Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: (M)The Black Star Privateers: Blood and Blasters

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Y'know what? Screw it.

Spoiler: (Australian accent) This here team needs a snipah. 
    Last edited by Splat; 06-13-2017 at 06:07 PM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Good post Zan.

Koti: Scout spot reserved

Splat: Kooky char so far, looking forward to seeing her completed.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Name: Self gravitational replica beta 48, or Sgrb48
    Race: Eyebot
    Job: Scout

Appearance:
    Spoiler: SGRB48 

Racial Abilities(Limit of 4)

Electromagnetic polarity field- Built for momentary shield. This field allows SGRB48 to generate a polarity field to draw in several different types of metals and minerals. This is caused by creating a field that forms personal polarity field around its body, similar to a gravity field, though it can only gather materials similar or smaller in mass.

Metal disassembly array- Built for a temporary repair tool. The array allows SGRB48 to scan and break down metal objects to give it a bandage solution for damage to its shell, patching holes and cracks on its surface.

Progressive field View- As it was designed as a scout, there are sensors built onto each panel of the side, allowing it a 360 degree field of view that is 3.2 times farther than most known scope ranges, along with a built in organic and lifeform functions in the scan. The PFV was also designed to store the scans within its ram for five seconds between scans before dumping the visuals for a fresh field scan.

Holographic Reconstitution Field- Designed for scouting, this device allows SGRB48 to recreate the surrounding terrain as a holographic map or an image to overlay on itself. The field is also built to move with it and accurately display it's environment to act as cloaking.

Normal skills or attributes.

350 degree targeting- SGRB48’s turrets are built on a swivel, allowing it to aim and target opponents, though the turrets lack the ability to straight out from the body to hit opponents on the side it it.

Intuitive Neural Translation- A feature designed for cataloging new languages and nuances in dialect for better understanding and scouting local terrain. INT works by registering vocal patterns and micro facial movements to learn new languages. It can only store up to twenty languages at a time.

Gyrograv repulsion- Using it's internal prototype core, SGRB48 can counter the gravitational pull nearby to travel, getting up to 60 mph. Due to the field though, it is hard for it to stop or speed up quickly, making fast get always hard to do.

Omni pic- A component placed at the base of the robot, this allows it to pick and open basic locks, whether physical or electronic. This device takes on the form of a simple key with a wireless signal to allow it to access online wireless nodes..

Weapons.

Small caliber twin turrets- Found on both sides of its body, the turrets are located on swivel points that allow them to spin and target anything within its rather small range, only able to fire at 200 yards effectively. Instead of regular rounds, the turrets use thin needles to shoot, meaning that it aims for vital points to incapacitate the targets.

Tri-lazer- A secondary component that rests in between the turrets, this laser can be used for more effective close range fighting, coming with three options of fighting.
    1: Stun laser.
    2: Pierce laser.
    3: Fire laser.

BEMP- A last resort, BEMP (BIOELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE) is a complete dump of the energy stored inside SGRB48. The stored energy is released in a cone from the laser ports on its turrets, allowing for some directionality that can reach outwards of 50 yards. The pulse can cause numbness and loss of balance in organic targets, while frying electronics. The BEMP can only be triggered by pressing a switch on the back of the bot, and leaves SGRB48 unable to function for two hours after the energy is dumped.

Armor- nanocarbon fiber with a two centimetre layer of Titanium make up its shell, with a Kevlar mesh for the exposed areas.

Augs- None.

Personality: Highly curious and blissfully cheerful, the droid has a very strange reaction to the world. The bot was designed to gather and collect data, so it has no qualms about the right and wrong actions of others as long as it brings about new information to it. Even so, the bot was built with protocols to serve and bring no harm to those registered as allies or friends. Some have reported the bots nature to be childish and naïve, get quick to learn and grow.

Dislikes: Cramped areas, heavy winds, water.

Background: Built by the BSP’s last known chief planet, SGRB48 was created on an unknown and still in process planet. Alongside its brothers and sisters, the bot was designed to help build and protect the planet from those trying to peer at the planet without authorization. Unlike it's others, SGRB48 was the first built that could run without the need to be connected to the planet, making it the first of its kind, yet also a high commodity.

It was only a week after its creation that rival scientists came after the small droid, going so far as to hire rebel mercs to try and capture it. Fearing for the life of the technology and her own planet, she chose to send the bot away, going so far as to send it to the only known protection that she could think of, the captain of the black Star privateers.

Other:
    Spoiler: An Evening Practice 
    Spoiler: An Evening Practice 
    Last edited by Koti~; 06-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Very nice Koti, only things I see wrong are some inconsistencies in the sheet where it seems you forgot or mixed up words like Chief Planet instead of mechanic and when describing the guns on the side.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Name: Lily Cruise
    Spoiler: Appearance 

Race: Cyborg
    Job: Asst. Mechanic

Racial Skills and Abilities (limit of 4):
    - Sync-in nerve-impulse connectors.
    - Cognitive adaptions including memory enhancers.

Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5):
    - She is a mechanic. What do you want? She deals in hardware. Boo!
    - She can handle a blaster (copyrighted) small arms like pistols and rifles of all kinds (meaning solid, laser, and plasma).
    - Excellent at melee combat, particularly at arm wrestling, though there are some accusations of cheating when she plays against fleshies. Something about having robotic limbs.
    - Exceptionally lithe and agile.

Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons): N/A

Armor(one sensible suit of armor):
    Spoiler: T17-B Modified Environmental Suit 

Augs(Limit of 3):
    N/A

Personality: Lily is listed as 29 years old, but she is good at 'system maintenance', so... whatever her age is, she acts like she is ten when she is not twenty-one. Notoriously clumsy for an mechanic, there is a good reason why she is only the assistant and not the head mechanic. Lily doesn't care much for profit in what she does; she cares more about having fun. Beneath it all though, she seems a bit... sad. Sad with a streak of mischievous.

Dislikes: Work... ugh.

Background:
    Who Lily was is a mystery, perhaps even to her. Whether or not she knows and simply won't tell when asked or just plain doesn't know is unknown. Whatever past she had, either it was incredibly free-wheeling or very boring because she has a very free-wheeling, no-work style of living. Still, there had to be some kind of education somewhere in there. She is, as clumsy as she is, a mechanic after all. Perhaps she was taught by someone who cared for her or perhaps she had taught herself so that she could fix things that were broken. Either way, she is amazing at what she does when she does it.

More perplexing is her transformation from a squishy human to a cyborg. The extent of her augmentation, which encompasses much of her body, is staggering not only because of its magnitude and expense, but also because of its workmanship. What she is is a work of beauty as much as her organic parts are.

Regardless, it was neither her beauty nor her easy-going personality that got her a place on the Black Star. What got her there was her ability to fix things fast and correctly... most of the time. Whether it was by teaching or programming, Lily is capable of making miracles happen with the tools given to her, provided the motivation to do so. That is how she ended up with the crew five years ago, ever passed over for promotion due to her clumsiness, happily toiling away in the control roomby day and snoozing by night. Life is good.

Other: Super-secret mod stuff:
    Lily frowned as she crouched next to the console screen. She had remotely accessed the malfunctioning panel. The troublesome thing wasn't letting the door to the mess hall close. Given the circumstances, those being that the backup of the work-log had caused this problem to persist for over a month, the cook was heard to threaten that he would not feed the engineers until they fixed it. Small chance of that. Lily would cause his ovens to shut down from the maintenance console if he did that. She valued her four squares a day like most of the crew valued their share of the loot.

Poking around the console, she grunted in disgust. One of the most most-traveled parts of the ship, the mess hall door saw a lot of use and abuse. Some of the pathways had become fused from overheating, something that shouldn't occur with such low-power outlets. In fact, it wouldn't occur if people didn't keep opening and closing the door constantly. Even now, people wandered by, in and out of the door. Some were heard by the audio-sensors to mumble about the maintenance crews, which were made of both engineers and mechanics. None of it was particularly flattering.

Finally, Lily located the problem after rerouting some sub-protocols: Somebody had put in what looked like the twisted remains of a fork to supplement for a wire or perhaps just because they were bored. The energy-flow sensors were picking it up. She sent an electronic pulse that should have blasted it from its place. It did but she noted that one of the pointy-things on the fork was missing. The door slammed shut a moment later. "Eureka!" she said, waving her hands in the air in triumph.

Moments later, the console started making the buzzing sound it did when people wanted it to open. It didn't. Sudden alarms around the panel started turning red and Lily only managed to get the cover to lock down a moment before it blew. Sensor soon picked up smoke around it, the cover now definitely fused to the box. Looking over at the sealed door on the viewing camera, she said, "Uh oh..."
    Last edited by Imperial1917; 06-28-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha is this the same Ellie as before?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

What? No! Certainly not! ~shifty eyes~

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha good cause that Ellie I wrote out having gotten married and planned to have a bunch of kids.

Could you make this Ellie the Asst. Mechanic and change her build to that?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SikstaSlathalin View Post
    Could you make this Ellie the Asst. Mechanic and change her build to that?
    I feel like we had this exact conversation in the other thread. And just like there, I swapped out 'engineer' for 'mechanic'.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Heh we might've, but seriously is this the same Ellie as before? If it is you'll need to edit her history a bit.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast