46 Post(s)

You unleashed the beast.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Theme Song

Shoza

“My body was made from the blood of my father. My Essence the child of the sacrificial humans sins. My memories the imprint of many minds.”

Age is Relative, but if one must be represented by a number then I chose to represent myself with the wisdom of 27 years

Blood forms the flesh
    Bone binds the frame
    Sins bond the soul

My child has the beauty of a human. Bears the burden of their sins. Yet carries my blood and my heart. I do not find his pallid complexion and weak appearance as a curse as others do. Compared to my monstrous form humankind may be more willing to give themselves.

I paint this horrible visage with the markings of another kind. The bridge between Human and Fiend. I speak the language of the sinners and the sinners listen to the words I say. For my demeanor was crafted by the Puppet Master who made me what I am today.

Spoiler: New Moon Appearance 

Spoiler: New Moon No Mask 

I lose my teeth. I lose my fangs. I lose my eyes. But I do not lose my spirit. I remember what I am. And while my paint fades away, I dawn a mask to hide what I have become. I have not lost touch of fear and that is what my mask represents.

Spoiler: Half Moon Appearance 

Personality:

“Come to me” the father says

So I came to him.

“Let me show you how to become”

So I let him shape me, mold me, Into anything he so desired. For I was made from your supplicants and molded by your Essence.

And I so I was gifted with

Patience, able to understand the words of those you called Sinners, able to speak the language you called Willing. And speak with the ones we called Allies. I was the bridge and I was to be tolerant of all that came to your door to seek your guidance or even your power.

Honesty, no one likes a liar and no one likes to be lied to. You taught me this useful skill so those would be more forthcoming to me because I was more forthcoming to them. A relationship you said is built upon trust. So I gave them something to trust.

Mercifulness, you taught me to understand mercy and its key uses. You taught me that it builds trust. You said it was so I could understand empathy and sympathy, to know what being wounded was like.

Understanding, to build respect and loyalty one must be understanding and thus I understood it.

Major Skills:

Demonology -

“Father you spoke to them.You gave me their names and I studied and learned them.”
    Due to Shoza’s upbringing and considering where he has been and who has trained him, Shoza knows quite a bit about demons. He knows their weaknesses, he knows their strengths, he knows them from a physiological standpoint and a mental one. He knows where they favor to live. He knows where they cannot live.

Negotiator -

“To speak to a demon is different than speaking to a Sinner or the Willing. One must understand the tools that work best for both.”

Shoza does not used honeyed words that run down silvering rivers. Yet, he knows how to get what he wants from humans or demons through tactful intimidation. He does not need to use such manipulation, power speaks both to humans and demons, and they will respond to the strongest one in the room. Usually him. Or usually him bluffing with extreme cunning that he’s the most powerful in the room.

Chicanery-

“Trickery is necessary, when you want someone to believe something even if it is not true. Those often with the most mental dexterity are the perfect illusionist and get what they want in return.”

Mental finesse is Shoza’s game it is how he gets what he wants, when he wants it. Those who cannot see through him are often the most hypnotized by words that sound like wisdom, but are carefully planted manipulations.

Minor Skills:

Insight -

“If trickery does not work. Then one should learn how to disappear before others eyes. Not out of cowardice. The point of a magic trick is to read the crowd. Some are more gullible than others.”

It hard to slick a slick, especially one who has insight into how others work. Quick thinking and able to pick up the most subtle of clues when his verbal trickery is not working.

Stealth -

“The best strike is one someone does not expect. If you cannot defeat an opponent’s mind. You must defeat their body. A quick strike that is not suspected is often the best strike. It is punishing. Self serving. And weakens them before needing to drag out the fight far too long.”

He is not one to stick to the shadows, well not in a traditional sense. Something in his decorative appearance allows him to blend with his environment. Emulating the things around him, and appearing to be a figment of an individual’s imagination. Or so they think until he strikes.

Iaijutsu -

Whether Shoza is aware of the practice he has learned and familiarized himself with for the last twenty-seven years, Shoza uses a form of Iaijutsu. Which focuses on a dynamic, fast reactionary quick draw. In retrospective he would also know the art of Iado because it’s a fundamental structure of Iaijutsu.

Abilities:

Guard Fur - There is something more to Shoza’s beautiful mane, than long white hair. In fact it’s not even hair, it’s thick coarse fur that extends to his tail bone. This fur is exceptionally dense and coarse, and offers Shoza some protection from impacting forces such as being thrown across the room and landing in his dense hair. Or protecting him slashing cuts. His fur is so thick, it cannot be cut by an ordinary blade and even Essence based weaponry have trouble cutting through its defenses.

Drawback: This ability is all, but lost during the New Moon. Since his fur grows atop his head, Shoza is left with his human hair during the New Moon, with a few thick strands left in his human hair. Also it can only protect a certain range that his fur covers. Mainly his back and some of his upper torso that being his shoulders, and his sides where his hair flows down. Leaving his mid torso exposed.

*Echolocation - Shoza’s ear are not for nothing, they don’t sit atop his head looking pretty. While it should be obvious that he has excellent hearing with those ears of his. It should also be noted that he has the uncanny ability to locate an individual merely by the way sound waves reflect and bounce off of certain objects in the environment. His hearing is even enough to hear certain things scampering underground.
    *Effects Human Hearing Too

Drawback: With great hearing comes the double edge sword drawbacks of having it. Shoza can hear an individual up to 60 ft away from him. But he is also susceptible to sonar based power and or loud noises that either spook away his prey or distract his listening in ears. He too is susceptible to loud distracting sounds that hurt his hearing for a short time and disorientate him.

Essence Secretion - Essence releases from the pores on his scalp, giving the mane its otherworldly potency of color and durability. Though his Essence, unlike others, has a greater malleability and versatility in its uses. The oil can be clumped together to create and mold variant shapes from strands of his hair. Small items like cantrips, marbles, or needles take less time or concentration to form than their respective larger counterparts. His ability is near limited in what it can shape, his oil remaining malleable until the moment it is taken out of his scalp, it then hardens at will into whatever shape he so willed it to be.

Drawback: Shoza cannot create sentient beings from his hair, he lacks the skill, power or even know how to infuse his creations with sentience, thus the various shapes are often of objects or tools that he could easily construct. Larger items can take some time to craft, up to half a minute or longer. Because he is using his precious hair to also construct items out of it, it also weakens the strength of his guard fur. And also drains him of Essence, weakening his stamina if he secrets too much from his scalp.

Large items cost 4 points (and are roughly the size of a katana or bigger), medium items cost 3 points (roughly the size of wrench), small items cost 2 (roughly the size of a basketball), tiny items cost 1 point (roughly the size of a marble).

Current Charge 10/10

Charges regin 1 point every ten minutes unless he puts the Essence objects back into his hair and release the oils.

Powers:

Still Hypnotization - Shoza does not make extra movements, he moves with a stillness that compels creatures to look at him. This hypnotizing effect slowly begins to weaken the will for another creatures to fight. The longer they look the more effects they begin to experience. At first they are dazed by his appearance. In three seconds they begin to experience vertigo from his presence. And so and so forth till they lower their guard as they stare into him.

Drawback: Shoza must remain perfectly still to hypnotize his opponent and his target keep contact with him for seven seconds. If he is to move the spell is broken. He must wait another seven seconds before his ability activates for him to hypnotize the creature again.

Demonic Special

Noroi Manekin Sacrament- Shoza has the capability of turning his dying opponents into Shikigami. Paper dolls in his servitude until they die to be reborn as Shikigami, taking them out of the eternal rebirthing cycle. The Shikigami are then freely commanded. Either performing a mundane task for Shoza if he so demanded it, unusual uses of tactical battle advantage, or in his negotiation tactics where intimidation is a key factor. They are a constant reminder to demons and Half-Fiends that Shoza is not one to con or go against.

Drawbacks: When the Shikigami die they are reborn as wild Shikigami no longer under Shoza’s command. And he must have ritual paper with him in order to bind a dying opponent whether demon or human into the paper. Because of the unique qualities that make a Demi-Fiend human And demon he cannot turn them into paper dolls. And different creatures require a different form of concentration. Lesser Demons and Humans because of their simple willpower cost up to nothing to bind into his paper. But more powerful Demons might require a lot more energy of his own to bind them. And Demon Kings would likely kill Shoza in an effort to bind into a paper doll.

Weapon:

Momiji wo Chirasu “Scatter the Autumn Leaves”

Maple leaves begin to fall on the snow blushed ground. In the distance they were hues of red and gold. The color of my mother’s dress that day was blue. All the colors that bring me familiarity in some shape or another. Hidden are my fangs.

Beautiful on the outside. A deadly reality lies in my Essence. Just as it lies in the scabbard of my parasol. My shikomizue a gift from my father, the day I was awarded my fangs. The day I discovered my power.

Weaknesses:

Indoctrination - Born with the belief that he would lead the Onahrai someday when he gathered strength. Shoza young life was influenced by the doctrine of the Onahrai and the words of his father, who greatly influence the doctrine of the Onahrai. Shoza is a personality of religious fervor and mild independence. But he would never cross his doctrine or father’s word. If he did he might have to seek a way to cleanse the unworthy thoughts. He also rarely views the word in a moral gray zone, often categorizing people either pure of thought or unwilling or unworthy of thought.

*Sensitive Hearing - Shoza hearing is not something simply tied to his kemonomimi, it is also something the way his brain has perceived to pick up sound. Because of this, even in human form Shoza has a hard time with loud noises that may throw him off his trail from time to time or deafen him for a few seconds because his hearing is so exceptional.

Socially Awkward - While true, Shoza does not often appear as the quirky, awkward adult person. Shoza is a very different awkward then we're use to. Due to his harsh upbringing in the Onahrai and his responsibility as their Messiah and Leader, his lessons and teaching lacked a fundamental kink, teaching him how to have proper discussions with people.

While a great and confident negotiator, manipulator, and cunning social acrobat getting the things he wants. Shoza does not chit chat. Mostly because his chit chat is from a limited perspective, maybe even a naive one at times. Shoza is somewhat incapable of addressing more dynamic conversations about emotions, others feelings, about truly understanding the depths of people.

Misc:

Momiji wo Chirasu ("Scatter the Autumn Leaves"), which is a saying for making someone red with embarrassment. Thus the name of his sword is a play on words, he embarrasses them with tricks and colors them red with blood.

Shoza wears a Kariginu over a red kimono as seen in the appearance

Under the pale white of his makeup Shoza actually has a very light, olive tan skin tone. And despite his links to Kitsune, even considering his Geisha like Kitsune makeup. Shoza is sort of a mixed hybrid with no discernible traces to his demonic physical features.

Shoza stands at 5ft 9inchs

History: I Cheated

Availability: Open - I can frequently post, my speed is more or less adaptable based on others speed

“I have read the rules. And I accept being responsible and respectful in this RP. I know when this character is accepted, that I am responsible for communicating effectively with the GM and other members.”
    Last edited by ShinobiSpirit; 05-16-2017 at 08:18 PM.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Very compelling!

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Nier: Automata.. Nice choice for a theme.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

You're a beautiful bastard Haz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shoza probably be completed tomorrow. Because I have to write a history and if I am competing with good ol Clyde here then I gots to do gots do what makes Shoza cool. And cuz you know some people don't find him as compelling as some others do, I gots to make me the bestez damn histories I can.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiSpirit View Post
    Shoza probably be completed tomorrow. Because I have to write a history and if I am competing with good ol Clyde here then I gots to do gots do what makes Shoza cool. And cuz you know some people don't find him as compelling as some others do, I gots to make me the bestez damn histories I can.
    Such degree of competition isn't necessary. If it pleases the GM enough for acceptance and represents what you want to explore with the character, that is enough. Anything else is the ego speaking, and ego in most cases does not serve the mind it is apart of.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minkasha View Post
    Such degree of competition isn't necessary. If it pleases the GM enough for acceptance and represents what you want to explore with the character, that is enough. Anything else is the ego speaking, and ego in most cases does not serve the mind it is apart of.
    lol

He just means he wants to put his best foot forward

Most
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

-Redacted-
    Last edited by Comet; 05-03-2017 at 02:02 AM. Reason: -Will be reworked-
    Spoiler: Signature 

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Ethela

Appearance: As an onlooker you see a lasciviously dressed battle maiden. Her walk more befitting a man in his prime, her feet strut and kick the Hamanian sands. Foot after foot, steps were led by the hip and by the shoulder: she was cocky while also on display. The jiggle of her silver chains off her fortified bra, the soft texture of her skin, the hardened clutching of her fists and the repeating flourish of cloudy hair pulled a certain kind of attention. Male onlookers were almost insulted by the sight of such a hardened feminine beauty; but women were quietly drawn to the stoic masculinity the Corrupted warrior had so innate to her.

Ethela, you didn’t forget her name and you watched her from afar with a blush to your face. Though nothing would be said, you had hoped a woman like her would connect to your female visage. In some ways she was cold to meet the hot sand, and detached in appearance to all the interest directed at her. A bit of a counterweight to everything around her but you could see the grains of sand stuck to her red cloth, on the sweat of her honed thighs and lean body and remembered she was a native here.

Then, of all the demon and human folk staring, Ethela looks to meet your eyes and you stare into the silver storm. And the mask she wears cracks enough to release a wink and you feel your heart race secure in your breast. You pull back your hair behind an ear and smile sheepishly.

“Welcome back”

Human Appearance: The transition of Demi-Fiend into Human is so unnaturally swift for Etrhela. The drama of the surrendered power changed in the blink of an eye at New Moon’s day. The features that so attuned her to the storms she held mastery over were gone and replaced. A blonde beauty, blonde like the hay grown in the plains with blue eyes as deep as the swallowing depths far south stand in place.

“I will see you tomorrow.”

Ethela stands at 5’7” and has a soft yet definitively athletic build.

Personality: Ethela has a provocative bravado programed into how she walks and gestures her body, but this fiery arrogance isn’t a part of her inner world. Ethela is difficult to scare, yes, but her thoughts keep to the idea of ability: her confidence is birthed from a trust of herself. Ethea is shameless about her body and was raised from a very young age to understand it is a utility for many types of situations.

Often times stoic outwardly, Ethela doesn’t connect with others on an emotional level very well and depending on the meekness of the person may intimidate them. There is a special place in her heart for her female guardian Vesa and any of Ethela’s past bedroom conquests – so far there has been little showing of room for anyone else.

Ethela appears very serious but her mind is immature and playful. Poor on delivery verbally, the times it is obvious she is capable of emotion is when she flashes teasing and silly expressions before childishly shoving, elbowing, or punching someone.

Vesa’s influence on her has made Ethela wary of trusting others and yet she cannot help herself from dropping her defenses when she meets a beautiful woman. Ethela has a deep, sensual appreciation of female kind and gives no care to men’s attractions directed at her. Vesa has also raised her to be bold in her pursuit of her pleasures which makes monogamy a difficult practice for Ethela to keep to. Not always bold to flirt or in the middle of doubts with a partner she may have – Ethela will still take in what has been placed in front of her.

It is said it is the draconic influences that make her such a playgirl, the lack of impulse control is a strong pillar of her personality. Ethela’s angers do not last and her lusts don’t either – usually both of are solved quickly after they come, on Ethela’s part to act on them. The week before the Red Moon is the worst time for Ethela as her moontime sends her emotions into wilder states and make her pretty reckless. It is during this week especially she needs reliable company to sway her judgment and ground her.

Raised on the ethical code of a succubus, it is not surprising Ethela is very comfortable killing humans for what she needs and has little regard for the romantic commitments women may have with others. From her dragonic/demonic corruption Ethela has some personality quirks. Ethela has a desire to stare at very shiny objects and events. This can distract her for she is not a very disciplined mind to resisting her impulses. In times of injury her dragon influence yearns her to distance herself from others least be irritated, but if she’s in dire need she will wild into a shy flower unlike any had expected her to ever be.

However, with the events taken place in her life – Ethela searches for ‘Yore’ in Sanctuary – wary of the Humans inside.

Major Skills:

Great Sword Combat: Intermediate Mastery – Ethela’s training comes directly from the Warset Demons of Haman. The use of her magics and strengths has made it difficult to train her for she lacks humility on the field and uses all her advantages to their full extent regardless of context. While this makes her very deadly, it also has curbed her ability to learn how to fully use her great sword if she were ever to fight deprived of her other combative assets. She was quite fast and strong, able to swing it and block many attacks – but those who have mastery of mundane combat and can pull of exquisite redirects will find holes in her emotional fighting body mechanics.

Harsh Environmental Training - Her life in the Haman Outpost among the dunes has given her great stamina to the weathering effects of the world. And in hot environments she is adept at finding means to sate basic needs for survival.

Adept Infuser - Thanks in part to her fascination with the sparkle of Essence Ethela had learned with the Infusers in Haman how to do their craft. While she has learned much since youth (as it was one of the few things she could sit still and focus on for a long duration) there is room for her to learn more about the depths of crafting. She is able to infuse items with Essence and help keep them in prime condition.

Minor Skills:

Female Seduction - Learning much about the art of sensuality from Vesa, Ethela not only radiates a bold presence to women, she also has erotic experience to make her stoic yet playful nature alluring to the same sex. To men she often comes off too masculine despite her looks, and her body language can be offputting to men who want a submissive female.

Persuasion Resistance - Vesa taught her also some nuances of social navigation even if Ethela does not personally use them she is aware when charismatic people or spells are being used against her. It takes very sophisticated charms or natural-born silver tongues to slip past her detection. This makes her more difficult to charm but because of her lack of impulse control if she is charmed she is most likely swooned. (Note: This does not apply to beautiful feminine women, she has a natural weakness to their allure)

Endurance Training - Whipped into shape by the Warset Fairy Korris hardened her muscles and ability to handle physical stress over the years. Once gritting her teeth across the sandy outpost and sweating at the first signs of physical difficulty, now can endure for many hours training and testing herself with long term or chronic pains and challenges before she collapses.

Abilities:

Armored Draconic Physiology - Under Ethela’s skin is a layer of scales that protect her organs and bones. It is able to take the blunt damage of mundane physical impacts and falls. To do harm to her body beyond her skin requires either an intense source of mundane physical damage or a weapon prime with Essence and not dull. This is why she gets away with wearing so little so it appears, she’s naturally armored on the inside. Her skin also regenerates quickly: cuts heal in minutes, gashes heal roughly in 10 to 20 and if a large chunk was peeled off it would regenerate in an hour.

Drawback: Because it’s beyond her skin Ethela still has to experience the pain of her skin being damaged as the nervous system is still connected. Ethela does not shy from pain but she does not have a high endurance to acute pain inflicted in combat. Pain, over time also triggers her dragonic physiological urge to retreat into solitude to lick her wounds. And because she follows her impulses, it could be pressed till she flees combat.

Lightning Mastery - From the essence of the Vritra Cosmic Dragon passed down to her, Ethela has a very bold connection to this element. It grants her three lightning based powers. (See powers)

Drawback: It is Ethela’s most comfortable element and thus robs her of any adaptability with her powers other than what she can do. If someone is resistant to the element - there is little she can do about it. Her lightning powers leech off her stamina. This includes a charge mechanic. The charges recover one point every minute. If she goes into negative she is lethargic for a half hour till they are all recovered.

Current charge 10/10

Draconic Essence Hoarder - From her Corruption she has the ability to change Essence from its solid form of currency and eat it raw as food to sustain her. Eating 4,000 Essence (or 40 Chroma Coins)

Drawback: She’s eating her money...money buys things. But she’s literally making her money her food?

Powers:

Lightning Jolt - Ethela can shoot a blast of lighting either from the tip of her sword or from her hand. In the booming sounds that erupts is also the power of a lightning strike at the length of 60 feet. This lightning bolt can cut through whatever materials the beam of energy would be able to on a mundane level. At any point of the 60 foot Ethela can choose to teleport there in the flash of light of her spell.

Upgraded: It can now be bent and contorted in a 60 foot length as Ethela sees fit upon firing the blast.

Cost 2 Charges.

Average Ability - Not lost during the New Moon

Drawback: Ethela needs to have a clear understanding of where she wishes to go during the strike, or at least should - before she casts the spell. The flash of light also blinds her temporarily and for the moment she needs to decide where she will end up it becomes a guessing came from what she recalled the second before. If anything has changed or if she didn’t notice key details before she teleported it would be too late for her to go back.

If she casts this spell twice from the same hand the heat will begin to melt her flesh and pain her greatly. It is best cast from her blade, but it slows down her maneuverability of the spell.

Lightning Barrage - Ethela’s weapon (or fists) is infused with the speed and spark of lightning. Her next three attacks swing at the speed of lighting and carry with them the heat and voltage of the strike.

Costs 6 Charges

Drawback: Ethela is swinging faster than she could ever calculate and could be prone to mistake if the situation requires delicacy on the field. Also the electricity is out of her control and it would conduct however the current elements around would do so.

Lightning Lasso - From the tip of her great sword or from her hands she can release a 40 foot lasso with the gripping and holding strength of three hundred pounds. At her dismissive thought the lasso will cackle out of existence and vanish. If she is without her sword it is a good alternative with hot lashing strikes. If she wishes it to have a charge to it, it costs more points. Otherwise the lasso feels like very warm, almost uncomfortably warm, solid white light.

Cost 1 Charge to make; Cost 1 Charge to electrify for one swing or grapple.

Drawback: Lasso combat is something she is equally as able with as she is great sword combat. It means those who are more able than she in martial ability may outdo her when fighting her with the lasso.

Weapons: The Boom Blade is the jagged alignment of four hooked blades converged to a critically sharp end. A massive blade, three feet wide and four and a half feet long. Nearing Ethela’s frame in size, it is a great sword made personally by her own work in the Haman Outpost.

The Boom Blade, aptly named by Ethela’s fourteen year old self, has a powerful synergistic relationship with her thunderous magics and holds readily the power of her storms.

Upgraded: When The Boom Blade cuts into a target, it releases a jolt of electricity through their nervous system. This jolt has the effect like a taser and makes random muscles in the body contract. If struck enough times the shock can paralyze them.

Weaknesses:

Lack of Impulse Control - Ethela’s draconic nature was only encouraged to be followed by Vesa. It is already a powerful string of neuron impulses in her mind, but never taught inhibition from a young age Ethela almost always goes after what feels right.

Appreciation of Beautiful Women - Many times what feels right are the desires she has for the female creature. While she is in a relationship, it struggles to keep monogamous by her side of things and in combat or diplomacy Ethela can be caught off guard - prone to flirtation.

Fascination with Shiny Things - The glint in Ethela’s eye may just be a reflection of something she’s staring at. Ethela stares and even desires things that are shiny. Luckily she is not a hoarder but there have been times she has begun to build a large pile of treasure...Shiny things can distract her in combat or social situations.

History: Ethela’s history starts with the closing of the Chasam and the settling of the Red Moon. In the cosmic pool above Earth something had emerged. It glistened, darkened and stilled in the sky for all to observe worrisomely above.

It twinkled so gently - pretending so well to be only another figure in the universe to be studied with awe and mystery. People eyed the serpentine shape in the stars and knew what they saw was beyond just twists and contortions of spacial clouds. Something mammoth in size was sleeping; No one wanted it to ever wake.

They called it Vritra and its moniker was something romantic yet terrifying to the ears: The Constellation Dragon. Generations passed, the moon glimmered in all her bloody colors and nothing changed in Vritra’s nebula.

It was until two brothers had become men that things evolved. Azoh the oldest and Yore the youngest, together were banded with many others in Sanctum. At the last safe haven for man they fought and defended against the demonic across the sewers, pipes, and surface of the Earth.

In the night sky Vrtira twitched and with luck there had been those stargazing to witness in horror the creature finally announce itself real. Word reached the Sanctum fighters, something beyond the berserker class demons they had ever fought was groggily preparing for battle. Azoh did not have Yore’s ingenuity but he certainly had his brother’s loyalty and bravery to help keep those in Sanctum focused.

Azoh banded good aligned demons who foresaw the fall of Sanctum to spell their own deaths with the demon hunters. They banded in the hundreds with eyes aimed at the moving space figure charging to their planet. They were overshadowed by its monstrous size.

Everything seemed bleak in the face of death. Faith was a bold feeling in the heart, but goodbye was a primal beat in human nature. Azoh in this time laid with his wife Emila, unknowingly sired a child within her.

Yore never wanted leadership but he did so in need for greater survival. It was his open mind to demonic kind and the careful scrutiny of prejudice that enabled him to gather information from demons and understand the weaknesses of dragons. Vritra was like any, despite its size, a weakness for things shiny and bright was the center of his desperate plan. In the beach side south of Sanctum he gathered as much Essence and miscellaneous baubles he could before the Constellation Dragon was truly upon them. This bright beacon sitting on the colorful sands pulled Vritra.

The dragon swallowed the entire coastline in size, but its eyes kept sharply onto the pile of treasure. Feathers and scales were the size of buildings belonging to the old civilization, their window of opportunity was short. Demons and Aurahky mounted the creature’s skull and began to tear apart its vitals from the inside - the ear canal tall and deep as caves. A dragon so capable to destroying all life on Earth was killed from the inside out and it exploded into thousands of shards. A rainbow of Dragon Shards scattered the planet’s sky while they arched and began to rain down in every direction.

In some strange way the world was saved, Yore had to watch friends and allies die in the depths of this creature’s body. Many were blown apart by the explosion of this magical beast. Azoh also found this creature and its reaping death to exhaust him too. But his wife, Emila, was only more passionate once she saw the dispersing Dragon Shards.

Learia was beautiful and respected for abilities as both healer and combatant. It always stirred in Emila, grated against her own self confidence and in return projected as a disgust for Learia’s arrogance. Across the beach and the plains bordering Sanctum she gathered the Dragon Shards. Azoh suggested she slow down with the eventual oncoming of their child, but Emila denied any attempt of his swaying - noting herself to be fully capable still. The magical temptation of the Dragon Shards were miraculous. Not only did they enliven the magic the individual stones correlated to - they returned Essence back into the user upon use. Stronger magic and the ability to utilize the craft without consequence. It did not require Emila to look deeper, many others fell for the seduction.

In her time alive and in her prime, she showed herself off - able to be extracted from yet appeared unphased and still highly empowered. The next two months were hers to soar over Learia in local lore and conversation. Emila was the amazing spell caster. Azoh stood in her shadow, leashed by his love for her and afraid of how far into her wild behavior she’d go with his child inside of her if he strayed.

An escort mission was to trade resources for intel and the maintenance of a tentative relationship with the Hamanian demons living in their outpost in the sandy norths of Sanctum. An alliance they had made together to fight Vritra had to be kept somehow. Emila and Azoh took the mission - both foolishly thought the journey would be more than manageable, especially with the power Emila had been displaying. Beyond the point of return, as their foods and resources were narrowing in equal parts their distance to the outpost the husband and wife were ambushed.

Wild demons, a pack, they were to be manageable and the beginning of the fight started in the favor of man and woman. The Dragon Shards had poured enough Essence in her to twist her. The Dragon Shards had been feeding her the energy of The Constellation Dragon. Spell after spell it was gathering inside the depths of her blood, to her unborn child. And now in all the worse of times the threshold was crossed and the gathered magic Corrupted the girl inside of her. The baby swelled, matured and ready for birth in minutes. Emila screamed and fell onto the sands at what had become of her.

Now she understood how selfish her actions were. These vulnerable moments were frightening and she had no one to rely on but her husband. Azoh suffered the disturbing sight of his wife weakened and something odd becoming of his child. His options were limited to one in the face of immediate danger and he kept fighting in her stead. He won, but the claw marks, bites, and bruises pulled from him blood and weathered him down into lethargy.

In the distance of the hills and sands a very particular demon had been watching. A snoop and a woman creative enough to seek new ways of power Vesa was witness to Emila and Azoh’s falling.

Spoiler: Vesa 

The two Sanctum fighters were gathering themselves for the short journey ahead to Haman Outpost if only to make sure Emila could deliver the rushed child safely. Before Azoh could even get back on his feet to mount Emila on one of the wagons, an opportunistic sword stabbed through his back.

Emila suffered her wrist being broken for she had desperately fumbled for the Dragon Shards that had ruined her family. Wracked with contractions and lame, there was nowhere for her to run. Vesa’s cuts sliced across Emila’s shocked face until they ate at her throat and cut open her stomach. A baby girl with magic Vesa had never felt before was in the bloody mess she unearthed her from. A baby of silver hair and eyes already so angry made Vesa smile. The girl was named Ethela and she was the only one of her family to make it to the outpost alive.

Ethela didn’t grow up in the company of humans. The growing outpost was a home of rough skinned, violent natured and wary species of demons banded together to support themselves in this new world. There were a special few, a few odd families of Fairies who held positions of authority among the Warcast Demons. But they, and the very populace were only caught in glimpses in Ethela’s youth. Vesa had to groom Ethela to be her own, and Vesa wanted no other demon to be tempted on feeding off the Half-Fiend.

She called it home, adorned herself with decor and color but always dragged the child back to this dreary cave. It kept the sand away, and it kept any sense of ease away too. Ethela learned that home was not a place of comfort, it was a shelter and a reflection of how strange this world was. The blue hums of magic brought a certain heat different the sandy world outside. Ethela never knew why…

Vesa drained and drained this growing girl, storing the tiers of power in the very cave foundations. The succubus took so much that was precious from the Half-Fiend without the girl even being aware of it herself. Ethela was distracted by her inquisitiveness with Essence. The irony was too thick and beyond Ethela’s perception: drawn to study Essence while also being drained of it on a daily basis.

Vesa gave the girl what she wanted to keep her happy. Ethela wanted to study Essence and how to become an Infuser. Vesa’s socialite connections arranged this, dulling the girl’s awareness to the exhaustion and fog her mind would enter time to time as she grew up.

In her early adolescence Ethela was becoming more rowdy, harder for Vesa to control with such basic distractions. The girl was becoming restless and the impulses coming from her Half-Fiend nature were making her dangerous. Only filled with potential and not trained in any sort of combat, she proved to be a trouble for Vesa but her attitude in Haman did not go unnoticed. The Warcast didn’t want a girl like her to lack discipline if she was to stay in the outpost and they did not want to rid themselves of someone as potentially useful as she could have been.

A man of purple eyes and tanned light skin ethereal qualities stood before her so fearsomely. Korris To’ion, a leader of the Warset took personal interest in her disciplining. She was burned with heavy loads upon her back, made to sweat and practice her blade against his until the sun settled each day. Ethela followed because it distracted her from the boredom she felt away from her Essence studies and Vesa wouldn’t allow her to continue studying unless she follow what Korris wanted of her.

Vesa believed she was finding an easy way out in disciplining the girl, further believing she was going to have an unflinching pawn when the girl became a woman. Vesa wasn’t observant enough to notice that Ethela was learning too much out of her reach. Training among the Warset exposed the Half-Fiend to a myriad of women. Battling between her impulses, the effects the moon was having and her newly discovered sexuality Ethela’s early adolescence was draining.

Her behaviors led her from woman to woman in the Warset, somehow managing to keep it under Korris’ detection. While she still struggled to tame herself the week before the red moon, she had eventually earned his trust and he wanted to send her out for basic recon of the dunes as a test. Vesa doubted the girl would do anything to break the bond they shared and let her go.

It was the first time Ethela had been truly alone, always having either Korris, Vesa or her various Essence tutors over her shoulder. In the lonely sands Ethela was left to stray her thoughts and wonder what she would do as a woman.

In a game of social discourse, a snoopy Harpy intercepted her on her way back after a thoughtful journey across the dunes.

Spoiler: Katanka 

Katanka dropped before this girl with a rather curious string of details. Katanka was not discrete in her criticizing of Vesa and revealed she had at several times in Ethela’s young life tried to meet her but was blocked. Finally alone the Harpy told Ethela she had seen her parents briefly before the girl was born. Never having had much hope in learning about what had become of her human parents Ethela pressed but Katanka only knew the man, her father, had been related to a man name in Yore in Sanctum. Ethela was left to question why Vesa made it so difficult for Katanka to deliver such critical, yet minute amounts of information regarding her past.

Ethela’s walk back to Haman was a lot more reflective than she had cared for and the teenager wondered what she would do among the humans. She never grew with them, didn’t hold much respect for them, and had no empathy for their struggles on this world. Yet still, a small seed was planted and she did want to know who her biological family was…

Korris had a surprise guest come and visit the dunes as she had returned. His daughter had come from the Fairy enchantment to discover what happened among the demons under his command. While he and Ethela were sparring she happened to look up at a balcony where this newcomer stood. Ahava.

Spoiler: Ahava To’ion 

A bond was made instantly between the hardened Half-Fiend and the commander’s daughter. It played out as distant observation at first, but over months Ahava was able to get closer as she familiarized herself with Ethela’s training schedule. It was one night Ahava had snuck through the darkness into the barracks where she had seen Ethela making love to a Warset trainee that their relationship became intimate.

Ethela had spotted her through the window, watching. And Ethela knew that Korris’ daughter was of the persuasion she was. Korris still unawares sent Ethela out on mundane security tasks through the dunes, his daughter sneaking away to join Ethela. By the Half-Fiend’s early 20s Vesa had grown suspicious of Ethela’s eagerness to return to Korris and his harsh training. She pried deeper, followed her and realized Ethela had fallen in love with the commander’s daughter. Vesa saw threat and loss of control. Vesa needed her energetic food supply to ever be available to her and her alone.

During the week before the red moon, when Ethela was most susceptible to her own impulses, Vesa erotically revealed herself to the child she had raised since infancy. The succubus had never aged a day, keeping the peak of beauty she had when finding her food source. Confused yet entice, Ethela had a lack of willpower to keep herself away from her guardian and fell for the seduction.

It distanced her relationship with Ahava and Vesa’s plan worked for several years. But in one key way Vesa failed: she never acknowledged the seed that had grown from Katanka’s intervention years before. Vesa in the fleeting times she saw Ethela now asked of the woman’s dreams and ambitions. Here in the Haman Outpost she was repeating the same cycles and patterns, trying to curb a nature of herself and cage it.

This tugging at Ethela’s heartstrings pulled her away from Vesa’s influence enough to encourage the Half-Fiend to do something bold: runaway. She took Ahava and they fled the dunes, Ethela forcibly cutting down and taking resources from travelers along the way to keep the two of them well off in the weathers.

Following the clue, she had to go to Sanctum where the humans lived and it brought angst, irritation and unease in her. Before Sanctum Ethela saw a gigantic demon in combat with a person who reminded her much about herself. She wondered if he was a Half-Fiend too, if that was even possible for another to exist. She joined him in the fight against the monster and took several damaging blows until she helped slay the monster and collapsed into unconsciousness before this mysterious man...

Misc: Ethela is a bonafide and proud Lesbian.

Has 3,377 Essence.

Theme Song:

Availability: Once or twice a week to post at max.
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-01-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast