Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] Phobophobia [Midoripickle | Alter Ego]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    romance, fantasy, horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Phobophobia [Midoripickle | Alter Ego]

This RP is rated M for possible adult content, including (but not limited to) mention/use of drugs, adult love, gore, language, etc. Read at your own caution.

OOC

Heels clicked further down the hallway, the tap, tap, tap reverberating off of the stone walls. A woman's, no doubt, with thin and pointy heels that fit devastatingly beautifully on the long slender legs of the woman who wore and owned those shoes. Each step had determination in it and reeked of power, the kind of power that no one dared stand up to.

It was that kind of power that made Hoover scramble away from the mirror, his hair not as disheveled as he would have liked it to have been. Hoover stood in the center of the dark, dank, small "room" he was given upon arrival to Phobos Academy, the most renown phobia-curing academy in all of the United States, if not the world. His hands clenched into white-knuckled fists, his entire body stiffened as the tapping of the Headmistress's shoes approached Hoover's room.

Occasionally she would stop at one of the other rooms, opening up the one-sided door and instructing the students inside to follow the security up to the top floor. Hoover wasn't sure if he wanted to be one of those other kids or not; they would get out of their rooms and get to see sunlight for the first time in--god, who knew how long?--but at the same time, who ever knew what Headmistress had in store for her students? Some were lucky, and got to live a normal school life on the highest floor of the building, receiving the best treatment that enabled their release in just a few months. A few, however, like Hoover, were subjected to a different kind of treatment, one that was much more crude and left Hoover waking up in cold sweat nearly every night.

Hoover didn't get much of a choice. Headmistress paused outside of his cell, staring at Hoover with icy gray eyes.

"Tumble, Hoover," she said, her voice as cold as Hoover's room. His spine straightened more than he thought possible. "Out. Follow the guards, keep your head down, and sit at the table."

The boy said nothing as the heavy door swung open with a groan. Headmistress had already continued her walk down her runway, leaving the two bulky guards behind at either side of Hoover's room. He avoided their gazes and kept his mouth shut as he followed the younger girl in front of him.

His heart raced as his mind ran with the possibilities of what would be about to unfold as soon as he finished going up those stairs. Would he be subjected to more embarrassment, placed on that terrible stage with a bright spotlight on nothing but him, laid bare in front of all the other students of Phobos for their sheer amusement? His hands went clammy at the thought of it, and he found himself frantically glancing around at the passing students' faces in fear that they were watching him, judging him, waiting to jeer at him.

Sooner than he realized, he had reached the main hall of the upper floor of Phobos Academy, the nicest floor of them all. Polished marble columns lined either side of a luscious red velvet carpet, which laid atop a black and white checkered tiled floor. On the walls were large pictures of Headmistress with children whom she had "cured" of their worst fears. Hoover wondered if he would ever be up there, too, with the same lethargic eyes and forced smile that the graduates wore.

Without much more time to gaze, the guards ushered Hoover and the remaining students into the mess hall, where eight long elegant tables of mahogany stretched horizontally in rows of two. A dark blue stretch of fabric rolled from one end of the table to the other, and in front of each seat was a neatly folded piece of blank paper with a printed name on it. Hoover was guided into a chair with a high back, which he slid in to before scooting closer to the table. His name was typed on the paper in front of him, but he couldn't read the name the empty seat to his right belonged to. To the best of his ability, he kept his gaze along the ground, not daring to look above the rims of his thick glasses. Quiet muttering was exchanged between the students. Hoover joined in on it so as not to look like the odd one out.

A few minutes passed until the hall fell so silent that the faint buzzing of a fly could be heard. A loud smack sounded, and the buzzing halted. The Headmistress stood up on the wide stage at her podium, her ruby red lips peeled back to reveal blinding white teeth. She gazed around the room, her eyes not meeting her smile. The tension in the air was so thick with fear that Hoover could have cut it with a knife.

"Students," she said, the microphone picking up her voice. "Today, we welcome new arrivals. You are all aware of the rules that you repeat day in and day out. I don't think I need to warn you about the consequences that may follow should you fail to obey any and all of them." Headmistress's steely eyes glowered at a girl near the front of the stage with dark skin and a brown bob. From Hoover's table, he could see the girl's lower lip tremble. Headmistress appeared as though she was suppressing a smirk and continued on. "Those of you without roommates, you will once again have one."

Headmistress droned on about the rules and expectations, the same shpeal that had been given only a few months prior. Hoover's mind drifted to the thought of having a new roommate. His previous one had eerily left out of nowhere nearly a month ago. When Hoover had returned from his therapy, all of his roommate's belongings were gone. Even the bed had been stripped of its previous sheets.

Each night was horror-filled and lonely for Hoover. He couldn't stand being alone, couldn't stand having no one to talk to, couldn't stand being in the cold dark with no one to comfort him. Though Hoover usually wasn't one to get a good night's sleep, that past month had been particularly bad for him. He found he could only sleep in short intervals before getting up and pacing, murmuring to himself and running his fingers through his hair and wishing he was anywhere but here.

"...Without further ado--" Headmistress's new trail of thought snapped Hoover out of his reverie, "--please welcome your new classmates to Phobos Academy."

The double doors on the far right of the room opened, and sloppy lines of new faces slowly made their way in. Security guards asked the students for their names before sending them to their corresponding seats. One boy in particular, who was rather tall and had dark, sloppy hair, was directed to the seat next to Hoover. Hoover felt his ears go pink. He gripped the sides of his chair, digging his nails into the polished wood. His breathing grew shallow. Hoover didn't know what was worse, the thought of this boy being someone who could tease Hoover or the thought of him being broken like nearly everyone else in the room.

When everyone was seated, Headmistress cleared her throat and began to speak once more. Servers in neat white tuxedos paraded out, each carrying a large tray and setting it on top of the tables. Hoover's eyes bugged out as he saw the food. Actual food. It took every ounce of his willpower not to rip the top of the tray off and dig in.

"Children, if someone new is seated next to you--congratulations! you now have a new roommate. Prepare to be spending quite a bit of time with them, as you will be showing them the ropes of Phobos and teaching them our ways." Again, she flashed that lupine smile. "Please, enjoy your dinners. Cherish each bite. Seldom do we get to dine like this."

The cruel irony of her words bit worse than anything.

But Hoover didn't have to wait much longer. The waiters removed the tops, revealing plates full of giant turkeys, mountains of mashed potatoes with butter and gravy, freshly baked bread, soups, and all kinds of foods Hoover hadn't tasted in months. He greedily put a heaping amount of everything into his plate and bowl, taking advantage of the offer. Before he ate, though, he turned to his new roommate, glancing around and thinking about how he might approach this boy.

"H-hi!" Hoover began, forcing an awkward smile. "I'm Hoover, and I guess I'm y-your new roommate..." He rubbed the back of his head, more in reassurance that he wasn't making a fool of himself. Each pound of his heart fueled the adrenaline of fear coursing through his veins.

Please, he begged silently. For the love of god, don't be like her.

"U-um, you should really eat as much as you can and savor each bite..." Hoover's eyes flicked to his left, at the end of the table, where he saw a guard with crystal blue eyes narrow his gaze at Hoover. The boy swallowed. "Like Headmistress said, we don't get to eat like this often..."

Ever, we don't get to eat like this ever! he wanted to say, to warn the fresh meat that had been plopped down in the middle of Hell.
    Last edited by Alter Ego; 05-18-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Spoiler: Run While You Can... 

Spoiler: RPs I'm Currently In 

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The past few months had been a living hell. Therapist after therapist, doctor after doctor and nothing was helping. The pills only made his condition worse and he was beginning to doubt he would ever be cured. And after failing 11th grade twice, Demetri was finally expelled from his highschool. His phobia had officially made it impossible for him to study at a normal school and his father began to looking into special schools that would take someone with his illness. There weren't many. He'd become a danger to the other students, but then, they couldn't help but try to tease Demetri into acting out. The final straw was when some arrogant jocks cornered him in the locker rooms. He still couldn't recall the entire incident, but when everything was said and done, he'd sent of the boys to the hospital with a serious concussion.

Finally it seemed they had found a reprieve. The Institute of Paranoia. Not only were they one of the best institutes in the world for curing phobias, but they also offered classes to some of the more severe cases, so that they might learn in a safe and healing environment. It seemed too good to be true. Even more so when Demetri had been accepted into the institute's special school.

But then there he was. At first he attended therapy sessions where he could be evaluated, until It was deemed that his case was rare and quite severe. It was then that they decided he would be a good candidate for their special facility, where he could take classes while going through treatments. Demetri had his doubts that he would ever be cured, but if there was a chance for him, it would be this. Or so he hoped…

After spending a few weeks getting acclimated, spending time alone in his own room, he was going to be taken to Phobos Academy, where he would stay for the rest of his treatment. It hurt him a little that his father hadn't come to see him off, but then after everything he'd put his father through these past few years, he could understand. He only hoped they would allow him to stay in his own room for a while longer before he had to share a space with other students.

As he entered the academy with the other new arrivals, Demetri was floored. His father could actually afford this place? It was beginning to feel more and more like a dream as they were lead through the entrance into the mess hall where they would have dinner and meet the other students. Though as he gazed up at the portraits, into the past students' eyes, he couldn't help get an eerie feeling. Demetri didn't have time to dwell on it however, as he was instructed to find his seat at the table. So many kids… Demetri was suddenly feeling anxious being around so many people. And he would have to sit side by side with someone. His steps became more hesitant until he finally spotted the card with his name. He tried to sit with his chair as far away from either side as he could, his arms tucked in close to his body while he kept his eyes on the empty plate in front of him.

However, once the Headmistress announced that the boy sitting next to him would be his new roommate, he suddenly went cold all over. Demetri stole at glance at the boy, who seemed normal enough, good looking even. But why did he have to share a room? He supposed it was the only way he was going to improve, but so soon? As all the students began reaching out for food to fill their plates, Demetri jerked back, watching in terror as hands and arms stretched out around him. He anxiously played with the hem of his shirt, refusing to grab anything until they stopped. It was then that he heard a voice beside him and Demetri looked to him suddenly.

He said his name was Hoover, and while he seemed nice enough, he hoped he wasn't pushy and would respect his boundaries. "Hi… Oh, I'm Demetri." He introduced himself quietly, offering him something as close to a smile as he could muster. He didn't smile much these days. "I uh-… I will in a minute." He muttered, swallowing as he looked back to the other kids who were still filling their plates. They acted like a pack of ravenous wolves, but then…. what kids didn't when it came to food like this? Once things had quieted down around him, he warily reached out a hand, starting to scoop some food onto his plate with a spoon. "Have you been here long…?" He asked then, trying to make a little bit of conversation. It would probably be best to be on good terms with Hoover since they would be living together from now on. Demetri wondered what kind of guy he was...

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

romance, fantasy, horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hoover watched Demetri with interest--a sort of sick curiosity as he tried to figure out what his new roommate's phobia was. It was easier said than done, for the young man could have had a phobia of anything. Hoover swallowed and looked away from Demetri, his ears burning. His roommate was cute, at the very least, but Hoover reminded himself that it was rude to stare at the new arrival like an insect to be studied--even if that was what Demetri very well might have been.

He respected Demetri's want to grab food last. Hoover found it odd, but said nothing; after all, most of the kids in Phobos were odd in some way or another. Hoover listened with interest while at the same time savoring each bite of food as though it were his last. He heard Demetri speak up and ask Hoover how long he had been there for. Before he spoke, he finished chewing and swallowing.

"Um, about a year, I think. I came here around the same time as you did." Hoover glanced at the guards, who were surveying the mess hall as though they were prison guards. "It's, uh..." He felt his hands go clammy at the thought of the past year he had spent here. Brief flashes of images shot before his eyes, pictures of his time here like nightmares that he couldn't escape from. His breathing grew shallow. Pinching the back of his palm, Hoover forced himself to take deep breaths and calm himself down before continuing on. One of the few good things he had learned from this god-awful place was how to control his anxiety. Hoover met Demetri's eyes. "I would rather be home," was all he said before looking away.

He shoveled more food into his mouth, hoping none of the guards had overheard him. When his plate was empty and his belly full, Hoover leaned back in his chair, relishing in the filling meal. Hoover did his best to keep the uneasy thoughts recurring in the back of his mind at bay, wanting to enjoy the moment of calm before its certain end.

"S-So Demetri," Hoover started, looking again at his new roommate. "Was Phobos your last resort? For most people here, it usually is, but there are a few here who got sent here before trying any other type of treatment."

A bell sounded off in the distance, signifying that dinner was going to end soon.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Demetri listened carefully, curious to hear what the other thought of this place. A year was a decent amount of time to have good judgment of the place, he thought. However, as the other boy paused, he started to feel a little anxious. He noticed the quickness in his breaths, wondering if he was going to be okay. He thought maybe it just had something to do with his illness, so he was patient with him. Demetri stared at him for a long moment after he finally answered. Of course who wouldn't rather be home, especially after the length of time Hoover had been there. At least, that's what he told himself… But still, something about Hoover's response to his question made him feel uneasy.

No, he was just anxious about the change, and sharing a room with another guy, that was all. Demetri looked away then, going back to eating his meal. Once he was finished, he pushed his plate away before looking to Hoover. "Uh, yeah, pretty much…." He said with a soft sigh. "They said I was too sick to go to public school anymore but no other schools would take me. Except for this one…" He explained. "I still have my doubts that it will do me any good but… Well, might as well give it a chance. I don't exactly have a choice." He said, giving the other boy a weak smile. He wondered what phobia Hoover suffered from, but he figured it wouldn't be polite to just ask about something like that. If Hoover wanted him to know, he would tell him.

As the bell sounded, Demetri looked up suddenly. "What's that?" He asked, taking a moment to look around at the other students. So many solemn, timid faces. Well, at least it seemed that there wouldn't be many who would go out of their way to mess with him. Or so he hoped.

romance, fantasy, horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I'm sorry to hear that," Hoover replied when Demetri finished explaining how he had gotten to Phobos. "Hopefully they'll be able to help you, though," he said, and genuinely meant it. "Some people get out sooner than others, so maybe you'll be one of those lucky few that leave before everyone else!"

He smiled before glancing over at the wall clock hanging above the door through which they had entered. Dinner was just about over.

"Ah, th-that bell just tells us that we need to wrap up eating," Hoover explained, pushing his plate in front of him and setting his fork and knife back on the plate. As if on cue, Headmistress walked back on to the stage, flashing her grin once more.

"Well, students, I regret to say that dinner is now over. Please do not take any of the food with you, as it will result in a minor punishment for you. Follow the guards and head back to your rooms, new arrivals being sure to stay next to their new roommates at all times." She glanced around the room once more, a cruel gleam in her eye. "They will be your new best friend."

Guards stood at both ends of the eight tables, all of the students standing up and filing out of the mess hall in a neat, single-file line--exactly the way they had entered. Hoover went to gently nudge Demetri with his shoulder.

"Come on, we gotta move before we get in trouble..." he whispered, his eyes flicking to the guard in front of them whose brow had furrowed with displeasure. Because Demetri was in front of Hoover, the few remaining students behind them were unable to move. Hoover looked at Demetri with pleading eyes.

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Oh, I see…" He muttered quietly, then looked to the stage a few moments later to listen to the Headmistress's announcement. He supposed it was fair not to have students bringing back food to their rooms, but still the way that she spoke of punishments sent a small chill down his spine. Of course Demetri already had an intense distrust of women, but he could tell there was something he really didn't like about this one. And maybe it wasn't just his imagination since Hoover seemed a little wary of her as well.

Demetri then looked about him as the other students started to stand and file out of the hall in very neat rows. He was a little dazed by it that he missed his cue that it was his turn to get in line. However, as Hoover nudged his should, her nearly jumped out of his skin, rising from his chair so quickly that it nearly fell over, but only skid over the floor with a loud noise. "S-sorry…" He muttered, keeping his head low as he could feel the other students looking at him.

He then looked to Hoover and nodded, falling into his place in line. However, he kept some distance between him and the student in front of him, though he was constantly looking over his shoulder, making sure Hoover wouldn't get so close to him again. He wondered how long he was going to survive here having a roommate. Maybe the dorms wouldn't be so bad… Though it seemed his hopes were squashed when the guards lead them to a long row of cells that looked like something from a mental hospital or prison. He glanced into the tiny cells which had a bed on ether side, quite close to each other. "W-what is this?" He muttered, glancing back at Hoover suddenly.

romance, fantasy, horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hoover himself gave a small jump at Demetri's sudden reaction. He quickly pulled his hand back and frantically glanced around the room, his facing getting hot as people started to stare. All of those eyes, staring at Demetri and then to Hoover. No, no, Hoover couldn't take it. His palms grew clammy and he swallowed hard as he started to walk in line behind Demetri. He was sure to keep his distance, mentally counting to a hundred and not catching the glances Demetri shot in his direction.

As they descended further into the depths of Phobos, the bright and clean interior gave way to a darker, gloomier ambiance. The temperature grew much warmer and more humid than the cool, air-conditioned main floors of the academy. Hoover tugged at the collar of his shirt.

At the count of eighty-seven, Hoover was cut off as Demetri suddenly asked him a question.

"Oh, u-um..." Hoover scratched at his head as they drew nearer to their room. "This is where we'll be sleeping, our dorms...There are more dorms upstairs, but this is where they keep--" He cut himself off, glancing at the guard in front of them before dropping his voice. "It's where they keep the 'special cases.'"

"In here."

The gruff voice of the guard made Hoover jump yet again, and almost sent him crashing into Demetri. Thankfully, he caught himself and shuffled past Demetri and into the room that Hoover had become so familiar with.

He took his place on the left side of the room, sitting down on his bed. Hoover glanced at the mirror and messed with his hair before dropping his hands back to his sides and gesturing with his head towards the empty bed.

"Um, that's your bed...I tried to keep the room pretty clean for a while, but it looks like some people came in and gave you new bedsheets." Hoover forced a smile at Demetri. "Wh-whatever happens, I'll be here for you." He nodded his head. "It's good to have a friend here...I-I mean, if you wanna be friends! I'm not saying we have to be, it's just that it makes this place a lot more bearable to have one, but I totally get it if you don't want to be friends with me since I'm really weird and kind of awkward but I mean I'm used to not really having any friends so -- "

Hoover was starting to babble on again, and likely would if no intervention were to come...

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"T-these are dorms?" He asked in utter disbelief. This had to be some sort of joke, or a temporary room until their real rooms were ready… But he couldn't imagine they were seriously going to make them live in these conditions. How could this be so different than the dorm he'd been living in for the past few weeks. "Special cases?" He muttered back, questioning what that meant. Maybe it was just so they could evaluate the new patients, so they didn't hurt anyone else? But still… none of this felt right. They would have said something…

Demetri dodged Hoover as they were ordered to go inside and he looked to his small, uncomfortable looking bed. However, all of Demetri's thoughts that this might only be temporary were squashed when Hoover suggested he'd been staying here for a while. He sat down slowly, staring around the room as he tried to let it all sink it. "What ever happens…" Demetri repeated, looking to the other boy suddenly.

"Heh, you think you're weird and awkward? Isn't everyone here? I'd be a hypocrite if I judged you like that…" He said before looking down at his own hands which he had linked together tightly. "I appreciate the thought, b-but I just don't think I'm cut out to have friends…" He added quietly. Demetri looked to Hoover then, studying the boy for a moment. "Why are you here anyway… You seem pretty normal to me?"

romance, fantasy, horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hoover halted mid-sentence as Demetri pointed out that everyone in Phobos was weird in someway. His brow furrowed as he pondered upon this for a second.

"Wow, I-I never really thought about it that way..." he said after a moment. A small smile crossed his face. "Yeah. I think that makes sense."

The door to their room slammed shut, and they were finally alone.

"Everyone deserves a friend, though," Hoover said with a determined gaze. He looked to the side after a moment, his confidence faltering. "At least the people like us..." He shook his head before returning his attention back to Demetri, chuckling a bit. "Me? Normal?" Hoover couldn't help but laugh. "I haven't been 'normal' for a long, long time..."

With a sigh, he thought back to his childhood, before he had met Her. It was all Her fault that he was here, that he was the way he was. He grit his teeth and clenched his fists at the thought of Her stupid face. His vision was clouded as all of those awful memories she caused had him in a reverie.

After a moment, he took a deep breath and unclenched his hands.

"I...have a fear of being teased..." he finally said, loosing another sigh. "I do...a lot of things to try and stop myself from being made fun of." Hoover paused a moment. "At least, that's what my therapists have told me, in the past. I couldn't tell you what I do, though. I don't think I..." He scratched his head. "Really recognize when I'm doing it? It's a really bad habit, so bad that I kind of forget that I'm doing it..." Hoover shrugged. "Th-that's really vague, I'm sorry. What about you? Why are you here?" he asked, curious. "It'll be good to know your fear so that I don't accidentally trigger it somehow..."

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Demetri jumped as the door slammed shut, glancing back at the door with a frown. This place was starting to feel less like a school and more like a prison. Unfortunately, he'd soon learn just how true that was. Demetri glanced back to Hoover again and sighed. "I just don't know about that…" He muttered. He wasn't sure if he really deserved or wanted friends. However, a small smirk tugged at his lips, hearing the other boy's comment. Well that he could certainly relate to. He couldn't recall a time that he'd felt 'normal'.

He then sat there quietly, watching and waiting patiently as the other student seemed to struggle with his answer. But finally he relaxed enough to reply. "Being teased…?" He repeated curiously, never having heard of that sort of phobia. Though he supposed that there was probably much weirder stories in this place. "No… it's fine-" He started to reply, but paused as Hoover turned the question back on him.

Well he should have expected that, he guessed. But Hoover did have a point, especially with his particular phobia. And from what he'd seen of Hoover thus far, he felt like maybe he could trust the other boy not to exploit it. Demetri looked down then, giving a heavy sigh of his own. "I-I… I don't like being touched. No, I'm terrified of it…" He admitted, wrapping his arms around himself a bit. Demetri then looked up into the other boy's brown eyes. "In fact, it's probably safer for you if you don't try to touch me. I-I don't want to hurt you… but I can't always control it." He muttered, looking down shamefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast