Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC - La Belle et la Bête - Dark pigeon / Scottishgal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This night, quite like every single other night. Salvador was tormented by nightmares and night-terrors. Ever since he had lost his wife, his child, and his sanity. He was tormented with the sight of loosing them, watching them being killed over and over again, never being able to safe his wife or child. Every single time he felt helpless, no matter the magic he wielded he could not bring them back alive.. well.. he could, but you do not want to know what that looks like. So he woke up, early and bathing in his own sweat as he pushed himself up so he could ring that damn bell that would bring in his servants. He was still dead tired, but like always he would not be able to fall asleep anyway. He knew he had still a few hours left before the first morning meeting, the sun wasn't even up when he sat up in his bed and took in a deep breath as he waited for his Servants to enter.

It did not take long for them to arrive, as they were pretty much used to their king waking up earlier than most servants would. The only one that truly was awake that early was Benjamin as he was to bake fresh bread for both the king as his servants. Salvador instructed his servants what robe he was to wear that day. The same as the evening before, but with a little bit more layers underneath it as it was to be a wet day today, and that meant cold. He could not handle cold as he easily felt cold himself. Always those freezing fingers, his toes hurting as they would turn blue on cold days like it would be today. No amount of layers would help. While he was waiting for his bath to be ready, he thought of the hug and kiss that Melia had given him the evening before. He smiled, his fingers gently rubbing his lower lip as the maids were walking around his room to make everything ready. The fresh layers for his robe, two layers of wool socks, some nice wool sleeves that would be attached to the tick wool underlay that was hidden in his robes. A normal person would be feeling as if he was being cooked alive, not Salvador though.. he would be cold no matter what. Only when his bath was ready he crawled out of the bed and stepped into the near boiling water to heat up his body. This, and this alone helped. He would be warm for a couple of hours, but right before lunch that heat would have left his system and make him feel cold again. This part of the day he disliked, the heat was uncomfortable at first. But after that, when he was warm and toasty, and his cheeks would hold some color he would feel rather good.

A small hour before sunrise, and after a small half hour of soaking in the hot water. Salvador was getting dressed. Layer after layer was added to make him seem bigger and broader than he truly was. Seeing him naked was not a sight one wished to see. He was skinny, his hip bones sticking out, ribs showing, his backbones visible. The layers were the only thing that made him look more like a man. His hair was put in a low ponytail, he had his rings on is fingers and the wedding ring he still wore on a necklace around his neck was perfectly hidden between the many layers. He started to carry it around again, ever since he spend time with Melia he felt that he should. As he was ready, he decided that he was to spend time in the library reading, alone. Spending some time with those horribly boring books he was reading now that he had brought back the old rules. Only a few hours left before Melia was to join him for breakfast, giving him enough time to do some reading beforehand.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

A very impatient puppy woke her. She wrinkled her nose as the dog nuzzled under the covers, desperate to be let out of the room and go to the bathroom. She murmured gently but the dog did not understand human grumbles. So she pushed herself to her feet and dragged a robe around her shoulders. She padded her way to the door and the dog yipped along with her. Melia usually took the puppy out herself unless a maid managed to catch her in time. Today, no maid caught her. So she wandered down and let the puppy out of the side doors. She passed about four different guards who all glanced her over. She was not fully dressed, rather in a thin nightgown with a slightly thicker robe. It clung to her figure but Melia didn't notice it. She let the dog do his business and scamper around outside, enjoying the fresh air. She rested herself against the doorframe and watched the sun as it trickled onto the sky above her.

Melia let the sunlight kiss her sun and she sighed deeply. "It's beautiful aint it." She flinched before she recognised the voice. She turned and smiled at Samuel as he watched her. His eyes ran over her body as she becokened her puppy back inside the castle. "I love the colours. One day I want to paint it." Samuel chuckled and walked her back to her room. "I think breakfast will be soon. I'll meet you down there." He said brushing some of her wild hair back behind her ear. "Maybe don't go wandering in your night things again though." He told her sweetly as her eyebrows knitted together. "Why?" She asked innocently as his cheeks turned a beautiful shade of crimson. "Well...I saw some of the guards watching you...in that way...I know you are protected...but even then." Melia blinked rapidly and nodded as a promise. Samuel waited until she was back in her room before heading back to help Tracey to the large dinning room. He had been doing rounds that morning, he'd been up as early as Salvador. He had gone out and down a set of rounds with the guards of the castle. He was on his walk to his room to bathe before breakfast when he had heard the faint whisperings of the guards.

Melia was bathed and chastised for leaving the room so bare. She grumbled to herself as they pulled her into a deep pink dress....almost as punishment for leaving her room. She rolled her eyes and let them pull her hair back. One of the younger girls decided to test out her skills on Melia's hair and plaited sections back. It was another hour and she was ready. She had read another chapter of her book when they tore the knots out of her hair. She was getting somewhere now and she was glad. The prince had finally made his way over to the living island and was heading back off into the horizon. Melia had to leave her book behind as she dragged another maid along to the dinning room. This one was called Bella. She was shorter than Melia with mousy brown hair and a smile that made the room light up. Melia was chattering up a storm with the woman, telling her the story so far. Melia watched her eyes lit up hearing about a talking tree and Melia was upset to leave her when she reached the dinning room. Melia took in a deep breath and wandered into the room. Her hands clasped behind her back, a smile plastered to her face, ready to greet anyone inside.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He had been bored with reading his book as soon as he had sat down in his library. His mind was racing as it was still going back to the evening before when Melia had given him that hug. Had she done that because she was proud? Because he had done well? He had read the first paragraph about a dozen times before he had given up. He would read this book another time, or any of these as he could not get himself to read any of it. For he knew that he would not be able to do so anyway, and there were so many other things he could do until breakfast was served. Breakfast he was to have with all those counsel men and women, starting counsel that day bright and early.. he was already not looking forward to it.

He wandered the hallways of his castle, his guards close behind him as he absentmindedly wandered around until he walked into the forbidden section without even realizing that he was. Here his guards stopped, blocking the way for anyone that wanted to follow while their king slowly went out of view. He sat down on one of the dusty old stone benches that stood alongside the walls, those bare empty walls that only he was to see. He could see through the windows that the sun was finally coming up, already the grey clouds slowly covering the sky. He let out a sigh and brushed his hand over his robes where the two wedding-rings hang around his neck.

He sat there for a hour and a half, thinking and gently holding the two rings between his fingers. These halls used to be so full of life, now even the mice and bugs did not dare roaming these parts of the castle. He was still not ready to ever have anyone else here, even with Melia at his side he felt as if he was betraying something, someone when they were here. He got on to his feet and wandered to the windows, looking into the courtyard where he watched the small puppy running around and doing its business before he would wander back to Melia. He smiled knowing she was awake, and wondered if she was well this morning, if she had a pleasant night of sleep. He wondered what dress she was to wear, if she was to smile if she saw him. He hoped so, he hoped she would smile as he really wanted to see it.

It took him another hour before he finally headed back out of his forbidden halls and back to his guards who were patiently waiting for him. "Breakfast must be ready" he muttered to them as they slowly nodded and started leading him to his dining room. Halfway down he met Tracy, this time without Samuel as she had told him she could make her way over alone, while he was to meet more of the guards he was now allowed to lead. She was so very proud, and did not want the young man to be held down because of her. As she saw the king she bowed down her head deep, fully knowing that even if he had changed.. you never should truly trust a man in pain. She could see it in his eyes. Normally Salvador would have her pushed to the side and made a cruel remark. But this time he ordered one of his Soldiers to help the limping old lady "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so I have been told. I would not wish for you to miss out.. I heard we are having pancakes with Mable syrup." He told her as gently as he possible could. Tracy smiled and nodded, yes breakfast was important and she could use a arm to lean on. "Pancakes with Mable syrup. I never thought I would be having that ever again" Tracy said pleasantly as she watched the king walking beside her as walked up to the dining room. "You have had it before? I was under the impression that only I.. had Mable syrup" He told her, a little anger in his voice as he wasn't sure what to make of it.

Tracy smiled and chuckled. "When I was a wee lass, my mother still had some. We kept it for important days. Birthdays, weddings, marriages. I always loved it, but it quickly ran dry and I never had some after" She told Salvador who now finally understood how this woman ever had Mable syrup. "Might I ask.. what age you are?" Salvador asked her gently, wondering if she knew this land before it turned grey, before it started to die 70 years ago.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

A handful of guests sat in the room already and Melia gifted them a beaming smile. Some of them watched her warily, they did not truly trust her. Melia could tell and so kept her distance before letting her mind stumble free. Oh how she would not shut up. She asked questions about their towns and then told stories of hers. She found out which ones had a member of their town in the dungeon and informed them that they were well. They were being treated fairly for they now deserved a trial. Melia gave them her word that they would get that trial, she would make sure of it. For she would make sure that Mrs Bennett got her trial. She would sit there for it, he could try to remove her and she would make fire rain down on him. An older man seemed particularly worried, for his younger brother sat down in those cells. Melia could see the concern etched on his forehead, "Give me his name. I will get a message to him."

Tracey took the arm of one of his shoulder, the man was young and gave the woman a small attempt of a smile. Tracey patted his arm gently before snapping her eyes back to Salvador. A small smile tugged onto her lips, "I am 75 this winter." She chuckled gently, "I can remember little of my 4 years before the sky went grey...but I can remember the colour yellow." Tracey said softly. "I can remember daffodils, sunshine, yellow buttercups, the golden hair of my father....the happiness it brought with it." A sad smile crossed her features and she let out a small sigh. "Maple syrup was our treat...it was our liquid gold." She let out a small chuckle before changing her grip on the man's arm to hold herself up further. "I was a hungry child. I remember food more than anything. I can remember maple syrup on fluffy pancakes. I can remember honey ham and roast potatoes." Her thin gnarled fingers clung tighter at the man's arm as they neared the dinning room.

Samuel appeared around a corner, spotting Tracey first and giving her a massive smile. When he realised she was being helped and the King was with her, his smile grew a little more strained. He bowed his head to the king and moved over to Tracey. Taking her arm from the soldier who had been helping her, "I was looking for you." Tracey chuckled gently. "I'm faster than you think Samuel." She smirked and glanced back at Salvador as they reached the doors to the dinning room. Melia was spinning around inside, her fingers flicking over the paintings as she told them their names. She knew too much for a normal girl from the village. Samuel stopped and frowned at Melia, he could barely pronounce half the names and she knew them all off by heart.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

75 winters, she said she was 75 years old this coming winter. He could not help but to think that is would have been 75 years old now. A spring baby, born when the flowers were in full bloom and the trees slowly turned green again. He smiled a careful smile as she started to tell him how she remembered the colour yellow. Flowers, her fathers hair. Not many were still alive that had seen the blue sky, the green grass or the yellow of the flowers blooming. This woman had to be one tough lady seeing that she was still alive and kicking. "Please have all the liquid gold you can have, drown those pancakes in it if you so wish" He told Tracy gently as he saw that Samuel was waiting for them outside of the dining room. "I see that your faitful assistant is waiting for you." Salvador said as he gestured towards Samuel that held his head low as he noticed that the king was with Tracy.

Tracy took Samuels arm and gently patted it. She was looking forward to those pancakes with Mable syrup and did not want to wait a second longer. Only when Salvador sat down, the others did so as well. All waiting for their king to take the first bite before they would be allowed to eat. Melia would be sitting at the kings left hand side, while Samuel was seated right next to him at the right hand. A honorable place it sit, it truly was. And everyone had noticed how Samuel had been gifted this rather powerful spot to sit. As Salvador took his first bite of the pancakes covered in Mable syrup the others quickly started to eat as well.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia was balancing on a stool to point to a particular flower when she heard them enter. She nearly toppled over had it not been for an older gentleman called Henry who caught her around the waist. He helped her down and gave her a small smile. His eldest was her age, but she was married with a young son and another on the way. Melia was getting old to be without a beloved. He patted her arm as he lead her back over to the table. She took the seat beside Salvadors left hand and Samuel was seated at the right side. Melia sent a small wink to her friend as he was now sitting across from her. She even bumped her foot against his as he rolled his eyes. As soon as Salvador started to eat, everyone dug in. Melia had quite a few pancakes in her time here, but every time they surprised her. Pancakes were a rare treat back home, they took took much eggs,milk and flour which was getting rarer now that the farmers were getting sent into the war. Melia watched Tracey dribble some maple syrup on her pancakes. Samuel smirked as the woman grinned like a child as she took a small bite of her meal.

Samuel waited until the others had some from the jug before them and then dumped another glug over Tracey's plate. The woman beamed at him before starting to munch at her meal. It was Henry who spoke first. "Sire. May we ask what today will entail?" He asked gently. Not wanting to step on any toes. Melia gave him a small smile and helped the woman beside her with her meal. Her right hand was a stuck in a claw position after a stroke and Melia cut the pancakes up for her. Samuel dragged his eyes back to Salvador. He had an inkling what today would be. The council would get another meeting with Nicklasson and perhaps the king, then they would be sent on their merry way. Samuel did not know what would happen to him and he didn't want to leave the castle just yet. At least not without Melia and Sammy. Samuel dragged his eyes back to Melia as she flashed a smirk at him. His cheeks took on a gentle pink and he dropped his eyes back to his plate. Stuffing a strawberry past his lips.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Salvador watched Samuel as he gave Tracy more of the golden liquid for over her pancakes. To see the woman so happy, for her to enjoy her food quite the way she was. But it did not bring any joy to Salvador, he hated to watch the others eat his food, enjoying themselves like the ungreatful pigs that they were. How easy they could betray him just so they could free their land from their evil ruler. "Today? We will discuss the punisment of those who have tried to bring pain to their king. I wish to know what my counsels decision is to be. Will you punish to harsh? Or to light. " He told them, a test truly. Him wanting to know if these men and women would do right by their king, but also by those who lived in this kingdom.

He took a sip of his drink and took another bite of his pancakes covered in Syrup. "So, do tell me. You all heard what they have done, and what their names are. All of them have convessed to potion the pies they had brought to the castle as a gift for me." he told them as he lazily took a bite of his pancakes, giving his counsel members room to speak, and prove to him that they were the right pick to counsel him.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia had managed to steal another strawberry and was very pleased with herself. She loved them truly, they reminded her of good days....that she had never lived in. Punishment. Her eyes flicked up to him and her jaw tensed. The whole room grew quiet, not really knowing what to say. He looked too relaxed to be asking these questions. He looked as if he had asked them for more jam, not what punishment was needed for their friends and family. Henry was first to speak up, "May I ask Sire? The poison...would it have killed you." He asked tentaively. Melia didn't give Salvador time to respond. "It didn't kill me." Henry's eyebrows shot up, "You ate some?" Melia nodded, "I ate some because I believed that the woman who gifted the pie would not try to harm the king. But she did. I ate as much as I could stomach because a punishment would have befallen another dear friend. It made me ill. But I am here." She said bluntly, not letting the king wriggle himself from that question.

"Well...Um...The poision wasn't meant to kill. It was meant to harm." Henry asked and Melia nodded. "I think they should be kept in the dungeons for a year." He said softly before continuing. "And they should be made to eat their pies. Have them feel the pain they would have placed upon their king. " Another woman added something in. "They shouldn't be killed for their crimes. They should be questioned individually to ask for their motives." Melia nodded violently to that one. "I know some of those downstairs....would have done so for other reasons than wishing to cause you discomfort Sire." The greying woman told Salvador before continuing. "A year and being made to eat their pies should be enough." The room murmured their approval. Melia herself did not agree with a year. So he would have had a tummy ache...that was it. He shouldn't take that out on them. "The old rules said that harm towards the king should be returned with blood." Tracey said bluntly. "A man who wished to harm their sire should receive harm them self." She sighed deeply before dragging her eyes to Salvador. "You should gift them the decision. To stay a year in the cells or gift blood as a sacrifice to your rule." She told him as her eyes never left him.

Melia felt her breakfast threatening to come back up again. She didn't believe in either of those decisions especially as she could see Samuel starting to speak. "Within the corps, if a man tries to harm his superior. He is made to go without a weapon in the next battle." Samuel's jaw tensed and he knew how much he hated that rule. Melia's knuckles grew white around her knife and fork but she held her tongue. If she wanted to spit her words at the king...she would do so when he wasn't forced to reprimand her in front of others.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Oh how he was bored with the punishments they came up with. They truly had no creative bone in their body, nor any knowladge of the rules of old. Salvador quietly ate his pancakes while everyone spoke, coming up with idea's as a year in the cells, eating the potioned pies. But when Tracy spoke, his ears perked up and he showed a small smile. It made everyone feel uncomfortable, that their king would smile at the idea of the blood of others. Salvador gently wiped his lips clean and let out a small couch to clear his throat. "I did say that I wish to return the rules of old. They can chose between a year in the cells... no visitations of friends or family" He said as his eyes went up to Melia.. giving her a warning look that she should not devy him with this. "Or 50 whiplashes each." He took a sip of his wine and seemed to feels so very full of himself at that moment.

Tracy nodded, yes it was her idea.. and she wasn't entirely happy with hurting others. But she knew the rules of old, and would not go against them. The others seemed to feel the same like her, and as their king was to give his prisoners a choise they felt that they themselves had brougth some change into this kingdom themselves as well. Salvador noticed how Melia was looking and smiled this horrible lovely smile as he leaned towards her. "One lash per bite you took. I counted"He said to her sweetly before he turned his attention towards Samuel.

"Tell me Samuel, what other backwards rules have the captains brought into the corps. I do not wish my soldiers to go into battle without weapons.. we need every single fighting man we can find. If they weaken my armies with rules like these.. I need to know" He asked Samuel while Salvador himself cut of another piece of his pancake.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Melia's jaw tensed when Tracey gave him what he wanted to hear. Oh how light flickered back into his eyes. A year without friends or family...She flicked her eyes up to him and narrowed her eyes when he gave her a warning look. 50 whiplashes. A fork clattered to a plate down the table and the man picked it back up though his fingers shook. Melia knew him to be the one whose brother was downstairs. To hear he could go a year without him....or he could be whipped 50 times. All colour had left her face and her knuckles were white around her fork. She felt ready to thrust the silver into his throat. She felt him come closer and the rage she felt for him nearly vibrated off her skin. One lash per bite you took. She bit her tongue, so hard that blood trickled from the marks.

Samuel could see her struggling so his attention was on her. Getting her to keep his eye to calm her down. When the King spoke to him, he answered at first with his eyes on Melia. "They kill every 10th man in the regiment that loses a battle. They will take the hand off a man who steals. They will lash a man who fails to complete an order correctly...mere hours before a battle." His words were blunt and simple. Slowly he dragged his eyes back to the king. "I was whipped for refusing to kill a peasant girl who had wandered off the wrong path. I was whipped 30 times before a battle, I went onto that field with my back bloody. I fought until I near collapsed...The man who had also refused to kill her, he was not so lucky. He fell with his first fight." It was obvious to all that Samuel was not happy. To hear that 50 lashes were going to old men and women who had tried to poison the King....he knew what 30 felt like and he was healthy and strong.

Melia slowly dropped her fork as Tracey patted her arm gently. There was a rage like nothing else within her eyes. Salvador had no clue what he was setting himself up for. She had been kind the night before, even kissed his cheek but not anymore. Never again. Melia sorted her plate and waited like the others to be allowed to leave. A few wanted to go cry or be ill in their "rooms" whereas others wanted to speak to Tracey and Samuel in private. Melia just wanted to leave this monsters presence. Now.

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast