Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: (M)The Black Star Privateers: Blood and Blasters

That one Reaper Guy
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Holy shit, Enigma went fucking Tables and Graphs on our asses.
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

They have wings... but they live... underground?? That seems to be a poor evolutionary choice xD

Also Vasha will be quite frustrated when she can't peek into her mind lol.
    Last edited by Splat; 05-26-2017 at 11:02 AM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Not evolution, genetic engineering. And Valkyria's gravity is 0.95 Standard, which means they're flightless on their adopted world.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Sci-Fi, Westerns, Crime, Thrillers
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm going to officially go for ship's cook, with a sheet being up tomorrow.

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Anything that lets me smash stuff.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Frederic Carcano

Gender(m/f): Male

Appearance:

Spoiler: Carcano 

Carcano doesn’t enjoy showing his face to people, not out of shyness or a vague paranoia, he just wants to be private. At 5’11” with sunbaked skin and dark brown buzzcut hair, Carcano has a soldier’s physique, muscles of a steel cord quality, broad shoulders, and dark green eyes. Beard and mustache, trimmed short, and a tattoo of a rosary on the nape of his neck. Scars from knife, bullet, and claw wounds pock his body in many places.

Race: Human

Job: Gunner - Commander

Racial Skills and Abilities:

Anonymity - Carcano looks no different from any other brutish heavily scarred human thug in the universe, and goodness knows how common they are. He can blend in with a crowd pretty easily.

Sturdy constitution - The human genepool is an incredible thing, having been through the worst the galaxy could throw at it. Carcano can survive in many hostile environments, be hot or cold, dry or murky.

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5):

Death Trooper - Make no mistake, Carcano is a ruthless killer. His career with his home planet’s fierce law enforcers gave him the skills and moral blind spots he needs to see his mission through. No soul too innocent. No mission too dangerous.

Breach and Clear! - Close Quarters Battle is where he thrives. Carbines, machine guns, shotguns and knives are his bread and butter. If something in the next room needs to die, than he can make it die.

Interrogator - Your average torturer gets their hands dirty getting the answers they needs out of a suspect. Carcano doesn't need to. The occasional subtle threat, outright lies, sheer force of character, those are his tools in the interrogation room.

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons):

The DEW-7 Dynamo MR - A weapon once ubiquitous to Lancaar's military forces, now something of an obscure novelty. A bulky semi-automatic plasma charge rifle, it is the go-to gun for those who favor stopping power over finesse. Each 12mm plasma charged slug can knock back most human sized targets and blast the hinges off any door and keeps its punch at an effective range of three hundred yards.

25mm Grenade launcher - A revolver type grenade rifle with an effect range of 500 yards. It can load a wide variety of shells and grenades, though Carcano is more on the miserly side and prefers to only use it in absolute necessity. Often times, he loads it with 25mm flechette shells.

Stuttergun - A gift from his girlfriend and quite possibly his only item of sentimental value. A compact, boxy machine pistol chambered for 9mm. What makes this gun remarkable is its high rate of fire, an impressive 1200 rpm at a woeful range of fifty yards. He loads it with heavy-spring loaded straight edge magazines, each filled with 75 high velocity rounds.

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):

Spoiler: Lancaar Mk17 Tactical Enforcer "Visorhound" Exo-Armor 

Lancaar is a large planet with a surface comprised mostly of valleys of toxic wastes and islands of junk and rust. What is considered livable for humans are gargantuan hive like city-states that are countless stories high and blocks wide. For its soldiers to survive this inhospitable hellscape, the planetary government equips its soldiers with the "Visorhound" Exo-Armor. A environmentally sealed exoskeleton with joint servos and pistons that enhance the strength of the user by double, this serves Carcano well as the suit helps accommodate the recoil of his guns. The armor on the suit are sections of carbon ballistic polymer plates inlaid with laminated alloyed steel, the the ballistic polymer resists most small arms fire while the laminated alloy aides in resisting energy blasts that would normally melt through the polymer. The alloy can take a fair share of punishment, able to eat a full magazine from a plasma rifle before giving out.

The helmet comes with a gas filter and a special dual lens visor that serves as a HUD that provides information on the fly, boosting Carcano's tactical awareness. Two stickers of pink cartoon cats adorn the side of his helmet, he never comments on them but he will break fingers if anyone touches them.

What Carcano does not like to admit is that the Mk.17 Visorhound Exo-Armor is obsolete by twenty years. The latest model, The Mk.21 "Scope Dog", lies well within the hands of Lancaar's new regime. Thankfully, parts for the Visorhound's internal workings are reliably common.

Augs(Limit of 3): None

Personality: One of the more unscrupulous members of the Black Star Privateers, Carcano doesn’t really consider the people he works with as people, more like assets that aid in his survival and income. Not to say he’s unsociable, he’s a gentleman through and through, but the Black Star Privateers are not his cup of tea. Still, his loyalty has been bought by the captain and is squarely her’s regardless of any higher bid that is offered. And his is a loyalty well purchased, Carcano is a consummate professional who follows the spirit and letter of his contract who won't let anything get in the way of that. He will treat his crewmates with as much respect as he would his family and lover, but not with the same intimacy.

Likes: Military protocol and tradition, his sister Ronka and her family, his lover Lucerne, fellow professionals.

Dislikes: Alcohol, narcotics, poor hygiene, people, grease stains.

Background: Death Trooper. Most folks would regard those two words put together with disdain. For Carcano, it's a trigger for a bout of nostalgic. For twenty years of his life, Carcano served with his home planet of Lancaar’s infamous Enforcer Legion, the brutal lawmen of the corrupt planetary government. Born to a ranking Legion officer and his concubine, Carcano was raised on the Creed of the Enforcers: Obedience, Ferocity, Duty.

His was a harsh childhood, but one fondly remembered. He was a bastard born son, but one loved by a man who wanted the best for his child. When Carcano was old enough, he enlisted and his ambitions lead him to a career path marked with distinction. He was a Death Trooper of planet Lancaar, and the stars as his witness did he love his job.

But like all good things, his career on Lancaar did not last forever. In an instant, the whole world declared war on itself, a revolution rose up to oppose the Enforcer Legion and the government it protected. The war was long and bloody, but Carcano fought hard. Right or wrong, corrupt or not, the Lancaar he knew was home, and damned if he let it fall. But Lancaar did fall, and he was damned. He was among thousands who fled the vindictive new world order, a refugee of ironic circumstances.

He wandered until he and his family landed on the colony of Carin. He made a bit of a name for himself as competent security consultant and a hitman, but he needed more than a cheap contract to keep his family afloat. One night, after a long day of hunting for contracts, Carcano came home to his nieces playing with what looked like an old data pad. He asked for the device and played its recording. The morning after, he readied his kit and ventured for the headquarters of the Black Star Privateers.

Other:
    Spoiler: A night with the Carcanos... 
    Last edited by IronQuill; 06-03-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    Hilariously derailing one-liner

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

General: Boy howdy I forgot how quickly things can go all poof when I get busy. I don't normally mind some of the players, especially ones that have RPed with me in the past helping out new players. As long as it doesn't get out of hand. All wells at the end of this session so keep it frosty all.

Vulpes: Yes, we are still open.

Alanoth: Most of what the others said is true mate, more details are always good. I have a couple things for you to look at.

1: When I can guess what a character's skills mean and how the player will use them on my own I don't bother asking for more details. But you will need to explain your boy's skills a little more because they are very wide and a little vague now. But like I did with Angel's girl, the human racial skills of Adaptation and Blending in aren't mandatory for all Borgs. Some Borgs who aren't visibly cybernetic can still blend in and adapt, but once it's known they are Cyborgs those chances drop. Also your guy will need some kind of combat skills. Maybe combat is part of one of the other skills training? Also exceptional skills he was born with could be put under Racial skills and abilities, but you don't have to fill them in if you don't want to.

2: You are missing a key thing at the bottom of your sheet Alan.

Voldaren: The list is up to date, so you can lay claim to any open spot for a week.

Enigma: Damn it Enigma, I was excited at the prospect of a Dapper Badger in my RP.

For the most part your girl is good, but I would like to see the fight you hinted at in the other section, I can see you are good at dialogue, but I'd also like to see how good your chops are at long narration, plus I wanna see how a bird girl kicks three guard's asses. xD

Ninja: I like him and I look forward to seeing him finished.

Zan: The Cook spot is yours.

Alright mates, once the reserves for Mechanic, Engineer, Navigator and Cook are done we will go to IC. In the mean time I'll sniff around for some NPCs to fill in a couple of open spots.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-27-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Spoiler: Clive "Rooster" Chance 
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 07-04-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Here's a random question; is player romance a thing in this RP? Not saying it's gonna happen, I'm just curious lol.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yes, it is Splat, it's something I usually encouraging in my RPs cause it adds to the fun and drama. As long as no rules are broken and no one makes a big soapbox out of it in either OOC or IC.

I just don't make it a focus unless I'm doing some Slice of Life, or high school thing.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Splat just wants to fall in love with me.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast