Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Sanctuary: ADD - The First Eclipse (OOC)

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Name: Myka Marie Rosen (pronounced Micah)

Alliance: Assassin's Guild

Appearance
    Spoiler: Myka 

Class: Knight

Abilities: Rapid Regeneration, Enhanced Sight, Hyperkinesis

Equipment

Casual Clothing:
    Simple clothing, dark blue or black pants with a tighter fitting top, sometimes topped off with a patched up denim jacket and black boots.

Armor:
    Lorica segmentata altered with leather reinforcements to reduce the cost and steel required to craft it with a breastplate instead of a cuirass. There are additional belts to the spaulders to hold them down and reveal less of the weakness in the armpits of the armor. There are thin sheets of plate layered on her thighs and maybe her arms instead of typical vambraces or faulds and a chainmail skirt mixed in with layers of leather.

Weapons:
    Crossbow - Myka has explosive bolts(not too many of them if allowed), ones with silver tips, and ones that have shattering points full of liquid silver nitrate for taking out Scourges. It was also equipped with telescopic sight on it.

Dual daggers- One is steel, the other silver for humans and monsters alike. They are engraved with ancient text. “I am the Light, the Way”. She keeps them sheathed at her hips in a leather sheath.

Pistol - She has silver encased bullets. This is not a weapon she uses often, but she likes having on hand. She has a customized grip for her small hand sized. This is holstered on the backside of her right hip.

Personality: Cold and calculating, Myka always weighs the risks before getting into a situation. Whether it be in her everyday situations or when she is fighting. She does a lot more thinking than talking and often comes off as rude or a bitch. She does not lack humor, but hers is far more dry and sarcastic, and she often doesn’t find things funny that others do. Social skills are not her forte, and she is often quiet or gives short answers. It takes a lot to get past her walls and get her to loosen up or talk. She prefers to observe someone and often chooses whether she likes them before ever meeting them.

She knows that others view her as cold and uncaring, and she rarely addresses it, nor does she care how others see her. Myka’s icy front can be warmed, though, and she is quite loyal to those she calls 'friend' and would put her life on the line for them. She cares a lot, she just does not express it well or really express anything well. She also has a soft spot for ‘innocents’ such as children and animals.

Just as hard as it may be to make her laugh, it is just as hard to make her truly angry. If it does happen, though, she holds a decent grudge and does not forgive easily.

History:
    Myka had a strict military background. Her father had been part of the town guardsmen, he protected the people of Sanctuary and he fully expected her to do the same. Just like the men and women had for so many generations before her. They were a long line of wide range of military roles including some Templar of years past.

Although she wasn’t the son that he had hoped for, he treated her no different. She began training with bows and swords as soon as she was big enough to hold them. He told her stories of the scourge beasts and had her study hard the dark creatures that plagued these lands for so long and how to defeat them should the need arise for it. He was not a mean man, but was strict and serious in his duty and raised her to be the same. He did not mind mistakes but worked with her to correct them and taught her to do everything to the best of her ability.

He was to be respected and obeyed and what he was teaching her was no laughing matter and was not a game. It made her a serious child, and not very accepted by her peers. This definitely hindered her in a social aspect, but she excelled in her training and studies.

As soon as she was old enough, she went through the militant training. With what her father had already instilled in her and prior training, she also survived and was able to become a Templar.

Myka’s preferred weapon is the crossbow, even working on her own bolts to make them more efficient for killing the Scourge Beasts. She does also have a developing love for her dual daggers, there was something about seeing light die in their eyes.. She was young, but her versatility in weaponry and her rather remarkable accuracy with her crossbow made her valuable as a Templar. Her father tried to ensure she at least knew how to pick up most weapons and point them in the right direction.

Due to her rather quiet, non-social nature, she can go overlooked which she doesn’t mind. She had managed to just blend in and do her job in Caleb’s squadron until they had attempted to arrest her. They had fought hard and endured such devastating loss and now they wanted to arrest them? She resisted with Yelena’s crew, now working to sabotage the pilgrimage with the assassins guild, and still holds quite the grudge.

RP Sample:

Myka stood on top of the old ruined building her blue eyes surveying the carnage around them, her crossbow was loaded and aimed.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Stay calm

Usually the last reminder was unnecessary, but this battle had been brutal. With the death of their inquisitor, it left even her with a sense of unease. She loosed the silver-tipped bolt, hitting one of the beasts in the chest, and almost as if on autopilot she grabbed another bolt, loading it and looking down her sights once again, not wasting much time in letting it loose, this one hit another beast in the leg. As she was grabbing for another, she heard the order of retreat.

It was all a blur after that. Myka strapped the crossbow to her back and climbed down from her vantage point. So many of the Scourge beasts, so few of them. Her face still held the stone cold expression but inside there was a fear that she had never known before. There was the uncertainty that almost left her sick to her stomach.

“Myka!” The sound of her name jolted her from her memories from where she lay in the sand. “Are you gonna shoot it, or just gaze off into the sunset?” The young man’s voice held a teasing tone, but she only rolled her eyes. “Shut up so I can focus.” She adjusted the sight on the crossbow and took a deep breath and finally shot at the target. It was at a distance that she had been trying to reach with any kind of accuracy, but had not perfected it yet.

Even as her bolt fell a couple of feet in front of the target, she gave a nod. She would get there. With the slightest hint of a smirk she turned to Joel and raised her eyebrow.

“What do you think I’m paying you for? Go and get it.”
    Last edited by .Karma.; 06-07-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Are we rewriting or CS's or just using the one's we already have?

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Name: Kiera Sanford

Alliance: Divine Trinity

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Kiera: 

Class: Paladin
    Abilities: Enhanced Speed, Enhanced Hearing & Mimicry

Equipment:

Casual Clothing:
    Spoiler: Clothing: 

Armor:
    Spoiler: Armor: 

Kiera's armor mainly consists of soft leather to allow for ease and silence of movement when in the field of battle. The armor mainly consists of a few strategic pieces across the chest, arms and legs. Silver studs have been added across the shoulder, forearms and bracers along with additional silver rivets across the top of the legs and thighs to help ward off an attack from the beasts known to roam the Badlands.

Weapons:
    Spoiler: Weapons: 

Spoiler: Kaitlyn: 

Current: Personality:

There was a time when Kiera was the outgoing, friendly face who always had a joke to tell or the perfect slight of hand. She could steal an ace right out from under the nose of the card sharks who weren't paying because of her constant deflections. It was a dangerous game at time; but, she was a woman who loved a challenge and just had to see how much she could get away with. Even among her fellow Templar's.

In just a short period of time, her whole personality has changed. The goofy, little sneak who enjoyed plying friends with chocolates from her stepmother's shop seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. In her place is a woman who, outwardly, seems sound of mind; but, inwardly is struggling to stay afloat. Time once spent laughing in the bar with friends has given way to an obsessive need to train and an even more excessive need to gather information on the hybrid that's proven to be a deadly threat to the city and everyone within.

Kiera has grown more distrusting of the Divine Trinity and those on the fringes of that fold. Ironically, she'll be riding out with the Most Noble Elijah Latharos into the Badlands. He didn't exactly give off a warm fuzzy; but, compared to a few of the other choices, she didn't find him completely vapid. It was hard to seek out the fellowship of the other Templar's now; but, when it came time for them to choose their paths, she was somewhat relieved to have Letum choose the Borderfields as well. They may have bumped heads in the past; but..hopefully, the task at hand would offer a fresh start.

As the days grew closer to their departure, she made peace with having to leave the walls of Sanctuary. Perhaps worst of all is the the fear her absence in the city will put Kaitlyn in danger. She'd sworn to Isaac that his daughter would be protected and cared for. In truth, she'd done all she could to make that possible. Sometimes it felt as if her feet were strapped in quicksand with no way out. While she may be down, Kiera was far from out. She now had a job to do and a promise she was sworn to keep. Come hell or high water, she'd do her damnedest to fulfill that promise.

History:

Kiera Leann Sanford was born and raised in Eden. Her father had been a successful builder before the city's lake went bad and all fell into hard times. Afterwards, he'd take any old job someone offered to keep his family afloat working dusk til dawn or longer. Illness weakened his body but a heart attack took his life. Her mother still stayed in a place normal people would consider almost unlivable. Barely a thriving city anymore, the place still hobbled along with nothing short of a death grip on the old ways. Their water fouled..the food sources all but gone. Yet the elders refused to acknowledge the downward spiral of their plight.

Even among each other, they barely trusted anyone. Especially outsiders. Too proud to reach out to the Church, too paranoid to seek any help from Sanctuary. The powers that be would rather their inhabitants sit and rot than dare appear to bow down to another.

Pride goeth before the fall. Kiera's mother saw that drop off getting closer in the distance. People were starving, wasting away and dying. Wouldn't be long before only a few remained. Even the young were suffering. That's why she made the hardest decision of her life to send her baby girl, only six years old, away. Doing so, was the best decision she could have made for the child. Even though she knew, with her daughter's youth, she'd likely not even remember the woman who'd given birth to her.

Once within the city of Sanctuary, Kiera was placed in a children's home of sorts. She was adopted by a loving family who owned a local bakery. By twelve, she was working beside her adoptive mother making fresh made bread, cookies and cakes. While she enjoyed the job, it was never an occupation she wanted to commit her life to. On the very morning of her eighteenth birthday, with her families blessing, Kiera put her name on the list for militant training. A move destined to change her stars altogether.

She didn't expect the training to be easy. Nothing worthwhile ever was. Through all the ups and down, aches and pains and all those times where it would be easier to throw in the towel and give up, Kiera endured. She wanted to be a Templar and do her family proud.

In the process of all of the training, they found her special skills and helped her hone them. Upon completion of the field test, she attained her goal of becoming a Paladin. Baking was now only done for special occasions.

Writing Sample

At least a week had passed since Isaac's funeral. Kiera, knowing she was heading to the Badlands soon, planned to hone her archery and swordsmanship skills further in preparation for such. She found herself spending quite a bit more time at the orphanage passing out cookies, candy and cake until Reverend Jameson felt the need to put a stop to the sugar high.

"Templar Sanders..ah so good to see you up and about again. I was beginning to think we needed to send out a search party to find you." Looking around at all the dirty children's faces covered in chocolate, strawberry jam and licorice sticks. Not only were the candies in their mouths; but, in their hair and on their clothes as well. It would take the Nuns at least a few hours to clean them up and get the children to ever settle into bed again. In Kiera's case, and considering all she'd been through of late, he was more than happy to oblige her in sweetening them up so. It seemed to be the first time in days the woman had even show any semblance of that once cheeky grin.

Kiera found herself surrounded by children. It did feel good to start feeling a bit more like her old self again. All the squealing little ones were a great help as well. "Hey! Hey! OK, no more sugar for you...or you..or you. Now, awwww come on! Don't shove that many marshmallows in your mouth. SPIT..IT..OUT!" And the little, red haired boy did just that, right on her newly shined boots. "Aight, I walked right into that." Before she could even get the goo clean, a five year old ran by with three peppermint sticks plastered to her head. Even the Reverend let out a hearty laugh.

"I am so sorry. Kaitlyn isn't nearly as messy as this crew." Speaking of Isaac's daughter, it was a great time to segue into more pertinent needs. "Reverend, I have a favor to ask of you."

"Ask away and I'll see what I can do." Said as he tried to pluck a hard candy from the curtains.

She paused for a moment or two. Trying to figure out the best way to spring this on the poor man who already had his hands full. "I'll be leaving for the Badlands in a few weeks. While I'm gone, Kaitlyn needs a good support system. She's been through so much already..but, I don't have the choice to stay. I guess what I'm trying to ask is for you to help my step-parents watch over her, take care of her and protect her. No child deserves the life she's had."

He was quick to acquiesce to her request. "Of course. Always. You know that."

"I know, I know. I feel so horrible having to go.." By now all the small hooligans were getting their exercise chasing a ball around outside. Giving the two privacy to speak. "If something was to happen to me. If I don't make it back, I know my parents will do all they can for Kaitlyn. I know this. I do.." When it came down to it, SHE was the one who made the promise to Isaac. Trying to keep that promise seemed impossible. "If I don't make it back, I've already arranged to give all of my wealth and possessions to be used for her care. Since I don't spend much, she should be alright for a good while. I've already filled out all the needed documents to do so. All I ask of you is to make sure those wishes are honored should I die."

The Reverend had to admire her foresight. At the same time, the thought of losing yet another Templar, and friend, to battle made his heart sink. "The church will do all we can to raise her spirits and offer her our love until you return. You WILL return, Templar Sanford. Never doubt it."

With a quick prayer for safety and plenty of hugs from now sweaty and sticky children, they parted way.

The next few weeks were no more interesting than the first. Kiera could often be found on the training grounds pummeling one of the stuffed dummies with her sword until she was covered in sweat and too tired to care. She'd practice firing off arrows not just to hit a bulls-eye consistently; but, split an arrow in half as well.

The only thing that hasn't changed over the weeks was her obsession with the hybrid. She still craved the answer to who, what, when and how. Even more so, why? To what gain? Who else was involved?

It would be hard not to notice, she still wasn't the Kiera of the past. Her spark, her smile, that wicked need to cheat at games...no more. There'd be no trips to the tavern for a pint and game of checkers. Yet, her stepmother still had high hopes that some nice young man, somewhere could catch her daughter's eye. Maybe a man with the same drive, tenacity and quest for life that she had once had not so long ago. Another grandchild would be nice after-all. None of them were getting any younger.

A mother could dream couldn't she?
    Last edited by Maya; 07-18-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Texan Queen View Post
    Are we rewriting or CS's or just using the one's we already have?
    It's in my Note to veterans tab in the first post lol. Basically rewrite your CS's but make any appropriate changes on personality and history from the last RP.

One quick thing for veterans, I made a few minor changes in the CS template. Make sure y'all are using that!

Karma, you're character looks really good so far! I'll update this in the first post tom when I have computer access, but assassins are assigned to 3 different tasks. Recruiting people in the border fields, sabotaging the pilgrimage, or espionage Sanctuarys political hierarchy. Other than that, you should've good!

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I will edit it tomorrow. Thank you

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Guess it would help to read everything before asking questions xD

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

So Mad O will be recruiting for the cuthroats huh? Hmm that'll work for the new history I'm planning for him.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

*vomits up CS*

Name: Jerris Greymir

Alliance: Elijah Letharos

Spoiler: Appearance 

Minus, of course, the robotic arm. He stands at around 5'9", is a little bulky but slim, and has ice blue eyes. Well, eye. The left one is naught but a leather eyepatch now.

Class: Knight
    Abilities: Hyperkinesis (specifically enhanced to its fullest capability, almost to the point of precognition. Other skills were inhibited. See History)

Equipment
    Casual Clothing: White button-down, tan slim fit pants, casual black shoes, occasional black cloak
    Armor: white shirt, small and light leather breastplate overtop, navy collared jacket (see appearance), occasional black cloak over the jacket. Black pants, brown boots.
    Weapons: Twin blades and, thanks to private funding from Letharos, twin pistols

Personality: Jerris has, ultimately, no personality. He certainly isn't friendly, warm, or welcoming in any way, preferring the company of his own thoughts. On the flip side, Jerris is not needlessly hostile and hardly loses his temper. He cares not for trivial feuds and small arguments, carrying an almost haughty, superior and nonchalant air about him. His voice rarely raises from a dull, knowing murmur, and it only becomes louder when he must address a large crowd.

He wasn't always like this. In his youth he was still quiet, but in more of a shy, withdrawn sense. He would smile and stutter his words, gazing with big open eyes to the world about him. Whatever happened during his transformation into a Templar changed his attitude quite dramatically. At least, that's what they told him.

Now, his eye (singular) is judgmental, uncaring, and almost lifeless, flaring with energy only in the heat of battle.

Spoiler: History 

Spoiler: RP Sample 
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 06-05-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I need to add a little more in!! But for now here she is :3

Spoiler: Sophia Adams 
    Last edited by Scottie; 06-09-2017 at 11:48 AM.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Kayne..man, why you gotta make me create a new CS? *starts all over* You're making me think. It's way too challenging. *lol*

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast