Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Uh Time for Clyde to Over Analyze a Kids Movie - Live Action Lion King

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

why tho? The story was good as it is, leave it as it is, it doesn't need to be remade, period.

Make something new.

Spoiler: Things I like 

I of the storm
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Well that's a completely different discussion, whether the movie should be remade at all. I probably don't think it should - but assuming that it is,

why not at least add something original to it?

In that case, Scar can be further fleshed out as more than just an archetypal Machiavellian villain. Honestly, I love Scar a whole lot - he's awesome - but I don't think that means adding some depth to his character would hurt. He already acts in a fairly elegant, sleek and arguably camp way. You don't need to add much, just be subtle about it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Rain View Post
    Well that's a completely different discussion, whether the movie should be remade at all. I probably don't think it should - but assuming that it is,

In that case, Scar can be further fleshed out as more than just an archetypal Machiavellian villain. Honestly, I love Scar a whole lot - he's awesome - but I don't think that means adding some depth to his character would hurt. He already acts in a fairly elegant, sleek and arguably camp way. You don't need to add much, just be subtle about it.
    When he fixes and sleeks back his mane in the song Be Prepared.

Fabulous lion

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Rain View Post

I go back to my original point, making the main villain gay while all the heroes Simba, Mustafa, Nala are straight could easily give out a negative message.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    I go back to my original point, making the main villain gay while all the heroes Simba, Mustafa, Nala are straight could easily give out a negative message.
    Not it wouldn't. I keep telling people this. But people need to recognize;

The villain isn't evil because he's gay

The Villain is evil and is also gay

They are two separate things. And people need to recognize heroes and villains all can be gay, straight, black, white, Mexican, and so and so forth.

Being a Villain has nothing to do with your sticker.

I always tell people this. Wear your ideas and beliefs as accessories. Just as someone can criticize that watch or that necklace. That watch or necklace doesn't necessarily define you. It merely expresses a key piece of who you are.

You can take a necklace and a watch off. So when someone criticizes a belief, an idea, or an opinion. They aren't criticizing You. They are criticizing that watch or that necklace.

People need to learn separate themselves from defining themselves by merely definitions.

edit-

You can't have it both ways. You can't ask for diversity and then exclude all villains from that diversity. Then that's not diversity.
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 04-08-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cynic View Post
    The villain isn't evil because he's gay
    Unfortunately though that's the way some people would view it. And when I say some people I include adults as well as children.

You can't have it both ways. You can't ask for diversity and then exclude all villains from that diversity. Then that's not diversity.
    I wasn't suggesting to exclude all villains. I was just saying it could be an issue in a situation where the only main character who is gay is the main villain.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123