obviously a piece of work, she knew that he had done something to her father. She was certain of that.

The corridor felt like it was never ending, she had stopped again when she passed a room. Her forehead creasing as she was certain that she should never pass it without peering in. The heat hit harshly and she wrinkled her nose when the food drifted to her. It smelled delicious, she had never smelt anything like it. The table was set for one....she was confused about that. Wouldn't they eat with her? She flinched when a happy voice filled the room, turning back to see a shorter and plumper version of Goat. Becky. Melia made sure to note their names, Benjamin. He was the type of man that she wouldn't want to meet in the dead of night. Anger registered in every single one of his movements. Soup. Melia lived off soup, so she was pleased. Melia watched the small family squabble and blinked rapidly. Not yet opening her mouth to speak. Oh that was blunt, Melia snapped her eyes to the large cook. 'She be gone soon enough' Not if Melia had anything to do about it. Melia felt a hand rub her back as she was pushed into a seat. Melia gave the older woman a small smile and nodded. "I...I only know that one." Her fingers hovering over the largest spoon before them.

Becky smiled and let out a small sigh, this was surely going to be tough. It was soon apparent that Melia could pick up things very quickly, especially if they were handed to her. After a short half hour, Becky tested her. Melia picked up every fork and recited what they were for before moving onto spoons and then onto knives. Pain hit her hand when she picked up the first knife, a steak knife, by the blade. Becky made a soft shrill noise as she took the blade from her hand. "Oh dearie me. Don't pick them up by the blade. Not even the ones you think are dull" Melia nodded as Becky pressed a cloth into her palm. She should have know that, her brother always had a small knife for hunting near the forest but she just presumed....that they were different. She continued the rest of her test, pointing out which glass to drink from and when to drink from it. She placed down the cloth as her hand had healed beautifully must to the surprise of Becky.

Once she was truly taught well and had finished the beautiful soup, she was shooed out of her seat. The room was getting steadily busier as more and more people appeared, coming to help Benjamin make dinner or clean plates etc etc. Goat was shooed out with her, she was tasked with taking Melia where she needed to be next. Melia kicked at her dress as she wandered through corridors with Goat. Stopping occasionally at paintings and beautiful ornaments. One corridor they passed was darker than the others, she stopped and stared down it with awe. She knew this place, she had dreamt about it many a time before. She could barely step foot into it when Goat tugged her down another corridor and towards where she was meant to be.

Benjamin only growled and kept stirring in the large pot in front of him. Dinner was still a couple of hours away, but there was still a lot to be done for him. "Just teach the damn girl. She be gone soon enough and you be left in tears thinking you lost a damn friend" Benjamin told his wife as he kept his eyes on the meat that he was cutting. "OH STOP IT!" Becky said, nearly in tears as she rubbed Melia's back. "we.. come dear, don't you listen to that big angry man. He sometimes forgets his maners. He's nothing but a grumpy old bear! He's a fool darling, you will be alright! Come.. let me tell you about all those forks and knives.. " She said sweetly as she gestured for Melia to take a seat.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

An entire day had almost passed with Melia being in the castle. She would soon find that many paintings were taken from the walls, leaving bare spots on the walls where you could see the discoloration on the richly decorated wallpaper. The only paintings left were of animals or sceneries. But nowhere, not even one single time would she find paintings portraying the king himself, or his ancestors. Vermin came walking up to both Goat and Melia, his little feet carrying him as fast as he could to reach them just before Goat took Melia around the corner. "She learned, she did the thing?" He asked Goat nervously as he tugged his boots up. Goat let out a single bleat and nodded, she even smiled proudly as she knew that Melia had just been the perfect student. "Good, good.. he be pleased. I teach you myself, but little time. You be fine, he in good mood. He very exited because you have magic. Try to talk with him bout magic, ask question. Maybe he leave you alone this evening, maybe he want you do other thing." Vermin said smiling, even nodding to make Melia truly believe that something else could happen tonight than what she had been fearing.

Goat seemed very surprised, she had never met another magic user besides Salvador. She wasn't sure if she felt all that good about it, if she was even safe. From what she came to understand, magic corrupted, and because of that you became evil.. it had to be like that.. right? Well, not the lord of light of course, he would come and safe all of them, she was pretty sure he would one day. "we bring you to dining room now, here you eat with him. You not sit before him, not eat before him, not drink before him.. Becky told you all this?" Goat let out a bored bleat and nodded.. duh! of course she had. "Just asking, make sure all good" Vermin said nervously as he stopped before a tall door that would lead to the dining room. "Good luck" he told Melia as he pushed open the door, to reveal the room behind it.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Her fingers danced over the walls, paintings had left them long ago. But the wall paper remained the same. It seemed like someone wanted the reminder of what lay there without actually seeing them. She heard Vermin before she saw him, for his small feet pattered against the hard floor. She gave him a small nod before following the two. She let her eyes drift over the wall as they spoke. Of course she learned, she was a fast learner. She raised an eyebrow, he was happy. That didn't seem right. She hated that he knew she had magic. It terrified her...because he could use it against her. Her wrist was a painful reminder of that. She nodded gently, wanting them two to leave her feeling a little more at ease. But her smile slowly faded, "maybe he leave you alone this evening", she didn't want to know what he would do if he didn't. She felt her stomach flip at the mere thought.

Melia nodded with every order that Vermin gave her. "I know I know." She said softly, though she could tell both were nervous now. The doors swung open. The room was immense, the only real light was a bubbling fire set in one wall. Vermin sauntered in after her, "Do not worry. He be here real soon. Be nice. Nice room." He said after Goat gave him a warning look. He was to be kinder now, for if he got her angry....before the King arrived...it could mean pain for them all. Melia wandered into the room, her eyes frantically flicking over everything trying to take it all in. She struggled to see much in the darkness but she still moved into the centre of the room. Just in line with the fire. She raised her eyes up and she swore it was like looking at the nights sky. With small dots of stars across the ceiling. She could lie down and stay there for hours. But the doors slowly closed behind her.

A single glance behind her, told her that Goat had left but Vermin stayed. The small imp slowly moved up beside her. Melia gave him a small smile before turning her attention back to the ceiling. She stared there for a few seconds more as Vermin muttered gently to himself. Going over the instructions he had been given and making sure that they were completed. Melia slowly lowered herself to squatting beside him and gave him a larger smile. "I am sorry for earlier." She whispered to him, knowing he would be scared that the king would hear. "I understand that you are worried for them all. You don't want them getting hurt. I will be on my best behaviour okay. I promise." She took his pinky finger and linked it with hers. She shook his hand gently before glancing at the large egg bump on his forehead. "I can help that if you'd like. At least stop the stinging." She said pushing herself to her feet. "You need only ask." She turned her eyes back to the ceiling and clasped her hands together in front of her.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Vermin was not really used to stranger making themselves shorter so they could see him eye to eye. He stepped back and stared down at Melia as he came to understand that she wanted to say sorry. He blushed and looked down at his shoes as he linked his little pinky with hers. "Gaw.. is alright, you nervous! Vermin understand. Vemin understand very good" he told her as he started to blush only that much harder. He looked up at his little head when she asked if he wanted her aid. "No, is good. If he see is gone, he make me new one. Having bumps keeps him from hurting me. He always want to see pain in Vermin. Bruises, bumps, cuts. If anything, they good" He said to her sweetly as he nervously looked around the room, knowing that soon Salvador would come and have his grant entrance.

A door at the other side of the room opened and a couple of soldiers walked in before stopping, standing on two small lines of 5 soldiers. Salvador was right behind him and walked over to the center of the dining room before the door behind him closed. He had changed his clothing, no longer a long trail, nor the heavy silk green he had been wearing before. Instead he wore a robe that stopped at his ankles, his robe was made of a thicker material, meant to protect him if the girl had any plans. He wore tight black leather bracers that were heavily decorated with gold, and his hair was tied back into a pony tail. He had not brought his staff this time, as he found that the damn thing needed a time out after what had happened earlier that day. "Well, well.. you clean up rather nicely" He told her as he waited for her to bow down deeply for him. "Good work Vermin, you can leave. I do not want her to look at you while she is to eat.. she might loose her apatite" He joked. Vermin nodded and chuckled "Of course sire, thank you sire" He said as he bowed down deeply while he walked back.

Salvador walked up to his chair and sat down, the table was heavily decorated with flowers in large silver vases. The plates and cutlery were all silver inlayed with gold. Everything reeked of wealth. Only when he had sat down she could do so as well, and by the looks of it she wasn't allowed to be to close to him with the knifes and forks laid out on the table. Instead she was to sit on the other end of the table, far away from Salvador.. but close enough so that they could have a conversation. "We do not pray to the gods here, nor would thy even hear you speak... now sit" he told her as he gestured for her to take her place.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia chuckled when a pink graced his cheeks, she sent him a wink. She did want to help him, she had even thought about just helping the sting but leaving the bump there. She was about to air her thoughts when the door slammed open. Her eyes snapped over to a row of soldiers who marched in. She would have stepped back if it had not been for Vermin holding her still. "Stay. Stay." He said softly as she counted the soldiers. She would have rolled her eyes as Salvador entered the room. Dear lord did he looked a right arse. He had changed himself into new clothing, his hair up and the staff was missing. She found herself drawn to those green eyes again, entranced in how they glanced her over. She slowly dropped herself down, her fingers outstretched until they hit the ground. She heard him speak to Vermin and thought that she would prefer the creatures company to the man before her. She waited a moment after Vermin left before bringing herself back up to standing.

She kept her hands clasped lightly before her stomach as he wandered around the table. Everything looked beautiful...and expensive. Never in her life time would she be able to afford even a spoon that lay on that table. Her eyes flicked to the knives that sat there and made good note of the largest and sharpest knife. When he gestured for her to take her place, she moved to the end of the table and sank into her seat. She had never before sat in such a comfortable seat and she believed that merely sitting on it meant she was decreasing its value. "I do not pray to any gods Sire." She said gently, trying her best to be polite. That was true, her father never instilled religion in his children. For the gods never blessed him or his wife so believing that a higher being could help them would only hold them back. Melia kept her hands on her lap as she dragged her eyes up the table to see him. She wanted to fidget, to drag her hair down over her neck to touch her face. Anything to break the silence. But she kept it there, like it was another party guest. Her eyes bounced over piece on the table before her. Counting them silently in her head until her eyes reached him. She caught his eye and held it, unable to look away from the brilliant green that sparkled back at her. Thought it may be filled with coldness and hate, she could not look away.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Salvador was content to hear that the girl would not beg over praying with her gods, this one seemed to learn quickly that you just had to do as he said, and that pleased him somewhat lightly. "It is not that they have granted you anything in life to be grateful off. Only the worthlessness of your existence and that of your family" Salvador said with a snide tone as he waved his hand into the air.The room started to get more lively, no longer this deadly silence that Melia shared with Salvador. Servants started to come into the large dining room that was as dark and uninviting as the rest of the castle. They brought with them plates full of food, and enough wine for both Salvador and Melia to feast upon. The entrée was set on the table before them; Lovely large prawns with garlic butter. The very sight of it truly was something Melia had never seen before. If Becky had not told her about the entire dining experience she was to have, the poor girl would never have known what those strange looking creatures were, and if she could even eat them.

Salvador noticed how she kept looking at him, how she was staring at his dramatic green eyes. Not many people that dared to look at him in such a manor, especially not after a torture inflicted by himself. This girl was truly unlike the others, and as he looked back at her he could see that her eyes were filled with much anger. Anger that she tried to keep hidden in order to survive. As whine was poured he waited for the servants to step aside so he could start eating, and have a conversation with Melia while they both enjoyed some food. She was one of the first captives that he would have dinner with. Especially this fast as they had only met hours ago. Even for him this was strange, but what was he to do? He was so very curious about her, he wanted to know more about the strange girl that had kept her magic a secret from others. Yes, he could have tortured her and play with the young woman, but even he was getting bored of the same old story, and even he wanted some change in his life. Even he needed to adapt, to survive.

"So" He said as he took a sip of his wine before starting on his first prawn. He could not help but to notice how the girl picked up the right utensils, she truly wasn't the idiot he found her to be. "If it pleases me that you are to join me at dinner, you will do so from this day on. I want to learn more about your magic, how you have kept it hidden. Surely others have noticed how your wounds have healed faster than others." He said, between bites and sips. "Please me enough, and I might allow you to learn to read, it is a waste to let an magic user go without learning."

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The smile on her face became strained but it remained. She watched his hand move through the air before the room sprung to life. Everyone who entered was desperate to please this man. As soon as it was full of people...it was empty again. Something hit her nostrils and she glanced down at the plate before her. Her eyes went wide but she didn't recoil. Becky had told her what these creatures were, she was just to imagine that they were small fishes. She could eat them...if she ate them the right way. Her eyes snapped back up to him and she noted the way he was watching her. Wine was poured and she waited until he started to move before she did. Becky had told her....that it was like a dance. That she had to follow his lead. He had to be first. She decided to leave the wine for now and work on the ...prawns? first. She picked up the right fork and knife before slowly taking one prawn to the side of the plate. She was careful in how she cut it up. Her concentration was dragged away when he spoke to her. She nodded gently, hoping that in whatever this was...she would do well enough to survive and to stop some of the torment that fell on these poor people. She opened her mouth slowly and cleared her throat. "I shall aim to do so Sire." Her words echoing through the room to reach him.

She popped a piece of prawn into her mouth and her eyebrows shot up at the taste. She had never tasted anything like it before. It was glorious. It was mouthwatering. It gave her an odd sensation....that this would be her last ever meal. She placed her cutlery down like Becky had instructed and took a small sip of her wine. It was a bitter wine and she felt like her cheeks were being sucked in from the inside. But she smiled, not wanting to drink too much for even a glass of wine got her tongue wagging. Read. Her eyes snapped up to him and she couldn't disguise her smile. Her brother knew some letters and words, he had to for his small jobs around town. But no one. No one in their village knew how to properly read. She always wanted to, there were so many things that she wanted to read. There had been an old book that was near the forest edge. She had hidden it but never read a page for she did not know how.

She slowly let her smile drop back to a normal polite one. "I would very much like that Sire." Melia kept her words at that same pitch, wanting him to hear everything. She tried to figure out how to word her past. How would she explain how she kept her power hidden? For only she knew about it! She was very good at hiding things. But she did not want to tell him that. She picked up her cutlery again and slowly pierced into the prawns. She happily ate away, doing just as Becky instructed. She couldn't help from flicking her eyes around the room. Picking out every servant that remained there and every exit. She had them all memorised before her eyes found his again. Her hand was wrapped around her goblet of wine and she took another sip. The red of the wine stained her lips and she couldn't take her eyes away from his.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

As the prawns were finished the second course was brought in by some of the servants. It smelled even better than what was brought to both Melia and Salvador before. While others collected the plates that stood before them. Another glass of wine was poured while Salvador looked down at his plate and nodded as he looked at the small roasted quail and baked sweet potatoes and some delicious vegies. He took his first bite and drank it down with some of the wine. Only when the servants saw that he liked the food they left. "Vermin will be teaching you to read. You will meet him every single day starting tomorrow. I can not be asked to listen to you while you pathetically try to make sense of the words scribbled down before you. As a king I have more important matters to attend to." he said as he dismembered the small creature on his plate by ripping the legs of his freshly roasted quail.

As he was nibbling on the fresh meat he looked at Melia again. There was something off about her. He was getting anxious that he wanted to get to know her. "As long as it pleases me to have you here in my presents. Nothing will happen to your family. Get on my wrong side, and I will take out my wrath on them first before I am to hurt a single hair on your head." He said with a smile spreading across his lips. "When I call for you, you will come. If I want you to share your bed with me than you will, I take it that you are untouched by any other man?" he asked curiously as he took a large sip of his wine. "I would not want to pleasure myself with a woman that was touched by another.. though I can look past it." he said as he shrugged, still drinking that horrid wine of his.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The last prawn was still sitting in her mouth when her plate was taken from her. She quickly placed her cutlery down and swallowed the last bite. Her cutlery was taken from her and new ones were brought. Another glass of wine was provided and then a new plate was under her nose. The shock on her face would be almost comical as she surveyed the bird before her. Rarely was meat part of her diet. Everything looked gorgeous. She carefully did as Becky had instructed, pulling the meat gently from the bird. She popped a little of the meat into her mouth and dragged her eyes back up to him as he spoke. Joy flooded over her features as he said that Vermin would teach her to read. She wouldn't mind seeing him every day and to learn to read. Oh it made her feel ready to burst. Even his insult could not disrupt her joy. "Thank you Sire." She said trying to contain her excitement but it was difficult. She popped a piece of sweet potato past her lips and munched happily to herself.

Her eyes were slowly tearing apart her quail before she started to cut it. She didn't want to make a mess. He spoke again and her eyes remained on her bird just a little longer. As long as he was pleased with her....nothing would happen to her family. Her fork nearly clattered against the plate but she caught it just in time. Her eyes wide with shock, she didn't know if he was teasing her. Her smile slowly faded when he said that he would harm them first before harming her. If she did any wrong...at all...It could be Sophia getting the punishment. She nodded to his first order and her eyes filled with a steely coldness with his second. If he wanted to share her bed....then he could. She shook her head slowly when he asked if she had been "touched" by another. She had never even kissed another man. She had been touched by a man, as in someone grabbed her arm or pushed her...But never in that way. She had even once used her womanly wiles to get a basket of bashed vegetables. But never had she been touched. Melia shied back into her chair and aired her answer, for she feared anger if she didn't. "No I have not been touched by another man. I think I repel them." She said her eyes dragging up from the potatoes on her plate to his eyes.

They were like a homing magnet to her. No matter what else was happening in the room, she wanted to see how it appeared in those eyes. She let her fingers wrap around her goblet and raised it gently to her lips. Keeping his gaze as she look a small sip. She did notice that he had changed his mind from earlier. Something he had screamed at her father about her being pure. Melia wondered if this would have been any different if she had accepted that young man's proposal. If she had said yes instead of shaking her head. If she had thought about herself rather than her family. If she did that....she wouldn't be in this mess. Red stained her lips and the wine brought a gentle rosy red to her cheeks. Even though she was staring into his eyes, she imagined that mans soft touch when he pushed her hair back from her eyes. A faint smile drifted onto her lips before she dropped her eyes back to her food.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast