Thread: [M] American Dreamers - OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Westerns, Crime, Thrillers
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cynic View Post
    Fuck! This sounds interesting

I'd like to join
    Then do it coward! You won't! I dare ya!

On another note, if I get another character sheet in, I'll go ahead and create my own and start things up. I think three characters might suffice to get things a rollin'. As for a limit of players - so far, I don't know if we need one for this, so if you read this please feel more than welcome to join in!

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I have a photo in mind and even a code name already. I'll send you a PM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Donald Wazowski
    Alias: "Donnie" / "Woz"
    Appearance (Physical): Lanky, scrawny and generally unimpressive build. Generally greasy-looking hair pulled back into a thin pony-tail. Thin, pointed face with a scraggly patch of hair he calls a goatee hanging off his chin. Soft, beady blue eyes and thin eyebrows. Slight scar mark dashing up through his upper lip.
    Appearance (Apparel): Dark blue-gray bomber jacket, various pop-culture graphic T-shirts, black jeans and a pair of small, round mirrored sunglasses on occasion. Always has a pack of cigarettes sticking out of his left jacket pocket.
    Biography: Donald "Donnie" Wazowski's always been a slacker through his life. Work hard when you can just take easy street? Please. Dad didn't stick around when Donnie hit his fifth birthday, and his dad's brother Ralph decided to start sticking it to Donnie's Mom and raise Donnie by proxy. It's more than probable that Ralph was actually Donnie's father to start with, unbeknownst to both of them.

Donnie wasn't the class clown in school because he wasn't funny. He wasn't in with the skater kids because he didn't have the articulation required with a skateboard. Donnie was the kid who got in trouble for smoking in the boys room, and audibly blasting that song by Mötley Crüe of the same name while he was doing it.

When Uncle Ralph died by drunkenly choking to death on a pickled egg at the local town dive, Donnie got the best possession of his life: Ralph's Mustang. It didn't really make him more popular in school driving it around or help him pick up that many girls, but suddenly people could recall his name if asked.

A scuzz-bag, slacker-loser and an arrogant show boater that gets him in more trouble than not, Donnie dropped out of school at 17, gave the finger to the prospect of getting his G.E.D. and never looked back. He's been a two-bit con artist, general hoodlum and off-again on-again drug dealer ever since.
    Personality: Donnie is untrustworthy, a sniveling coward when the chips are down, the text book definition of an underachiever, and usually way in over his head.
    Miscellaneous:

Pack-a-day smoker.
    ---
    Donnie drives a 1972 Ford Mustang he inherited from his Uncle Ralph, who swears it's the exact same mustang Steve McQueen drives in the movie "Bullitt". It isn't, Bullitt was made in 1968, a fact Donnie might have known if he had bothered to actually watch the movie. Car's green though.

:What is your character mixed up with?: Small time drug dealer. It's always been just enough to get by, but maybe it's time that Donnie started branching out.
    Did you read, understand, and agree to the Player Agreement?: Duh I made it.

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Where all the people at?! Come on, this sounds so fun! <3

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Q

Other Alias Or Things People Call Him: Prince Pin, Hush Moneh

Name: Traci Seager Lord

“People underestimate the criminal underground. They think it’s just a place where idiots gather in hordes and look dumb. Reality, we’re just as much businessmen as the businessmen in their ivory towers. We just don’t subjugate the poor into indentured servitude for the rest of their lives. Consequently because they end up dying young. Sometimes, to be successful means you have to do things that our outside of the law.”

His voice was silken, and smoothed, the slightest hint of a South London accent. He talked with a natural calm that wasn’t expected of a man trying to earn his place into the ranks of the criminal underground. There was the subtle hoarseness to his voice, he spoke as if his voice was an aging whiskey, and from the choice of words he used. The steady calm and matter of the fact tone gave the impression of someone far older than the man that stood before you. You had gotten the impression he was older, instead he was much younger than you expected.

Still he chose to present himself in well tailored suits and like to flash the fact that he made more money than you. But then again, he also wasn’t a slimeball about it either. Offering to pay for a drink you otherwise couldn’t afford. And while he may have not been as intimidating as his goons were, probably armed to the teeth underneath their suit jackets.

He himself has some expensive looking rings on his tattooed hand. Made you wonder where else he may have had tattooes. The piercings on his face added some form of individuality from the traditional form of gangster. Giving him soft and hard edges. There was something dark and edgy with a taste of class. He seemed to know it too, sitting with confidence and this look that said no one could touch him.

His teal colored irises sparkled with delight and he only stood 5’8” with a leanly built frame. You were surprising impressed by this Prince Pin wanting to become a King Pin.

Location: It really depends on where Traci is working. He owns a small home in Felicity, Ohio. But owns another home in London, England. Traci work is often an operation that has him traveling between his European connections and American connections.

Personality:

Spoiler: I took a personality test, results 

It’s clear one thing, that Q is an excellent leader. He’s a charming people person who has no problems talking to people. He never seems nervous in crowds, though that doesn’t necessarily mean he enjoys the attention. He enjoys the business side of things and enjoys a pleasant intellectual conversation with some people. A natural ambivert, he can have moments to himself to deliberate and calculate his plans. His men have always known him as a calculating individual, who plans. But even his plans have planned deviations if things don’t go quite the way he expects it.

There is something cool about Q, he rarely gets angry and rarely gets upset. It’s why most are afraid of him, because Traci the type of person who remains unpredictable and yet with the same calm, cool collective, calm he always has been known for. He’s known for firing underperforming employees with a bullet, just as much as he’s offering his hardest working employees out for lunch, and expensive wines.

Traci is about teamwork, as a leader personality he to be democratic. But everyone who knows Traci knows he still has some sense of control in every aspect. And it’s best to just keep on his cool side. Just accept the gifts and accept his offerings, rather than reject them. Turning him down often has disastrous results.

Respecting respect, he expects respect even from the lowliest criminal pool. And those who don’t show him respect gain none of the benefits he could provide.

He can be a bit haughty, but his self confidence is not unwarranted. He gets things done. And has no respect for failure or those that fail. Though everyone knows or should know any kind action he takes is honestly just a way to work people and manipulate them. Those below him are pawns, but can easily be promoted in his eyes depending on the circumstances.

History:

“I didn’t choose this life. I was born into it. Like a prince to a king. Inherited all of it. And I am not going to give it up. Come and try to take it from me.”

I remember the smell of his car. It was always boozy and tobacco with the sweat of eight different strangers. At the time I was small, stashed in the backseat with two men at 150 pounds, who smelled like the perfume of some prostitute from the brothel. Tobacco and their own body odor. They were sweating like crazy in the backseat.

I never new quite the details of their line of work, but tonight was going to be a little different. I was left in an alleyway, in the van. To shut me up I was given a coloring book and some crayons. Told to wait there. There were crackers, and juice in the cup holder. He promised we'd go out for burgers and fries if I didn't get out of the car and bother him.

It was raining that night. Rolling thunder made loud noises. I was eight, but I knew what the sound of a gun made. It would crash into a cacophony of sound. As thunder and gunshots came together as one chorus. One of nature, the other man made sounds.

I was coloring in a book of zoo animals. Though I don't quite remember why I was turning my giraffe's fur purple. I just knew that I liked it. Kicking back my feet, taking sips of apple juice, innocently naive to what the grown ups were doing.

The van door slid openly quickly. My father was drenched. The rain had soaked into his thick wool coat, his suit pants looked soaked. He was a big man, most grown ups were afraid of him. He had big hands, big fingers too. He was stocky, but built like a tank.

I just looked at him with an innocent eye gazed.

“Get your coat on,” he told me, reaching in starting to unbuckle me. I never got out of the car, till we left the location. Though I didn't dare defy an instruction from my father either. He grabbed my wrist, yanking me with a tough tug, to pull me out of the van. He had me standing over his large frame, as he roughly put on my coat. Lifting up the hood, he stood up, “Get inside.” he grumbled another instruction.

I did so. I did so while jumping into the rain puddles. Wickedly guilty of being a child. The other men watched me. The big b's son. The big's legacy. One of the big's legacies. There were other kids. From the other big men. Though I rarely got to see them. Rarely got to play with them.

My father told me once, they were to rich, living in big fucking houses we'll never afford to want to play with me. That's what I never understood. Dad was considered one of the biggies. Yet, we didn't have a big house. We weren't swimming in money.

“You sure this is going to work?” one of the big guys, who they nicknamed Easy Dollars, I don't know why.

“Traci, you want Micky D's?” my father asked me.

I nod, but he glares at me.

“Yes,” I said loudly with a wide grin.

“Than stick your hands in that box and cut the green wire,” my father tells me, handing me some wire cutters.
    I skip on over. Easy Dollars is holding the flashlight to a box, inside the glass is the prettiest necklace I have ever seen. My dad tells me the green wire, so I look for it with the flashlight beaming straight into the wired box. I do it because you do what my father ask.

Beside if I wanted a happy meal, it was best I did what my dad asked. That's how an eight years old mind works, especially when your dad is very important to you.

I cut the green wire. There was a moment of silence between the grown ups. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on. Then there was a cheer.

“That's it!” my father told me proudly, clapping me on the shoulder with his big hands. I didn't see the significance in this moment, until much later.

“I did something good?” I asked him, I remember it was a question because up to now I had been ignored when they were on cases. This was grown up work. Now though the grown ups, were excited. They liked me. I wasn't ignored any more. They started pointing to the other boxes.

“Kid get this one,” Mac told me pointing to another box, he was one of the men that sat next to me in the backseat. He was large, but not like my father. He was soft and flabby.

I move on over because the grown ups are happy. Since I did what I was asked, I am happy because I get a Happy Meal.

I remember moving from box to box. The grown ups seemed really happy by this. I just didn't know why until much later in my life. They swept the jewels and artifacts into bags. The rain seemed to slow by the time we got outside. I remember staring at my father. Who pulled down my hood to ruffle my brown hair.

“Proud of you,” he told me kissing my forehead.

“I want a race car,” I tell him, when we get into the van. Looking back it makes me look like I didn't care. It's probably true, I didn't. I didn't care because I didn't know back then. I didn't know, all I knew was that I could get anything I wanted because my father was happy.

“And we'll get you that race car,” Mac tells me, helping me into the van, and buckling me in. I sat in the middle because I was the smallest. I remember going back to my giraffe at that moment. The attention span of not really having one.

“Why is the giraffe purple?” Mac asked me.

I shrugged.

“I liked it purple,” I told him, they laughed.

“You have that right,” Easy told me.

“I know,” I responded.

“Now Traci, be nice to Easy,” my father says behind the wheel.
    I swing my legs back and forth.

“Smart mouth,” Mac tells my father, my father just laughs.

“He can be,” my father responds to Mac, who just laughs.

What’s your character mixed up in?: Money Laundering, though this is no small business. Traci’s no small thinker and has been looking to expand his business efforts. Its why he’s been stepping his foot into the American economy a bit. Traci’s life goal is to become a King Pin like his father. Be considered a Big. And he’s not going to accept anything lower.

Misc:
    Traci been trying to get into the street racing business. Mostly just a hobby because Traci a typical “kid”, he likes fast cars and sees money in the business.

Traci been called the Prince Pin by some in his crew, mostly because Traci never been the type of person to look small. He looks big and tries to make as many connections as he can. Manipulating whom he finds is important to his business.

Prince Pin a bit of a joke parodying King Pin

If it wasn’t clear Traci likes good cars, fast cars, he also like tattoos. He kind of describes himself as a “inkhead”.

Traci also likes good well fitting suits. While born in a London criminal organization, he likes the noir movies of old. Like Godfather. The Big Combo. Taxi Driver. Goodfellas. Just to name a few. He finds it important to keep a good image up.

Theme Song:

"Help! I've been bitten by a centipede and I need to see the doctor!"

And I agree to the Player Agreement. Yes
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 04-13-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looks good guys! I'd appreciate it if both of you went back and chose a "location" field for your bios - I ended up updating the character sheet sections.

Also, I'm afraid I can't allow you to join yet, Cynic per the rules. Please make sure you brush up on them to see what I'm referring to.

Well, gang looks like it's growing. I'll try to start the juicy, bloody IC later tonight! Worst case, I'll get it up tomorrow.

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
    Looks good guys! I'd appreciate it if both of you went back and chose a "location" field for your bios - I ended up updating the character sheet sections.

Also, I'm afraid I can't allow you to join yet, Cynic per the rules. Please make sure you brush up on them to see what I'm referring to.

Well, gang looks like it's growing. I'll try to start the juicy, bloody IC later tonight! Worst case, I'll get it up tomorrow.
    The centipede thing. Fuck. I forgot. I tried to remind myself to add it, but forgot about it even after I reminded myself a thousand times.

It's added now.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So now I see why Karma asked me to join. This take at story writing is quite intriguing. I must admit I am nervous as to if I should throw in a "male prostitute" type of character, pardon the wording.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

COPYCAT! So glad to see you, love

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    So now I see why Karma asked me to join. This take at story writing is quite intriguing. I must admit I am nervous as to if I should throw in a "male prostitute" type of character, pardon the wording.
    By all means, be my guest if you'd like. Karma's character is a prostitute I believe as well, so I don't mind if you go down that route as well, but you may have a similar experience.

I STARTED THE IC GUYS!

The first post is not pretty - I might have to make a new banner specifically for the IC, so...I'll work on that with my shitty MS Paint skills. In the meantime I at least wanted to get the IC up so people could go ahead and start writing and start their stories, if they'd like to. My original post for Donnie was much longer, but I didn't want to start everyone else with a HUGE wall of just my text so I cut it in half. Not that it mattered :P

Anyways, feel free to start the ball a-rollin'. I should have started this IC yesterday, in honesty.

Also, I'll have my Noticeboard post edited soon! It will mostly just list players, their characters, and possibly contain a list of characters and such that people introduce in their stories so that other players can keep track of them. Sometimes it's fun to play with other people's toys - but make sure you don't beat them up too much.

Edit - Anyone can write in first or third person as they'd like to. Notice I wrote in third person for the OOC's Intro, but First for my new character in the IC. Just do what you feel for each character.
    Last edited by Cicada; 04-14-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast