Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast

Thread: [M] Galactic Engagement (Ushima and AngelDellaNotte)

Better Then Expected
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

“Oh pizza. Nice choice.” Michael gave Ashira a thumbs up. It wasn’t the number seven, which was a chicken sandwich slathered in sauce. After the order was in he handed back the pad and the waitress went off to input their order. Now the two were alone. The princess went on to tell more about her life. She had never played a video game until now, never been in an arcade. Twelve palace guards posting up at various places would be quite comical. But the story made him sad. Royalty tended to miss out on average tings. Like simply going to the arcade or playing video games. Movie nights or concerts. Simple walks in a park become awkward thanks to the presence of numerous guards. It sounded so lonely. So depressing.

“That sounds like quite the ordeal. We need to get in as many firsts as we can. I had to drag Cas off to his first strip club on our first R and R back when I was eighteen. Queen Theresa was super pissed at us. She yelled at me and Cas over the vid screen when she found out. We were super hung over and had the club stamps still on our hand. Cas had several lipstick marks on his face.” Michael started laughing. “I was pissed, but also kind of flattered. Here’s the Queen of Arturia scolding me like I was one of her own children. My own folks, Jared and Cynthia, nearly fainted when I visited with Cas. Wanted to see where his best friend, that’s still hard to believe sometimes, lived and what it was like. He was both shocked and amazed. Like an entire new world was open to him.”

“Here you are.” The waitress came back with their food and drinks. And Michael handed her the card to pay. “Enjoy.”

“Thanks.” Michael took his food, held in what looked like was sconce really, and dipped one in sauce and ate it. He smiled when he saw Ashira’s face change as she ate the pizza. He took a bite of his own food before speaking, "Didn't they teach you not to talk with your mouth full at princess school?" Taking two of his pretzel sticks he put them on Ashira's plate before taking a slice off the serving tray, sticking his tongue out at her. Peeling off a piece of pepperoni he put it on his tongue before eating it. "Been awhile since I had a slice of za."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Its called Finishing School and I doubt Lady Twyla would approve of anything I've done on this trip.” Ashira said, picking up the pretzel. She looked over to Michael's plate seeing several dipping sauces in little cups. One was an orange color, there was a red, white and two yellow cups. She lean over dipping the pretzel in the dark of the two yellow cups. As she brought it to her lips it smelled like a mustard but it tasted a bit more spicy than she was used it. It was good, really good. The pizza was better but this was good too. She reached over to the drinks that came with the meal. Her had been called root beer but didn't look like the beers she was used to. It was dark like a lager or an ale. The drink surprised her with its fizzyness and the way it bubbled, tasting noting like beer. “This is the strangest beer I've ever had.” Ashira said, looking at the drink and how the bubbles fizzed to the top.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Michael nearly choked on his beer when Ashira mentioned she had been given root beer. "Wow the gave you pop? Take it as a compliment I guess. Means they think you're younger than you are." Drinking age in Arturia was 18. The same age you started your compulsory service. Service wasn't always mandatory. When the war started it was volunteer only. But then they took heavy losses and the demand for troops rose. Then the executive order was given and the rest was history. At first everyone was eager to fight tooth and nail for their homeland. The honor of Arturia. And as the years passed It was honorable to serve. "Fresh faced seventeen year old Ashira. Back in finishing school getting lectured."

"Lets go Void Reaver!" Someone at the bar spoke loudly, catching Michael's attention. Above the bar were two vid-screens. On them were two mechs battling it out in a icy mountain landscape."

"Whoa there's a mech fight on?" Hitting a button on the table an image started playing across it. The previously mentioned Void Reaver was swinging its weapon. Kicking up diamond dust of snow and ice shards. It was difficult to see who the opponent was. But soon enough all became clear as a gray lance pierced through the fog of war causing Void Reaver to engage in booters and back away. With a stylish flourish of his lance, clearing the frosty haze and showing the mech in all his glory, stood the Iron Knight. Michael's favorite mech of all time. The pilot let out a whoop of excitement. "This is going to be a good match. Void Reaver is a newcomer who was racking up wins. Seems the League threw I.K. at him to put a stop to his streak. He's a veteran pilot going on nine years. As cool as V.R. is he'll fall before the greatness that is Iron Knight. The four time champion." A wide grin spread across Michael's face as he lit up and talked about the fighting league. It was his favorite thing outside of flying. He was happy to share part of his culture with her. After so long in Yoran space he was grateful to be home. "Which of the two do you like?"
    Last edited by Ushima; 05-10-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Is there a difference between them?” Ashira looking over to the monitor. She never really had been into mech fighting. It seemed like a brutish sport. Not that she didn't like fighting sports it just seemed like two robots beating up on each other. Not her thing. “A couple guys in suits beating on each other. This really your thing?” Ashira said.

The table next to them cheered again and Michael focused on the screen again. Ashira took that moment to switch their drinks and grab another slice of pizza. She took a bite of the latter and then took a swig of his beer. “A unrefined sport. If you could call it that. Personally I prefer something with a little more finesse. I used to fence in school. That's a skillful sport.”

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Michael scoffed. "Two people trying to poke each other with pointy things. Dumb." Michael, unknowingly, picked up Ashira's root beer. "Void Reaver is a newer model and the main strength on it is it's thrusters. A highly maneuverable threat. But Knight is a tank. A wall of defense with many years of experience behind the pilot. They're both melee fighters too so their clashes are awesome to watch." As he said that Knight reattached the lance to it's back and drew the sword, exchanging blows with Void Reaver's polearm. "It takes a lot of skill and coordination to pilot one of those things. I hopped in a small frame a few times in the army to held in the loading docks. You get this sense of invincibility in it. Like you could do anything and nothing can stop you. Now all that power in large suits with skilled pilots behind them using their quick thinking and reflexes to out wit and defeat them. Its so awesome. Of course this is all subjective."

After finishing his rant Michael sipped his drink, surprised to see his alcohol was now replaced with bubbly soda pop. Ashira, who cheekily stuck her tongue out at him, held up his mug of beer. "Jokes on you I'm into it." Not breaking eye contact Michael sipped it all down in one go. Setting the empty glass down he wiped his mouth with a napkin before letting out a loud burp. "Woo all that carbonation."

The waitress approached the table again. "Anything else for you two?"

"No thank you." Michael replied, before paying for the meal. As they finished the remnants of the food Michael was pleased to watch Iron Knight defeat Void Reaver. In an impressive display Knight managed to slice one of Reaver's large back thrusters which wrecked havoc on it's stability and movement. From there it was easy for the tank to chip away at it's enemy before the mech's systems froze up ending the match. After the meal was complete they went back out to play a few more games. A few rounds on a fighting game, a few more shooters, a rhythm game where they had to play fake instruments, one where they had to roll balls up a ramp and launch them into different holes for points. The last one before they cashed in some points was a game where they had to push pucks into the other's goal. Ashira won, but only because Michael scored on himself at the end. "No!"

Amidst Ashira's cheers and taunts Michael ushered her toward the prize counter. But then out of the corner of his eye he saw something. "Come here." Pulling her towards a small booth he shoved her in and slid in next to her so she was on his left. Closing a small curtain, giving them privacy, Michael turned on the booth. Looking back at the on a screen was their own image. "Strike a pose princess." Michael struck a pose, his tongue out and his hands held up with only his pinkies and index fingers extended. There was a flash which startled Ashira, causing Michael to laugh as the image of the picture appeared in the corner along with a five second count down. They took ten pictures in total. After they applied some effects, one picture had hearts around them, another a crown over Ashira's head and a raincloud over his, Michael had them sent to his comm device. He then sent them to Ashira's device. "Ah shit I sent them to Lillian too. Well at least she knows what we're up to."

At the prize counter Michael eyed the prizes. "Hmm what do we want?" Scratching his chin he scanned the shelves. They were arcade prizes so they were all crap to begin with. But the joy was in just having it not what it was. In the end Michael went with a stuffed Drake toy. Something the Oleran could cuddle with. Also a t-shirt with the arcade logo and name on it. Ashira picked up an inflatable hammer, which she promptly hit him in the head with, a t-shirt of her own, and some pretty slick looking shades. The rain had stopped when they left the arcade and walked down the strip. The two came to a small park and found a spot to sit near a pond. Floating in the water were soft red lights. "I can't believe you got more points than me. I'm disappointed in myself."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sitting in the grass next to the water Ashira looked our at the water watching as the lights rotated colors running from one color to the next following the color wheel. It started with red shifting to orange, yellow, green, blue, purple then back to red. Sitting there Ashira found herself mesmerized by the colors reflecting off the water. She was pulled from the lights as Michael spoke. “I don't think I've ever had that much fun. Thank you.” Ashira said, if only for a couple hours she forgot she was a princess and her mission. She almost forgot the feelings she had for Michael and the struggle she had with those feelings. She thought about voicing the struggle but didn't want to ruin the moment so she kept it to herself. Her communication device buzzed and she looked down to see a question mark and an emoji of a finger wagging at her. It was from Lillian no doubt about the photos Michael accidentally sent a moment later a emoji of a chili pepper no doubt from Harlow though Ashira wasn't sure if she wanted to know what the pilot meant.

“The girls have seen the photos.” Ashira said, holding up the com-device. “I'm a little surprised Lillian hasn't tracked us down yet.”

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"They must be having fun if they're just responding now." Michael replied, watching the lights change. "Though I'm just as surprised as you. Figured Nanny Lillian would've stomped her way down here. If we don't find them soon just message them that we'll meet them back at the unit." Her held the plushie in his hand, looking at it. "You know I've seen the real versions of these up close. They're nice when they're tiny but if you get a big one pissed at you, you may be in for an interesting afternoon." The palace had several drakes wandering the hall. Personal pets and guards. Even the army utilized them. Strong, loyal creatures. Michael's coms went off, shrill beeps piercing the air. Pulling it out of his pocket he swiped up and answered it. "Yo this is Mike?"

"Where are you two!?" Lillian yelled. He wasn't sure if it was cause she was mad or if it was cause it was loud in the background.

"Hey we were just talking about you. We're chilling in the park by a pond with lights floating on it." Michael answered.

"We-" Lillian's response was drowned out as the crowd roared. Then the connection went out.

"Well then." Michael stuffed the com device back in his pocket. "Concert sounds like its going well." He kind of wished he could've seen the end of it. But then the thought passed through his head, they didn't know how long the band was performing. It was only a little passed eleven right now. Any normal band would play until at least two. "So we can either wait here for a bit and see if mother hen shows up or we can find something else to do. Maybe there's a cinema around playing a late night show...what do you think?"

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Let's just sit for a while.” Ashira said, still looking out over the water. Compared to the flashing lights of the arcade the rhythmic pattern of the lights on the lake was soothing. “I mean it, Michael this nice. Let me forget about everything for a night.” She looked down at the Oleran realizing she had been hugging it. She was glad she would always have it to remember this night. There was a lingering feeling in her mind she would need this reminder in the days to come as she started her new life. She was about to comment on it when she heard sirens racing past them. She watched as a couple fire trucks sped by followed by several police cars. “Wonder what's going on.” Ashira asked noticing they were heading to the club Lillian and Harlow were at.

A few moments later Lillian came crashing through the bushes dragging a very drunk Harlow with her. “Time to go.” Lillian said, pulling the pilot with her stopping just long enough to pull Ashira and Michael to their feet.

“Okay, what's going on?” Ashira said, breaking into a run behind Lillian.

“She is never allowed to drink again.” Lillian said, stopping because Harlow had stumbled and was laying on the ground laughing. Lillian let out a frustrated growl as she tried to help her back up but the pilot was fighting her as she laughed. “Oh fuck it.” Lillian said, then punched Harlow knocking her out. “Trust me she deserves this.” Lillian picked up Harlow throwing her over her shoulder in a fireman's carry, showing that she really was a soldier. “The show had some pretty cool pyrotechnics and before I realized it this one was missing. When I found her she was on stage using those cool pyrotechnics as a flame thrower. She managed to catch a banner on fire. I should have just left her dumb ass there for the police to pick up. But for whatever reason I dragged her out of there and here we are.”

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Ashira I-" Michael's sentence was cut off as Lillian stumbled out of a bush behind them with a drunk Harlow in tow. "What the hell is this?"

"Sorry to ruin your date." Harlow mumbled as she straightened herself out after Lillian pulled her through the shrub.

"Shit you're going to be on the news." Michael ran a hand through his hair, suddenly stress out. So much for being low key." He sighed, standing up from the bench. He listened as Lillian ranted about how she should have left Harlow behind. "Probably a good idea you brought her along. A non-defector Yoran in Arturian territory is usually frowned upon. You did the right thing. As difficult as it is." He watched as Lillian, fed up with Harlow's stubborn attitude, punched her in the face knocking her out. "Damn Lillian you have a mean right hook." Off in the distance Michael could hear sirens approaching the park. "We need to move. Back to the unit." The group moved toward the park exit, the sirens getting louder. Michael cursed. He knew with them carrying Harlow they'd be slower and the police would spot them immediately. No one else looked as suspicious as they did right now. So he stopped running.

"Hey you!" A loud voice yelled. Approaching him was a large man in police uniform. "We're looking for two suspects have you seen them?" A data pad was shoved in his face. Staring back at him was blurry photos of Lillian and Harlow.

"They just ran through here." Michael pointed in the opposite direction the trio of women ran and the opposite direction of the way back to their room. "Took a right down that alley over there."

"You positive?" Michael nodded. "Thank you citizen. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

Michael waved after the police officer. "Always leave one behind to throw off the trail." He turned, smirking as he walked down the street. Soon enough he came to the rail platform. Hopping onto the next car he took the car back to the station near their room. Getting off the railcar Michael walked up the path to their temporary home. Scanning the room key next to the door Michael entered the unit. "Honey I'm home!" He yelled, kicking off his shoes.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She followed after Lillian for a while hearing the police officer yelling at them. She turned to see Michael stop to talk to the officer. He pointed away from them and said something else to the officer. Ashira realizing he was leading them away from she turned to run after Lillian. They managed to get back to the house without the police seeing them. Though it would only be a matter of time before they tracked them down. They would have to leave the planet soon. She wasn't sure how interconnected the police here in Arthurian were but if they were like Yoran police they used a central data base.

Lillian set Harlow down on the sofa as the pilot started to come to. “Ow what the hell happened?” Harlow said, rubbing her eye where it was already starting to bruise.

“What the hell happened? You want to know what the hell happened?” Lillian swung around facing Harlow her fist clinched ready to hit her again.

“Yeah, I don't remember a damn thing.” Harlow said, groaning and looking down as CLEO rolled by. “Hey Chloe, Cleo whatever your name is can you get me some ice?” The robot ignored her until she called the right command word. It responded affirmative then wheeled off.

“Well isn't that just great.” Lillian said, her knuckles turning white. “I should throw your ass on a transport back to Yoran.”

“Oh come on it can't be that bad.” Harlow said, as CLEO came back handing Harlow an ice pack that she put on her face. “What I get us thrown out of the club? That waitress was cute and she was flirting with me.”

Before Lillian could respond Ashira stepped between them. “Maybe it wouldn't be that bad of an idea having both of you go back to Yoran.” Ashira said, setting the stuffed Oleran down on the couch. She had left the other stuff she had won behind in the park but had been holding it when Lillian burst through the bushes.

“There is no way in hell I am leaving you alone in enemy territory.” Lillian said.

“They aren't our enemy anymore Lillian.” Ashira said, though it was hard to think of the Arthurian as anything else.

“Yeah but do they know that?” Lillian asked. “I'm not leaving you here end of story. I swore an oath to protect you.”

Ashira didn't get a chance to respond as Michael came into the unit. “Did you loose them?”

We Are Warriors

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast