Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Galactic Engagement (Ushima and AngelDellaNotte)

Better Then Expected
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Oh boy do I love parades." Michael smirked to Ashira. "Maybe one day I can have a parade in my honor." He peaked around the corner and saw the head of their tag along bobbing above the crowd. "We need to slip away. Its only a matter of time before she calls her bosses and they lock down the docks." If Rue was like any other subordinate she'd attempt to apprehend them again before reporting her failure to her superiors. Its what he'd do. "Lets move." Grabbing her hand he pulled Ashira along and out of the back of the alley onto the next street. The parade was wrapping around the streets. Finding another gap they ducked through it and out the other side. There was no alley immediately on the other side so Michael lead Ashira down the street looking for a gap they can duck into. "How far are we from the port?"

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

He asked how far away they were from the ship causing Ashira to pull out her communication device pulling up the station map. They were several miles away, there was no way they would make it on foot before Rue called for back up. “Too far. We need some sort of transportation.” Ashira said, locating the nearest station on the map. It was just a few blocks over. She grabbed Micheal's hand and pulled him into a run again. It was hard to make it to the station with the parade crowd but they managed to find their way to the station, only to find Rue standing outside it. “Crap, she must have figured we would come this way.”

Ashira started scanning around looking to see if there was another entrance but it looked like Rue was blocking the only one. So far Rue hadn't spotted them, she pulled him into a alleyway next to the station. It lead to a dead end. There was a fence there and the train tracks were below on the other side. “Okay I have a crazy idea.” Ashira said, climbing the fence and urging Micheal to do the same. She looked down the tracks waiting for the next train. “We can jump onto the roof of the car and ride it until we get to the port.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Crazy idea? I'm for it." Michael looked down at the tracks, eyeing the distance. If he missed it was over. But if he didn't jump it was also over. Captured and returned to the twins to be tortured and executed for trying to skip out on their agreement. And if there was one thing Michael didn't want it was to be tortured again. To be at the whims and mercy of someone else. "Jumping on a train. Not the riskiest thing I've done." The platform started to shake signalling the arrival of their ride. "Right on schedule." Michael watched as the train stopped at the platform, offloading passengers. Michael's eye caught a familiar figure standing at the platform. "Rue's there." She was scanning the platform for them, watching anyone getting on board.

"Now boarding." The platform speakers called out and passengers started getting on.

"We're in the later boarding group." Michael joked as he continued to watch Rue. Her gaze turned their way for a brief second so Michael grabbed Ashira and pulled her down into cover. "Doesn't she ever give up?" He couldn't wait to leave and get to Arturian space where he was sure these problems wouldn't persist. He hoped.

"Boarding complete. Stand clear of the platform."

"Here we go." Still holding onto Ashira he moved to get ready. "Just a short jump onto a moving train. You got this buddy." Michael slid his hand into Ashira's, giving it a gentle, reassuring squeeze. He looked into her eyes. "Got this." And he jumped.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She followed Micheal's lead and jumped. The drop down to the train really wasn't that far but it felt like it was taking forever. At least until they slammed into the roof of the train. Unlike in the movies Ashira didn't land in the super hero landing pose but rather it was more of a belly flop into the roof. It hurt and the moment after she made impact she found herself rolling towards the edge. Ashira tired to grab onto anything but this was a sleek bullet train and there was nothing to get a hand on. She felt herself go over the edge but at the last minute something grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her back to the middle of the train. Ashira was on something soft which was strange given they were on top of a train. She opened her eyes not realizing when she had closed them. Perhaps it had been when she was rolling off the edge. She was lying on Micheal. Had they not just made an action movie leap it would look like a compromising position. Or may it was fitting for an action movie as usually this was where they leading lady kissed the hero. Without really thinking she leaned into him and pressed a kiss to his lips.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Michael hit the train hard. Pain shot through his leg as he landed on his side. “Shit!.” He cursed. It was only once they were on the train speeding toward the next station did Michael realize a problem they had failed to notice. There was nothing to hold onto. Except for one thing that was currently digging into Michael’s side. The train car’s beacon light. A smallish red bulb that lit up during the station’s night cycle. Figuring out what this was Michael hooked his arm over it and secured himself. Immediately after he reached for Ashira. But she wasn’t next to him. She was sliding down the side of the car. Cursing, and in pain, he moved quickly while maintaining his hold on the light. Just barely he grabbed her hand as she went over the edge. He could only imagine what the people inside were thinking, seeing her body dangling from the side. With a mighty heave Michael hauled her up back on top of the car, on top of himself. With one hand refusing to let go to their only hand hold up her he wrapped the other around her waist. “It’s ok. I have you-“ Michael was cut off as Ashira swallowed the rest of his words in a kiss. It took him a second but he returned it, squeezing her tighter against him as they rode the train toward freedom. And seeing as he had nowhere to go and nothing to do but hold on for dear life, he continued the kiss. All the way to their destination.

“Please watch you step while exiting.”

The sound of the terminal computer broke them out of the kiss. Michael’s hand, which had previously been holding them in place, came up to caress her cheek. His thumb slinging back and forth. “You’re so beautiful.” He leaned in to give her another peck on her delicious lips. “As much as I’d like to stay here kissing we’re still in a bit of danger. We can do this back on our ship. I’ll put it on auto and lock Lillian in the cargo hold.” Reluctantly breaking apart Michael slid off the train between the cars. With his arms held out Ashira fell into his arms safely. “Perfect fit.” He flirted, giving her a smile before sneaking out and joining the crowd as inconspicuously as they could.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

As they disappeared into the crowd Ashira looked around trying to find Rue in the crowd but she couldn't spot her. It was hard to believe that they had lost her. Ashira didn't want to press her luck by saying it aloud so she just held on onto Michael's hand as they made their way back to the ship. When they arrived at the docks she was equally surprised that it wasn't swarming with guards. Either Rue hadn't called them or they were still on the way. She didn't think it would be the former so she quickened her pace up the ramp seeing Harlow sitting in the pilot seat. Lillian was in the back strapping everything down. The Yoran pilot moved out of the seat letting Michael have it and taking the co-pilot seat. Ashira wasn't really sure where she should be so she sat in one of the seats and buckled herself in. If this was anything like what they normally went through it was going to be rough.

“Everything is secure and the hatch locked lets get the hell out of here.” Lillian said, over the intercom.

Ashira pulled up the rear cameras watching for anything that would come up. As if on cue a group of guards appeared out of nowhere rushing toward the ship. A few of them stopped and started shooting at the ship. They had small arms fire so it was unlikely they would take the ship down but they could wreak havoc with some of the systems. “We've got company.” Ashira said, like the pings of bullets bouncing off the hull weren't enough of a hint.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“Ah shit.” Michael was at the controls. He was hitting everything he could think. “I don’t think we have enough power to pull ourselves out of the docking clamps. They got the new Blackhole Mark Three!”

Harlow looked at him, eyebrow raised in confusion. “Is that bad?”

“Fresh out of the security corps on Fel. Twins must’ve paid a fuck ton to get these across the board from Arturia. Like a Blackhole we’re not leaving. They’re clamped on tight.” Michael pounded the flight deck console.

“So what do we do? You didn’t come all this way to die on some rock.” Lillian was fixing him with a hard stare, as if to say ‘do not let the princess die here stupid.’

“Fuck!” Michael cursed. “We’re gonna have to go up top and release both clamps by hand. The mark threes are made by Faron Shipping Industries. They come with manual releases in case space docks loose power.” Several more rounds pinged off the hull of their ship. “We’re going to need covering fire while I go up the top hatch. Think you ladies can keep their heads down for a bit?”

Lillian opened a storage locker. “We only have two rifles.”

Michael made a face, opening his locker. Turning back around the other three saw him spinning a large hand cannon on his finger. Harlow whistled. “Nice. Overcompensating for something?”

“Ha very funny.” Stopping the spin skillfully so the handle was outward he held it toward Ashira. “This one’s my favorite. Take good care of it and she’ll take down anyone. I’ll need about four minutes at each clamp to go through the unlocking process.”

“It really takes that long? Harlow asked, grabbing a gun.

“No it’s just a lever. I need to get access to it by unscrewing a panel on the side. Just gotta find it.” Michael went back up to the front and hit a few buttons. A ladder unfolded itself from the ceiling and came down.

“If that’s the case I should come with you. I’m not much of a shot. Pilot after all.” Michael held up his hand to stop her. “What?”

“If I don’t make it back you need to get Ashira and Lillian to the capital.” Michael climbed two steps, looking down at them.

“All the more reason I should go instead!” Harlow raised her voice. “Don’t do some macho man bullshit and get yourself shot!”

“Oh trust me I don’t plan on getting shot again. Not before undoing both clamps at least.” Michael chuckled. “But if I do you’re the only other one skilled enough to get them there and end this war once and for all.” Before he ascended Michael leaned down and kissed the top of Ashira’s head. “Be right back darling.” And with that he opened the hatch, bullets already pinging off it, and climbed out.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The weight of the gun in her hands was heavy, it was unlike anything Ashira had ever fired before and thanks to her military training she had fired a fair amount of gun. Until recently it had always been on the range. Since they started this trip that certainly had changed. Michael jumped out of the ship hugging close to it to avoid being shot. Lillian was at one of the doors taking shots at the guards while Harlow sat at the controls ready to take off as soon as they were clear of the clamps. She could see a group of guards hiding out behind another ship docked at their port side. Holding the cannon tightly she tucked it into her shoulder knowing the kick back on it was going to be intense. She sighted on the ship and squeezed the trigger. She didn't really need to aim as the cannon launched a round into the ship nearly destroying it in one shot. The kick on the cannon was more than she expected and she found herself being launched back into a bulkhead. “Damn.” Ashira said, looking down at the cannon.

She pushed herself up already starting to feel bruises on her backside and her shoulder. At the door she scouted around spotting another group hiding behind a ship a little behind the one she just blew up. It seemed like the twins had sent their entire security force to stop them. Lionel had to be pissed about hearing about them fleeing though it probably was Hannah that had brought everything down on them. Ashira leaned down to the clamps seeing Michael working on the first one. “Hurry up flyboy!” She said, then shot at the second ship being thrown back again.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Metal pinged as Michael poked his head out of the hatch. "Damn it." He hissed and he crawled out of the top. Bullets were flying everywhere so he ducked down. The mission was quick, on paper. Find the hatch, open it, pull the disengage switch. A task made harder while under attack. Taking the first harrowing steps forward. Reaching the first clamp Michael dodged a few rounds by vaulting over the clamp, bullets bouncing off the thick metal that held their ship in place. Taking a moment to catch his breath he looked along the clamp. That's when he saw it. Twenty feet along the arm of the clamp was a inset panel. "Longest twenty feet of my life." Grunting as he got up he began running, as best he could while stepping over hydraulic hoses. Off in the distance a ship exploded, shaking the docks. Michael fell onto the clamp hard. The wind was nearly knocked out of him as he pulled himself back onto his feet.

"What the hell is he doing?" One thug asked to another only to receive a shrug.

Michael dropped down and quickly started undoing the clasps on the hatch. "Come on, come on, come on!" Michael yelled as he fumbled the third, hands slipping. He was starting to sweat, the longer he was up here the more chances he had to catch another bullet. "Don't think about that man. You promised you weren't getting shot. You keep your word." Michael psyched himself up as he yanked off the last bit, throwing it aside he yanked the hatch open. With a satisfied yell the pilot grasped the switch, throwing it and the docking clamp jostle as the first one let go of the ship.

"Stop him! He's undoing the locks!" Someone yelled.

"Took them long enough!" Michael shouted as he ran back down the clamp. Bullets trailed him as he moved. "One down..one to go." But this next one wouldn't be easy as there were now a thug coming down at him. As Michael was crossing the hull of the ship he saw the man raise a gun. He threw himself down as bullet flew his way, pressing himself against the clamp to avoid getting hit. Once the metal sound of rounds bouncing ceased Michael chanced a peak. The thug was fiddling with his gun, jammed. Michael bolted towards him. The thug looked up from his jammed weapon in time to get tackled. The two wrestled on the clamp. But Michael was losing, being rolled over with hands around his neck. A gunship was floating nearby, men pointing their weapons at him and fired. It took all his strength but Michael pushed the thug over to block the bullet. Now free of the man's grasp Michael picked up the weapon, reloaded and fired. He managed to down a few before the ship was blown up.

From that brief struggle hitting the last clamp was easy. One bit of good luck was his fight with the thug took place right in front of the hatch. After releasing the last clamp Michael went back down to the ship. "Alright it's done!" He yelled as he climbed down the ladder. "Seal her up and lets go!" Michael was about to head to the flight deck, Lillian was coming back into the ship, when a guy was running up on the ship. Michael reached toward Ashira, drawing his hand cannon from the back of her pants. He aimed at the door and fired. Two rounds that loudly rang out in the ship.

Lillian, who had her hand on the close button, looked at him. "I thought you were a bad shot?"

Michael smirked, spinning the gun on his finger. "Even I can hit one that close." Once the ship was sealed up Michael joined Harlow and took his seat.

"Mind if we skip the safety demonstration?" She joked.

"Don't mind if we do!" Michael strapped himself in. "Hold tight!" The ship lifted off, Michael turning the engines and shot out of the station. "Plotting a course to the border." He smiled. "Then home."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She followed Michael to the front of the ship watching him sit down and banter with Harlow then take off. She froze at the word 'home'. It was his home but it wasn't hers. At least not yet. With everything going on it was easy to forget the reason for this journey. She was on her way to be married to a man she didn't love, hell a man she didn't even know him. Looking at Michael she frowned turned walking to the back of the ship. She went back to the living area sitting down on a sofa. Ashira didn't notice if Lillian had already been in the room or if she followed her in. However she did notice as the other woman sat down next to her. “I know it is hard. I should have known I wouldn't be able to stop you two from becoming close.” Lillian said, patting Ashira on the leg. She could tell just by looking at Ashira and Michael the two had grown close. She was sure neither had acted on the feelings they both no doubt had.

“I have a duty to complete. You don't have to worry about that.” Ashira said. At the start she had resented Lillian fighting against them bonding but now she understood her guardian was trying to prevent the pain she was now feeling. “I suppose you were right about him. I should have kept my distance.”

“I didn't want to be right and I should have known it wouldn't have been possible either.” Lillian said, “I'm sorry you have to be placed in this position.”

“I was born into privileged and that comes with responsibility. The needs of my people comes before my own needs. If I don't do this gods know how many more people will die.” Ashira said, standing up and walking to a window watching the stars fly by.

We Are Warriors

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast