Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Experiment 101 [ clumsy_mage & KyoY8 ]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As Kyo stepped into the elevator he sighed and shook his head. "I wouldn't whore you out Eve, I may be a mad scientist but I'm not that bad." He told her holding his thumb over the fingerprint scan button. He looked at her with a raised brow. "You're just teasing me now." He stated as they began their rounds.

Richard chuckled and walked over to the door and pressed the buzzer.
    "Sure, sure." He gave her a nudge.

Kyo got the buzz from downstairs, knowing that he wasn't expecting anyone. "Eve, wait in my main office on the top floor, I'll see who is at the door." He told her, taking the stairs down to ground level. He walked to the door and pressed the intercom. "Yes?" Kyo asked politely, making a point not to open the door.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    my favorite is fantasy but i can work with almost anything
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Eve gave kyo a nod and went to the main office and starting getting everything ready for win kyo arived.

Speaking in a serious voice "sir we are Richard choi and samantha Ming we are hear to talk to mister kyo"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kyo looked at the two a little curiously.
    "You didn't call to make an appointment?" He asked them,he knew they didn't make the appointment. He was his own secretary.
    Richard stepped forward. "We're here to investigate some power consumption issues." He told Kyo flashing his badge.

Kyo gave a sigh and rolled his eyes, opening the door. He suppressed the urge to call them idiots.
    "Okay, a high draw on the power during the day I assume?" He asked them, leading them to the front desk. He gave them both a piece of paper to sign and a guest book. "The papers are confidentiality agreements. Some of the students that work here take their research very seriously." He gave them a wry smile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sam looked at the paper "sir if any of your students are working on something that is illegal we will have to report them are you aware of this right" she had to make sure that he knew before signing the paper.

Eve was sitting in kyos office chair waiting for him tinkering with a broken serkitbord.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kyo smiled after they had signed the papers. "Of course, if any of the students usin this place were involved in illegal activities, I'd be filing a report myself." He assured them. "It's just so that you can reproduce any of the notes or stuff that they have." He added, walking them to the elevator. "I think, I can put your minds at ease. The hot summer has been causing our supercomputer and server space to heat up quite a bit." He explained allowing the elevator to stop at the maintenance floor. As soon as the doors opened the rush of cold air hit them. "I've had to install several more air conditioning systems." Kyo explained. It wasn't a lie per se. "Believe me, I don't know which costs more, the electricity bills or what would happen if these things overheated." He chuckled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sam looked a little suspicious as they followed kyo "so what are some of the experiments you and your students are working on and we will be needing a list of every person that works on the premises" Sam was trying to ignore how nice the cool air was in the building and hoping Richard would start being his nosy self and start snooping soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kyo lead them around the servers and thick computers. "Well, I'm in a bit of a transition of research, I need to get enough money to make a better one of these places." He explained. "I'll be able to save during the winter when these things don't need to be cooled down as much." Kyo added bringing them down through one of the labs. "The students on this floor are working on their doctorates." He stopped at one of them running an analysis on a certain material. Using a laser on it. "Try using the argon laser." Kyo told him. "He's working on mining for materials in space." Kyo explained.

Richard looked around with a sigh, seeming as if taking a disinterest. "So, you have these floors What are you planning on researching when you have the money and funding?" Richard asked, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"Hopefully gene therapy. I could even get some space to have a production line for some pharmaceutical drugs." Kyo shrugged.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sam looked at Richard and gave him a look that sad you were right.fallowing kyo and seeing the research "and you run all this yourself or do you have help like an assistant or trusted student"

By this time eve had finished fixing the serkitbord and was playing a card game on the computer wondering win the hell kyo would be back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kyo shrugged "I have an assistant, she's managing things while I'm here talking to you guys." He explained choosing not to say more.

Richard was about to touch one of the experiments but Kyo gripped his hand. "Please don't touch the experiments, it could cause all sorts of problems and could set these students back a few years. Keep your hands in your pockets if you must." Kyo firmly told him.
    "So the air conditioning is the only thing causing to draw the power?" Richard asked, looking around and stuffing his hands into his pockets.
    "Well that and recently there has been an influx of students using the super computer during the summer." Kyo added to the list. He had prepared for this eventuality, and had a laundry list of answers prepared.
    "So it's just all science research that goes on here?" Richard asked.
    Kyo led them through the other floors nodding. "Yeah, it's the main focus of the building, it keeps the rent paid."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Taking one last look around Sam turns to kyo "ok I don't see anything hear that is illegal or out of the ordinary but I would still like a list of everyone that works in the building for back ground checks" she was not happy she was so sure there was something going on looking at Richard "you got anything to ask before we leave"she asked.

Eve was starting to worry she had everything ready for kyo to work and was out of things to do so she was pacing the office hoping he was ok eve hated win she didn't know what was going on

Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast