Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (M)The Black Star Privateers: Blood and Blasters IC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything that lets me smash stuff.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Not the worst place Carcano ever woke up in, but it is a good competitor to his ex's patio. He sprung upright up from the cot, wincing terribly when he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen. He saw himself almost naked, his abdomen swaddled with gauze and modesty saved by a pair of boxers. Carcano's eyes darted all around the room, seeing the captain and other survivors from the disastrous planetary entry.

"Gunner Carcano reporting, ma'am!" He croaked to the Captain. He checked for any of his things, but didn't find them. Not his armor, not his Dynamo, and not Lucerne's machine pistol.

Shit... Lucy's gonna kill me if I lose that...

He shuddered at the thought of Lucerne angry. Dealing with his sister's impatience was bad enough, but at least Ronka was not ex-Death Trooper. Certainly not a former member of the Legion's assassin brigade. Carcano would have to come up with a good excuse if he did lose the machine pistol. Losing it in a crash landing won't work again, even if it's true.

Suddenly, he heard giggling coming from the far side of the room. The cyborg girl, Garuda, hopped out of her cot like a child on christmas day. She was wrapped in more bandages than Carcano, a wide strap of gauze wrapped around her head and covered her left eye. A blotch of blood soaked the gauze where her eye was, or used to be. The severity of her wounds did not hamper her mood.

"That was so incredible!" She cried merrily. "I never experienced such a thing, careening into a planet while on fire, can we do that again~?!"

Carcano didn't say anything, mouth slightly agape as he stared at Garuda. Then he pointed at her, specifically her shoulders, saying, "Kid... Your arms."

Garuda looked to down, and found that her arms were gone. Where supple, sinewy limbs used to be were now just stumps, swaddled in more gauze. Vague surprise described Garuda's expression. She wiggled her amputated limbs, then looked back at the old Gunner.

"I can get new ones."
    Last edited by IronQuill; 08-15-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    Hilariously derailing one-liner

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sam jolted from his cot the moment his eyes were open and he didn't recognize where he was. When he hit the ground and felt as though a million needles were being hammered into him by sledgehammers, he groaned in pain. He heard the Captain's shout, and made himself alive in her eyes,

"Sam is alive, Captain!" he groaned out, trying to pull himself back into his cot. He could feel that at least three of his ribs were broken, and he was pretty sure that his arm had been re-set while he was out.

"June," he said, suddenly realizing that he hadn't seen or heard her call out. With a mighty push, he willed himself out of his cot once more and onto his feet, barely able to stand upright. He stumbled around the room which was filled from wall to wall with cots, barely half of which were filled. He didn't see June in any of them, which made him all the more worried.

"June!" he croaked out, barely a shout. He stumbled from cot to cot, occasionally falling to the ground, which made his entire body fill to the brim with pain. He called out her name once more.

"I'm here, dearest," he heard June call out from a side closet, near the only other door in the room. He quickly- if you would consider stumbling and face planting quickly- made his way to the closet, where he saw June standing straight, rummaging through the shelves lined with towels and bottles and other various items.

"Thank god..." Sam said, pushing himself to her and pulling her close.

"You think I'd die like that? Come now, Sam, you know I'm better than that," she said, a relieved smile on her face.

"Now come, you need to lie down," she said, tugging him outside of the closet and back towards his cot. She helped lay him back down, laughing at his pain.

"How are you not like the rest of us?" Sam asked, curious on how she was able to stand upright, and apart from some darkened gauze and a limp, she looked fine.

"Oh, I am. It fucking hurts like hell, but I need to figure out where the hell we are, and me lying down in a cot waiting for whomever saved us isn't going to help with that. I've got plenty that hurts, but I'm a bit less whiny about it than you are, Sammy boy. Oh, and June reporting, Captain! I believe we are in a sort of tucked away hospice or something. Lots of medical what nots are in the supply closet, and I hear walking and talking outside the door."
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sugar baby was in rough shape, sitting currently motionless in a table. Her body had not been fully prepared for the jump, the first time denting her into a nearby wall, thankfully unharmed. The second time had her dented even further, along with the crash having knocked her core out of place and thus shutting her down to the point of losing the entire time between the second jump to the current time. As with the others, Sugar baby was not without damage, and pretty rough off. Her systems were running on bare minimums as the mechanisms worked to correct her problems. With the large dent along the core she was having a hard time getting back online.

It was well after being dumped on the table that the last few fragments were able be shaken loose and her systems started the lengthy boot-up process, shown by the occasional flicker of light across the panels. It was after the first two had woken up that Sugar baby was able to start up, the soft whir of metal revving up before passing known hearing ranges.

“I be --here.” Sugar baby spoke, the voice tinny and weak as the energy built up. Flaring up its mode of transportation had it listing off to the side some, the dents having her sensors off. She could scan only half of her normal peripherals and her left turret was jammed. The numerous scuffs and cracks would need some heavy and pure metals to fully repair before she could hope to completely use all of her sensors and metals.

“I am unfortunate to repo*ZZT*rt a failin*zrt* of my *brak!* Of major fun*bzzt*ions.” Sugarbaby recited off the numerous mechanical and structural breaks as the occasional spark jumped from the rather large gash near the top that traveled down into the core and one could see the spark from where the gyroscopic core nicked the small shard of metal still sticking out, lending credince to the now verbal tick in its vocals.

“Recom*bzark*nded high gr*zt!*de alloys*zrt* for repairs.” Sugarbaby spoke before flopping down onto the captains bed, already having drained three quarters of its current batteries just floating over to the bed and trying to speak. It would be a good while before the small bot was fully charged, and even more due to the damages.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Xanatos groaned quietly listening to the slightly muffled sounds of agony around him. He silently thanked the three that his species were naturally resilient. He flexed his left hand to make sure the arm was in one piece. The Quartermaster sat up and scanned the room.

He wasn't impressed with his surroundings, even should the room be cooler and spin less; Xan attributed the spin from dizziness to the headache. He studied the crew who were here and tallied losses. When the Captain groaned into consciousness, Xanatos heaved a relieved sigh, and ran his hands along his ears. His body stiffened as the crossed his bandaged ear. He understood the muffled sound. “I’m here, and I’m going to ruin whoever gave us those coordinates.” He replied to Jeela.

Slipping off the table he stumbled forward. The rodentian frowned as the room spun faster; To others he appeared to sway on his feet. His unbandaged ear went erect and very still. Xanatos’ eyes widened and his tail swung around his body. Lifting it carefully he stared at the bandaged tip. About four inches were missing from the end. Gnashing his teeth he said. “I’m going to kill that shitty astrocartographer. I don't care how much it's gonna cost.”

He staggered a furious pace, understanding why the rooms temperature didn't match its appearance and why the room continued to tilt as if he had vertigo. Like his smaller cousins Xanatos’ tail aided his balance and helped shed his bodies excess temperature. Until he could reacclimate to the change in his equilibrium Xanatos would be of little help in anything that isn't paperwork.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*The NPCs*

The sounds of voices awoke Rooster more than the crippling pain radiating from the soles of his feet to every hair on his head. He had no clue what was wrong, but he could still twitch and move so with a low grumbling groan he rolled to his side and saw where whoever had captured them had tossed most of their gear, along with the Mechanic, the Assistant Medic, and the big robot Gunner .

He would've laughed if it wouldn't hurt like hell.
    "Hey Captain, I found crewmembers Geppetto, Medbot, and Xgunbot. Oh I also found our guns." His cot was between Jeela's cot and the backwall where everything seemed to be tossed haphazardly and unguarded. Reaching his hand out to grab one of his knives he heard a sudden buzz then felt a powerful electric shock run up his arm and force him to fall backwards off his cot a whole new wave of pain crashing around his body.
    "Oh you dirty bastards, reaching onto Jeela's bunk he grabbed Sugar Baby and with what might he could manage he threw the little robot at the forcefield hoping it's mechanical body will let it get through.
    "RALPHIE, FLY FAR! FLY FAST!" The small Scout tumbled through the air, but Rooster's weakened state only made the little bot crash back into the table it flew from missing the forcefield by a mile.

From a darkened corner of the gear pile a soft female's voice could be heard.
    "Damn it, Rooster! I almost had Sugar Baby's consciousness transferred to a new body!"

The Chief Scout squinted in the dim light until he saw a cybernetic woman walk unsteadily into a cone of light being let in from one of the windows.

Rooster crawled back into his cot eyeing the strangely familiar woman.
    "And who are to be forcing our crewmates into new bodies?" The oddness of his phrasing didn't even register as weird for the Mutant.

The robotic woman sighed rubbing her head then looked at her hand still not used to it.
    "It's me Warsong, before the crash I uploaded and saved the consciousness of Rahzar, Sugarbaby, and Medbot to my hard drive then attached myself to the nearest cybernetic body which lucky for all of you was in this medical hut in the Western Guida Village. Now shut up, Sugarbaby is the last one I need to transfer then I can bring them back online."

"Uh-huh then what?" The Scout mouthed off again.

"Then I can begin fixing their bodies." Gepetto's gravely robotic voice sounded from where he was actually sitting up watching everyone with an old ship battery hooked up to his chest so his heart can keep pumping The man's body was covered in black scorch marks and open wounds which seemed to crackle with circuitry.

"As soon as you're done charging there Tin Man?" The Mutant joked only to jump slightly at Sugarbaby's little chassis making a few shrill beeps before it powers down fully. Then a few seconds later a white robot cat jumped to life scanning the room.

A few seconds later the surly voice of Medbot countered back at Clive.
    "Remind me to sew your mouth shut if we get out of here Rooster." A robotic hound growls pulling itself out from under some scrap near Warsong.

Rooster couldn't help himself this time he let out a loud painful laugh almost falling out of his bed again.
    "Sure thing Toto, just as soon as we get back to Kansas!"

Jeela, who had been watching and listening to this display for the past few minutes threw a dirtclod at Clive's head silencing him.
    "That is being enough Rooster shut it. Warsong I am being quite glad to be hearing at least some of us will not be helpless."

The A.I. nodded then let out a deep sigh slumping over to the ground as a black monkey with green eyes came to life.

Jeela counted heads then let out a weak chuckle.
    "So Sugarbaby is now being a cat, Medbot is now being a dog, and I am assuming Rahzar is being the monkey."

Meddog growled looking himself over and visibly frowning at the fact he now has a tail.
    "So it seems Captain."
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 08-25-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

"This is highly unpleasant," the monkey complained upon coming online. "My cognitive functions appear to have been severely neutered outside of my APS housing, like stuffing a freaking giant into a child's tutu" X-1 chirruped, hopping up onto two adorable little feet his tail twitching in agitation. X-1 glanced at Rooster, "If you start to cackle and cry out "Fly my pretties," i'm going to brain you," the robot murmured just loud enough for everyone to hear.

Hopping down X-1 walked over to Warsong. "Are you alright friend? You certainly are impressive to have saved the advanced cognitive processes of three separate AI while holding the ship together and then dragging these delicate sacks of meat out of the wreckage.

"For those of you meat-sacks who were unconscious during the end-phase of Warsongs' warp, we exited into a debris field," X-1 watched the winces with sympathy. A lot of sympathy considering he went from a 8 foot tall war mech to a 3 foot tall wizard of oz extra. "Warsong managed to navigate the debris field well enough to avoid the total destruction of the ship and crew, and we are now obviously planet side and mostly put together," the monkified robot hopped up onto the Warsong's shoulder, curling his tail around the droid's arm and wrapping it multiple times.

"Warsong then began the process of transferring herself to a body and the rest of us unfortunate robots to the bodies of what I can only assume to be her menagerie of pets. Is this how you see the rest of us Warsong? What would you turn the Captain into, I wonder, given the opportunity" The monkey's green eyes seemed to glow with amusement.

"As the Warsong was finished transferring herself to a new body, the natives came for a cup of tea and some light kidnapping. It was at this point Warsong yanked me out of my body and I shut down my processing so she'll have to fill in the rest,"
    Blackus Jackus the Eighteenth, Lord of the Apocalypse, Lord of Despair, King of Large and
    Unmentionable Monsters, Unholy Space Pope of Jackism, Chief Administrator of the Feeding Pits of Malgor the World Eater, Margrave Presumptive of the Holy Roman Empire, Chief Justricar of the Free Companies, Grand Maester of the Cowboy Space Pirate Robot Ninjas, Heir to the Duchy of Cheese and Quackers, Countess of the Space Truckers of America, Janitor of the International Space Station, Duke of Disneyland, Baron of Boredom, Court Jester to the Courts of Wrath, Princess of Procrastination, Exchequer Extraordinaire, Chancellor of Chamber Pots, High Steward of Shai Hulud, Marshal of Muffins, Constable of Confections, Admiral of Admiration, Knighted Hobo of Estonia, Slayer of Hutts, Esquire, Lord of the Dance. Prime Menistor

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She could hear people around her talking but couldn't really make much of it out. Her head was throbbing and she could tell it wasn't just from the jump. Something had gone wrong but she wasn't sure what. There was a loud buzzing noise in her head that was drowning everything else out. Taylor opened her eyes noticing that she only had half her vision. She reached up feeling that there was a bandage around her head and covering her left eye. There was something wet running down her cheek, she wiped it away with her finger and brought it before her good eye seeing a blue substance on her finger. Great her ocular implant had ruptured in the crash. Well that explained the buzzing in her head. It was still running but wasn't able to get a signal causing the buzzing. Hopefully someone on the ship with the ability to turn it off had survived the crash.

Taylor went to push herself up on the cot she was laying on but found that her head wasn't the only thing bandaged up. Her right arm was in a sling, the arm itself didn't really hurt at first leading her to wonder why the sling. The movement on sitting up revealed that to her as a sharp pain shot through the shoulder. Looking down she noticed a blood soaked dressing on her shoulder. The pain seemed to feel like it went all the way through her shoulder, and that was because the wound did. Deciding to stay half laying down half sitting up Taylor looked around the room seeing other crew members in various stages of injury. On the ground next to her she saw a long shard of metal covered with blood. Taylor figured that was her blood and the reason her shoulder hurt.

She stayed quiet listening as everyone talked figuring out what happened. Warsong had managed to transfer all the consciousnesses of the bots and AI's. As much Taylor had to admit it was a good idea she was annoyed the AI had a physical body. “Great Warsong has a body.” Taylor said, deciding not to push any buttons and use her nickname for the AI. “What compression rate did you use to compact the data?” Taylor asked wondering how far Warsong had filled up her hard drives. If she pushed it too far she would max out the drive with each moment of new data. They would need to finish all the data transfers sooner rather than later.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default A Soul/Dna copost

"Oh shit..." June mumbled, hearing Xan grumbling and promising to kill someone. She turned around and, seeing him being extra careful walking, she had to muffle a laugh and do her best to hide a smirk.

"Xan. Sorry that I didn't see potential dangers before the jump, I should have seen something coming. Are you alright?"

The rodentian's ear twitched as he was addressed. He turned his eyes to the woman and weighed her carefully. The slight sway to his stance would be comical if it weren't for the cold fire burning in his eyes. "I'll live. I'll be alright when I peel the flesh from whoever sold us the planetary data. They made the mistake. Don't blame yourself."

"Fair enough. So from what I've gathered, it looks to be like we're in a sort of hospital. I hear murmurs outside the door, and one of the closets has a bunch of medical supplies. Morphine too. God is it tantalizing..." June looked longingly at the supply closet, wanting so desperately to just take some morphine to ease the intense pain in her body. She didn't want to trade her mental faculties quite yet though.

"So, how do you suggest we make it out of here? If they figure out the bounties on all our respective heads, I think they'll throw 'do no harm' out the window."

Xanatos shook his head. "Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to claim one of those, won't be the last." The quartermasters eyes moved from crewmen to crewmen. Even as he swayed his balance off, his mind ran full speed.

"My suggestion is," He hesitated, Xanatos doubted it would be a favorite among some of the crew. "Sit tight and wait.

"We don't have enough information to make a valid escape attempt." The rodentian's motioned towards the door. "There could be anything out there. An escape attempt right now can put us smack in the middle of a military encampment or the hostile jungle. For now gather information and watch; We may not even need to escape." He voice dropped low and he muttered to himself, "And Togga's gonna want the ship back."

"Well, on the bright side, we have our gear still. Whether or not they work from the impact is another story. Given, none of us really are in the shape to fight anything that comes our way..." June looked around the room, giving the robots a small glance as Warsong went about fixing them all up.

"Are we sure letting Warsong have her own body is a good idea? For all we know, when we get her back to the ship, she might not want back i- Oh god the ship! For all we know it's completely dead in the water! Hell, we could be miles, days away from the damn thing!"

Xanatos gave June a sardonic look. "If you think Warsong being mobile is a bad idea then your stuck lugging her around. Also when we find the ship, don't expect me to spend anytime around you after she's reinstalled."

"That is a minor bit of information we'll learn while we wait." The quartermaster frowned as the most important fact needed for a proper escape just donned on June. A part of him worried about damage done in her head. "Why don't you go have the doc take a look at you. Make sure you're in top form."
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123