Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206869707172 LastLast

Thread: [M] IC - La Belle et la Bête - Dark pigeon / Scottishgal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

They rode in silence for a small hour, the only sounds to be heard was of birds skipping from branch to branch. Crows called towards each others as bigger black birds sat down in tree's the closest to both Melia and Salvador. The ravens just looked at them, softly making sounds as they talked towards one and other. Salvador seemed conserned by this. Melia could hear him mutter under his breath as he looked at the larger birds. "Skirmir." he said softly, knowing who the Warden of the ravens was. The crows all left, leaving both Melia and Salvador alone with the ravens that seemed to follow them, still softly muttering among one and other. "No matter what happens, don't stare, dont scream... and try to .. well... seem unafraid. No matter how you feel" He told Melia as he gently brushed his hand over hers, almost as if he wanted to comfort her, and warn her for what was to come.

Before he could look in front of himself again, wolves seem to come out of the shadows. They looked up at the ravens and let out soft bark and whipering noices as if they were talking to the birds. THe birds talked back, looking back and forth between the two humans on the horses and the wolves. Salvador did his best not to look at all bothered by these animals, the horses though were less convinced that the wolves were not out for a nice bite of horse-meat. But they were well trained horses, and even though they were afraid, they kept walking.. even though they felt somewhat tense and stressed.

A giant black wolf appeared on the small road that both Salvador and Melia traveled. The horses stopped and tried to turn around before that big thing.. that was as big as themselves was to jump and eat one of them. But it was nothing that Salvador could not correct, so his horse stayed where it was suppose to be.... in front of a giant ass Wolf that did not look happy with the mage and this girl being in his forest. Melia's horse though was able to turn its hind legs and turn around. Only to be surprised by the inmens smoking skull in cape and feathers standing right behind them. The dark creature moved over towards the horse, as the animal seemed to suddenly calm down and seeming happy to see the other creature... even though it would bring utter horror into the hearts of men.

THe wolf seemed to have the same effect on the horse of Salvador, it seemed to talk to the animal though no sounds could be heard. Salvador, who whished he could just run away and scream like a little girl, stayed silent until he gently bowed his head. "Warden Skirmir, Warden Ashak." He said in greeting. "Shut it!" Ashak the wolf said "We know who you are mage... the dark lord... the insane king. You are not welcome here, nor is the woman you brought with you! You KNOW the rules! You stay out, and we stay in. Now GET OUT!" the wolf said with a human voice, snapping and snarling at both humans.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Their talons tapped along the branches, filling the air with soothing yet chilling music. The name didn't help, if anything it made her feel worse. Her mouth was dry, she couldn't even respond to Salvador. She couldn't stop herself from staring, it was as if the birds could see in to her soul. They judged her every move, it was only his touch that broke the hold the birds had on her. Fearful eyes glanced up at him and she looked her real age. It blossomed deep within her, fear biting at her tongue. The need to scream loudly and flee. The only thing stopping her was the feeling of being surrounded. She had no escape, the birds watched her every move and the snapping of the wolves stopped her moving forward.

There was a conversation happening that they were not included in. The words passed them by in soft squeaks and chirps. Her eyes dropped to her fingers. The fingers were fatter and had more hair than her normal fingers so she concentrated on that. Trying to block out the noises around them. The horses stopped and her eyes snapped up to be greeted by dark yellow eyes glaring at them from the darkness. Out of the many things she had expected to encounter that night... none was a talking wolf. The voice that came out of the snapping jaws was a growling deep voice. The animal was not pleased.

Melia flinched backwards, her whole body was tense as she expected the creatures to come closer and attack them. But he stayed where he was, holding his ground. "W...We need your help." Her voice was small and quiet, akin to a child. She thought a moment before continuing. "The Lord of Light is coming. He will destroy everything in his path. I..I..I know you will fend him off..." She stopped not really knowing what her next sentence was. "We need to head North. Before his darkness can reach this forest, before it destroys everything he touches." She knew her pleas would fall on deaf ears but it was all she could do.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The wolf showed his teeth and let out a low growl as Melia spoke to him. The smokey figure behind them smiled a dark smile and tilted its... skull. "Bringing danger to our woods... What do you think Ashak... shall we eat them and make a dreamcatcher with their bones? My children are very hungry" the creature spoke as the crows and ravens started to caw loudly and exited by the very idea of eating. The wolf looked past Melia and Salvador and snarled lowly before looking up... or .. down.. towards Salvador. "Both the staff and the sword... of we play it right we can have both" the wolf said "We warned you about coming here dark one. I care little for your wars, and I could not care less about your problems. You will not pass our woods" he said with a low and dark voice as his children (all wolfs) came closer.

Salvador looked at Melia with a look that spoke for him ((you only had one job!)) before looking back at the wolf. "My apologies for the girl, she knows little about the wardens... and even less about keeping her mouth shut." he spoke gently " But she speaks the truth. .We wish to cross the woods so we can go North. I have chosen this path as it is the fastest... but the most dangerous." Salvador said, even though he was afraid he did not show it, though the wolves could smell it. " The shadowy figure moved closer to Melia, picking up her hair as he examened her. "So you can flee from your mage brother again.... you always been a coward dark one... every single life time you have been a coward" the creature spoke as he smelled Melia. "What is it that you wish to do in the North mage, you cant me there.. you will die as your magic grows to strong.... That is if they even let you in... or live. " The creature said as it let out a soft giggle. "What is it that you want to do there then... dark one" He said as he looked over at Salvador, still its smoke picking up Melia's hair. "Find the one that can bear the hamer" Salvador explained simply " THe hammer... hammer, Staff, sword. This is starting to sound like something dangerous." The wolf said as he became a little bored. "And shield and bow. To destroy them once and for all" Salvador said rather proudly.

It was utterly silent in the woods for a couple of seconds before every single animal (including the horses) started to laugh. "Destroy them! OH DEAR ME!!!!" the wolf laughed as he whiped the tears from its eyes "You been promissing that every single life time, never got as far as getting the sword run through you" The wolf laughed. The smokey creature chuckled and shook its head "Shot by the bow, lets not forget that one" The creature said as he looked at Melia before he moved over to his wolf friend. Salvador snarled, not happy that everyone was laughing at him. "The North wants to get rid of the hammer. " he muttered angrily. "oh yes, ever since they found out how you had cursed the lot of you. Seeking everlasting knowledge, seeking absolute power... you fucking humans.. .always the same" The wolf said as he brushed the last tears away before he streched himself. All the wolves got closer as he licked his lips, looking over at his smokey friend who smiled... his birds now coming closer as they hopped from branch to branch. "We wish we could trust you Dark one. But we can not let you life... it being rules and all... you understand" The wolf said as the smokey creature changed himself, now looking like a grotesque looking crow/demon hybrid "We will let the Lord of Light know he is not welcome either... " The wolf said as he stepped closer, his teeth showing as he was ready to jump towards Melia.

The sky turned black with birds, their wings making a noise so loud that the wolves whimpered and stepped away. Ashak looked up, as did Skirmir. Every single branch filled up with Pigeons as they pushed away every single crow and raven present. They all started cooing loudly, snapping at the few crows that tried to stay put. Branched filled up until they could barely carry one single bird more, and still more appeared as Salvador gently held Melia's hand. "That fucking bookworm again... damned.... why!" the wolf said as he had to ajust his eyes to the utter darkness that now filled the woods because of the amount of Pigeons present. "Mind your language Ashak, we have company" an old and fragile voice said as an even more fragile looking man appeared from behind the wolf and bird-creature. He looked incredible gentle, a smile that would make you feel save and cared for. His glasses rested on his thin nose as he rested his hands on a walking stick. His vibrent blue eyes looked at both at Melia and Salvador as he walked up towards them. "Lets have some tea shall we? I have baked a wonderful apple pie... you truly must have a piece" He said as he gently smiled at them.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The threat that crept through the fog didn't scare her. Yes, their teeth dribbled with drool at the thought of eating them but they did not truly scare her. She remembered what that Lord of Light could do. She remembered it from both her lives and she would rather die here than sit and feel his presence take over this land. Salvador glared at her but she kept her eyes on the wolf before her. She could picture him being burned alive under the power of this lord. She could feel this entire forest burning. She knew he had that power and he could so much damage to this world...they were in her way. Girl. The look that he had given her was thrown back at him. Someone was touching her hair. It raised the hairs on her neck, it forced her to freeze.

His words brushed her skin as he moved her hair from her shoulders. Strands fell between the smoke and Melia let her eyes glance at the creature. Staring into the darkness as it continued to sense her. It was strange, like it knew she was different. Every word drifted into a fog around her skull, she wasn't truly paying attention to what they said. Salvador's angry mumbling brought her back to reality. They certainty didn't need him throwing a fit right now. We cannot let you live. The words echoed through her skull. She didn't know what to do, but she shifted backwards in her saddle and crept a hand behind her. Hoping that someone had packed something of use in the bags behind her. She had come this far, she was not going to be taken down by a rude wolf.

Melia's eyes started twitch as a loud beating noise filled the air. Enough birds to cover every tree appeared and Melia couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Melia flinched when Salvador went to take her hand and her body remained tense as a voice crept through the trees. A kind old man appeared out of nowhere and her face clearly showed her confusion. Tea. Pie. "Um...." The word was painted on her lips as she stayed put. She couldn't move back from the old man or lean forward to him. She was more terrified of this strange man than the wolf. It was different when the violent creature appeared before you and threatened you with death...this vaguely felt like a trap. But all she would need is a comforting word from Salvador, for if he reacted kindly to this man she knew she would have nothing to worry about.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Both the wolf and crow-demon-thing rolled their eyes when the saw the older man. They clearly had some respect of the man, even though he looked like he could be beaten to death with a feather-filled pillow. Salvador showed a careful smile, as he knew the creature that walked up towards him. He was the warden of pigeons, and would always show himself as a kind old man when dealing with humans. It just made them feel safer. He truly disliked showing off their shape-shifting abolities, or making others feel scared in any sort of way. "Phillip... you know the rules! They are not allowed in the woods! They are bringing that light-cunt with them! Fuck the pie, we kill them and toss their bodies to that man and be done with it" Ashak said as he seemed very irritated that the kind old man was shaking his head right away as the wolf spoke "Oh dear Ashak, always so worried about our safety. THank you for caring my canine friend. But we also have decided that we would do anything.. anything I say, to get these weapons destroyed. Let them go North. THe one who carries the sword would not dare come into these woods... No matter how strong he is, he still needs his horses.. he isn't an idiot" Phillip said as he came to stand between the wolf and crow.

The crow let out an irritated sigh "But I want to eat them!" the creature said as his crows started cawing, even though the were constantly pushed of branches by the epic amount of pigeons. "And then he will come back as a baby, has to be raised into teenagehood, find the staff again... it will just cost us so much more time. Letting them go... so much easier. Truly, I would rather have my pigeons take them appart... but I am getting a little anxious with these mages becoming stronger with every single life-time. Imagine having to wait another 300 years" Phillip the old man said. Both the wolf and crow shrugged and rolled their eyes. "I ... well.. yeah... but he also fails every single time" The wolf said as he looked at Salvador "Yeah, but at least we cant be blamed because of it" Phillip said as he smiled kindly.

"Well, if I can have a big slice of pie and that rose-lavender tea.. Ill rethink of killing them" The wolf said. The crow nodded in defeat, no eating humans this time for him. "well, alright then. But if he fails I get to eat him the next time!" The crow said as he changed himself to look less like an terrifying creature, but more like an overgrown raven. Phillip smiled and turned around "Shall we? I put some extra nuts in the pie this time, I think you will like it" he told the wolf as all tree Wardens started walking, not even looking back as they expected both Melia and Salvador to follow "Ah yes, I tried that spice-mix you brought me last week? It really works in that stew!" the wolf said as they walked towards the small house. The pigeons all started to move away, letting sunlight back into the forest, while the crows and wolves all went their own way.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

She wanted to tell them all to shut up and explain themselves. How could these animals so ready to eat her...change their mind because of an old man. She knew that it wasn’t just an old man. Melia’s attention was snapped upwards, the soft flapping of their wings echoed around them. Pigeons puffed up their chest in a moment of pride as they managed to control their branch, only to squawk softly as they kept the crows away. She hadn’t thought about Salvador’s rebirth...she hadn’t thought it possible. Fear trickled from the top of her head downwards as she worried about what would happen to her. Yes, the soul within her would return eventually..but she wouldn’t. There was nothing special about her. She was alone and worthless except for the voice in her head.

“Um…” She turned her attention back to Salvador as the creatures walked away. “S...Should we follow them?” She didn’t know if they were to kick their horses gently forward and follow the creatures or if they were to use this moment to escape. Melia didn’t need to make another stupid gesture and run off, letting the wind whip against her cheeks...no matter how much she wished to be fleeing this forest. The house hadn’t been there before...had it. She blinked rapidly and kept a tight grip on her reins, what else hadn’t she noticed.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Salvador leaned towards Melia as they followed the small group of wardens that were silently talking amongst one and other. "The one that has most of his children with him wins an argument. If one disagrees they will fight it out... " He let out a small sigh, seemingly glad that the wardens were a rather peacefull bunch. "We are lucky." he said to her as he thougth of petting her gently on her hand, letting her know that all would be alright. He knew Phillip, the warden of Pigeons well as they had met before. Salvador knew the pie would be like no other, that the tea would be to die for, and that the house was hold upright by the amount of books that the warden of pigeons loved to read.

The house just stood there in the middle of the road. Melia knew it had not been there before, the road had been empty before. But it still stood there, as if had been standing there for centuries. Both the wolf and crow warden shrinked their bodies to fit through the door, still discussing cooking with Phillip who was proudly telling them how his children had found nuts and berries at the borders of the woods and Salvador's kingdom. THe door closed, still Melia and Salvador were outside with their horses. "Don't be afraid, let me do the talking. They like to scare people, believe me when I tell you they do. But wardens hardly kill humans, you really have to piss them off the wrong way will they go that far." He told her as he got of his horse and tied it down to a tree. He walked over to Melia, helping her down if she needed any help. "You were very brave out there, not many people these days see wardens anymore. That used to be different, they used to walk between us like they were human just like us. Its a shame really... I used to eat pies with Phillip in one of my first lives. But greed for power.... it... " he looked at the house, shame seemed to show on his face as he tried to hide the fact that he was talking about his very own greed for more magic, for more power. " Come, they are waiting for us. "

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

It took a lot of persuading for her feet to budge forward. The scene before her struck fear deep into her soul, she could feel it pin prickling its way through her veins. This was not what she had expected on this eve...but then again nothing that had happened in the last few months was anything like she had expected. She nodded in agreement to Salvador's statement. Even though she still had no clue what was happening, she knew that they had only survived because of the newcomer. The house had not been there before. It stood out like a sore thumb. It looked far too comforting for this forest of horrors. Melia wanted to flee when the door closed. It was clear, it had etched itself onto her features. Her grip was tight on the reins of the horse and she didn't want to leave the creature. "C...Can we just not go?" Her voice small as she hoped they would not hear her. All it took was one pointed look and she knew that was not an option.

Melia accepted his help and dropped down from the horse, letting her heavy feet hit the lush ground. Wardens as humans, First life. She bottled all of her questions and decided to remain quiet. It was for the best. She had already angered the wardens before, she need not make the wrong interruption now. She didn't mean to, it was a reflex but she reached out and took his hand. Half hiding herself behind him as she let him lead the way. She was terrified and every creature that hid in the darkness around them could smell it a mile away. The wooden door looked heavy and old, like the house had been here for decades. She waited for his next move. Do they knock? They saw them enter mere moments ago...but what was the protocol for this sort of situation?!

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

They did not need to open the door, as it slowly opened itself as Salvador and Melia came closer. The warden of Crows stuck his head outside and smiled "Best hurry, there is a shortage of whipping cream, and I ain't sharing" He said in a playful tone as he gestured for them both to hurry and come in. Salvador nodded politely and walked passed the warden into the house.

It was quite something. It was dark and filled through the roof with books, scrolls, and anything else that could carry the written word. The whole house seemed to be build with it, or best say.. kept upright. The rest was messy, with dust, feathers, twigs, leaves, eggshells, and plenty of birds inside the house... all pigeons, all kinds of pigeons. From colorfull ones that come from lands far far away, or those plain pigeons that you see everywhere. Big pigeons, small pigeons, chicks, fledglings, and older pigeons. All of them doing there thing, though some following Salvador and Melia with their beady eyes as the couple walked in. ".... so I said to to him 'best keep that a secret, you know what happens when they find out' and he was like 'well DUH! I know! ... rude right?" The warden of wolves said as he was setting the table for as well as one could set a table in this house. Cups with fresh tea, and plates with slices of pie and a tiny dot of whipping cream. " Very rude, but you know how he is around this time of the year. So grumpy.. .nothing compared to... you know who... but..." The warden of pigeons nodded towards Salvador and smiled as he saw the man standing in his house. " There you are, we thought the two of you were never coming in. Now.. sit down, we have a lot to talk about." Phillip the pigeon-warden said as he pulled out a chair for Melia. "You need to eat more Sal's. You are thinner than ever" The wolf-warden said as he looked at Salvador. If he had been a normal person, Salvador would have his head on a spike. But he did not dare telling the warden of wolves that his name wasn't Sal's, and that it never would be. "You have looked better as well. Humans still hunting your children out of fear?" Salvador asked the wolf-warden, who nodded as he shook his head. "Idiots your kind, all of them. There is no more dangerous animal in this world than you lot." The wolf warden said. "Oh hush, we are not going to discuss our politics now. We need to decide if we are going to let these two walk through our forest or not. " Phillip said as he poured Melia some tea, not even asking if she wanted some " The both of you get two slices, best fill you both up for your travels back.. or forward.. whatever way you are going. ... .Now tell me love. Who are you, why are you travelling with... Sall's here?" Phillip asked. "Thats what I keep wondering as well" the crow warden said as he sat down. "I bet that sour headed man has told you to keep stil.. so.. start talking. Entertain us!" he said cheerfully as he took a big bite out of his slice of pie

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The playful tone was meant to soothe her nerves, she could tell. His eyes looked kind but she had quickly learned after meeting Salvador, to never trust anyone. She shrunk back slightly until Salvador continued into the house. Only timidly entering when the nod was given again to Melia.

The house forced her to pause. It was larger than she had expected.It was like a nest. She stifled a smile at her stupid thought. Of course, he was a bird. Pigeons were interesting creatures, she couldn't make up her mind to whether they were the most stupid creature alive or one of the most intelligent. It was all so strange. It reminded her of an evening spent in the kitchens back at the palace. Sitting by the fire as tea was prepared and silly conversations plagued the air. A chair was pulled out for her and Melia felt herself pausing once again. It took her a moment but she sat and gifted the man a soft small thank you. Her lips were pressed firmly into a tight line when she heard the name Sals. Oh how she was going to call Salvador that when they were out of this house...if they ever left this house alive that is. Two slices. She didn't think she'd be even able to sip her tea without being sick from the fear.

Her fears were only heightened when the conversation moved to her. Her mouth opened and nothing came out. It went another moment of silence, only the loud munching noises of the crow warden. "I...My name is Melia Sessile. I am from the small village closest to the castle...I was brought up by the forests edge. I am..umm...I am travelling with." She paused as the temptation to call him Sals was so great. "My home is being destroyed by a monster who has swayed the people into believing that he is good and fair. He isn't good. He isn't fair. He will kill them all and we need to stop him...The only way we can do that is by going through the forest to the North." Shaking fingers wrapped around the tea cup, raising the hot liquid to her lips. It would give her a moment to breath as her words came out fast and shaky. It would also give Salvador a moment to intervene and add his own two cents.

Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 206869707172 LastLast