Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223

Thread: [M] Galactic Engagement (Ushima and AngelDellaNotte)

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Safety in numbers.” Ashira said, rubbing her finger on the trigger housing of the rifle. It a nice gun. Just before shooting the sniper she had switched the gun off of stun. She didn't know how long a stun would knock him out and they needed to take as many players off the board. She had been surprised to see Booker and then a little worried after whatever happened with Harlow. He didn't seem to be holding it against though. “We can get off this planet, that's not a problem. We've got one hell of a pilot when she's sober.” Ashira said, poking fun at Michael even if this wasn't the best place. “Michael's not half bad either.”

They started moving down the street sticking close to the walls and using alleyways whenever they could. Twice more they had to stop to take out snipers. About a mile from the bowling alley they stopped taking shelter in the gazebo of a park. Hikari wasn't a soldier like the rest of them and couldn't keep up with the pace Michael and Ashira had been going earlier. Booker and Michael took up watch on both sides of the gazebo while Ashira and Hikari sat down under the edge of the wall. The younger girl looked terrified obvious this was a foreign environment for her. Ashira wasn't sure what to say to the girl to claim her down. She was saved from the challenge as the Oleran took that moment to poke his head out of her jacket. Ashira had almost forgot her was there. She was glad he was safe though he looked just as scared as Hikari.

“Is that an Oleran?” Hikari asked, leaning in and was about to touch him when she stopped just short. “I've never seen one up this close. Well only in a zoo. I always wondered if they were as soft as they look.”

“He is the softest thing I've ever felt.” Ashira said, gently rubbing behind his ear. “He likes it when you scratch right here.” She encouraged Hikari to pet the Oleran it seeming to calm her down. “I had never seen one before coming here. I'm told they are usually shy creatures but this one seems to be quite a social creature.”

“It is very rare. Though I have heard stories of them bonding with people.” Hikari said. The Oleran looked up at Ashira who nodded it seeming like they could sense what the other was thinking. The Oleran jumped from Ashira's lap to Hikari. “Can you keep an eye on him?” She asked.

Hikari nodded hugging the Oleran tight and snuggling close to him. “We should get moving again.” Booker said, puzzled at where the Oleran had come from.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Michael held the enemy comms device out as he and Booker stood watch while Hikari rested. "Poor girl isn't used to this." Booker sighed.

"Jumping around on stage isn't the same as sneaking down streets and alleys with your head on a swivel." The pilot took a drag on cigarette he bummed from Booker. "Much more enjoyable though."

"Gonna be honest lad, kinda excited a bit." Booker chuckled, puffing out a small cloud of smoke. He saw Michael's strange look. "The fighting. An old war dog like me. You need a special something to make it in Black Ops. Or maybe more accurately a lack of something." The security guard held up his right hand. "See that? Shakes are gone. It's like a fire was lit in my blood."

"Hmm." Michael scratched his chin. "Think I know what you mean. When I'm not behind the controls I get antsy. My fingers ache to be on the throttle."

"Kid." Booker started. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for bustin' your balls yesterday."

"This isn't one of those 'we might be dead later so I'll say it now' things is it?" Michael took a long drag and tossed the butt of his cig aside. "Cause I hate those."

"Nah." Booker did the same thing Michael did. "Something just tells me we're gonna be too busy soon. Comms seem to say a patrol ahead is moving out of the way. We should get moving again." Booker blinked. "Is that an Oleran?"

"No time like the present." Michael pocketed the comms. "Ok girls breaks over. And to answer your question yes. And to answer your next question yes it is practically unheard of for them to get close to...well pretty much anything." Reaching down Michael helped the young girl, only two years younger than Ashira, up to her feet. He scratched the Oleran's chin before moving to Ashira. "Come on princess." Helping Ashira up he stumbled a little, catching her tight in his arms. His face flushed a little. "Sorry. Seems I'm a little tired."

"Good to go flyboy?" Booker asked, revolver spinning on his fingers. Hikari giggled as Michael and Ashira moved apart. Michael checked his ammo and weapon, smirking at the satisfying clicks of magazines and bolts slid into place.

"Lets move." Michael led the way first out of the park. At the exit back onto the main road he held up his fist for the group to stop. The path ahead had dead civilians on the street. They had passed a few but this was excessive. "The fighting must have started here. Or at the very least nearby."

"Think there's any fools hanging about?" Booker asked, gun up and ready.

"Probably." Michael sighed. "And the railway is two blocks that direction." He pointed down the street where the sign for the railway pickup could just barely be seen. Though Ashira could see it fine with her rifle scope. "I'm going to move up to that bus stop and post up. Once I give the signal you can move up with Ashira and Hikari. Ashira will stay at my position while you two move forward to that map terminal." Michael pointed to the large shot out screen. No longer working it will still provide decent cover from anything coming down the street at them. "Ashira will then provide overwatch while I move up to the next spot." Michael explained the plan of moving forward. "Wish me luck." Michael ran to the bus stop. A crack rang out as a bullet impacted near Michael's feet. Four thugs popped out from behind burned out vehicles. "Plans cancelled we got a fight on our hands!" Michael leaned out of the stop and fired his gun in controlled bursts. One enemy went down but the other three returned fire. "Fuck what I wouldn't give for air support! And me in the air support!"

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Princess?” Hikari asked looking over to Ashira a puzzled look on her face. “Is that some sort of pet name?

Ashira looked from Michael to Hikari surprised he let his guard slip but they were in the middle of a battlefield. “Something like that.” Ashira said, she didn't think Hikari knew her secret and had a feeling she could trust Setsuna not to say anything. Their conversation hadn't been long but it felt like they had formed a sort of bond. They moved down the street toward the station, every so often Ashira would pause and look with her scope. The path seemed clear until Michael started moving a was cut off by a group of fighters. Ashira wasn't really sure where they had come from.

Within seconds they seemed surrounded. “It's her!” she heard one of the fighters shout as more fighters seemed to pour out. Booker had the comm unit now and she could hear it beep no doubt broadcasting their location. She wasnt sure when he had taken it from Michael but now wasn't the time to worry about that. Though she did make a mental note to get it from him when this was over so he didn't see the wanted poster. Who knew what kind of data was on it.

“Michael we got another problem! They recognized me.” Ashira said ducking behind a vending machine. She took a brief look at the machine as it was cold when she leaned against it noticing it dispensed beer and other forms of alcohol. She really could go for a beer right now but it wouldn't do in a fight.

“What the hell do you mean they recognize you?” Booker shouted from behind another vending machine. He had Hikari ducked down beneath him.

“I seem to have a bounty out against me.” Ashira said, shooting down the street attempting to lay down enough cover fire for Michael to get to a better spot. “Not sure who put it out. But to be honest we've pissed off a lot of people in our travels.”

“Why don't I find that hard to believe?” Booker said, thinking about the destruction they had left at the concert last night. As he spoke a burst of gun fire hit the machine they were behind sending cotton flying over the two of them. From the side of the machine it seemed it sold stuffed animals though now they were shredded.

Ashira was a little glad that he didn't press more but had a feeling he would when people weren't shooting at them. That was if they made it out of here. Right now it wasn't looking good as they were scattered on the street and more fighters seemed to be pouring in from everywhere. “Michael any ideas of how the hell to get out of here other than air support we don't have?” Ashira said, and as if on cue the sound of a hover craft broke through the sound of gun fire. At first Ashira thought it was more fighters and they were screwed. Whoever was on the hover craft had a large laser machine gun, when it started shooting Ashira was shocked and relieved when it wasn't aimed at them. They would have been done if it had.

The hover craft skidded around the street and Ashira couldn't make out who was on it between it flying all over the place and the flash from the gun. The only thing she really could make out was the side of the hover craft had 'Zulian Tours' written on the side. It was apparent it wasn't a military craft and whoever was using it was improvising. If Michael hadn't been pinned down at the bus stop Ashira would have thought it was him at the helm of the craft.

She tried to watch as it zipped around but couldn't make out anything more about it. Then she was pinned down by another round of gun fire whoever shooting at her having forgot there was a no kill order on her. The bullets from their gun pierced the side of vending machine showering Ashira in beer and what she thought was wine. She much rather have the cotton that was covering Booker and Hikari.

The craft took another pass around the street taking out a number of fighters. It then landed a short distance from Ashira and she could see Lillian standing on one of the seats of the tour ship holding a massively huge gun she hadn't recalled seeing in their inventory. “Looks like you got a new toy.” Ashira said, jumping in the back seat of the craft behind Harlow who was in the driver seat. “Not that I am complaining but did you steal this?”

“Lillian insisted on finding you in this maelstrom. I told her there was no way in hell it was happening on the ground. Believe it or not but it was her idea to steal it.” Harlow shouted lifting off from the ground and moving over to where Booker and Hikari were. “Want to get the hell out of here?” Once they were aboard Harlow looked around not seeing Michael. “Where the hell is the flyboy?”

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Michael popped up from behind behind a car and fired his weapon. Three bursts downed two guys swiftly. Rounding a corner Michael saw an insurrectionist come around one himself. "Drop it!" Michael yelled.

"Die!" She raised a similar looking gun to his own. Both rifles clicked empty. "Shit."

He cursed too and dropped his gun. His handcannon never made it out as he was tackled mid reach. The two sprawled on the ground. Punches came raining down on his head before he raised his arms to block the blows. Using his weight he rolled them over so he was on top and returned the hits. Abruptly he was yanked off the woman by a large man. Michael watched the woman do that fancy kick up move to get back to her feet. "I could never do that. Kinda jealous." Reaching behind her the insurrectionist drew a knife. After a few flourishes she approached Michael. "That ain't happening again." Raising his right leg Michael stuck a nerve on the man's leg who was holding him. There was a long nerve that went up the leg, it was why soccer players wore shin guards. With a loud yell he let go of Michael. Reaching back he grabbed the man and threw him forward, the knife embedded in his chest. The woman didn't bat an eye she pulled the knife out and went back on the offensive. Swiping at Michael with the bloodied blade.

"I want your head!" She yelled at him.

"So do I!" Michael leaned back to avoid a swipe but it wasn't enough. It cut across his chest. The front of his shirt ripped and blood splattered the ground. On the next attack Michael moved in, blocked the forearm and grabbing the woman. She pushed against him, trying to jab the pointy end in his neck.

"Hey flyboy you ok with your dance partner over there!?" Booker yelled. He gun was pointed at the two but due to Michael's proximity he couldn't get a shot off without collateral.

With Booker now nearby Michael tried to pry the girl off so he could shoot her. But she figured it out as well and latched on refusing to let go while trying to stab him. "I'd appreciate someone cutting it!"

Booker looked over at Ashira. "Girl your man over here needs a new dance partner."

"I got this! Keep your head down princess! Or pop some more heads! Either works for me!" The two combatants stumbled over a car, landing in front of the group. Something hot erupted in his left side. "Where'd that transport come from!" Michael yelled to mask the pain.

"Stole it!" Harlow replied.

"Good job!" Michael and the woman were wrestling over the knife. The red dyed blade hovered over the girl's chest. She elbowed him in his side causing him to grunt in pain. With a yell he pushed the blade hard ending the fight. On shaky legs Michael stood and moved to the hover tour bus. Everyone was piled inside waiting on him. His left arm held his side and with his right he opened the door. "Sorry I'm late everyone I had a prior engagement." Michael plopped himself down, blood dripped down onto the seat, out his side and the cut on his chest. "Hey Harlow can we hit a drive-thru on the way home? Not fast food a pharmacy."

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“There is a pharmacy a couple blocks from here. It isn't a drive thru but they should have something there to patch you up.” Hikari said, still hugging the O'leran she still appeared to be terrified and the creature seemed to sense it. He was leaning into her rubbing his soft fur against her hands.

“Which way?” Harlow asked, with Hikari pointing. It only took a few minutes to get there, Harlow parked in the alleyway behind the store. They all were surprised not to have run into anymore insurgents though no one complained.

Booker had to shoot the back door open and use his strength to yank it free. Hikari not thinking started to just walk inside but the bodyguard grabbed her be the collar and pulled her back before closing the door. It was good that she did as a wave of buckshot slammed into the door. “Damnit Harold, it's Booker!” He shouted into the cracked door.

“You owe me a door private!” A old man called back.

Booker opened the door and stepped inside glad not to be shot at again. “Put it on my tab doc.” Booker said. He walked over to a older man standing there holding a shot gun. The hugged and patted each other on the shoulder.

“It is amazing your tab hasn't bankrupted me private.” Harold said, moving a stack of boxes in front of the door. “You are lucky Ida likes you.”

“I haven't been a private for years.” Booker said, helping Harold move the boxes before Harold lead them into a back room filled with what appeared to be overstock. Once there he started to talk with the older man. Ashira noticed that the two were close friends. Listening to them it appeared they had served together. Harold had been a medic when Booker was a new recruit. Judging by the way they talked they had pulled each other out of the fire many times.

Booker explained what they needed and before they knew it Michael was sitting there with his shirt off as Harold tended to his wounds. Ashira blushed at the sight of it and turned her back to him hoping no one noticed.

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Harlow of course noticed. Almost like she had a sixth sense for dirty things. "Getting an eyeful of our flyboy eh?" She nudged the princess.

"Cramped in that ship of yours?" Booker joked.

"Its a tight fit. Hell I've gotten a peek when he's coming out of the shower." Harlow smirked as Michael grumbled at her. "Oh don't be like that. You should be proud! Bet you make all the ladies happy."

"I'm more worried about these other marks." Harold passed a hand over Michael's body. The numerous scars on his body. "How much punishment have you taken son?"

"As much as needed. Physical. Mental...emotional." Michael hung his head.

Lillian was quick to pick up on Michael's mood shifting. "The Lieutenant has saved us time and time again. He's a good man." Her eyes went to the tattoo on his chest, 705398-B. The Yoran prison tattoo. The knife wound was a little below that on his side. "Been through more than any of us could know."

"Alright lad hold still. I disinfected the would now I'll seal it up." Harold grabbed a strange gray, almost gun like looking device. Holding it over the wound on Michael's chest. Squeezing the trigger a green gel came out and was rubbed into the knife wound. Michael hissed loudly, stomping his foot and started rocking back and forth. "Sealing gel still stings after all these years. And this is the no sting version."

"Get your money back." Michael stood, wobbling a bit before steadying himself. "We need to get back to the unit. You guys gonna come with?"

"Got room in that ride of yours?" Harold asked.

After picking some supplies they piled into the vehicle and took off. Michael asked how Harlow and Lillian got here from the mountain. "Watch." Harlow smirked. The group approached the rail station. There was a large hovercraft sized hole in the wall Harlow drove through. The sides of the rail were angled allowing Harlow to easily drive down them and onto the track. "See? Easy."

"Lets just hope there's no traffic." Michael said. "Or we'll have a long time to say goodbye to each other."

Thankfully there were no trains running and once they reached their stop they were able to drive up and out of the station. But they were in for a shock as a small militia was waiting at their house. A few too close to his ship. "Oi! What the fuck is going on?"

Men were already approaching the craft and motioned for them to come up. "What is your business here?"

"That's my ship." Michael pointed. "What are you doing here?"

The lead security guard looked Michael up and down. "We're gathering forces for a push. We're commandeering that ship to send a team to retake the comm tower."

"That's funny. Doubt you could even start it." Michael crossed his arms, smirking.

Just as the guard was about to speak another man ran up, an engineer by the looks of it, seeming frustrated. "What do you mean you can't get it started?" The ship was selected for a black ops mission so it had a few extra security features. The guard captain turned back to Michael and in a move that surprised him, bowed. "Please sir. We need your help. Without the comm tower it will be hard to coordinate a counter offensive. That tattoo on your arm shows me you're a good pilot. Please help us save our citizens."

Michael's blood was on fire. He wanted to go. Wanted to jump in the ship and take the fight to the enemy again, just like old times. To be the hero. But he had a job. A terrible awful, wonderful job that will save lives at the cost of his broken heart. It wasn't just his call to make. He had three other lives he was responsible for. Turning to look at the women in his company, a fire in his eyes, he asked. "What do you guys think? Should I give them a ride before we head out?"

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Ashira listened as Michael talked with the militiamen, she could see how much he wanted to help. Sometimes she wondered if he truly lived for the fight. It wasn't something she was familiar with first hand but in the last few weeks she had seen the way Lillian lit up in the fight. Sure her face was hard as stone but there was that glint in her eyes. Ashira really didn't get it. Yes, their trip had been a whirlwind and a rush but Ashira would rather not go through it again.

She paused realizing everyone was looking at her to make the call. She thought back to their latest trip where she had tried to distract herself from moping with learning how to speak with an Arthurian accent. Then she glanced to Michael glad he was wearing his shirt again. Never before had she thought scars were sexy. She felt guilty that the city was in this mess because of her. The guerrillas were tearing the city apart to find her. Earlier she had spoken with a common accent but it wasn't the only one she studied. She turned to the head militiaman and put on her best Arthurian noblewoman accent. “We will take you within half a mile of the tower and let you off.” Ashira said. “We cannot partake in the battle to reclaim the tower but we help some.”

The militiaman looked from Michael to Ashira before he straightened his posture and stood attention. He looked nervous unlike he had before. Almost as if he were standing before a four star general. “Aye Lady we thank you for your aid. Might I know of the family I should give my thanks to?” He said.

“You may not.” Ashira said, turning away from him and walking to the ship. She didn't turn back but could hear the rustling of him giving a low bow. Ashira didn't stop instead walked to the cockpit. Behind her she could hear Harlow chuckle and then the others fell in behind her. Along the way Booker and Hikari took up residence the crew quarters while the militiamen stacked up in the cargo bay.

When they reached the cockpit there were still a couple engineers standing by the console trying to figure out how to start the ship. Harlow sat down in the copilot chair and rubbed the dash gently and seductively. “Boys you need to learn how to touch a lady. She needs the touch of a lover not a teenage boy groping around.” Harlow said, leaning in close to the console her lips mere inches away before she pulled back and turned to the engineers, “But a lady never likes to be gawked out and never kisses and tells. Out.” She stood and ushered them out shutting the door behind them leaving only Michael, Lillian, Ashira and her in the cockpit. She plopped back down into the copilot chair.

“What the hell was that?” Lillian asked, the moment the door shut as she looked to Ashira.

“Was my accent bad again?” Ashira said, dropping down in the navigator chair a downhearted look on her face.

“Bad? Hell no that was amazing. Why the hell didn't you use that when he arrived? A hundred times better than whatever the hell you tried to use before.” Harlow said.

“I didn't want to sound posh. We are trying to blend in not draw attention to ourselves. Which I have to admit we suck at.” Ashira said.

“You didn't want to sound posh? Just by the fact that you use the word posh means you are posh. Princess you couldn't not be posh, it doesn't matter if you believe in nurture versus nature you are screwed either way. You are posh.”

We Are Warriors

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The militia captain bowed. "Thank you." Ashira walked off after refusing to give her name. So the captain looked to him. "And what about you lad? Can we at least get your name? Would like to know who to pin a medal on after this."

Call it vanity, wanting recognition for his work, but Michael answered. "Lieutenant Michael Coran sir." The two men shook hands.

"Coran?" The captain raised an eyebrow. "Any relation to the Planetary Defense Admiral Coran?"

"That'd be my pops." Michael answered with a gentle nod.

Scratching his beard the captain smiled. "No shit. Hey Watkins! Come 'ere!" Another militia man about as old as the captain approached. "Remember your C.O. back in the Navy days that you tell those stories about at the bar? Captain Coran?" The man, Watkins, nodded, gaze shifting over Michael. "Meet his baby boy."

Watkins broke out into a grin. "Well ain't this somethin'? Small galaxy. Tell me how's your pops doing?"

"Doing good sir. Back home. Probably eating dinner with ma about now." Michael shifted, grasping his wounded side. "How long did you serve with my father?"

"Four years, back in my service days. Good man. Never lead us astray. If we get through this I'll tell you some stories your pops probably wouldn't want you to hear." The two chuckled before both militia men left to finish their preparations.

"Admiral Jared Coran. Hero of the Kresta Blockade. Cold-blooded Cynthia. Savior of Lost Causes." Michael turned to see Booker staring at him, arms crossed and smirk on his face. "You have quite the pedigree there Devil."

"Big shoes to fill." Michael moved past Booker, patting his shoulder as he passed. "You and Hikari hunker down in the crew quarters. The beds double as escape pods." Booker nodded and went over to Hikari, taking the girl inside the ship. Michael did a walk around of the ship before entering through the back cargo hold. Men were taking their positions, checking their gear and weapons. Most had combat rifles. Two had shotguns. One even had a rocket launcher. Clearly an incase of emergencies weapon. Inside the crew cabin he closed the door behind them.

"What a weirdo." An engineer muttered as he passed by them on their way to the cargo hold. He shot them a strange look back over his shoulder but pressed on. No explanation was needed, he guessed Harlow was being her weird self. But at least the flight deck was clear of onlookers now.

The door hissed open and Michael limped inside. No one paid him attention as he took his seat, they were discussing Ashira's performance. Which admittedly to him was pretty on point. "Feeling ok there champ?" Harlow asked him as he pressed buttons for the startup sequence.

"I'm good." An obvious lie as all three women saw him walk in holding his side, which still hurt. Pain was fading but not fast enough. His fingers hovered over the engine start button. But he didn't press it. Instead he turned on the intercoms for the ship. Leaning forward he rested his elbows on his knees. His hands came together, his right over his closed left fist. Michael lowered his head, resting his forehead against his hands. "I am right hand of the King, I am the hammer, the instrument of His will, the mail about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword, the shield on His arm, the flight of His arrows. For his honor we go forth to protect those who cannot." Michael sucked in a breath. "Our blades hunger!" An echo came from the back of the ship as well as through the comms as the men in the back replied to Michael's cry.

"What was that?" Lillian asked.

"Just something some of us do." Michael replied, hitting the starter and the launch thrusters burst to life. The ship rocked as it slowly started rising. "We have lift. Everyone strap in." Hitting more buttons on the screen Michael input the coordinates for the tower. "And a half mile out. Ok we're set. Drop these boys off. Reunite our other guests with the band and then next stop upper atmosphere. Savy?"

"Depends. Can you do that without getting injured again?" Harlow joked. Michael flipped her his middle finger. "I don't know what that means but if you do Momma will kiss it better."

"Please don't distract the pilot." Lillian scolded.

"Its alright." Michael turned around to look at the three. "I am a bit of a momma's boy." He winked before facing forward again.

It got a laugh out of Harlow. "You're learning! I've trained you well my apprentice."

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223